(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Kepsis - maybe you go tell Allison, most of us dun drive. Difficult to go Sungei Buloh, can suggest other more accessible venues? :p



Jaclyn - Asia Grand near Cityhall MRT, opp RAffles Hotel, beside Bras Basah MacD

 


babycoco,

we were just talking about baby's weight yesterday. ya lor, when we take sugar, baby's weight will boom. never mind lah, as long as baby's doing fine.



i made myself a guinea pig yesterday and tested on my lunch and dinner, see how my blood glucose reading would be.

lunch: yong tau foo (soup, no rice but with tang hoon) - reading 6.0

dinner: brown rice, 2 vege + 1 vegetarian dish - reading 6.4



so now i know what can be consumed lor. carbs can really make the blood glucose level goes up. had cup noodle for dinner once, and the reading was 7.4



dim sum,

i also wanna eat but friday me working. you all enjoy yourselves ya

 
minmin>> on!! i organise this fri's lunch!!



jaclyn>> it's at odeon towers, opposite Raffles Hotel, next to the bras basah Mcdonalds.



eliss>> oh ya hor.. u haf to b on leave this fri.. got PS too mah!!! hee.. where u gg 'lomantic' w ur husby?





DIM SUM LUNCH on 11 June (pls add ur name to the list!)

time: 1130am

venue: Asia Grand @ Odeon Towers (Mummies ard CityHall, Bugis, Raffles Pl area do join us!!!)

1. DQ

2. Jaclyn

3. babycoco

4. Minmin

5.

 
ica, my blood sugar usually less than 5.5 (for lunch, dinner). but 1 time i had yakiniku rice burger from mos burger & my blood sugar shot up to 6.8. my gynae said limit 6.7 so no more mos burger for me.

ya, hopefully bb ok, but 500gr in 1 week is a lot, feel so bad.

 
Mrslong: I did my BW at CCK, home based one. Been going to her for the past 1 year. Let me know if you are interested, I can share her contacts with you.



DQ: Sadly, nope.. haha everything was ok and I have to go back to work! Been taking a day off every week since end of last month. I feel so paiseh cos my colleagues have to follow up my work and also scared my boss not happy. Moreover it’s our appraisal month now. I think I am going to do badly. No increment for me liao… [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
Haa! Odeon tower! I would be at National Library, so maybe can pop by for a quick lunch. Roughly how long would you guys estimate the lunch to take?

 
babycoco,

ya lor, it's the carbs in rice. MOS burger has those burgers wrapped in lettuce right? can have those, should be all right bah.



your gynae set such low level for you. my max is 7.4 i think.



my baby gained 1kg in 2 wks, so same lah, 500g/wk. sigh..just some ice-cream and already like that

 
Would love to join u gals for lunch but sadly my company quite strict on lunch hrs.

Can only go at 1pm and must return to office at 2pm SHARP.

Therefore lunching is always a rush esp if we walk to further places for nicer food. sigh

 
Good morning ladies.



Just met up with the nurse from SCBB and signed all the neccessary document for cord blood donation.



Then went NTUC to buy some ingredients to cook my meal today. As I was walking in to NTUC, an auntie was walking out then she stopped suddenly and talked to me. She asked me if I am giving birth soon, i say ya.. soon. Then she say can see cos my stomach dropped very low le. I just smiled. Then she asked me boy or girl, first kid or not. After that, she congrats me and walked off. This is the first time a stranger commented on my tummy dropping.



Can't wait to see gynae this Saturday.



AK: I just received my final bill from MAH. Total damage is $1057.40. They only charge me for my stay in the normal ward. never charged me for my stay in the labour ward. Not sure why. Quite alot of money lei. Heartpain.



Dimsum: Yummy.. i also have craving for dim sum lei. But I can't join you girls. Maybe I ask hubby to bring me for dimsum after gynae appt this Sat. Hehe!!

 
sweetkiss>> wah.. sian lor... like me tat time, only given TWO miserable days of MC aft my contractions scare... sian lor.. but i also paiseh.. wanna clear my wk b4 i go on long leave.

nvm lah.. we r gonna haf more outings soon! join us next time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



suntan>> comecomecome on fri~~ u r juz nearby!!

we start early then can avoid lunch crowds. i add ur name to the list liao! u wanna get the skirt on fri or thu?



