(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

ms bluey, i pity you leh. move house oredi still have to stay with MIL to see her face 'change colour'. how come MIL dun have her own house huh?

Cath, dun say ballonist increased price. my friend who just gave birth 1 month ago, told me she stayed at TMC and only took B Ward. she paid $1.5k more as compared to me giving birth last year!!! inflation is really very scary!

Peck/Zoie, how's your baby? poor mummy, hope bb have a speedy recovery.

Tersher, what the f***! $500 bucks is a lot!

Zoie, haiz.. There goes my hope of a typo error. U poor thing too...

Elise, yalor. Hubby tried to console by saying that it could hv been 5k.

peck,

virus fever? same like my elson.

he just recovered nia. i think its viral fever bah. for him, it took about 3.5days to break from fever.

& i read online about viral fever - normally take about 5-7days to recover.

zoie,

oh no, poor J! speedy recovery.

elise,

hahhaa, i have the invisible chain to inlaws.

she has her own house which im staying in now. but hubby wants to bring them along, keep urging them to move when we move in. -.-"

too filial in this case. =ppp

i told hubby if we have a 5 room flat, i gonna bring my parents too.

tywong,

i love your 'pledge'! LOL.

i also haven't order my cake, gonna order from yiling confectionary which is near my house. too lazy to travel anyway.

my bb's celebration will be a ultra simple one on this sun, @ home with inlaws & my parents.

Missblu, ya I think is virus fever ba, she still having fever now, sianz..

Your hb dont like to have er ren si jie meh? With other family member in hor.. So sianz

Jojo- breastfeeding is good but I'm stressed by mil who kept asking me when to wean him? He is not taking FM, so if I wean him now, I dunno what else can I feed him.

Party, I think mummies here busy with party prep starting this week... I m done with the parties pack for the older kids, hv not bought the stuff for the babies pack. I decided not to look for topper Liao, even party deco also. Fed up with my man, he is the one who asked me to book the function room, but when I wanna buy those theme deco stuff, n game stuff for the kids, and he said y so man fan. Ok lah, expect to hv table, stools n food n cake only. Then I might as well do it in

the hotel.

Missbluey - yr man is lucky to hv u as his wife, not many wives will agree to stay with pils, ESP when they hv their own flat. After confinement, I conclude that I cannot tahan to see, hear,talk to mil on daily basis. She will drive me up the wall cos she has no eq one.

wah.. all busy with parties! i am done with the venue, caterer, cake and toys rental.. decor i yet to settle the bday banner.. balloon wise.. i just get those cheapo ones! haha! i also preparing little gifts for my friend's babies.. keke

enjoy planning ya!

All Expert Cooking mummies

Thanks for your advice. Now I thinking mayb cos I didn't add water. Anyway, I'll explore d texture of the meat further. I wonder how come can't cook a simple chicken dish!!

XX

for pork, i only bought those soup bone to cook soup. or the yao1 rou4 for baby to eat.

party

having a small one with family members, closer relatives and close friends at home. settled the cake liaoz. left food caterer and banner.

our mass party gathering

am thinking we should have a big gathering for our toddlers in july. but can't think of where to hold it. where is convenient, cheap, big and safe for our children? hmmmm....

yaozi,

you are not the only one! i can't cook also. =X

peck,

guess he just loves having his parents around???? i seriously dunno leh.

bebe,

he never ask my permission leh, he only tell his parents to move in. sigh. im only a tenant lor, he is the landlord. hahahaha.

ty, i heart ur pledge!

yaozi, mi can't cook too... i oni know very basics like cook rice n porridge.. steam egg still ok. my hubby always says next time my bb got nothing to eat except these few things. even my mum n sis are pushing me to learn cooking. my home econs skills all throw back to teacher le..

wed lunch@tg pagar

is there any tml?

joelle, u went for which trial? Kindermusik or my gym? I went to the kindermusik trial the week before aldy. But hubby said wanna try others first before deciding which to enroll loh..

zinc, i oso lazy to bring my boy for other trial.. lol.. tats y i ask u see if u go before or not lo.. keke..

Blueberi/Rabbit, lunch ok tomolo.

I damn shag now, run half of Singapore to settle the party!

Yaozi, I used to buy Yao rou also and then when the seller see my regular face, she taught me to buy jia Yao rou (fake Yao rou) which is equally tender and great for stir fries or char siew or bb porridge and the price is cheaper by abt 30%. if u use pork bone for soup, add some pork loin and the sweetness improves. Buy recipe books will help. Add water in stir fry is not a good idea because it will dilute the taste. You just use high heat when you stir fry.

Re: Parties

Everyone really vr bz wif partie. Caterer-MeiHao99, deco- thomas & friends , toys- got tons of it including #1 slide cake-pine garden n cupcakes from online shop. Gonna get those air filled balloons for e babies n kids plus goodie bags. Wanted helium balloon floating bt hb say it seems lyk money floating in e air n aft few hours money will drop from e sky 1 by 1.

