(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

morning mummies,

entering my 30th week and starting to get worried about childbirth. got a few questions here;

1) need to look for a maid now, any mummies with nice experience with maid agencies, please recommend here,

2) understand that we can take raspberry leaf tea from 32weeks onwards? anyone know where we can get the leaf tea?

3) for f8 mummies: have we decided on the venue for our outdoor shoot and is the date fixed on 13th june, morning?

something to share for those mummies who have never done a brazilian wax and interested to get one done before end of june. Strip at the ministry of waxing is offering 50% off your first brazilian at selected outlets, new customers.

Good morning ladies.

It's Monday again. Hate it hate it hate it.

Planning to go for a swim tonight. Hubby is not working today but I can't take leave to be with him. So sian.

Aisha: If you are really uncomfortable with your gynae, it is best that you change one. Find someone whom you are comfortable with. I like my gynae cos he never rush me out when in consultation no matter how many people are waiting to see him and he is late due to some deliveries in the morning. He always seem to remember every little thing about me. Even my tummy size too... haha!! I wonder if everything is written on those consultation card of mine. Haha!! Must take a peek next time round.

Jayamum: Hope you will get better soon.

Nipple cream: Will you all buy a tube to standby just in case? Wondering to order a tube or not.

Morning Mummies

Was so happy last weekend...

Sat I was talking to my bb.. can let mummy see wave wave... hahaha he move his body and i can see my tummy go up and down for 2 x.

then his daddy call his name yesterday and he continously kick and kick... a few times.. so i was thinking is he asking his daddy u call me for???

tis morning abt 4am went to toilet for peeing.. aft tat i try to go back to sleep.. lying down feel light movement fr bb.. so I say good morning.. he kick once and i continue saying and aft tat come one more kick.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jaya mum

congrat on knowing ur bb gender... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

aisha,

i understand how you feel.

but idk, i just reassure myself that she does good stitching and is good during delivery. hopefully she proves me right. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

comment on PEM from June thread :

pls do not book PEM cos i used them for my #1...their CL to me sucks...lazy and always like to listen to our conversations and comment tis n tat...didint wan to sweep n mop flr, all our clothes machine wash...my bb clothes presoak with tons of detergent bt neber rinse clean n cause my bb hv rash...spoil my tap..n hv the cheek to tell me she is not maid leh...

aisha,

most impt is hw u feel and u muz feel comfy with ur gynae [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Ladies,

you can try Blue Egg Breastmilk Storage Bags. It’s much cheaper and available at Tom & Stephanie. Sometimes, the forum here sells too.

I think for CL is a matter of luck lo. I had booked my CL with PEM le.. can only keep my fingers crossed. It's just like having a maid. If you are lucky, u get a good and hardworking one whom u can get along with. But if u are not lucky, u get a shitty one who give u nothing but trouble. So it's really up to luck one. Moreover I had also seen cases where on the forum, someone say this CL is good and nice.. but when some other pple use the CL, they complain and complain.

hi cherry.sue,

yup yup, i will be delivering at PEH as well. wanted my hubby to stay with me also but he don't seem very keen..hahaha! anyway, he is the one who asked me to take the single bedded room cos i guess he prefers privacy...

but come to think of it, the sofa in the single room is abit too small for our hubbies to sleep comfortably in. so anyway, will leave the decision to him ba!

and yes, i went into the Victoria Suite also..cos my relative stayed there for her surgery 2 months back. and wow, the room was really super big and i think my whole family of 4-5 could stay there overnight to accompany me if they want! hahaha! even have gadgets like playstation i think but it must really costs a bomb to stay in this suite. but yeah, as long as you and hubby like the room, go ahead with it! hopefully, you can get also when it's your time to deliver! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Aisha Alwi, yup like what other MTBs shared, go ahead to change your gynae if you want..you must be comfortable with her and that's the most important factor..imagine as time go, we need to see our gynae more often like once in 2 weeks and then weekly..so if you don't like her, then you and baby won't be happy every time during your consulation. i guess as long as you give all your past records to the new gynae, there will be a smooth transition on subsequent follow-ups...

Geri,

rgd f8 mummies, ya the date is fixed on 13th at 10am. But we have not fixed the location yet.

