(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

DQ: You can get those ULTRA OVERNIGHT types... 32cm long type. Kotex have and I m sure a few other brands have.



Yesterday I went to JB to shop shop, saw diapers there going for cheap. I've decided im going full disposables.... even though not very environment friendly i know but i dont tink i can do alot of washing esp during my confinement. I bought the house GIANT Brand ones.. worked out to be abt 12cts per piece. Then I bought mammy poko NB ones as well, that worked out to b about 32cts per piece. Mammy poko for overnight and for going out.. giant brand for at home during the day time hehee

 


may- mine is 23 jun ehz... so so far away from yours.. why am I still schedule one mth to see him ah?? Hmmm... cos his vacation ah?



i kept having nightmare... or some dreams.. so tired..

 
DQ >> Back @ work tdy liao le. Super sianz, body is here but soul dunno where :p



Besides feeling scared, I also kept thinking on-off how my HB & my relationship will change cuz now so used to "2 person life aka liang ren shi jie". We can go out anywhere/anytime we want.



Watch TV, joked & sleep late just the 2 of us...somehow will miss the 2 person life we have b4 BB comes along [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



I'm also starting to miss the attention & privileges of being pregnant, heheee. Cuz when BB is born, everything will be about BB already....

 
Rgd PJ,

Ya i also going to get the button down kind, but my fren advice me to get those button down gown type. Ie no need to wear bottoms. So when sitting on the bed while in hospital, can pull up the gown so that even if our locha leaks, wont kenna our PJ. She say if we wear the 2 pc type, might risk staining the bottom and also when go toilet, one more pc of garment to remove..lol..might be painful for the wound..



May,

I also have frens who prefer the normal pads, cos they say the maternity pad very thick and would be uncomfortable for the wound also..but need to check often cos flow very heavy..thats why i also dunno to buy which type..



mrslong,

Me also more scare than excited..cos all my things not setup or prepared yet. Everything still in plastic wrappers and bb clothes haven wash yet. Havent do all these becos i still dunno where am i gg to do my confinement [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] stress...

 
SERENE,



Did dr ask you to induced or you opt for it?





MRS LONG,



Im also suffering from Insommia daily, will auto wakeup 4-5pm, go relieve myself den cant sleep liao..Thinking of giving birth soon, very excited & scared at the same time keke..





Anyone knows if Normal Delivery + Stay 1 bedded in TMC about how much ?





thanks

 
Hi DQ, think i might get the normal overnight want. If heavy flow then change a few more times lor... got excuse to clean and air under too.. else think we are the one that need the nappy rash cream then our bb.. And think for normal birth, will have tear or epi so keepg wound clean is impt for faster recovery.



Cheese: think my nx appt after this 12 june shd be 2 wkly ba so maybe can arrange on sat then can meet u liao..

 
Hi mummies,



Long time since I've written in, though I've been following the t posts. I have bought normal night maternity pad, but they are 41cm (Max! kaka!). I'd rather use these cos I prefer those with wings.



I would like to pose this question to mummies who had prenatal massage done before. Yest, I got my massage lady to come n massage me. What I would like to clarify is if it's fine for her to rub my tummy? i asked her if it's ok and she said fine, no problem. But I do get slightly worried after that. baby was still active last night, but very quiet today.

 
Hi mummies!



Rgdg PJs - for my first delivery, i was so tired after that, that i din have the energy to change in my own PJs. Just wore the hospital gown through out my stay. But when i went home, i wore PJs. I think if you are planning to do traditional confinement, ie no fan, no aircon, cotton ones might be more comfy cos silk ones will stick to your skin! I prefered wearing a one piece nightie cos as someone pointed out, there is one piece less to manage when u are in the toilet. And every effort counts when u are tring to recover from the pain of childbirth! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Maternity vs normal pads

i used normal pads cos i din like the feeling of heavily soiled pads and will change every hour or so. So, if you use maternity pads, it wld be a waste since they are more absorbent if i were to change them so frequently. I guess its a matter of personal preference.

 
when then he schedule to see him fornightly or?

im still in 1mth schedule ah, normally mine is after office hours or during office hours.. gotta take time off to go and see him..

