(2010/07) July 2010 MTB


Baby yen, which area? Tamp blk 829 got this baby and child clinic not bad.

Cheese n jas: my bb c is wearing 18mth clothing and is fitting only. My hb now get 24mths clothing and I think by cny my bb c can wear it and maybeabit loose only. Haha!

 
cheese, jasline, was reading thru your post on PJs from cuteland. you bought Gap PJs too? i bought them, too but from another seller. i also bought 12-18M thinking baby could wear them for a long time but boy, was i wrong! i reckon for the tops, my baby can wear for another month but the bottoms, the length is just right but the waist band is quite tight. also the material is not that great. i wonder could they be factory overruns or rejects? the quality not very good. i kena nagged by my mom on this

 
hershey, my baby doesn't cry either when i bid her goodbye every morning. she just stares at me, doesn't even smile. like gong-gong de. ahahaha! but when i return home after work, when she sees me, she'll beam me her toothless smiles and keep moving her arms and legs. very funny to watch - she looks like an old uncle whose teeth have all fallen out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
baby_yen,

u can try PD in MA, Dr chan kit yee from SBCC..quite nice n actually recommended by my sil..

Brought my gal to see her before, quite nice n details..

 
Good morning ladies.



This morning, 6am, as usual, Kayden woke up for milk. After milk, I placed him on my bed and hug him close and pat him to sleep. He was sucking real hard on his pacifier.. quite loud (sleepy hubby can also hear it). I see that his eyes are closed but his hands are still moving. He suddenly pull out his pacifier from his mouth and hold it up to my face but his eyes still closed. I waited a few seconds to see if he move his hand but he didn't. Then I take the pacifier from him and he drop his hand and fell asleep le. Very funny right? I continue looking at him to see if he wakes or stir ard for his pacifier, but no lo. He just sleep. He is one weird little boy.



Going to work in morning: Kayden seems to know that he daddy & mummy goes to work every morning. So when I hand him over to my FIL and the maid, I will wave goodbye to him and walk off, he won't cry. But he just stone stone and look at us at the gate when we walk off lo.



MIL: Last night my MIL did the same thing as some of your MILs had done but not in an irritating way la. Ard 8pm like that, Kayden start to show signs that he wanna sleep le ma.. so I go to my in law's bedroom to get some of his clothings and bibs before going home. His daddy was carrying him and when he saw that I walked away, he started crying very loudly. Can hear him crying when I am in the bedroom. He cry and cry. When I walked out, he is still crying. Then my MIL who is sitting next to hubby, took Kayden over. He continue to cry and cry and look for me and keep saying Ma Ma. My MIL suddenly say "Don't like that la. Sui Bian la. Maaa Maaa (aka grandma in cantonese) also can la".. When she say that, it immediately reminded me of you girls. Haha!!! But Kayden still continue crying and my MIL had to bring him to me. When I carry him, he stop crying liao. Then my MIL say to him "Ni Pian mummy bao ni ah" which means he bluff mummy to carry him. He just smile and keep quiet.

 
Sweetkiss: Maybe can meet you during your 2 weeks break if you want too. My boy wanna date ur gal~LOL. Then we see which mummy n bb also free to join in the date!

 
ica: U describe your girl like an old uncle...LOL! My boy also gong-gong de...every morning when we drop him off at the nanny's void deck, no cry, no smile, just stare at us with his big eyes...sometimes get distracted by a passing vehicle or pedestrian and dun look at us. Dunno whether to be sad or happy, sad because he does not seem to "want" us, happy because it is a fuss-free drop off and we will get to work on time.



Ann: I booked the trial class at The Little Gym for next Sat, 3:20pm. Now dunno whether should cancel or not coz the Gymademics trial that JP arranged also on the same weekend.



Bottle feeding: Do you still carry your bb and feed them? Or put them on a bouncer/rocker then hold the bottle and feed them? I want to train him to hold his own bottle, should i put him on the bouncer/rocker, then place his hand on the bottle and feed him? So he will slowly know that he can drink on his own by lying on the bouncer? Any other methods to train? At one stage, he will auto hold the bottle when i feed him while carrying him. Now he does not seem to want to hold anymore. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
vernie: I am thinking of going Gymadenics on Sunday and going The Little Gym on Saturday for next week. Not sure will it be too tedious for Kayden or not.



