(2010/07) July 2010 MTB


Aye salah..reply to wrong person..duh!



Jelly >> Meant to reply to you not Serene = )

Dun have the sleeper bag I'm looking for so will give the spree a miss. Thx for the link gal = )

 
Sweet Kiss - 3.9kg natural birth huh?

Wow i hear i almost jumped man. My 1st son 3.75kg i almost give up pushing, tooo tired and very stressfull due to his position was facing up not down. The shoulder was the one prevent him from coming out easily..



Really power your friend. If mine is above 3.8kg, i will tell gynae C Section me cause i dont want to go through anymore hell of suffering..

 
Just went for my 35 week checkup. Bb is 2.4kg at 35 weeks 4 days. Hopefully he will end up at around 3kg at EDD for natural birth. Gynae said bb above 2.5kg is good for survival outside the womb already. It's getting nearer, abt 4 more weeks for me. Kan cheong ah!

 
morning ladies..



ann, ohh.. mine is a different pill. more for muscle relaxing.



anyone know where is a cheaper place to get combi stroller?

 
Pris, yes I get a small crack on the left of my pelvic which us giving me pain when I turn around in bed. Really hurts! When I walk too.

 
I went for my gynae visit yesterday too. At 32 weeks 5 days, bb weighing at 1.917kg. Gynae said was a good weight. He estimate that bb at full term will weigh about 3.2kg. After tat, went down to expo and bought pampers S size diapers. Didnt buy any NB size since S size is good for 3kg to 8kg. Bought 3 packs for $45, which is about 18% off retail price and about $0.31 per pc..think its quite cheap.



Wanna ask you mummies is there a diff between diff brand's cloth diapers? Cos saw that pigeon brand is selling 1 pack (10pcs) at $25.90, but got another brand..think some "fish" brand selling for 1 pack (12 pcs) for just $12! The diff price is really big. The material of the cloth looks the same..so not sure if i should get pigeon one or the cheaper one..

 
Btw, still have 1 more day of fair at expo tmr. If you mummies wanna get pampers diapers, for the 1st 100 purchases, 2 packs or M size or L size diapers, its only $20 (ie its only $10/pack!). Didnt realised its only for the 1st 100 purchases of the day so when we reached there yesterday, the promo packs are all gone le..

 
good afternoon mommies...



woke up this morning and tell myself.. "wow.. i got another 3 weeks to go if im opting for induction!!"



then.. i tell myself.. "dun kan cheong.."



haha... i want to organise my bb things and see what i do better.. but i realise that, i really gotta wait till she pops, then i can know whats best for her.. lol.. so i left things aside and slow down my pace.. keke... faint..



appt is next fri.. i hope dr ang can tell me "You're ready!"



wahahaha..



im having very bad "tail bone" pain.. shoulder is aching, bb's weight is on my butt, and i can feel that my rectum is swollen and painful but when i poo, no blood..



i slept inclined 45degrees yest cause of my tail bone.. hubby was like "how r u gg to sleep like tat?"



then i replied.. "what else can i do?"



haha.. i feel that mom are the greatest!!

JIA YOU!!

 
Hi mummies, sorry to interrupt:

I have the following items available for low prices as I have become a SAHM and my baby is latching on exclusively -





1) PIGEON PERISTALTIC NIPPLE for standard neck bottles - 0-3mths+ S sized teats

Available for sale at $4 per 2pc-pack

-> 2 packs available





2) PIGEON PERISTALTIC NIPPLE for standard neck bottles - 2-3mths+ M sized teats

Available for sale at $4 per 2pc-pack

-> 2 packs available





3) PIGEON PERISTALTIC NIPPLE for standard neck bottles - 2-3mths+ Y leak-proof teats

Available for sale at $4 per 2pc-pack

-> 1 pack available





4) PHILIPS AVENT AIRFLEX NIPPLE - 3mths+ Medium flow teats

Available for sale at $6 per 2 pc-pack

-> 1 pack available





5) NUK Breast Pads with Ultra Absorbent Polymer Core

Available for sale at $5 per 24 pc-pack

-> 1 pack available





6) Tollyjoy Breast Pads with Ultra Soft Maximum Comfort

Available for sale at $6.50 per 48 pc-pack

-> 1 pack available





Self collection: Jurong East MRT, Clementi MRT or Tiong Bahru MRT



Pls PM me to arrange if interested.

 
Hi mummies



I've also gone for my 32nd week scan. BB G is 1.8kg but my weight gain has stabilised at 7kg since 24th week. My blood sugar is still occasionally high, especially if I have meals outside. Luckily, I've no cravings for sweet food. But just slightly envious that some pregnant mothers can just eat what they want.



My doctor has asked me about my choice of painkiller - gas, injection or epidural. I'm actually keen to go drug-free. But this is my first pregnancy. My doctor doesn't appear too supportive of drug-free, she commented that I'll probably be too tired during the 2nd stage to push bb out.



Has anyone considered engaging a doula or has used the services of a doula before? I'll like to hear some feedback.