 
Hi fazzy, is it a hard rub? How many weeks are u now? When I did my prenatal massage last mth, she just lightly put her hands on the tummy thts all, no rubbing motion. Also, my ML don't do prenatal after 32weeks. Btw, when I attended the antenatal class, the instructor says don't rub your tummy too much in circular motions. Cos it can cause early labour. Thats why when we apply stretch mark cream, we should do it in upward strokes.

 
my masseur sun rub my tummy. she gives me tummy lifts!



re: pjs

not going to wear PJs at home. in hospital, will just wear their gown. lazy to pack them into my hospital bag.



i will wear shorts and nursing top at home plus socks or walk around at home with a pair of slippers. i think july/aug will b a v hot month for confinement!

 
Good afternoon, ladies.



2nd day of HL at home. Totally bored ah. The day care centre lady just came to pick up my girls(furkids) to bring them to the centre to bath. I totally dun dare to bathe them now cos I scared I triggered contraction again. I also dun wanna add on to hubby's workload now cos I think he did alot of housework liao and getting quite sian.



Yesterday night, after so long, I finally get to cook dinner for hubby again. It's been almost a yr since I last cook for him. Quite nice to have some homecooked meal too.



Motherhood fair at expo: How many of you going this weekend? I felt like going too. Wanna finish buying all the things for BB. But dunno hubby will allow me to go or not.



Haircut: I am going to go cut my hair downstair now. Really cannot stand the hot weather and my long hair.



Craving: Had anyone try the Magnum GOLD yet? I been wanting to buy but always Out of stock or never sell. Sian.

 
jellypurin >> my mom said during confinment, best NOT to wear shorts cuz wait "have wind" cuz I was thinking I wanna wear shorts + tank top @ home. So i ended up hving to buy long or abt 3/4 length slacks.

 
ica -- thats colustrum...



cheese -- i think i will be getting my admission form next fri (gynae appt).. i asked for his advice on induction de.. we are KIV-ing and see how it goes..



he schedule me next appt at my 35th week. he say after that then have closer appts. meanwhile, if i feel uncomfy or what, feel free to drop by his clinic



suntan -- u need to lift ur gown up to bf.. which will be quite inconvenient cause u need to shut the curtains and stuff.. its better to get 2 piece.



actually maternity pad doesnt make a diff. i wear normal pads cause im used to it and nowadays there are more absorbant normal pads, so it will be more convenient cause it can stick on the undies.



DQ -- http://www.fairprice.com.sg/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=90001&categoryId=14056&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10061&top_category=10061&pageView= >> kotex maternity pads..



sito -- i asked for it de... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



after delivery... -- missy will use warm towel to clean our face, hands and put on a pad for us with our undies.. then lift us up to a "trolley bed" and push us back to the ward... and carry us again to our bed.. i admit, i was damn sleepy after delivery. but milo was given.. as soon as i drank.. i start to move arnd in the room and got scolded by missy.. cause i got stitches and i need to bed rest cause uterus is shrinking back and she wants me to rest.. haha... im the only patient who keep getting nagged by the nurse.. haha and keep joking with the nurses.. keke..

 
PJs\Hospital Gown: Mt A provides hospital gown right? Then I pack one set of PJs enough liao lar...rather wear theirs, then less item to bring. Hospital bag feels so full with 2 sets of PJs now.

 
ann -- dun walk arnd la.. jus rest at home.. i know its bored but hor.. bb safety is more impt.. bed rest means lying on the bed and resting and lying on ur back... cannot leave the bed unless u are gg toilet or taking ur meals.. u need that badly.. rest more..

 
Have a good rest, Ann.



I wish I can have more rest @ home le...but of course not due to medical reasons or complications.



Yest. on MC thought can wash another batch of BB's clothes but alas, the weather is rainy. Haiz.

 
Out of curiousity, if we want to deliver the BB at Wk 38 but not showing symptoms of delivery yet, can we request to get induced to deliver by natural birth?

 
mrslong -- unless got complications or special reasons like overdue.. then gynae will suggest for induction. cause induction also got risk involved. if bb is not engaged when induced, then must need to go for emergency c sect also..

 
Serene,

really? that's colostrum? heee...does that mean the milk factory is in production oredi? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Ann,

ya, please don't move around unless necessary. like Serene said - only for toilet breaks. and if there's someone to serve you meals in bed, even better. i know it's very boring but try to overcome for baby's sake, ok? almost there. i was also on 2 wks' HL after my IVF, so i just slept. didn't go out at all, not even downstairs to take some fresh air. every day, hubby packed for me. hey! now is a good time to do some research, read up books on labour, baby's 1st yr, etc.



mrslong,

hmmm, i think if there's no medical reason, gynae will not induce. letting baby come out naturally is the best, unless baby's overdue

 
serene,

No need to lift gown to bf. Can get those button down type of gown. So just unbutton the top few and bf away [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
jellypurin, if delivering at TMC, should bring own PJs . coz TMC gown is tie at the back type . so if BF, means you have to almost take off the entire thing (undressed!), v inconvenient.

 
back from gynae visit~ bb turns head down already, yay! She weighs 1.9kg at 32 weeks, everything seems fine =) and i actually didn't have any fungus/ bacteria infection that's why they never call me to go back.