Really vr broke from juz birthday party. Now gonna look for Thomas train shirt n pants. Anyone need Thomas train figurine can borrow from mi except on Jun 12

Re: Winnie e Pooh topper

Actually other den tis few online shop, I saw it at Metro b4. Plus now Metro having sales. So maybe u can go n check it out.

Re: Cooking

I can cook bt nt everytime oso nt sure e food is edible n cooked a nt so muz keep tasting n poking so imagine a piece of meat wif full of holes.

Wah... so many posts again!!!

Ty

Aiyo, you ask me about cake topper? I don't use them de leh. I'm lazy, when I order the cake then that's it already. To me the cake taste yummy ok liao. Jeph also don't mind de. As long as he gets to eat it, he very happy liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Summon Appeal

I did it online. Was told that I will be sent an email shortly to acknowledged my appeal. Didn't receive it leh!!!! Then I think it may have gone to my spam and I usually clear it without looking de! Aiyo... now I headache. Dunno whether I should call them or not. I really don't wanna pay that $120!!!! My stupid hb thinks I should just pay, learnt my lesson and get over with it!!!!

Baby

My baby can finally crawl a little bit le!!!! Yayyyy!!!!! He MUST be the slowest here. But hor, he still cannot sit up from the tummy position. Will scream and scream. And even with the crawling, he will scream and scream and make that black face for what he wants. He will only attempt to crawl a bit using his belly to reach out for what he wants. Aiyo... almost 1yo liao still behaving like a baby. Don't tell me God answered my prayers of not letting my baby grow up too fast in this way?!?!?!?!

Ty

Aiyooooooo. I was super bz trying to get the party stuff. Just confirm the cake today. Luckily this party is gonna b a small one, else I die big time. My fave caterer just called and told me all slots taken for 4th June. Sianz. Got to try orange clove later.

Jenn

For all u know - sekali Jake suddenly stood up and walk. No crawling at all.

My goodie bag only has 2 categories- below 1.5 yo n below 5 yo. Above that every family gets a welcome gift that's all. Simple ones. Don't fret abt goodie bag. Guests usually mind little abt them.

Cath, i think i can drop by w my kids to ur party on sat, fb me the details k.

Re: winnie the cake toppers

Just saw u all looking, hope its not too late, i actually have 6 toppers ( 2 pooh bears) and the rest other characters. If anyone needs , i can lend to them since K's birthday is over. Pm me or msg me if u all keen, i will be at Thomson Plaza the whole day tmr 8.30-5 pm but i am leaving hse b4 9 pm tonight so if cant meet tmr, perhaps collect on thurs night?i only brought the toppers e night b4 to pine garden.. its fine.They will do the cake only in e morn.

Re: goodie bag

Jenn, i put in crafts ( OTC)/ wooden puzzles for the kids to do and just 1-2 foodstuffs. For my ger's birthday in sch, i bought colouring bks for the kids and small whiteboard and 1 pkt of Hello Panda. I am trying to give more useful stuff rather tidbits since some parents may not like it. BUt it really depends on the age grp.. i never give anything to the babies.

Party preparation

oh dear, I'm being lazy again. So many things haven't settle. I better double double up.

Ty, wad's the fake yaorou called in English?

Cath

Thanks for thinking so highly of my Jake. I seriously doubt he can just stand up and walk! Hahaha.....

This goodie bag thing is giving my headache cos I know the kids look forward to that!!!!

May I know what is your Welcome Gift??? Haha... may "steal" your idea [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Genice

I have settled the school goodie back already. I agree with you about giving too much tidbits. In fact I am 1 of those parents that dislike those packs of candy! School ones are easily cos all the same age. This year I am giving those pencil cases that has many "doors" with an sharper installed as well + a pack of matching stationary set. I need ideas for my mini-parties. I have 6-7 kids but with ages from 9 months to 12 yo!!!!

I see you all discuss abt goody bags distribution in school, I stress leh!!

Xx I guess you want to buy from supermarket the meat, is that y u ask me the English name??!! The real yao rou is called pork fillet, the fake one I dunno what it is called. I can ask market seller when I go next week ok?

I googled and I think, looking at the piece I bought today, it's either the leg part that is linked to the tenderloin (fillet) or it's the Eye of Loin.

http://bbrbook.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/pork.jpg

Shit. You guys reminded me I have not prepared my goody bags and I hv not bought a single item that will go in it!!

Jenn I aso think Jake may be a walker. He's cute the way he is, u shd hope he behaves like baby longer haha!

