(2010/07) July 2010 MTB


Sito



Then u think thru carefully ba... since u had natural birth for ur no 1 before...



My friend also did deliver her no 2 by natural ... bb also abt 4kg++



but most of my friends who go thru 1st delivery went into emgergancy c-section aft full term . they opt for natural birth but either haven dilate, over bleeding or bb poo inside placenta



Keer13



dont know yet... will know the ans soon by this mth end....

 
Hello Mummies (very soon to be)... excited man!!!



I had my Brazilian done yesterday... feel so fantastic.



Apart from that packed my bag for the hosp (just in case). Currently, Im 36 weeks and have prepared the home for my little princess too.



I have been quite busy with all this and now I am relaxing.



The new helper is coping very well and apart from the cramps, sleepless nights, pain in vagina, white discharges, swelling of feet, heartburns and constant peeing... I am just waiting for the girl's arrival.



Im hoping that she would come out during the 38th Week... im getting very exhausted already.



Cant wait..

 
It's really a BIG DECISION for me to make!



NATURAL BIRTH VS EPI C SECTION!




DR said it's best for BB to come out next week, no point waiting coz I cant walk or balance myself liao, so bringing out my BB next week before he goes for a trip is also a relief for me..





But I just pray for Miracles to happen

 
Thanks! In that case, my gynae sounds pretty pro-Csection. Anyway, too late to change. I'll remember this Dr Eunice Chua for future pregnancies. My gynae always say that my husband and I are very anxious, which I don't think so, we spend less than 10mins for our consultation with her, after waiting for 1 hour. I wonder why she can't empathise that we are first-time parents, hence we will be unsure about many things.



Anyway, now that I'm into my 33rd week, I'm feeling tired. What's more, I'm down with flu and sore throat. really envy those who are not working or resting at home. is it true that if we take MC in our last month, it's counted as maternity leave?

 
Jo_Lyn,

I also same as u.. been trying to catch up with the post everyday. But usually after reading, wasnt able to reply too.. hahahhaah...



How u feeling now??? Better liao ma?? wen is ur next visit?? Better u can ask your gynane for BB weight???



Hahaha.. Nvm.. I will go BHG Bugis & take a look & buy... =)

Swimming... Hahhaha past 2 weeks nv lei.. see from the past post said now not gd time swim?? scare if water bag burst also dunno... Wat abt u?? got swim?? Btw wen will u start ur maternity leave??

 
Jasline: me now feeling pelvic pain lor.. The pulling pain no more liao.. Think bb getting bigger so the weight kinda makes me damn tired to walk ard.. Will be seeing gynae next mon. Guess i gotta force him to weigh my bb. Hahha..



I still swimming once a week now. Doing what i still rmb fr the aqua fitness class. hahaha..



Maternity leave: I consider no maternity cos i working for own family mah. Now i on off go in office lor. When lazy or tired, i just stay home and rot. But time seems to pass damn slow now that we in the last few weeks. Haiz...

 
Sito at week 37 your bb weight 3.4kg, i think my bb also will be around there by the time week 37 cause week 32 + 2 days he is 2.37kg.



Prying hard bb gain 250g per week only..



As long we reach week 37 onwards and baby is above 2.5kg, we are safe to deliver them right..

 
CT,



My BB'S weight during 32 weeks is 2.3kg, and at that time my DR said its already very big.so he suspected that Im a dietbetic patient so he sent me for a sugar blood test.



Results came out my body cant digest sugar well so have to cut down all high carbo & sweet food & my MOST likely my BB'S weight will be in control..so I started a very strict & healthy diet last month.



But BB still put on weight so fast, think it's in the genes lol

 
Sito -- issit because ur bb's weight, and hence bb might pop anytime and dr ang might be worried that ur bb will pop when his away?



hmm.. if no c sect, then induce ah?



if say deliver next week can induce ma?

 
Ann, i dunno wor.. that is what my mum say lah.. maybe she is exaggerating..



Sito, if want your bb to be out natural, maybe you want to start walking more?

 
yo mummies!!!

how's everyone? tdy's another freakin bz day for me....

finally managed to read the posts but there is this much I can do w my iPhone. lay chey to post. lol!!



anyways, left office late cuz i was trying to clear some wk cuz tmr on leave! yay!!! gg for my PS!

lata gg to pack my PS stuffs. kekekkekeek...



n for those joinin the dimsum lunch tmr, dun forget ya?

I've made the reservation under 'DQ' again.

majority shd haf my mobile no.

cya pretty mummies tmr!

I go pompom. juz reached home...





DIM SUM LUNCH on 11 June (u r welcome to add ur name to the list!)

time: 1130am

reservation under: DQ

venue: Asia Grand @ Odeon Towers (Mummies ard CityHall, Bugis, Raffles Pl area do join us!!!)

1. DQ

2. Jaclyn

3. babycoco

4. Minmin

5. suntan

6. suntan's fren

7. jelly - late

8. Pris

9.