DIM SUM LUNCH on 11 June (pls add ur name to the list!)

time: 1130am

venue: Asia Grand @ Odeon Towers (Mummies ard CityHall, Bugis, Raffles Pl area do join us!!!)

1. DQ

2. Jaclyn

3. babycoco

4. Minmin

5. suntan

6.

 
Rgd ML,

For those mummies who doesnt have a lot of leave, can try asking your gynae for HL. Some gynaes do gives mtb HL in order for them to have ample rest at home before the EDD. I am going on leave only on the 2nd week of jul (cos company refuse to let me go on 1st week of jul..) Most prob i will request HL from gynae to go on leave. Then Co, no choice but to let me go :p

 
SERENE,



I have seen Dr Ang on sunday at TMC..he never said much..



My 37 week checkup is yesterday but I postpone to end of this week, will check with him whether can induce or just wait..

 
Ak: I have yet to source for maid cos now MIL change her mind again, one moment she want maid, now she dun want. want to take care of bb herself but I still worried, will try talk to her again.



F8 mummies: are your hubbies joining us on sunday? I dun mind lunch after that but if no hubby going then I get him to go home first.

DQ: I will get the skirt and pay you on sunday..

 
DIM SUM LUNCH on 11 June (pls add ur name to the list!)

time: 1130am

venue: Asia Grand @ Odeon Towers (Mummies ard CityHall, Bugis, Raffles Pl area do join us!!!)

1. DQ

2. Jaclyn

3. babycoco

4. Minmin

5. suntan

6. jelly - late

 
Dq and Jaclyn: luckily I checked timih with u guys! Mine is supposed to be at 430pm too! Now i'm wondering who's making a mistake. Allison or is it I am clumsy forgetting the correct date! I'm gg to email her now!!!



Suntan: I also intend to ask for hl maybe 2nd week of July onwards also. But do we need to be warded to get hl? I'm with kkh

 
Wah mummies wit big babies.. Like that means really cannot eat rice or bread .. Hmmmmhmmm ..



I am not a noodle person. I really hope baby dont gain weight sooo much.



Ica & Baby coco bb gain 500g per week, so if mine at 32 weeks 2 days is 2.377kg if by week 35 my baby cannot afford to gain 1kg, i dont want him to be 3.377kg at week 35.. How to keep him till week 38? So scary..



I have to fast than. Only eat biscuit for a meal.

 
CT: Mine gained 500g in 2 weeks. I think cos they have GD. Do you have GD too? Please don't starve yourself!! No matter what baby still need nutrients. Take healthy stuff like more veges!

 
All this dimsum talking is making my crave for dimsum. I dun mind having dimsum on Sun after the shoot though, I love my charsiewbao!



fazzy>> Talk abt being protective abt BB. Just few days ago, after my shower in the morning, I wanted to vomit so quickly bend down over toilet bowl but cuz not in time, I hit my tummy on the toilet bowl. HB was so concern that BB's hurt...and I even told him, why u nvr asked me how am I. I vomitted leh :p



Then yest, had steamboat buffet...clumsy me, accidentally toppled my bowl of soup on my body. Luckily the soup is not boiling hot cuz my dress was wet & tummy felt warm from the soup. HB also scared BB inside get scalded, aiyo..haaha.

 
geri>> no probbies, cya on sun!!

my husby not joining.. he anti-social one. lol!!



jaclyn>> i can call to bk for fri's lunch!!





DIM SUM LUNCH on 11 June (pls add ur name to the list!)

time: 1130am

venue: Asia Grand @ Odeon Towers (Mummies ard CityHall, Bugis, Raffles Pl area do join us!!!)

1. DQ

2. Jaclyn

3. babycoco

4. Minmin

5. suntan

6. jelly - late

7. Pris

8.

 
I dont have GD. My Ogtt test results showed no GD.