Genice, thanks for offering your poohsss! Today tersher and I went to buy it from a bp seller, and I rushed down to pine garden to instruct on the design. Phew! Tired! I met peck there also.

zinc/zoie

not sure abt u.. but work has been crazy despite the prof week! a lot of exam issues came up this time.. and the sch is trying to do loads of damage control! aiyoh! just finished doing my review w RO also.. phew!

ty/cath

sry eh! i wasn't able to cfm my attendance for sx's and gale's party.. ty, saw ur msg to me on fb.. some of my sch kids are on my fb, so abit sensitive to broadcast i wanna take cc k?.. haha! i'm still trying to see if i can do anything abt it lei.. no one willing to swop w me, and i've limited people to ask as well, cos the camp coming to an end this sat, so not many people down for it le.. so if really want, gotta take last min cc! moreover, hb took leave this thurs alr, so abit wasted if both of us are on leave that day lo.. u count me out first la k.. jojo will be the surprise guest! (if he's gg) cath, i dun care abt the lesson le.. i wanna go to G's party! the lesson can wait! whAhaz!

pedipeds

sry mummies! as i was real bz for past few days, i din manage to get to my fren staying at us.. she said it's ok to use her us address but as she's travelling ard for abit, i'm afraid the parcel might miss her cos unsure abt the delivery timeline of pedipeds.. an alternative that was suggested is to explore another webbie http://www.tinysoles.com/index.php .. this has both the popular brands at local mothercare shops, see kai run and pediped.. wad say u mummies? still keen? or any mummies have US lobang?

tywong, ya i wanna buy from ntuc. now i know y pinic ham is called pinic ham. hahaha... the pic is so interesting.

mummies, any idea if i need to rent stools from the caterer if i'm holding the party at chalet? so exciting!!

Hi gernice.. Thanks of offering.. I have no prob if just loan from u or from Ty.. I actually never tot of cake toppers cos I'm just going to do garden theme for the party... Just tt I realized the cake will b super plain. So wif cake toppers will b abit more cuter n fun.. Closest to match a garden theme will b pooh & friends la...

D's party is not anywhere soon so I'm not in a rush.. I can get it from u anytime lah... Her is on 2nd July. Anyway, if u r gng to Sx party, u can bring along I can meet u there .. (provided no one need to use it.. )

Irene, I went for the kindermusik one. I wanted to try my gym trial but I think it's purely exercise n not more of learning of words n body language...

bluey

yah. cooking simple stuff also headache. abit forced to learn cos if i dun knw, how the maid knw rite? mayb shd jus sent her to cooking classes. your maid is taught by your mil? or she already knw how to cook?

ty

thanks for your tips leh!! you so expert. I jus blindly follow and you've all the reasons n explanations on how to use the ingredients. the pork picture very interesting.

xx

i also bought fm NTUC. I jus told the person I wan Yaorou and she took for me. Mayb next time I'll try ask for Jia Yourou, see which one she takes.

peck

fidgets good? but after 1yo, all not free liaoz. mayb i email them to ask? wat to ask ah? "book the whole place how much?"

hope

oh, no more pediped? no worries. I only know i want to get comfy shoes for bb n find cheaper lobangs. if tinysoles is cheaper, i dun mind joining. but i'll hv to check out the website first. thanks in advance.

Cath

wat's your welcome gift for each family?

Party

Today settled the banners and food caterer. Left door gifts... I wonder what to get for adults. My guests all adults, no kids. haha! Or mayb jus do away with the door gift since all adults? hmmm....

How come no see any mashimaro theme party stuff? lol

Hope, mine is packed w supp classes!!

Petit bowl

Can I check w mummies here is the food in puree or gt texture type cos I wan to buy and bring some for our staycation

Yaozi, actually u r better than me. i knew nuts about cooking i only know how to cook maggi mee, rice and fried rice or else fried noodles with luncheaon meat, that's all! Mashimaro theme stuff difficult to find nowadays leh...

ty, no prob.. wow so many pp order from pine garden.

Joelle, we can arrange again. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jenn.. ur age gap super big leh..haha.. maybe dun nd goodie bags but have a craft corner, put bubbles, a few puzzles, some tidbits, balloons and stuff.. and let them "self service" :p

Re: giant stamps

I noe this is a bit auntie but does anyone have giant stamps to give away or to sell away? I can pay for the postage as well. Can pass to me if u r not collecting. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

elise,

i think we are about on the same par regarding cooking! lol.

goodie bag:

i dislike goodie bags come with sweets & tidbits. like redundant leh.

Yaozi, I'm also not doing goodie bag n door gifts. Just intend to have ppl come, eat dinner, chit chat, take photos, sing song cut cake n that's abt it. Not expecting many children too. Sounds boring hor?

Xx, for BBQ food, try "Friends" at Jelita shopping centre. If you have enough family to help out, maybe DIY is the best? Bring your playmat and people can sit on it comfortably, no need for stools??

Yaozi, no prob, I also learnt the hard way and by my mum's endless nagging. I'm not as good as my parents - for e.g. I know how to steam fish but I don't know how to clean the guts out hahahhaha! So have to flirt with the fishmonger at the market everytime to get him to do it for me.

blueberi/Rabbit - don't scold ok...but I came to work today and my colleague reminded me we got a lunch meeting with Swissotel Hotel... I totally forgot leh.

Hope, no prob la, HOPE to see jojo there anyway.

xiao xiin,

im also not doing any goodie bag & door gifts. children - only my 2 boys! lol.

plus my maid off day that day, haha.

yaozi,

my maid already know how to cook. mil taught her singaporean method, or rather her method. but my maid often "failed" to "capture" her methods & ended up kena scold lor. sometimes maid cook nice, sometimes not very nice.

Hi mummies,

RE: shoes

see kai run is having 20% sales if buy 2 pairs in mothercare.

Back