F8 mummies,

u mummies wanna pm me ur email addy then we can have mass email corresponds from there? Easier for those who does not log onto the forum daily to keep n discuss as well.

hi cherry.sue,

i'm with Dr Loke Kah Leong...seeing him at his clinic (Singapore Women's Clinic) at tampines.

he can actually deliver at PEH or TMC..i chose PEH cos it's nearer to my place and think that is also his preferred choice of hospital. he charges $200 additional for delivery at TMC!

who's yours?? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mine is the same as aisha's- dr heng tung lan.

i agree that her appointments are quick but i'm kinda indebted to her. she helped me when i was having hyperemesis gravidarum (severe vomitting). also, whenever i experience emergencies/issues at home, i usually call the emergency line and she gets back to me quite promptly and advise me accordingly. there was once i had an emergency on CNY eve, she said if matters worsen to come down on CNY and meet her there. so yeah, that's why i'm sticking to her even though her appts are quite fast

am i e 1st 1 to cancel 4d scan?bb either 2 near placenta or playing w hands n legs.nt shifting much either,sob. Sonographer ask me 2 cancel my scan..

Hi..sorry to disturb. I am from April mum and i have BN similac mum milk for pregnant and breastfeeding mum to sell at $12/tin.

and also a lot of pretty maternity clothes for work and casual wear to clear.

PM me if you are interested

Diaper rash Cream: Thanks for the advice, will go search for one!

ICA: registered with abbots, so they will call us? But the website say only got 1000 pieces.

Baby diaper bag: The kate spade one looks really nice!!! Am so tempted but not sure to spend this money or not. Hee...

Non-talc powder/liquid power/cornstarch: Sorry ah, may i know what is this for? Kind of lost in this discussion?

Aisha: Ya at first i felt that way about my gynae too, then i realised it could be our appointment time, if i am those right in the middle, say around 10 to 1 or about 3 to 4, then he will always be in a rush like. But if i am the first few or the last few appointments for the day, then i will get more attention and he will patiently answer my questions. I believe it could be because of the queue outside waiting so he will spend less time on each patient. Maybe you can try arranging ur next appointment to be the 1st few or last few for the day?

Brazilian Wax: Is it recommended that we do that before delivery? And how early b4 delivery should we do it?

Ann: Read from the earlier thread that its advisable to bring along when we go for delivery coz our first few times of Bfing the nipple will feel sore.

hi afternoon mummies,

Had ur lunch already?

cheese: i went for my 4d Scan last friday but was told that my bb left hand is blocking and hence ask me to arrange another time for scan.

cheese: Don't be too upset. Maybe think in a positive way. BB wants you to have a surprise when BB is born. Cheer Up, ok?

Ladies, wanna seek your advise on what my gal fren shld do.

Story is like this:

My preggy gal fren of mine looked at her hubby's hp and chanced upon some sms which he had send out/received regarding some flings arrangement with other girls. I know it is wrong to look at her hubby's hp but I think she just felt insecured. She dunno whether she should confront her hubby or not.

I also dunno what she should do. I asked hubby and he say he can understand why the guy did such thing. Then I ask him so u mean he is right? Then hubby say he didn't mean that, just that he is thinking in the guy's point of view.

But I also dunno how to advice my gal fren. Seeing her down also quite sad la cos not very good for her BB too.

For the milkbags, i read that Lasinoh ones tend to leak and there are ppl recommending Gerber's one. Dunno which to buy!

cheese: where did u do ur 4D? I had to go twice for mine because the 1st scan, baby also not cooperative. Did u make appt to do again on another date?

kepsis not sure whether abbott will call. if they dun, then we'll only know whether we've made it within the 1000 in 4-6 wks' time - freebies mah, what to do...hahaha

breast feeding pillow frens have advised me to get one, but not sure whether the usage will be low or high. any mommies have any advice? TIA

kepsis: as i am doing my maternity shoot in june, i am thinking of going for my BW one week before that. After that i won't be doing already, coz quite near to delivery date. just afraid the area will be more sensitive or something.

ica: the pillow quite ex.. i got a cheaper nursing pillow for $29.90. The brand is cheeky bon bon.

Sweetkiss ya, quite ex. the one frens recommended is "my breast friend pillow". even more expensive! i'm thinking if usage is low, i can rent at $15/month or get a 2nd hand one

cherry.sue,

all my appointments are usually very fast also. consultation + routine scanning usually takes around 10min or less, if i don't have any questions to ask my gynae..

i'm ok with that also. as long as i know that me and baby are healthy, i don't ask for anything more.

Ann >> very hard to advise on such stuff but actually it depends on the relationship your friend has with her HB. Do they have open communication or wat?

The fling arrangements are to meet up for dinner, chat or what?

Kepsis: Oh.. ok. I will go buy a tube to standby then. Non-talc powder/liquid power/cornstarch is a discussion on what to use for powdering baby.

Junie: In my eyes, they seems like a good couple together. Hubby really take care of his preggy wife lo. Never thought he would send out such smses. My gal fren also never say what exactly she saw but she just say something like "Hi. I saw your posting on this forum and know you looking for an FB (i think it means fling buddy).. would like to meet up." Something like this kind ba.