 
Hi ladies.



I just came back from the baby fair. I know I am not a gd gal cos I didn't stay at home but I really cannot take it liao. Hehe!!



I didn't buy alot this time round cos most of the things are bring bought liao. I only buy Pigeon cotton ball, Pigeon cotton buds, Avent bottom balm, Farlin baby comb & brush and Avent baby monitor. I also bought Avent pacifiers.



At Avent, they also give me a tube of baby moisturiser and stretchmark cream each as free gift. At the Avent instant lucky dip, I gotten 4 free milk bottles. Now I got 10 milk bottles in total. 4 Avent & 6 Pigeon. All free gifts. That is alot of bottles.



Kepsis: I think I saw u at the Prudential counter lei. You were talking to another colleague I think so I didn't walk up to u.

 
MUMMIES,



Have been having BH intervals nearer & nearer, more painful & discomfort.



I can feel the something pushing & funny feeling at the cervix part..like something dropping..



Anyone EXPERIENCED same feeling ?

 
kepsis: It's ok la.. I cut my hair short too.. maybe u won't recognise me too. Actually it was hubby that recognise you.. say u look familiar then I know. Haha!



Hey.. you know my fren Meiqing?? She also at Prudential booth just now.. she's your colleague too.



Oh.. I smell popcorn when I passed by your booth. So tempted. Haha!!

 
Sito: BH is supposed to be more irregular.. if you are experiencing something more regular and last long, then could be real contraction and not just BH. Should take note of it.

 
Ann: I also same as you.. contraction but luckily not dilated. Btw how much did u pay for your stay in hosp huh? I warded one night nia but my bill is > $1K! Imagine how many things i can buy for baby with $1K hor..



BTW i'm trying to pack my hospital bag.. juz wondering how many diapers must we bring huh? is it one pack? hospital no provide? I realized my bb has no clothes to wear to come home leh! I only have tie-string top but no bottom yet! Need to buy ma? But i have those bodysuit/playsuit.. short sleeves n short ones.. will bb be cold without shorts/pants? usually from hospital..bb be wrap up right?

 
Ann: oh I am so tempted to cut my hair too but I was thinking during confinment can tie up. Ya lor, I trying v hard not to eat the pop corn ha ha... But my irritating colleagues keep offering me! Oh ya ya, she just got married right?Not sure if I got e right person cos I dunno everyone there.

 
Hi Mummies.. Having some spare avent bottles (NOT BPA FREE) and thingys wanted to sell them away. Selling cheaper then market prices as i hope to sell them all to 1 person for convenient.





1. 4 x 125ml Avent bottles : $5.00 each

(U.P $17.20 in Twins pack)

Total: $20.00 for all 4bottles

Brand New (Not in boxes as they are from

different hampers from baby shower)



2. 6 x 260ml Avent bottles : $18.00 per pair

(U.P $25++ in Twins pack)

Total: $54.00 for all 6bottles

Brand New in SEALED boxes



3. 1 x Small Size Dryers Diapers (64pcs)

: $10.00 (U.P $14.00)

Brand New (Sealed)



4. 2 x 200ml Wide Neck Pigeons Bottles

: $7.50 each (U.P $9.50each)

Total: $15.00 foR 2bottles

Brand New in SEALED boxes



Everything for just $99.00!! Self Collect at Tiong Bahru Mrt! =D

If interested pls kindly drop me a email at : [email protected]

Pls kindly leave me your name and contact number for me to contact u thru sms! Thank you.

 
Atomic >> No need to bring diapers for baby. Hospital will provide...actually you'd already paid for it in your hospital bill = )

 
wow..seems that all mummies are havin a wonderful time shoppin.i have to give this expo a miss coz i have just delivered my princess.supposed to be a july bb but she is not growin too well so she became june bb instead of july bb..

 
sito, if is like 15-20 mins kind, please let your gynae know. and also your V pain. dont be like me, wait for couple of days then tell my gynae.



i also been a notti gal. just now went out to buy my stroller and some stuffs.. can feel baby is really pulling me down. the weight pressing at my lower part of body.

 
Hi Eunice, wow congrats! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] now to nurture your baby to be healthy! Breastmilk best!

 
Eunice: Congrats on the arrival of your bb gal! You must be the 1st July/June mother! I believe there are going to be many July mtb delivering this month as well! I'll be one of them[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Pris: No need to bring diapers ah? You mean no matter how many diapers bb use..its already included in the bill already eh? oh ok..thanx for info! But must bring own maternity pads hor?



Sito : Think you better consult your gynae asap. Actually when I complain to my gynae abt tightening, she assume that its Braxton and its common at this stage hence she didnt even say anything more or ask more. Then, as usual,she asked me to continue exercise n come back again 2weeks later. It must be a blessing in disguise that I kana cramp there and then... and she sent me for CTG immediately. It turned out to be contraction. If I had left her clinic a little earlier.. I prob wouldnt know I'm getting contraction all these while..and imagine if I continue to exercise...!So better be safe..

