(2010/07) July 2010 MTB


phy,



u are very good! nowadays i just do some activities with my boy n thats it.



pillow,



i dun think i will cover up. i will use this chance as a way to "sex educate" my boy on it.

 
Vivi and ica,

I'm bored at home mah...MIL helps me look after #1 so basically I'm doing nothing much except surf net and get ready for IT... Staying home can drive one crazy but of coz I also don't wish to return to work so soon... Furthermore will have to go to my mum's place to keep her company.



Think good to keep physically and mentally active. Keeping fingers crossed that this labour will be short and sweet.



Pillow,

Ya, I also didn't bother to cover up when I expressed at home in my bedroom. My boy was too young to know what I was doing lah... haha, but most of the time I latched him on. Anyway, I only BFed him for a year. Dunno how long I can dong for #2.

 
Feeling very tired @ work tdy. Energy level is getting lower & lower when am at work :p



The back-pain & tailbone pain is making my very uncomfortable.



Part of me really hope to be able to deliver BB at Wk 38-39.

 
Oh forgot to mention when I go out with #1, my friends would help me jagar him coz their kids older already... so it's easy for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
kepsis,

I just called up Stemcord. Like what you said, cord blood is stored in 2 bags and in two locations. Now waiting discuss with hubby if we should store #2's cordblood with stemcord or cordlife (which is the same as #1's).

 
Mrs Long,

I had tailbone pain for first pregnancy.. think due to sitting position... u need to get up to walk ard a bit...



Energy level going low har.. haha, later after BB's come out no time to think abt energy at all.. oh, can eat the small banana? Instant energy booster.

 
Munchies,

Hmm, not that I know of... stretch marks can become less obvious but totally rid of them seems unheard of

 
munchies

stretch marks are permanent in a sense... will not disappear but will fade into a lighter shade of silver but it will be there

 
phy>> Ya, i will get up & walk abit...but funny thing is when i lie on bed to sleep, sometimes will also hv tailbone pain...sianz le.

 
wondering if after give birth still must apply stretch mark cream or not huh? mine is finishing le.. dun think can tong until i give birth.. need to replenish or not huh? think when bb comes ..prob no time to apply liao.. so tot once fin then no need buy le..

 
junie

normal to hv tailbone pain. one way is to adjust ur posture when u walk...



talk about walking, i better go and walk more if i want bb to be out 2 weeks down...

 
so sad, I only have one more week to go .. why must the stretchmarks appear now? I hope there wont be more. Looks like applying cream doesn't help, it all depends on your genes.

 
babycoco: Yeah!! It's good to be home. Rather wait at home than to stay in hospital.



Vivi: Oh.. yours is 21 July ah.. cos I thought u wrote 26 July.. so it's correct.. I am 1 day after you.. 22nd July. Hehe!!



Fazzy: Thanks. All the best to you too. Hehe!!



Phy: Ya lo.. rather be home. But well, at least BB is still happy inside.



AK: Ya lo.. excited and scared at the same time. I think I was frighten by the mummy yesterday in the labour ward. Her waterbag break and she is only 1cm dilated I think. She was moaning away so loudly that it scared me but she refused epidural. Then the nurse quickly transfer her to delivery suite.. think the nurse scared she frighten me with her moans which it did. Haha!!

 
munchies

dun be sad lah... i have so many more than u and i grow so big so quickly that my stretchmarks are on every fat part of my body!



i will take it as a permanent mark on my body to remind me that i'm a mommy and and proud of it!

 
hi jo_lyn,

is it true that Mt A doesnt allow we use our own pump?? Aiyo, how come like tat hor, I already got ready my pump and will pump in hosp when needed. When I delivered my #1 in KKH last year, they allowed me to use own pump.

 
munchies,

Dun be sad, only a few lines is fine de..



Ak,

My clarins oil also running low.. well, I won't replenish... my friend told me can use baby oil de.



Jelly and Mrs Long

Go walk walk and shop shop more

 
jellypurin & Phy -

I will try to take it positively. They are my badges of honour for gg thru preg n motherhood.

Now i really understand how much women has to go through for their children. They have to deal with pain, changes to their body and also changes in lifestyle too.

 
munchies

i no longer fight w my stretch marks leh... am happy that i can deliver a healthy and happy baby!



yes, motherhood is for a life time, so i also need to learn to let go esp when we hv issues on pregnancy... cos parenting is a lifetime commitment and it gets tougher everyday when you child grows but it is v rewarding [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Jelly,

Ya boy, motherhood is a lifetime commitment. The worries never cease.. each phase comes with own problems/joy etc...



munchies,

Though I have no stretchmarks on my tum tum.. I have alot ugly ones on my bum bum... but I told myself, well, these are the proof for housing 2 boys in my womb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
phy and vivi, thanks for your input. its quite hassle to purposely cover up during pumping... but a fren of mine says a big no no for the kids to see us in buff...hmm

 
Wow u all are really brave! I wish to carry my baby to 40 weeks too because I am only prepared for her arrival around her EDD.

Going to start my ML officially on Thurs.

Really hope she doesn’t pop so soon cos I want to have some time to rest.

I’m already 38 weeks now, bb not engaged, I’m not dilated.



My gynae going on leave till next week! I hope baby can wait till he is back before I pop…

My hubby going for reservist for the next 2 weeks too.

My gynae has written him a letter so he can request to be able to book out on a daily basis and also attend to me immediately if I were to deliver.

I really hope things can go smoothly.