Also just sign up the KKH package, so expensive eh giving birth, total will be ard 4k-5k i think T_T Just now put downpayment $2000+ already. Staying at A1 class too cuz wants hubby to stay with me, hospital is a scary place i am scared of ghost haha!

 
Jaclyn: she rubbed quite hard la, and in circular motions too. That's y I was worried. But baby have been moving at lunch, so I'm more relieved now. I am at 32 wks 5 days. No more massage for me then!



Ann: I've eaten the magnum gold. But I prefer thE almond one still cos I love the nuts. I find the gold quite plain.



Shann yeng: I've signed up for b1 but I think I'll top up for a1 too. I just pray real hard that mine's a normal delivery so the cost difference won't be so much

 
Hi all, did anyone buy the Petie Terrallion Thermometer? Is it good? Taka is selling at $79..



For breast feeding mommies, I think mums fairy is having promotion of their milk trays to freeze breast milk.. Going for $19.95 instead of $38.90.. Think this is a good buy.. So, I will go for that in the fair.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Hi Jaclyn - Is the mamy poko diapers in SGD or RM$ at 32cts each? Did you went to the Jusco sale? I wanted to go JB but hubby say dangerous, so cannot go.. So sad..

 
ica -- ya.. keke.. next u will prob notice hard crust on ur nipple.. those are dried colustrum.. u can use a warm moist cotton ball and clean it off.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Pillow -- ya ya.. and can see undies.. hahaha.. i wore that for my delivery.. everyone can see my undies.. keke..



suntan -- then must make sure the gown covers ur knee hor.. if not enter wind.. keke..

 
Serene,

you seem to be in a joyous mood today, compare to yesterday. okie, will keep a look out for the hard crust



keer,

the part where Jusco is, that's not dangerous. but in the city centre, there are some areas which my friend, who's staying in JB, also dare not go - too dangerous

 
fazzy,

the massage lady that you had, didn't seem like she knew what she was doing. like Jaclyn said, if you rub your tummy in circular motion, it will create a whirlpool effect inside. just imagine, in a whirlpool, the middle is like a funnel, where everything gets sucked in. so our body may think that it's time for labour, and the cervix is the funnel where everything comes out

 
keer13: Its in SGD 32cts each! I check around supermarkets here in sg... it averages 35cts each. However theres a BP in this forum thts also 32cts. I told hubby but he lazy say anyway NB size we just buying 1 packet so just buy from JB together. hehes



Jusco feels quite safe leh.. ask your hubby go with you lor [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



I went to Giant @ Leisure Mall to buy

 
ica - haha.. mood swing everywhere.. haha.. today hubby off day ma.. feel more "safe" when his arnd.. haha...



mrslong -- if can natural then natural lor.. for me i got history, so we are KIV-ing and see how it goes.. most impt is bb's weight.. i dun wan her to come out and end up in NICU and waste $$ ma... hahaha.. once weight is ok, position is ok.. we will see if its favorable to induce or not lor..

 
just came bk from lunch & I realised I really can't seem to walk much now, even tho I'm only in my 32nd week.



My legs can't seem to support my weight already & I get so tired just by walking for 5-10mins. My shoulder blade is also aching which is weird when I dun hv back-ache.



Tail-bone also very pain when I sit & stand. Aiyo..

 
Mdm Ida did the prenatal massage for me.She did not touch massage my tummy at all. She only feelthe baby heard and tell me baby is still lying horizontal not engage yet.



She says she cannot any how touch cause she worry can triger early birth.



She massage my shoulders, neck and feets. Her advice to me since my Stomach is soooo big and my legs cannot tahan to carry me, i have to use any warm oil, tiger balm,axe oil or malay warm masage oil rub at the feet in the night time than put on socks. This can help to remove the Water retention.