Jaclyn, i cannot have big babies . My 1st son 3.75kg facing up during delivery, was difficult labour for me. I did not know that if baby face up can be very dangerous and most gynae will opt for C Section. I wonder why my last time Gynae Judy Wong did not opt for C Section when i was 40week fully pregnant..



No wonder i had a very hard and long labour. I ALMOST WANTNG to give up delivey my boy. Lucky god on my side, last push he is out. No brain damaged or any chronic problem. Phewwwwwwwww...



2nd son was earlier 38 weeks weight 3.45kg, facing down, 3 push he is out. No hard labour, no suffering. So i think small babies are better and easier to be delivered.



Funny part this 3rd baby i dont eat alot, i really dont know what makes him growing when i dont gain much weight. All my malay baju kurung i can used. Jeans Also no problem only button below the tummy. Only tummy VEY BIG from infront. If from behind you dont know i am pregnant.



I am praying hard 18th June, the scan can show my baby dont grow much.



My legs are tooo tired to support the tummy. Alot people asked me if i have twins or triplets when the see my tummy.. Really upset me ..

 
mrslong>> aiyo... ur husby so mean... hee...

my husby also lah.. tink we'll take the 2nd place when bb is out! so sad!!!

 
Hi gals,



what's your diet like that cause your BB to grow 500g in a week? Mine only grow 300g in 2 weeks... seem like a small bb... he is only 2.401kg at week 36....so hope he can gain more weight..

 
DQ>> Haha, ya lor. But yest he wisen up a bit, he asked abt me 1st then asked abt BB, cuz after the "vomit" incident, he said he "learnt" his lesson liao, haha.



Sweetkiss>> CCK? Wah too far for me. Tks anyway. Maybe will go bk Honeypot or Fabulous Tan which I did the last time.

 
CT: wah you can still fit into your pre-pregnancy jeans?? I dont think i can fit into anything of mine from pre-pregnancy including undies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



mrslong: aiyo do take care. I know how it feels to vomit n vomit. I vomitted all the way throughout the first 5 mths of my pregnancy. Luckily 3rd trimester never give me any nausea problems. Do you vomit constantly? Maybe try and get some anti vomit pills from gynae. Also now is not a good time for us to bend over and vomit already.. even squatting at the toilet bowl is no good. Try and standby a pail so you can hold onto it and vomit into it. Better this way. Put a plastic bag into the pail so you can throw away immediately. take care!

 
Sito - ya lor... i work backward shld be 37 week liao...emmm that's why hoping bb can gain more weight....cos scare he will come out b4 EDD...

 
Mrslong: ya, now 1st on their minds is the baby. Everythig we do, they'll think of the effects on baby. Luckily for me, hubby doesn't restrict my diet to only include the best of the best for baby.



Keer: I have pmed u

 
Jaclyn>> Luckily not constantly, so far in my 3rd trimester, vomitted abt 4 times I think.



Oh cannot bend over & vomit? I didn't know that...any particular reason why?

 
my bb only 2.2kg at 35 weeks wor..

is it considered as small bb??

ytd chat with my fren who had just delivered..she said my bb really very small..so sad =(

 
Keropi - I drink one cup of LOW Fat milk , during breaskfast, lunch and dinner this is for calcium and heat burn only. That also when at home. If outside i dont drink milk, i drink plain water most of the time. Maybe you can try drink those non Low fat milk ...



Morning breaskfast will be oat meals or biscuit or cereal.



Lunch - Sometimes bread or a set of rice, 3 vegetables and fish (only if i hungry eat rice)



Dinner - Bread or biscuit or oat meals cause i cannot eat rice. (Eat rice sure cannot sleep the rice seemed cannot digest)



I think it is the oat meal making BB growing happily. So tomorrow onwards no more oat meals for me..



I am very worried about the baby weight and told hubby than if BB to big before 37 week i want to opt for C SECTION ..