Bottle Feeding: I still carry Kayden to feed. When I give him the bottle, I realise he always use right hand to take the bottle nia. Then I found out when the maid feed him milk, she will put his left hand under her armpit, so resulting he only hold milk bottle with 1 hand. I am now teaching him how to use both hands to drink milk and not one. But if hold Magmag cup to drink water, he will use 2 hands.

 
ica : ya.. is like they act blur blur de... so funny lorz..



ann : my boy everyone also can.. but like urs, when is near slping time or feeding time... no one can coax him, even his daddy lorz... he will cry for me... worse, if i have to walk pass him and get done with his milk.. he will cry like freaking loud... >_<|||

But 1 thing, if i am in the kitchen, preparing his milk, he will turn his head toward the kitchen direction.. waiting for me to appear at the entrance, and give me a ONE big smile than continue with his crying again.. hahahah~~

 
Re: CNY clothes for BBs



I went to TP Kiddy Palace yesterday & saw they have a few selection of CNY BB boy/girl rompers selling @ $19.90. The material seems very soft.



For those still keen to buy, can check it out at Kiddy Palace.

 
Bb E very notti nowadays, reject milk from her milk bottle even though hungry. Only want milk to mix with cereal or other semi solid food spoon feed den she eats!



Any ways to make her drink milk from bottle?

 
Sito: use those magic cup (avent ones)



there are other brands too...



My bb is using fisherprice and avent ones... she enjoys feeding herself water and at times milk. thou' may take longer time to finish drinking.

 
Sorry to intude,



I have tins of formula to let go..



Friso 2, 900gm - $18 (June 2011)

Mamil Gold 2, 400gm - $10 (March 2012)

Nan pro 2, 400gm - $7 (June 2011)

Nan HA 2, 400gm - $11 (March 2012)



Welcome exchange with vouchers too!



Pm me if interested! Thks.

 
EASTside sahm mummies!!! :p macham lelong... if you're keen to meetup on weekdays, pls PM me. will collate contacts and form small group la. if not, it's quite troublesome to scan thru' so many posts to look for an eastside response. plus sometimes not always online.



would still love to meet with other mummies. but whilst baby still small, definitely more convenient to meet in the east. looking forward to hearing from you!

 
I think hoh, my hubby going crazy thinking about 2nd kid. Everytime I tell him I am feeling out of sort.. he will say preggy ah.. hit target ah. Acting very happy like that. But the thought of getting preggy is tiring to me. Haha!!

 
quartzie: Ya lo.. he funny one. He is the one who say he dun wan anymore kids liao when Kayden was 1mth plus old. Now he is the one who keep asking if I preggy again is it? Men... who say women are the only fickleminded ones?

 
Mummies, we are planning CNY Gathering Steamboat. Kindly confirm ur attendance by keying in ur name, no of adults. I will be buying food for the steamboat and try to budget it at $10 per pax. discuss with some of the mummies and we agreed that no ang bao to be given to all babies.. Heehee..



Cya ladies!



Venue: Hougang Ave 3 (My house) I will PM u gals the full address.

Date: 12th Feb 2010 (Sat)

Time: 3pm



1. Lynn & Hubby

2. Jasline & Hubby

3. Geri & hubby

4. DQ

5. Guayni (hubby to be confirm)

6. Annie & Hubby

7. sun_tan

8. Jasmine & Hubby

9. mrslong & hubby

10. Grace & hubby

11. Irene & hubby

12. Pris

 
Count me in for mommie gatherings = )



Sometimes just crave for some adult conversation...lol



Nowadays I go out almost everyday for lunch, think its become part of B's routine. Dun go out he'll be abit restless.

 
Applejuice, you can count me in for the east gathering on weekdays maybe at Tampines 1, mall or century sq coz my shop just opposite the 3 malls..

 
1. Lynn & Hubby

2. Jasline & Hubby

3. Geri & hubby

4. DQ

5. Guayni (hubby to be confirm)

6. Annie & Hubby

7. sun_tan

8. Jasmine & Hubby

9. mrslong & hubby

10. Grace & hubby

11. Irene & hubby

12. Pris

13. Jaclyn

 
Ann: omgg.. the way ur MIL said "Don't like that la. Sui Bian la. Maaa Maaa (aka grandma in cantonese) also can la" is exactly the same words my MIL said~!



suika/charliebrown: no problem... can PM me ur msn? then i add you all.. haha



nw my girl's turn to have milk strike. for all her feeds today, she only drink ard 100ml... usually she has a dreamfeed at 11pm but today she simply refused and cried. my mum also told me she kept crying in between her naps. mood swing again i think...

 
all along my boy like got milk strike.. since.. starting of jan more often lei.. how.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



he like to eat cereal? I mix with milk so that

at least he got milk intake inside it too.



Last few days worse. his last feed suppose to be 10pm, but now he dun even wanna drink! or drink 50ml then he go sleep! in the end, he will wake up at 2-3am to get milk. i tot he wanna change diapers but he kept on saying mum mum mum mum with his eyes closed.



All this few days the pattern keep repeating.



but yest a bit better.i dure not give much, 100ml n he finish till 5am then want milk...



