(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

LT: I wan to ask you, how's the ordering of the sophie the giraffe from amazon?

so sorry abt MIA for so so long, bb is dwn with slight flu then next is me... whole of last week I am riding on roller coaster with bb. now bb recovered but I m getting worst... -.-lll

So happy that the event is finally over. Can get to go home tonight and also fetch bb home tonight le. I am given one day off tomorrow but I think I will go back to work half day. Clear my admin work and then apply for leave from Wed onwards till next Monday if possible. Hehe!! Going to HK this weekend (Fri-Sun).

happy_bee: I really dunno how i lose weight. I was eating alot lei due to stress at work and I lose weight. It always happen when i do events. Nearer to event day and during event day, i eat alot but also lose alot of weight.

CHRISTMAS LUNCH CELEBRATION!!

Gift Exchange - Each family to bring ONE gift for gift exchange to be held at 1530hrs.

cost of gift should be about SGD 15.00, can be for mummy/baby/family. Serene and Michelle have requested for a wishlist. I do not know if if the wishlist is still in time or feasible cuz the gift exchange is by balloting method??? or other suggestionS? Do share

Date: 12th Dec (Confirmed)

Time: Anytime from 1pm - nite...( Sandy will check-in, in the afternoon)

Location : Aloha Changi Halton Terraces, 565 Halton Rd, Unit D

- Sandy will absorb the cost cause her family will be staying

Food to drool over:

~ Mango Cheese Cake

~ Chicken Cutlet In Thousand Island

~ Deep Fried Prawn With Oat Cereal

~ Kai Lan With Oyster Sauce

~ Salad You Tiao

~ Pineapple Rice

~ Chicken Nugget

~ Sea Coconut Cocktail

~ Fruit Punch

1. Serene & Hubby

2. Jaclyn

3. Irene & Hubby

4. Jasline & Hubby

5. Lynn

6. Nicole

7. DQ

8. keropi & Hubby

9. quartzie

10. Eliss & hubby

11. Sandy & Hubby

12. Noknok & Hubby

13. Pris

14. vernie & hubby (if timing is lunch/tea)

15. xbeanniex & hubby (coming after 2pm)

16. Michelle (coming after 2pm)

17. Kepsis(Shiqing)

Min 30 pax for order..per pax $8 buckz.. -

actually it will more convenient for Sandy if all who are coming can pay for the buffet

pay Sandy on the day...pls bring along tupperware for tabao

Hi mummies... today i finally made a decision to leave my job... i just told my supervisor of my intention to leave in Feb. (i need 2 mth's notice). i'm looking fwd to the day i really step out of this stressful environment and have more time for my kid. hope everything will go smoothly. then i need a new job!

Gift Exchange - Each family to bring ONE gift for gift exchange to be held at 1530hrs.

cost of gift should be about SGD 15.00, can be for mummy/baby/family. Serene and Michelle have requested for a wishlist. I do not know if if the wishlist is still in time or feasible cuz the gift exchange is by balloting method??? or other suggestionS? Do share

Food to drool over:

~ Mango Cheese Cake

~ Salad You Tiao

~ Pineapple Rice

~ Chicken Nugget

~ Sea Coconut Cocktail

~ Fruit Punch

1. Serene & Hubby

2. Jaclyn

3. Irene & Hubby

4. Jasline & Hubby

5. Lynn

6. Nicole

7. DQ

8. keropi & Hubby

9. quartzie

10. Eliss & hubby

11. Sandy & Hubby

12. Noknok & Hubby

13. Pris

17. Kepsis(Shiqing)

actually it will more convenient for Sandy if all who are coming can pay for the buffet

Jellypurin,

coz i thinking to give the 4.5 months old bb not. Can buy from the Vitakidz or to prepare ourselves? He is only

mummyrach: i fed my bb brown rice yesterday when he turned 4.5mths [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cuz he's on milk strike.. so i fed him some semi solid to make sure he gets his food.

DQ: What was ur bb's reaction? does he like it? my gal been eyeing me when i eat recently, i wanna start her on solids too if not she looks so poor thing stuck on milk..

re: weaning

if you intend to start your bb on solids, remember to feed the same thing for 1 week. do not change the type of food that you give your bb bcos if there is allergy, at least u know which food caused it.

the best thing to start is on rice cereal. if you give brown rice, remember to give water because some kids will hv constipation after consuming brown rice.

for purees, you can start with bananas, apples, pear and pumpkins. you can give potatoes too. steam the fruits/vege and blend or use a sieve to remove the fibers.

i bought my organic food jars for my baby from agape babies who sells the items lower in price than that of vitakids

jts - i gave my bb pear puree from this brand called babynat and it turns out he is allergic! broke out in a rash

i also let K tried a little steam sweet potato yesterday. i thought the steam potato was little dry so i mixed a little with water... then used her spoon to feed her... her face crinkled a little when I feed her she did not thrust out her tongue though but I'm not sure if she really swallow it.

