(2010/07) July 2010 MTB


Hi everyone. I haven't actually posted. I'm also supposed to be due in July. I'm at end of 37 weeks and baby is already 3-3.1kg so that is kinda on the big side. Gynae has given till weekend for something to happen naturally. Otherwise it's c-sect on Monday. :S But that's only cos my first was also c-sect. She wouldn't come out at 40 weeks at 3.4kg so doc thinks that by next week, this one will be about 3.3-3.4kg so chances of natural is low and complications may arise from previous c-sect wound. Anyone else in same shoes? I really want natural leh. But I guess it's not in my hands. But at least the one up side of this is that I get to see baby soon!

 
pillow: yeah the first one i also worked till the last day then next day went for epi c section. this time round i will probably take 2 days before the c section date as my tummy is very low right now and my feet are so swollen! My finger joints get so bad and i cant even type by noon. Anyone experienced this?



AtomicKitten: I took epi for #1 and will take epi again this time. The doc works v closely with my gynae so I like his way of administering Epi onto me without much pain. But i shivered so much during #1 and once the baby is delivered, I was given another jab to stop the shivering. GA will make u feel groggy when you wake up and it may be rather painful while Epi allows you to manage your pain ie you can start asking for painkillers once Epi wears off and manage your pain instead of waking up when GA wears off. You know wat i mean? I also quite scaredy cat la but I want to witness my baby's birth and heard that he is fine when he is delivered out and hubby gets to take pics of him in OT. I think GA and Epi same price as I've asked my gynae before.



My baby is growing all right so I think by week 38 he will be more than 3.2kg. My #1 was scanned at 3.1kg but 2 days later via c section he came out to be 3.5kg at 38 weeks! I have a feeling this one will be bigger. *scared*

 
#1, I did epi c-section.

The experience is erhm exciting. Not what I expect that the gynae just cut open and out comes the baby. There is actually pushing of the baby from top by the nurses, etc. infact quite a bit of commotion and action. A little scary.



Recovery was good for me. By second day, I could walk and attend the breast feeding classes. Pain was tolerable and when I discharged from hospital, I was walking up & down floors no problem at all.



For #2, I asked gynae whether to do GA (coz i remembered lots of shivering after epi, and nauseous). But I did ask why my frens complain of very painful when they wake up from GA, which for my epi, I didn’t feel much. Infact I still ask the nurse when will I start to feel the pain. Gynae mentioned that for GA, the painkillers is via drip hence "slower" which is why patients feel v painful when they wake up as compared to epi.



I am big scaredy cat of pain. So will go for epi again for #2.

 
Was @ SGH Pharmacy & bought on impulse Himalaya Baby Lotion cuz there's 20% disc on top of staff purchase...quite cheap. Not sure if I wld apply on baby...maybe at night when BB sleeps in aircon room [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Was also tempted to buy those normal surgical mask to wear when changing BB's diapers cuz scared wait very smelly or my BB boy piss @ me while changing his diaper, haha.


 
Pillow thanks for sharing. I am also thinking of doing c-sect with epi. Have heard both sides of story. Some said not much pain, recovery very fast. Others said so painful, can't get up to take care of their babies. And weeks later still in a lot of pain. Made me so confused.

 
\b(junie} - surgical mask when changing diaper?! haha think that wont work as well as gas-mask! kekeke

 
Eliss>> Won't be that bad until need gas-mask lah...haah. Think even those N95 mask also too "kwa zhang", ahaha.



I'm really tempted to wear normal surgical mask leh, haha.

 
junie

if u hv a tbf baby, the poop smells v sweet... trust me... on the contrary, fm bb's poop smells quite bad... perhaps then the mask will come into gd use... otherwise, the trick abt not getting sprayed at by a bb boy is hold the penis down w the diaper or towel. clean up as usual and then release the diaper or towel when cleaning done... keke...

 
peanut: isssit? oh no. better ask my hubby bring me eat tomorrow haha.



mrslong: wah still need mask haha. Good idea though. I also scared baby shoot his pee leh! What if i happened to open my mouth and it went into my mouth? Yikes..!



Yup i also heard TBF babies poo don stink at all. Only when you start them on FM or on solids.



worldcup: my hubby is a total soccer fan and he have not missed a single match so far. But he watches at home and sometimes i watch with him so its okay lah. Anyway its once every 4 yrs so we must be more understanding about it. =D

 
pillow: yes my exact sentiments! actually it was quite interesting because i could actually hear my gynae cutting me up! not scaring anyone dun be afraid ok!! Its actually a very surreal experience to see your baby delivered before your own eyes. Thank goodness I only shivered and not nauseous. I was out of the OT within 1 hour and get to bf my #1. It was really not that painful compared to GA which my boss took and advised me against. She was so groggy and pained that she did not want the baby near her when she woke up.



babycoco: i could walk after the 2nd day! and within a week i went to my gynae to remove the stitches and checkup. So don't worry its not as painful as it seems.



pillow and babycoco: recovery wise, i really think if you are so much younger, u slim down faster and feel less pain. Even for my current pregnancy, I just feel its much worse than my first one although I am experienced already! And also, it depends on your gynae's surgery skills. My gynae is really good with his stitches so I do not feel much pain and it heals nicely. The last time I had another gynae who did a cyst removal for me under laproscopy (ie 3 holes surgery) and i took 6 weeks to recover and the pain was so horrible, worse than the c section cut i have! So i really think it depends on your gynae's skills as well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Can't wait to see my baby and all of us are counting down the D Day! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Jelly>> smells sweet??!! Ahahahaa....odourless maybe, but sweet? i cannot imagine, haha.