 
Just saw my Gynae. She did VE on me and said I'm already 2-3cm dilated! Total shocker to me cos I was expecting her to say my cervix still close since I don't feel anything different except that bb is moving vigorously these few days.



Anyway she told me to standby and get ready as it can be anytime this week. Ohmygosh! Don't think I am prepared yet. Even Hubby also in shock.. He has been quite relax until today when he heard what doc says. Going to do last min shopping now.

 
jaclyn

wow! u r gd to go man! kekeke...



pillow

i think the concern is not about ur older ones watching u BF. it's what makes them jealouse when they see siblings latch. my fren told me not to sayang #1 when latching #2 or when latching #2, try not to reject #1... it's a diffcult task man...

 
munchies : You are right! They are your "badges of honour for gg thru preg n motherhood"!! My lower half of tum tum have sretch marks all over also. Actually I was really pleased with the upper part which is visible to me and didnt know I got stretch marks until I ask my gynae and she uses her hand to rub the entire part which I cant see from my view! Then I went home and used hand mirror to scrutinize and I felt like crying then!Think I cant wear all my bikini in future le. But now I have gotten over it le..coz as long as baby is safe and healthy..I'm thankful [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
ak

can still wear bikini... dun short change urself... when it fades it is not that bad [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
jellypurin, that i am also worried.... hopefully boys will take it better ...



my fren was sharing w me her church mates was advising against showing our bodies to them. it apparently wld have some impact psychologically. so she or her hb wldn't let their son see them at all in buff.

 
btw are there any mummies using the SKII miracle water?



Is it safe for preg and also when we are breastfeeding?



My skin has turn for the worse during preg and wanting to try this prod to see if it will help. But not sure if its ok to use when breastfeeding

 
AK,



Shucks, I cant tell if the lower part of my tummy has stretchmarks too. But oh well, I will live with it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
AK, me too!!! Like you, i can only see the top part of my belly and i thot i was so lucky not to have any stretch marks...



this was until, i took a closer look at my lower belly last week and to my horror, i saw many ugly purplish red stretch marks there....sigh

 
munchies

think better not use SKII products while still pregnant coz i used their mask and my face had bad reaction to it - started to peel, became very dry and took a long time heal

 
munchies :haha... sorrie to remind u abt the lower part of our tum tum which isnt visible to us! you know my tumtum stretch so much that my belly button skin is so thin and bruised! And my gynae told me the lower part skin is very dimpled when I lie down.. and told me I gota do lots of toning! You say hear already sad or not.. somemore from doc leh. And I C-section one.. how to tone leh .. no choice lor.. Juz dun think abt it.. and focus our positive thoughts on holding our bb in our arms...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
ica n munchies: I ve been using SKII facial products throughout my preg.. also no prob so far [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
pillow

oops, then die liao... my ger had been seeing me in the buff... but i don;t allow her to see my hubby in the buff though and vice versa for both my kids in future



munchies

do chk w gynae. i think can...

 
Pillow & ICA,

hmm, maybe i will ask for a sample first and see how my skin reacts before making the purchase.



AK,

yah, my stomach is also stretched till the belly button skin is so thin and soft.I think I will be extremely sad too if my gyn tells me that!!



Mummies,

Is it more difficult to get rid of tummy if we go thru C sect?

 
AK, munchies

maybe for me i'm over sensitive bah. since getting pregnant, my skin got very sensitive. can't seem to find the right moisturiser. i use those hydrating for combined skin - some parts not enuf hydration. i use those cream type, too oily for my t-zone but seems to "cure" the dry parts. sigh...i also bohchap oredi, as long as baby's doing fine. luckily no acne outbreaks

 
i having alot of discharge this few days and irregular cramps (contractions). Not sure i gg to deliver soon? this fri 37 weeks.

 
stretchmarks

during last week's checkup, gynae told me no stretchmarks. i was like "i also din ask" but was quite happy to hear that but not sure whether she added "yet" to the end of the statement. hahaha!



then over the weekend, i noticed 4 tiny red lines above my belly button and my mum said they are stretchmarks. i must have scratched them la...cheh! never mind la, not that my tummy is nice looking anyway - got pigmentation liao coz i used cocoa butter and had allergic reaction to it. gynae said the pigmentation will take time to fade. sigh...

and my mom added salt to my wound by saying that her tummy was smooth and fair when she had me...sigh

 
Ica: my Edd is 12july so I'm 37 weeks today. Baby is 2.7kg. Gynae sAys bb weight is good and he is already headdown. Now I just need to standby at home and wAit for regular contractions or water bag leak to admit. So far I don't have BH although I have some cramps sometimes. Actually I'm still not sure how BH is supposed to feel like keke. As for discharge I have. But I have always been having discarge so nothing unusual to me... Maybe slightly heavier.



How do your gynaes check for dilation? Mine just stick her fingers into me leh. Didn't look inside or what. I alwAys thought they need to like shine torchlight inside or something hahaa

 
ica

hiaz, our mommies are farnie pple, they like to make us feel bad... keke... my mom always said she got back into shape after she had my older brother and i and i am still so plump after i delivered my #1...

 
Jaclyn, i'm 37 weeks plus already but gynae didn't do VE for me. Same as what ur gynae said, mine also told me to standby can give birth anytime. I don't feel any BH too. Having lots of discharge lately.

 


Jaclyn

oohhh! so excited for you. hmmm...maybe when your baby comes out, can be 3kg - just nice for natural birth. rest more now ya - you'll need it more than ever after the delivery



VE >> my gynae used the probe that is used for vaginal scan to check for me

 

Back
Top