I think I too Kiasi, and gave her too little. Next time should mix with her milk and make it smoother...

JP,

For soft fruits like banana, do we still needa steam? Is it advisable to prepare the pureen in advance n freeze it? Then next time just take out n re-steam? Wld some nutrients get lost in the process? Best to give fresh? Paisei, so many

SK,

Envy u, can quit job. I also wish I can but financially not allowed [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

irene: replied u!

suntan: me leaving my current job as it is too stressful and lotsa OT.. then I still got to job hunt. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i have to tender 1st becos no company is willing to wait for me to serve 2 mths' notice. kinda risky, scared i'll b jobless for too long!

Jaslyn, JP

Thks for the website! Will go n read tmr!

SK,

U holding very high post tats y need 2 mths notice? I tot normally is 1 mth only.

Food to drool over:

~ Mango Cheese Cake

~ Salad You Tiao

~ Pineapple Rice

~ Chicken Nugget

~ Sea Coconut Cocktail

~ Fruit Punch

1. Serene & Hubby

2. Jaclyn

3. Irene & Hubby

4. Jasline & Hubby

5. Lynn & Hubby

6. Nicole

7. DQ

8. keropi & Hubby

9. quartzie

10. Eliss & hubby

11. Sandy & Hubby

12. Noknok & Hubby

13. Pris

17. Kepsis(Shiqing)

my mum prep the brown rice for me to feed bb.

took 2 small spoonful n mix w my warmed up bm.

it's v watery kind... not the thick thick texture.

fed him w some water aft brown rice.

bb seems to enjoy it.

we decided to let him try semisolid earlier cuz he's been on milk strike for the past 3wks!

I tink my bb is v scheming... he's back to his norm schedule to drink milk tdy.

tink it's a scam for him to b on strike so he can try semisolids.

bbs nowadays... sigh....

CHRISTMAS LUNCH CELEBRATION!! - Happening this coming Sunday

Food to drool over:

~ Mango Cheese Cake

~ Salad You Tiao

~ Pineapple Rice

~ Chicken Nugget

~ Sea Coconut Cocktail

~ Fruit Punch

1. Serene & Hubby

2. Jaclyn

3. Irene & Hubby

4. Jasline & Hubby

5. Lynn & Hubby

6. Nicole

7. DQ

8. keropi & Hubby

9. quartzie

10. Eliss & hubby

11. Sandy & Hubby

12. Noknok & Hubby

13. Pris

17. Kepsis(Shiqing)

Min 30 pax for order..per pax $9++ buckz.. - all to pay Sandy on day of event please and do bring containers for leftovers

Suntan: haha.. no me just a small ant. It’s company policy so everyone needs 2 mths here,

I think cos for my company, need 3 interviews to come in then they take super long to choose suitable candidates…

So I guess the 2 mths notice is sufficient for them to find the right replacement.

Ann,

you going to HK, right? just want to let you know that the haze/pollution is very bad. Hubby went last week and around 4-5pm, he looked out and thought it was raining, so just made a passing remark to his colleagues. he was shocked when they told him "no, it's the haze". hubby says HK not good for bringing up kids. so if you're taking K there, try not to go out too much if possible, ya. and take care yourself, too

re: weaning babies

looks like quite a few babies are being exposed to semisolids. i'll start mine when she reaches 6 months. there's this shop in Harbourfront Ctr that sells organic foodstuff, it's also selling Happy Bellies, Earth's Best, Bellamy

my baby is now in KL with my mom as we're doing some minor reno works on the house. not good for baby says the contractor. on the drive back, bb just sat contentedly in her carseat. dunno is it the carseat is very comfortable or the drive is very boring - baby always fall asleep in the carseat.

it will be 3 wks before i get to see her. keep thinking of her. hubby on the drive back asked me "who's splendid idea was it to do up the house so early?" it was him! lol. he misses our girl a lot. at bedtime, i told him it was late and pls go to sleep, and stop checking on his FB. hubby said "i'm looking at my girlriend's pics" so i peeped over his shoulder and he was looking at our bb's pics.

oh Ica.. [i'm looking at my girlriend's pics" so i peeped over his shoulder and he was looking at our bb's pics.]

So sweet... hee..

my hubby now will wanna carry bb from me and say i carried him too much.. now his turn.. he also like to smell him..

Oh.. veri sweet to see a man behaving like that..

Ica: ur hubby is so sweet! "looking at my gf pics" ;) glad that ur girl survived the drive back to kl. How's the highway rest area? Got facilities like nursery room to change bb diaper or not? I long time did not travel by road back to M'sia. I don't remember they have such facilities, not sure whether got changes or not.