 
AtomicKitten: Your $1k bill is before or after medisave deduction? My bill is about $950 like that before medisave deduction. Dunno is that the final total bill or not cause I got it before I left hospital. Or maybe they will send me a final bill.



No need to bring diapers.. hospital will give.



kepsis: For me, I really cannot tahan the heat liao so cut my hair short. Ya.. Meiqing just got married.. I think last yr or something like that. Cannot remember le. Hehe!! In the end, I got 2 packet of popcorns from Avent counter. Haha!!



Eunice: Congratulation on your bb gal. Hope both of you are doing well. When was your EDD acutally?

 
Eunice,

Wow congras! Take care ya.



Ya and i think the list of deliveries has just started!



Btw, have you mommies bought the perfect outfit for your bb's full mth celebration? I still looking for one for my boy leh..but cant seems to find nice NB sizes. Any website to recommend?

 
sun_tan: Maybe by the time your BB full mth, he might be out of NB sizes.. we do not know how fast BB can grow. So maybe can try to shop online during confinement. Hehe!!

 
Atomic>> All the baby stuff would be the antenatal part of your bill. Maternity pad would also be provided but I packed my own anyways.



I'll be delivering at Mt E. List of things they gave me to pack are as follows.



For Mother:

* 2 Fitting brassieres

* 2 Nightgowns with front openings ( I've decided to use the hospital's gown so not bringing this)

* 1 pair of slippers

* Toiletries



For Baby (For going home) :

* Baby vest

* Baby Mittens & Booties

* Wrapping Blankets

 
Ann : My bill of $1k+ should be before the $450 medisave deduction. I asked for the itemized bill and realized everything is super-duper expensive! Which hosp were you admitted into eh? Ya I was told that they will send us a final bill in a few weeks' time.



Oh can I check also if we need to pack breast pad in our hosp bag? Checklist indicated so but dunno if milk has kick in by then or not leh..

 
I noticed that I have discharge little bit of BLOOD Brown colour discharge just now..izit signs of delivery or its normal?



Or check with Dr tmw?

 
Wow, we have our first baby delivered! So exciting! Congrats, Eunice!!



And for the rest of the mummies who are having contractions, supposed to be resting etc. do take good care k. Good night!

 
http://www.babycenter.com/0_signs-of-labor_181.bc



Your baby "drops."

If this is your first pregnancy, you may feel what's known as "lightening" a few weeks before labor starts. You might detect a heaviness in your pelvis as this happens and notice less pressure just below your ribcage, making it easier to catch your breath.



You note more Braxton Hicks contractions.

More frequent and intense Braxton Hicks contractions can signal pre-labor, during which your cervix ripens (see below) and the stage is set for true labor. Some women experience a crampy, menstrual-like feeling during this time.



Sometimes, as true labor draws near, Braxton Hicks contractions become relatively painful and strike as often as every ten to 20 minutes, making you wonder whether true labor has started. But if the contractions don't get longer, stronger, and closer together and cause your cervix to dilate progressively, then what you're feeling is probably so-called false labor.



Your cervix starts to ripen.

In the days and weeks before delivery, Braxton Hicks contractions may do the preliminary work of softening, thinning, and perhaps opening your cervix a bit. (If you've given birth before, your cervix is more likely to dilate a centimeter or two before labor starts, but keep in mind that even being 40 weeks pregnant with your first baby and 1 centimeter dilated is no guarantee that labor is imminent.)



When you're at or near your due date, your practitioner may do a vaginal exam during your prenatal visit to see whether your cervix has started to change.



You pass your mucus plug or notice "bloody show."

You may pass your mucus plug — the small amount of thickened mucus that has sealed your cervical canal during the last nine months — if your cervix begins to dilate as you get close to labor.



The plug may come out in a lump or as increased vaginal discharge over the course of several days. The mucus may be tinged with brown, pink, or red blood, which is why it's referred to as "bloody show." Having sex or a vaginal exam can also disturb your mucus plug and cause you to see some blood-tinged discharge, even when labor isn't going to start in the next few days.

 
Eunice,

Congrats!



Sito,

Dun delay seeing gynae please.



Just checked the 'what to expect book': pinkish/brownish-tinged or bloody mucus accompanied by contractions or other signs of oncoming labour could be signalling start of labour



since most of us are 1st time mommies, if we're having a hard time distinguishing btwn BH & real contractions, according to this same book, a good rule of thumb: call gynae if we have more than 4 BH in 1 hour



Me cannot sleep so came in to see how everyone's doing. Wow! Y'all are so active at night. Me already conked out by 10pm. Got woken up by baby's non-stop movements

 
morning ladies..



sito, hope you are ok.



seems like quite a no. of us already have labour symptoms..



now for me, everyday is like passing mark.. 1 day is like 1 yr.. really hope bb can stay inside till week 37..

 


ceresng - The braun thermometer is selling for $107.00. This model can keep track only for 1 measurement. there's another 1 that can keep up to last 8 record but i cant remember the price.



Eunice - CONGRATZ!!! take good care....

 

Back
Top