My late grandma also does that to her customer. I follow grandma last time when she do postnatal or prenatal massage so i rougly also know thw way to relief water retention. Ony thing i cannot do is to massage my back hands not long enough. Hhahhahahha...

 
i tink my fats are all round my body, still can tahan my weight! But walk like leg big big cos too many meat at my tighs.. lol.



Envy those whose weight gain only less than 10kg...

 
I've gained 13kg so far...still hv abt 1 more mth to go, wonder if my legs can support my weight or not cuz I'm small size to begin with.

 
cheese -- even thou i only gained 5kg so far hor, but i feel fat lei.. its like.. my thighs are rubbing against each other when i walk and causing some skin irritation even.. the other day hubby was asking me.. "hey, is that double chin?" -__-



i also feel super tired when i walk.. machiam carrying 2 bags of rice in front.. cannot balance myself well.. the other day i went for parent teacher meeting at my niece and nephew sch, i jus walk down the stairs from level 3.. i went home feeling that i jus completed my 2.4km run! my calf muscle ache for 3 days and of coz, cramps too..

 
serene,

Ya, now i feel that gg down the stairs is a challenge as i cant see the steps! Tummy in the way. Need to hold onto the railing and walk slowly.



Nowadays when i stand up from a sitting position, i can feel the weight of my tummy bearing down..then will have the urge to pee.

 
cheese: In normal cases, normally it is monthly (4 wkly) visit till wk 32, then 2x monthly till wk 36 then weekly visit till deliver..

 
Ladies,

I'm going into week 35 and my baby still has not turned! I guess I have to prep my mind for a caesaerian. I wish to be conscious to welcome my baby so most likely will opt for caesaerian with epidural. Anyone who is experienced can share with me how the procedure is like? Is it true that it will be more difficult to slim down after the op and will more "wind" be accumulated in the body after that? How long will the recovery process take? Can I still go for postnatal massage and if so how long should I wait before calling my massage lady?

Sorry for so many questions and would appreciate any advice.

 
mrslong -- my first pregnancy i gained 11kg in 30 weeks.. now.. 34 weeks only 5kg.. i was worried at first.. but gynae tell me.. bb is gaining weight, so ok lor..



i stuffed myself with durian and whatever thats sinful.. every visit i go with confidence that i will gain at leact 2 kg.. but... i dunno if its "healthy" or not la.. cause u see, bb is about 2kg, 40-50% increase in blood volume + water retention + water bag.. it will add up to like.. 10kg?



so imagine after my delivery.. i will be weighing lesser than pre pregnancy weight? a bit weird right? but nvm la.. we see how it goes.. gynae never say anything, i only can try my best to gain a bit more or something...

 
springleaf -- dun scare urself first... dr ang told me hor.. bb will normally engage 10 days before delivery (not EDD).. cause i asked him when will bb engage.. he say not so fast one..



if u gg for csect, u can still massage but it will not be that soon. avoid ginger if u have csect. and read up more about bf-ing positions when u have csect cause u might feel uncomfy.



compared to normal delivery, csect needs more bed rest than natural and u might need to have a CL with u or a handy helper to help u while u are bed resting.

 
Serene,

Thanks. I just want to prepare for the worse. But from what I understand, bb engaging in preparation for labor means that the head descends and sits in the pelvic cavity. So bb must be upside down first in order to do that. My bb haven't even turned, not to say engaged.

Do you know why must avoid ginger? I thought it's good for getting rid of wind from the body?

 
springleaf,

are you going for elective c-section? or your gynae actually told you to go for c-section? some babies may not turn down so early. there are some who have turned, but position may change. my fren is in Wk38 and baby has not turned down yet. neither she nor her gynae is anxious



for c-section, you need at least 1 month before you can start post-natal massage. natural birth, after 1 week can start oredi

 
Ica,

I'll c-sect only if left with no choice. Havent't spoken to my gynae yet. Will see him this Sat though.

1 month wait before staring massage is really looong [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/uhoh.gif]

 
springleaf,

heard that you also have to avoid chicken in the 1st wk after delivery if going for c-section. and instead of ginger, to use orange/mandarin peel instead for 1st 12 days after c-section. but i dunno why

 


serene, glad to see i'm not alone, i gained only 2.5kgs since preg. like you i've also been eating whatever i want. in the beginning i'm not so worried about my weight gain cos i assume i'll gain weight in the last trim. i'm 34wks, went to see gynae today, bb weighs 2.5kg. so now i'm wondering what else i should eat to gain some weight.

 

Back
Top