Cheese: my hubby also like to fight with me to carry bb these days! But it is nice that they behave like that...want him to be close to bb too. ;)

My hubby too. He always wanna carry/push stroller or carry bb in carrier when we r out. Not sure is it becos he doesn't wan to carry the diaper or wat, so ended up everytime I wld be the one carrying the bag n he with bb.

ica, can you remember what is the name of the organic shop that sells the happy bellies products?

cos i'm looking for places that sell them locally..cos find it quite a hassle to go through sprees all the time. think one mommy told me that United Square also have..but more out of the way for me.

let me know ok? or near which shop if you can remember?

thanks

cheese, vernie, suntan,

ya lor. i was quite amused and also pleased that he's behaving that way. when i was pregnant, he seldom talked to bb. he said he couldn't visualise, and that the feeling was like talking to himself

vernie,

no changing/nursery room. haha! you know Msia lah. that concept is still very new and some things never change. we stopped at the overbridge restaurant at Ayer Keroh, lunched at KFC and change baby there. placed her on the changing mat on the bench

supergal,

can't recall the name but it's on Level 3, opposite Hwa Xia; same row as a shop selling kitchen stuff

ica: Haha...that's what I thought. Malaysia Tak Boleh lar! Last time without bb, I never take note of such things. And I also don’t recall seeing such facilities available at highway rest areas. Guess we will need to plan our journey properly and stop at those bigger R&R to rest, makan, change bb, etc. Keeping fingers crossed bb will survive the long drive!

hi mommies,

Any recommendation on Vtech toys? Would like to buy for my gal, but dun know which on eto choose.

ica: Thanks for your recommendation on Lamaze Discovery farm cloth book.My gal likes it very much too =)

carol,

glad to know it's a hit with your girl [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Recently have been busy at work and for a week I skipped my lunchtime pump… today I went and my ss dropped by 50%!

Very upset. If I start to resume my afternoon pump again, will ss increase back?

And my bb suddenly lost her voice! I duno wad happened. Physically she is fine, no fever, feeding ok, etc.

But just last nite I realized she had no sound when scream/squeal! Only cry then can hear.. anyone knows why?

Travel with BB

Looking for more excitement now... Brought K to Malacca last month. This month gonna bring her to Cameron Highlands for Xmas! Anyone been there recently, how's the road condition uphill? And the weather???

Eliss

when you were travelling... how do you sterlise her bottles? I am going to Penang in 2 weeks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

although to catch his nap times... i think i will be in the hotel for quite alot of the time! haha

sk

in order to maintain or regain your ss, u must express more frequently. if you don't, by the time u serve your notice, u will still hv low ss... u hv 2 start now. either maintain or increase. cannot decrease.

Claudia - i nvr bring steriliser, i use hot water to scald my stuff...

My hubby told me Penang is almost only 2 hr from Cameron...

i dun really catch K's sleep time, it's more on my pumping times. cuz K can sleep in pram/carrier...

eliss

nice that she can sleep anywhere! mine can only catnap 30mins or so if not on his cot!

CAmeron should be nice.... nice and cooling. Been there eons back

increasing milk supply: Just want to share, i was lamenting that my supply drop by quite abit just last week... i used to be able to express 150-200 a time (or more in the morning if i did not manage to wake up to pump). But it dropped to a point where I have to literally squeeze until I can get 100. Mainly the reason was bcos I went back to work fulltime and sometimes too busy so i'll skip sessions or drag the session to later.

I sort of panic cos my boy is still on fulltime EBM and would like to maintain him on that for as long as I can (or at the very least 6mths). ALso I am going to USA for 9 days in Jan and thus I had to make sure we had enough frozen milk for him... my helper said we had only 20+ packets and I needed at least 50-70 just to be on the safe side.

Waaah really panic mode and I know I have to work really hard in order to increase my supply.

What I did was to drink a huge bowl of papaya+fish soup every day. Also instead of my manual pump, i brought my PISA to work. Even though I am more comfortable with my manual pump, the PISA is double and so it can stimulate more milk. Also I made sure to not exceed 4 hours and I set my alarm clock so that i'll definitely wake up to pump. This truly works bcos within 1 week, my supply went back up. I can now produce at least 150 each time I pump. Very relieve!!!

So morale of the story is .. if we want to maintain our supply.. (esp pure pumping moms), we CANNOT slack at all. Its a HUGE commitment on our part so lets jiayou mommiess!!!

Eliss: It is rainy season now, so Cameron should be cooling. But do be careful though coz there's tendency for landslides during rainy season. Not too sure about the new road to Cameron - guess should be better than the old one. It has been ages since I been there.

Back