But whether he really meet up with the girls or not, i also dunno and she dun dare to ask lo.

gd afternoon mummies...

how was every 1 weekend..hope everyone had a happy mother's day..

now i m back hm, infront of PC and trying hard to wet another tee shirt of mine..so HOT HOT HOT...

i was thinking abt doing a 4D scan too..but abit flicker minded abt it coz i wanted a massage too..=D..back had been aching like some 1 took a wood n hit it..

Ann >> Wah, fling with someone he doesn't even know? Sounds like a red alert to me.

Frankly, something similar happened to me before with an ex-bf. Checked his hp & found him sending "flirting" messages to a girl. I confronted him lor...and ended up kenna bite bk, say why i check his hp, blahblahblah...then I say if nothing to hide, why scare?

Sometimes guys thought harmless flirting is ok, but then it is not. And imagine it's their wife/gf doing it, will they be ok?

So maybe your friend can "geh-geh" talk to her HB and say something similar happened to her gf and asked her HB if it's alright for a HB to flirt with someone else (dun even say the wife is preggy, cuz even not preggy, flirting with other women also cannot!).

Then see what the HB's reaction is?

Junie: Ya lo.. guys will sure deny one unless caught red handed lo. I agree with u tat sometime they think it is harmless to flirt cos in the end, as long as never perform the act means not betraying to wife.

But if vice versa, guys caught girls doing such thing.. even if we also never perform the act, they will call us girls bitch or loose women, etc. So unfair right?

I scared she can't even geh geh talk to her HB and pretend it's another person's problem lo. When she talked to me abt it, she was so closed to tears liao. Quite emo lei. I scared she have not even speak up much, she will cry already.

Serene: Happy Birthday!

vivi & julie: for my gynae package, after 28th week is 2 weekly and after 36th week is weekly.

Hi Ann, sounds tricky man. Also at times like now preggies can get very insecure. Husbies should be more understanding.

My 2 cents worth: you galfriend's husband is up to no good lor! So mean of him

Ann >> Ya, guys very ego one lah, they can do (harmless flirting) but gals cannot. Then when they do something wrong, always have an excuse for it (and often than not, it's cuz of us women...duh rite!) hehee.

Ah? then your friend wants to "silently" ren ah? If me, I'll straightaway hv a talk liao. Cuz if the HB thought the wife doesn't know, then he'll "de chun jing che", not knowing it's wrong.

ann

i will ask my hubby if he is hvg a fling w someone else if i chked his HP and found him texting flirty msgs to a lady. i think as a couple, cannot live in the dark. if as a man he has a need to prove himself thru flirting while his wife is pregnant, i seriously think this man has an issue. maybe counselling may help as well...

erm..does tt mean after 28 wks is twice monthly then follow by weekly appt from gyane to check the positioning of bb?

ann: if my hubby like tt..i think my cow temper sure throw him outta hse..if nt he might get bitten into cripple by his dad..

went for checkup last fri and baby is 1.1kg at 28th week, which is normal. i gained 2.5kg over the last 4 weeks and gyane said i gained too much (recommend to keep to 0.5kg/week) and questioned what I ate. Then I happily complained to him that hubby keep asking me to eat more and make me eat durian. So now finally hubby will stop asking me to put on more weight. last week when i was lying on the bed and turned to my right, i felt a sharp pulling pain on my abdomen that lasted for a few mins. gynae said probably i turned too fast causing the womb to move too much hence pulled some muscle. so nowadays very careful when i turn.

went for 4th antenatal class at MAH on Sat and got to visit the delivery suite and postnatal ward. the room is very new and nicely furbished and the washroom is super big. looking forward to staying there =) after class went for mothers' day celebration with hubby's side relative and had a long tiring dinner. i couldn't sleep after that and had tummy ache till 6am!!! for a moment i wondered if the tummy pain is contraction hahaha, guess i think too much.

lasery >> haha, sorry but that's funny.

Ann >> Or maybe your friend (if she dun dare to ask her HB direct) can pretend she had a bad dream that her HB is flirting with other women and asks her HB if he's doing so, cuz women's 6th sense can be very accurate one (I for one, can attest for it!) and said the dream was so real, she feels scare & confused.

Cuz it was through my dreams & uneasiness that caused me to check my ex-bf's hp then & found out abt him flirting, etc.

btw, any 1 know of any gd postnatal massage package..wanna sign up 1..but duno which is more recommanded..better to get ppl who had more experience to intro.

Jayamum: Ya lo.. so when i told hubby and he say he can understand how that man feel.. i got abit pissed cos it felt like he thinks it's ok for that man to do such thing when his wife is preggy cos they are "suffering" with sex. I asked hubbby then u think we women no urge to have sex meh? But sometime for the sake of BB, really cannot do ma like in my case. We are even more suffering lo as our hormones surged up even more during pregnancy.