Someone once told me wear goggles when changing a BB boy's diaper...imagine wearing goggles + mask...hahaa!

 
junie and jaclyn,

Haaaa, i dun think the pee will shoot that high bah! But like what JP mentioned, if total BM, the poo no smell, cos i have seen and "smell" my nephew's one before cos my mom wans me to have hands-on practice..duhz..

 
bb boy pee: they really shoot at you ah? never know that...learn something new today...i better be prepared then. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
vernie>> Yes, they do! My friends with BB boys all told me that. Some will like wat Jellypurin said, put diaper or towel on BB's penis 1st when u wipe the bum, apply cream, etc.

 
junie

keke... i can see who will be doing the changing most of the time... but i must say, u get use to it... for me, it's bo pian... no one at home know how to change diaper and take care of bb, i just try lor, no matter how bad it smells and all... anyway, share with you also, when bb gets big and u may need to chk if bb is hvg diarrhea... smtimes u hv to stare at it and smell it too, cos PD may ask... it's disgusting lah, but necessary!

 
Jelly>> My HB oredi said he doesn't want to do diaper changing le! So the most he can help is to smell the poo, hahaha!



Guess no choice if hv to smell, as long as not taste the poo! YUCKS! hahaha.

 
Hey mummies.. just to ask hor, the nappy cream is to be applied after every diaper change or after bathing? Do we just apply on the bum or can apply on the genital area as well?

 
grace >> OMG. So cute that pee-pee teepee thing, hahaa!



But when BB moves, the thing will most likely topple oso i think. So use towel or the (old) diaper still better.

 
sweetkiss

no need to apply every time or everyday. use when necessary... and no, dun apply to genitals... just outside area... when u apply to genitals, u must clean it at the next diaper change otherwise, the cream will be left there... not gd for bb... that's what i do. not sure other mommies think or do this...

 
jelly,

hahaha, its ok. that's why i not buying.

got helper to change pee and poo..hiak hiak hiak..

last time no helper, just came for a month nia.



junie,

cute right..hahahah... i also laughed when i saw it.. i very naughty.. ehmm its FREE SIZE..hahah

sorry too bo liao at home.

 
grace: so cute but I wont put on my baby la...so weird! haha



anyway mummies, i can't wait to lose all my pregnancy weight!! i'm even walking like a penguin now! sigh....already started buying normal clothes to spur myself on.

 
minibean>> wah, i also dunno what my hip size wld be after preggie...



so tempted to order clothes from old navy but dunno what size to order also, ahhaa.

 
grace>> B4 i got preggie, I ordered kids size L. But after preggie dunno shld order Women's Petite XS or kids size XL...hehee....cuz their size can be quite big.

 
junie,

haha i think u can do size L kids lah...

my frens who order XS is slightly bigger than u.

and i dont think yr hips are big at all.. so should be back to normal... last time u underweight rite..anyway after breastfeed, will shrink back one..

 
haha..

i am so bored.

anyone keen in prada bags? there is a private sale at reebonz going on but is by invite only.

if you like, send me yr email, i send u the invite..

 
grace >> haha...kids size L size maybe can only wear after 1 yr, until i regain my pre-preggie figure. Now even Levi's jeans size 24, i also cannot pull up to my hip lor.



Think after preggie, needs sometime to regain bk...so maybe must wear bigger size than b4 pre-preggie time.

 
Hahaa... same here... hoping can go back to pre-pregnancy weight.... hope most weight gain R due to water retention lor...if not quite difficult lah... must work very hard for it...

 
Minibean,

did you do postnatal massage after your previous c-sect? If so, how long did you wait before starting the massage? Is it very difficult to lose the post-pregnancy tummy after C-sect?

Sorry for the questions.

 
keropi,

I have very bad water retention problem..but heard that its not that easy to loose the water retention too...so i am quite worried.

 
water retention

do you elevate your legs (but not above your knees) when you sit down? coz i've been doing that at the office and at home, so far, no water retention. and i hope it'll not be a case of delayed onset. hahaha! also, do you drink lots of water throughout the day?

 
will be at week 37 tomorrow. my gynae told me anytime now. baby is 2.8kg she predict bb to be about 3-3.2kg during birth. very excited to join the waiting game.

 
ica,

When in office, i place a box (the one which was use to whole the copier machine papers)underneath my desk and put my feet on it. Then at night, i will place pillow underneath my feet when i sleep as well. Water wise, is the standard 8~ 9 glasses per day then + fruits and soup..so i think water intake also sufficient bah.

 

sun_tan

ya lor, water intake's sufficient. wonder why some gets water retention. oh, but at nite when i go to sleep, i dun elevate my legs. maybe genetics bah



anyway, dun worry la. when doing confinement, we'll be sweating a lot right? that's the excess water from pregnancy being expelled from our bodies, so your water retention will be gone [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 

Back
Top