 
My gynae is gd too. Dr Adelina Wong http://www.adelinawomensclinic.com



shes very smiley and always in good spirits. Shes also the type of gynae that don't comment on weight.. she never once told me i put on too much weight or wat. (which maybe is not good) hahaaa. But I don't feel so nervous seeing her.



My hubby say shes so smiley cos everytime she see her patients.. its $$$ !



Which is true lar. Gynae make so much $$ how can they show us sour face~!

 
cherry.sue : Me too! Everyone, including my mum, keep telling me that my tummy looks like i'm caryying a boy.I juz cant convinced them that it is CONFIRMED a gal.



Babycoco : I also very very surprised that my sugar reading so good after durians leh. I find it too unexplainable! Better dun try again! hee

 
sito and rabbit : your bb gained so much within a week! I'm so envious! Today is my turn to cry after gynae appt coz my bb only gained 100g in 10 days!!! while I lost 900g. I'm going 36 weeks and bb is only 2.3kg now. I only ve 2 more weeks left.. at the rate my bb is barely 2.5kg by the time i deliver. On one hand I must watch my diet ..on the other, bb isnt growing much.How how? Today after doc appt..I ate steak for dinner. Think i must eat more red meat in the next 2weeks..

 
serene: Before I can ask..she already tried prep me mentally and tell me if bb lost weight from prev visit..dun be alarmed. And she also went on to ask me ifI want breastfeed, told her I will try my very best coz I'm afraid that I'm unable to nurse coz I'm gg for C-section.She told me to go for formula if I'm too weak after surgery and dun feel bad abt it.. Before I left, she still reminded me to watch my diet n sugar intake leh. Btw.. she said bb not engaged and water volume is not that high.. but asked me not to worry.

 
Sito : Maybe you should try asking yr doc if he can induce you next week so that u can still go for natural. Otherwise maybe it will be better to follow doc's professional advice..like what the rest of the MTB has said..it will be worse if u try for natural then end upemergency c-section. More traumatic and more $$$ ...

 
sorry i was reading thru all the treads but i forgot who asked abt vaginal discharge! Anyway, I had very bad infection due to GB and during my last visit I was prescribed with a box of 14 inserts. I had to insert 2 per day, one morning n one night.Then doc also make me washed with seba med which I find it 10 times better than lactycd! Since my GD is under control now, I hope i wont kana infection again.. hate the excessive discharge n unbearable itch!



btw my doc stop my ventolin le. She said since I'm almost 36 weeks.. she will let nature take its own course. Hope bb can stay inside for another 2 weeks n beef up more!



Juz now when I cried.. my nose bleed and bleed ... I already very upset after doc's appt.. and when i was home..hubby keep arguing with me. ASked him to stop coz I dun want bb to be affected but he still continued sprouting nonsense... in a nutshell.. he blamed me for not been able to fly this month! If not for bb's sake.. I would not have tolerated all these! I was very angry n kept crying.. then now i feel so guilty again. Poor baby, mummy is sorry...

 
Hi AK,



Dont be upset...think your HB still dun understand the difficulties you are facing... Crying and shouting wont help improve your current situation. Stay calm and when both are calmer, talks and discussions will flow much better and more positive.

 
SERENE



Im also very worried if DR ANG not around den my BB wants to come out, the relief DR does not understand or have my previos record,so must settle before DR ANG goes for his trip next week 18 june nite.



DR ANG caculated my EDD backwards & said my BB can come out on Mon 14/6 / Tue 15/6 which is already 37 weeks full very safe & he gave me a jab on my backside to strengthen BB 'S lungs so BB can have healthly & full developed lungs next week when born. I can said he is a nice & caring Doctor compared to my previous doctor.





I asked DR what is the weight difference for Scan & weight during birth ? He replied +/- 200 grams..





My BB today weight 3.4kg example if give birth tonite will maybe be 3.2kg or 3.6kg at birth


 
Sito,

I'm a March Mummy n was with Lawrence Ang.

He estimated my baby size to hit 3.7-3.8kg at week 40 and mentioned C-sect as an option. At the end, I delivered my 3.3kg girl via induce (vacuum)... the weight difference was 500g!!!

 
morn mommies



re: bb's weight

yes, ultrasound estimation of ur bb's weight is inaccurate some times, but to share, my #1 was about what my gynae had estimated so dun get too worried is bb is too big via scans... they could be smaller...

 
Good morning ladies.



Was having a hard time sleeping last night. Stomach felt like dumbbell being added to it again. Hai...



AK: Hug Hug.. Dun be upset. BB will be fine. Just ignore your insensitive hubby and best is to treat him as invisible when he is not making sense. What is most impt is you and BB. Always remember that.



Weight calculation of BB: Oh.. so it is not very accurate at times ah.. I wonder how accurate is my gynae's estimation.