He look at me and tell me, anyting as long you dont suffer. If bb big he will carry him. So i dont have to worry sooo much.. I was like HUH? yOU 24HRS with baby meh? You work almost 24hrs and no time for me how to have time for BB?

 
carol: mines 2.3kg at 35weeks but my gynae say doing fine. Dont worry so much!



mrslong: yah lor my mom say one.. i think she scared if we bend over it will hurt baby.

 
Fazzy,

No need hospitalised to get HL. Can just request from gynae [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



DQ,

Can i ask my colleague to join too? Cos if not she would need to lunch alone. But she is xiao meimei (very young gal) if you guys dun mind. Ok, then i get from you the skirt on Fri bah.



Geri,

Nope, hubby needs to work, so not joining for Sunday.

 
hi pris,

yes the pic is cute..hahah



keropi,

me same prob again last night + tossing n turning. not sure if the noon nap is helping. will see again tonight.



kepsis,

pic belongs to me. my older girl...she is the one on the bottom mattress, last one in orange.



fazzy,

haha, the pic was all the mummies put down the babies and faster snap!!



dq,

wah sounds like a big makeover for the photoshoot. am contemplating if i should go cut my hair. layer it thinner given the weather..just in case...have fun!



i dont mind the lunch after the photoshoot.. really is sungei buloh.. so far! anyone i can hitch a ride from heeheh..

 
carol,mine 2kg at wk 34,gynae say its average eh.mayb til lter part wil b less then 3kg bt healthy can le.tat is hw i tel myself.

 
F8 shoot, let's wait for confirmation from Allison to see the location shoot is @ BG or SB.



So are we all hvg lunch together after the shoot?

 
ica & babycoco : No wonder my gynae so kang cheong over my blood sugar. My average is abt 7.5 to 8.5 for after meals.



Juz share with you so that you can avoid :

2 hours after meiji choc milk : 10.4!!!

2 hours after a small bowl of (sour) grapes : 10.6!

2 hours after mango & sago pudding : 8.9

2 hours after hosp diabetic western full din : 9.6

2 hours after Bak Chok Mee: 7.7



My readings for yesterday n today hover around 6-8.. then my gynae is gonna say me again.. how how... but i already cut down a lot liao!

 
KEROPI



MY BB weigh <font color="red"> 2.78kg </font> last week during the scan last monday.



I got feeling that my BB put on quite alot these 2 days coz her kick in my tummy is unbearable very strong kungfu kicks, last nite & previous nite only manage to sleep at 3-4 am!!



Having PANDA EYES more serious now keke..



I postpone my this week checkup either to THURS /FRI, will just walk in to clinic coz the nurse said their appt all full liao

 
KEROPI



MY BB weigh <font color="red"> 2.78kg </font> last week during the scan last monday.



I got feeling that my BB put on quite alot these 2 days coz her kick in my tummy is unbearable very strong kungfu kicks, last nite & previous nite only manage to sleep at 3-4 am!!



Having PANDA EYES more serious now keke..



I postpone my this week checkup either to THURS /FRI, will just walk in to clinic coz the nurse said their appt all full liao

 
CT,

my baby's big coz i took sweet stuff despite having GD. that's what sugar does to babies whose mommies have GD. don't diet or stop eating. my gyane said if my weight control is good, blood glucose reading is good but baby still continue to grow like crazy, there's nothing anyone can do. so dun worry. eat healthily ok? can still eat rice and bread, just go for wholemeal or brown rice. dun just eat biscuits - not very nutritious



i also take oatmeal for breakfast but baby's weight is ok. so i don't think it's the oatmeal. unless you add sugar to your oatmeal?



when you take rice, was it a large portion? also the vege/dishes that you take, do you take the gravy as well? if any of the dishes are deep fried or with coconut milk, it will also effect on baby's weight



carol, keropi,

dun worry about your babies' weight. from wk36 onwards, their average weight gain is about 225g/wk. so a 3kg baby at birth is just nice, good for natural birth

 

Mummies i think as long baby is around 2.5kg upon birth it is consider perfect weight, not too small and not too big. So dont worry about bb being too small.



If by week 37 can deliver safely, i prefer to deliver than as i think my bb weight is more than enough already.

 

Back
Top