I think his mum mum is refering to cereal?

because each time i prepare infront of him, he will start to say mum mum...



Oh. met Annie and BB K just now



He rejected me... this is so call the seperation anexity? He open his arm so big to mummy when i carried him within few seconds... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



ANnie, we shall meet more often for them to play and let him see me often too...

 
For mommies who have prepared fruit puree, how much milk do u add to blend? I was blending 2 avocados just now and added almost 100ml of bm but i still find it quite thick. Am i doing it the right way? Also, for carrot puree, do i get the normal big carrots or do i use those baby carrots?

 
sun_tan: I read from somewhere b4 that dun choose baby carrots. Buy those normal carrot. I cant rmb the reason already. Hahhaa..

 
Hi mummies, for those whose babies are teething, do you continue with introduction of solids? I started feeding her solids a week ago and 2 days ago, she developed fever 38.5 deg and cold symptoms. Turned out that she is teething. Saw two front teeth emerging through the lower gums. I'm not sure if I should continue with solids. Would like to know what other mummies are doing?

 
julie, no prob with continuing. teething will occur throughout this period.



you saw doc ? unlikely teething will be high grade fever of 38.5. swollen gums can cause slight fever.

 
Hmmm~ i thought there's a mummy collecting all our info, and will send out a mass of email to us to let us noe which mummy staying which area, rite????

 
Hi mummies,



I've got the following FM samples for stage 2. Anyone would like to exchange with me for Enfapro Stage 2?



- Similac stage 2, expiry date : 090512

- Promil Gold S26 stage 2, expiry date : 190112



Collection point at Boon Lay/Tiong Bahru/Harbourfront MRT station. If interested, please PM me.



Thanks!

 
for those mummies who have started bb on solids at least once a day, is baby's poo still mashy kind?



since ytd, Kayleigh seemed to have difficulty pooing. i saw her gek until whole face red when she was sitting in the walker. when i went to carry her after that, she screamed! 1st time hearing her scream and i got a shock. she kept struggling when i carried and didnt want to lie down nor carried up, only wanted to remain standing in her walker.



so i removed her diaper and saw that she had a stool stuck in her butt. not stuck inside but i think cos very solid she is like "sitting" on her poo. the poo is no longer the mashy type liao. she was crying when i cleaned her butt so i put her on the potty and she "squeezed" out more poo. all her poo are like adult one! i scared is constipation but the poo is not hard. is it normal? it happened twice today where her poo stuck in her butt. i wonder is it because i gave her oatmeal cereal (too heaty) or the FM?



she has been really moody these few days and drinking little milk. at night also cry and wake up a couple of times till we have to pacify her back to sleep. i wonder is it because she still has lots of poo inside which is making her uncomfortable? her poo frequency is still like normal though. once every 2-3 days.

 
Pillow: Yes, we saw doctor. I think she also caught a cold, cos the weather is chilly these days. My MIL brought her out in just a romper! No socks, No long pants and No long sleeves. I felt so mad!

 
sun_tan: When i prepare puree, I dun blend with milk. After steaming with the Avent steamer-blender, i will use the water leftover from the steaming to blend the veg/fruit. Not sure whether can store puree that is already mixed with milk? I only mix with milk when about to feed bb. For avocado that does not require steaming, i will mash with milk only the portion i was about to feed.



Hershey: Yes, one mummy was collecting the info...



SK: Yeah, bb poo will not be so mashy after taking solids. I also realised the poo smells like what bb eats that day. Perhaps monitor and see which are the foods causing constipation and let her drink more water. PD said food like sweet potato & banana may cause constipation.

 
Mommies just to share, carrefour is having a storewide 10% off for the posb everyday card for 3days.



I bought 2 boxes of pampers (2 for $49). Each box have 88 pcs. Further 10% so $44.10 for 88x2 pieces. Total about 25cents each pc. Quite cheap for pampers brand!



Saw alot of ppl buying milk powder. Cos of the 10% off!

 
Ohh it's the last day today so go grab if can make it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Jace, better to not blend milk if storing the food. Cos milk once warmed, cannot be stored. Blend it when feeding baby better!

 
vernie, jaclyn,

So just use water to blend? Yesterday i made 4 baby cubes worth of avocado using bm (1 for 1 day). Put 1 in fridge and the other 3 in freezer. Intend to only defrost on the day which i gg to feed S. SO should be all right? Its like how we store the bm. But using water to blend also ok right?

 
Thanks vernie..



Shucks confirm us constipation cos she got difficulty pooing today again. I let her sit on the potty and finally she poo out. But she cried a bit & I saw blood on her anus area.



Is there anything to help constipation? She drnks alot of water though, abt 50-60ml each time,

 



Back
Top