Can't wait to see gynae tomorrow and go for my brazilian wax. I need a pedicure too.. toenails growing long. Dunno now can reach my feet again or not. Maybe I should try to cut my own toenail before heading to the nail salon.. or else once there, kanna psycho to pamper my feet again. Hehe!!

 
atomic kitten, don't be too upset about bb's weight. i've heard so many people say that bb small at birth is ok, cos they'll gain the weight after they're born. i'm sure your gynae would say something if she was concerned about your baby's weight.

 
ladyk,

wow! that was a very big difference - 500g!



atomickitten,

dun cry, dun cry. your baby's weight ok la. my colleague just gave birth - her baby was only 2.3kg. small hor?



dun let your hubby's remarks affect you - just let them roll off your back. in one ear, out one ear lor. i know it's hard but try not to get too emotional. i know you're very strong de - you've come so far oredi. sometimes i also feel like strangling my hubby in his sleep!



Sito,

I'm sure Dr. Ang will hand over your records to the relief gynae when he's away. That was what my 1st gynae did when she sent me to my current gynae for the detailed scan

 
nursing bra: How many nursing bra did you all buy? I have 4 nursing bras.. is that enough?



Pyjamas: I just went to try on the pyjamas I bought last time, my tummy is so big that I can't button the tummy area.. Sob Sob.. I think worse come worse, have to wear hubby's short sleeve working shirt liao.



I really wonder Mount A really only give me those tie at the back gown to wear nia ah? Dun they have patient's pyjamas?

 
as long as baby weight is more than 2kg.. usually is fine.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



btw, i got question, is macus plug needed? my gynae nv give me wor.. hmm..

 
AtomicKitten, dun be upset, my bb oso 2.2kg nia in week 35.. i think if bb reach 2.5kg after reaching full term then it is w/i the normal range oso..

be happy always ya!!

 
Rabbit,

you mean mucus plug? it's a plug that fills and seals the cervical canal during pregnancy, helps to deter bacteria from going into the uterus. it's produced by our bodies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



nursing bras,

i've 3 and have been wearing them since start of 2nd tri oredi. think will only get 1-2 more after delivery

 
rabbit

mucus plug comes out from your cervix... keke.. it is not a device that your gynae place in ur cervix for you... if you find a piece of "something" dislodge that looks half like a semi-solid discharge with some blood, that could be your mucus plug which had already dislodge and that could also signify labour is nearing in days or weeks...



ann

think 4 is enough at this moment. you will need 1 to 2 gd ones in the day and nite time another piece. do make sure you empty your breast after feeding... when our breast are still full, we tend to leak...



actually the tie back gowns are great! they usally come with a robe as well, so essentially u r covered... the tie backs are convenient for bfing...

 
Mummies,



sorry wats the best solution for heart burn huh?



nvr experience before except ytd and the day before. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



also my nausea is back! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
vivi

there is no best solution. but here are some things worth trying...



1. take many small meals a day

2. drink gaviscon

3. nv lie down immediately after ur meal. do that after 2 hrs

4. observe what you eat - it could be something that triggers the reflux, i.e. spicy food, white bread, etc



i'm having it now as well... going to take gaviscon to cool it down...

 
ica, jellypurin, ohhh okok.. now i know.. keke.. will take note of that also.. because my gynae nv mention to me.. only say any discomfort just call him or popby his clinic.. if is nite time, report to hospital..



nursing bra, i have 3 now.. 1 is cheapo one.. i bot 2 good ones from marks and spencer. i know not enough, been thinking to get another 2.. but dunno should get good ones or cheapo ones..

 
Rabbit: Haha!! I also find your qn abt mucus plug quite funny.. it is something produce by you, not given by gynae.



Carol: Dun wear bra at home.. then how what happen if u leak milk? Then how to put breast pad without bra?



Jellypurin: When I was admitted to Mt A 2 weeks back, they only give me the tie back gown to wear. No robe at all lei. I felt so naked at the back like my backside kanna expose like that. And I am sharing room with another lady. Everytime I go toilet, I will be so scared that my butt exposed to her hubby and her to see when I enter the toilet cos her bed face the toilet door.

 
hi Ann, haha,if leak milk i just use towel to clean up...

i dun like to wear bra at home wor..even b4 pregnnat til now i oso nvr wear at home unless got guest..

hmm,maybe once in a while wear nursing bra at home if too much milk leakage..

 
AtomicKitten,

don't be upset. My BB is about 2.48kg at 35 weeks 5 days when I saw my gynae yesterday, and it's not far off from yours. My gynae said the weight is in the normal range. You still have time for BB to put on weight. See if you can eat some durians - BB sure to grow heavier.



Yesterday during my checkup, it's been confirmed that my BB is still breeched. My gynae gave her 9 more days till my next appointment to turn around otherwise I have to decide on a C-sect when I'm in my 38 weeks i.e end of the month. Upon ultrasound she was found to be sitting very comfortably at the bottom of my pelvis - so comfortable that she doesn't want to move. My gynae taught me to try for the remaining 9 days to spend as much time as I could elevating my pelvis above head level while lying down by placing pillows below the buttocks. I tried sleeping like that for a few hours last night until I had back and shoulder aches but BB's head is still as upright as ever. Haiz... looks like no hope liao.



Btw mummies, is it harder to get rid of the the post-pregnancy tummy after C-sect? Any fast and effective ways to slim down the tummy after C-sect?

 


Back
Top