Junie & jellypurin:The man sure deny it and then try to shift the fault to the girl lo. Then my gal fren so soft kind.. sure lose one. Looking at him, treat my gal fren so well.. loving hubby.. but "zi ren zi mien bu zi xin" .. cannot see his heart ah.. dunno what he will do.. maybe change into a monster suddenly, i also dunno.

lasery: My temper also like you lo. I would flare up and make sure my hubby suffer more. I always tell my hubby if u ever do things behind my back, pray to buddha everyday that I dun find out or else you will wish you were never born. My hubby always say I evil.. I say you had not seen the darkest side of me yet. Haha!!

mrslong : hee hee..i knw i gt bad temper mah..plus his dad won't tolerate his behaviour esp his wife is preggy nw..

i kick him outta room a few times coz he played online game until like 4am or 6am like tt..the next day i just went into the room, n lock the door n head straight to bed, leaving him no pillow, no blanket (nth)..i might be mean lah..but a message need to be get thru in a hard way when soft approach doesn't get into his head.

lasery2k: during every visit, my gyane will do ultrasound scan so will include checking of positioning of baby. the weeks for checkup at 16,20,24,28 (4 weekly) then 30,32,34,36 (bi-weekly) and then weekly from 36 week till birth.

ann: i agree with mrslong that if the husband think wife dun know, he will carry on and even get worse. i think u can try to encourage her to at least try to geh geh talk to her husband so that at least the husband will be worried that the wife is suspicious and hopefully stop his wrongdoings.

Junie: The dream idea might work hoh. I think I suggest to her and try. If her hubby confessed then at least he had conscience but if he deny, then I think need to teach him a lesson.

Wah.. such dreams lead u to check your ex bf's hp.. i had dream that i am going to have sex with another guy last night lei.. then how? What does that mean? Haha!!!

Lasery: Haha.. serve your hubby right. Guys have thick skulls. Need to hit them hard to penetrate. For my hubby, he normally can't last that long. Most of the time, 11.30pm he would be asking me if he can head for bed liao.

Ann >> Ya, that's why I say men always have excuses when they do wrong things and the blame is always on us women (i.e. cuz we never do this never do that, that's why caused them to do bad things, etc).

Ann >> hahaa, it's women's 6th sense & cuz I felt uneasy then kept thinking abt stuff then ended up dreaming and after that the urge to check his hp was so strong cuz my 6th sense tell me something is not rite lor.

Think u try to persuade your friend to try the "dream" tactic cuz even if she cries, it's ok cuz the dream was so bad, it seem so real she cries (can also "blame

the crying on pregnancy emotions, hehe).

ann: ^5..but hubby knw my temper lah..all thanks to my "sisters" who use to tips him off abt mi..the best thing is, i won't flare up n throw a temper all those, i will tell him off pricking every single pores then i will walk off...

but he sure to suffer coz i will ignore him for ages..my hubby also say the same thing to me.."u devil reborn ar..no heart 1"

ann: i think can advice yr friend to observe her hubby behaviour also loh..sometimes msg might mean alot of things and can cause mis-understanding due to alot of short forms use. using the women best weapon which is instincts would be better..see if she notice any changes in her hubby routine or behaviour or trying to cover things up when qns or ask. loop holes sure will come out after awhile as guys are damn bad at telling lies to woman.

Ann

Your friend confirm that the "FB" means Fling Buddy? Maybe it is just some sort of item her hubby is selling, then he saw an interested buyer in the forum???

If i see the same things on hubby's phone i really dunno hw to react lor. I will just adopt a "wait-and-see" approach. See if there are any changes to hubby's behaviour... once i have enough clues then i will confront him directly. but then again, if a man is good at lying, even if u confront him he can conceal his tail very well de lor.

irene: ofcoz serve him rite..who ask him leave the wife go to bed alone every nite with his precious little king kicking inside. he shld also suffer abit at nite without blanket n pillow. let him feel the cold air in the middle of the nite mah..like tt then seems fair.

Junie: Ya.. had just sms my fren to ask her to adopt the dream technique. Maybe ask her to cry louder too to increase the effect. Hopefully it works and warn the hubby that the wife is feeling insecure and he should stop doing all those stupid things.

lasery: She didn't sense anything wrong with him or his reaction towards her. She is just insecure and that's why she checked his hp.. i think feeling of insecure is due to pregnancy hormone ba. Sometime i feel that way too. That's why she is in shocked too when she see those sms.

Sweetkiss: I can't imagine anything that hubby is selling that could only interest women lo. Cos accordingly to her the smses send out are only to women nia. She told me got one sms even more obscene like include his dick length too. That's why she is so upset now.

Back