(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

Tiger Baby

I did everything you mentioned. But I was told by his teachers that Jeph sometimes hit at random!!! Sure there are times where children fight and all. But it really doesn't help that my Jeph is the biggest boy in class. Thus when other kids push him, no effect. But when he pushes, the kid will fall down!

When we returned from our vacation, I bumped into a Mom of a kid from Jeph's class. She said her child has no problems with Jeph cos her Frederik is her 3rd boy and has 2 older brothers who beat him up all the time. Thus Frederik knows how to run away and hide! She was too kind to comment that maybe Jeph is too smart and thus bored so maybe he hits for fun!!! She is Danish thus her English is very direct with no sarcasm whatsoever in her statement.

So yah, my Jeph's reputation is that bad!!!! So you tell me how not to be gek-sim???

yaozi

yaya.. his fav brand is haagen dazs.. haha.. cos that's my mum's fav brand too!.. =P

jenn

looking at jojo, i think he's gonna be like jeph.. i met parents yesterday who are also at a loss as to what to do w their kids who show aggressive behaviour.. we told them that if this is not curbed nw, when they go sec sch they will be more rebellious and it's gonna get worse! as i spoke to them.. i just thot.. fwahz.. next time i better tell this to myself. cos jojo is biting and hitting ppl ard him nw.. for jeph, will stories help? i know there's a book "hands are not for hitting" that was recommended by my lecturer.. put him in those situations and ask him for his responses.. guide him over there.. "how would you feel if pple do that do you?"..

zoie

hb been asking for a #2.. not sure if it's gonna happen.. but if it is.. i wan a dragon girl!!! haha.. i also think when they hit 2 or 3, things are gonna get better! gambate!

Hope

I have done it all. I read him books (and I have that book you mentioned too), patiently repeat to him why we cannot hit, incorporate his fav characters into scenarios, get him to repeat what I say but at the spur of the moment, he will forget and hit/ push. Lately, instead of pushing, he has been pulling - friends' shirts, girls' hair. And you know what he said??? Cannot push but can pull!!!! So now I have to incorporate "pulling" in our scenarios.

I have spoken to the teachers and principal. They can only advised that we work together to repeat and repeat and repeat.

No offense to teachers. But I realized that what they learnt in their education about handling children is very theory-based. Unfortunately, 1 size doesn't quite fit all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Bluey

I think so that Jeph wants attention. But I gave him LOTS of attention already!!! So much so that my didi is a bit neglected.

WTB: Fisher price Bouncer & Bumbo Seat with tray

For Bouncer: Vibrating and music must be working condition.

Prefer to collect at tampines or sengkang.

Pls PM me the price, the pics, used for how long.

Jenn, my hubby is also thinking of stopping at one! haha.. i think he buay tahan already.. his threshold for tantrums is very low so he thinks that his threshold for tantrums is only sufficient for my boy and I... wahahaha..

I think pregnancy and delivery is much easier than rearing and teaching a child the way he/she should go.

Jenn, my hubby complains no time for him not because of baby but because of work... nowadays he exercises for one hour every night.. when I asked him why dont he rest and nua.. he said,"never mind la... my wife is also not free.." -.-" he has been very understanding so far of my situation... sigh....

Zoie, if you really plan to have #2, maybe u really need to hire a maid.

haha for me, i had a very weird dream the other day when i dream of a boy who's wearing army clothes, who called me mama. i woke up immediately with cold sweat, i told hubby and he loled at me! and said #2, okay, wait a few mre years lor.

Gosh jojo, is BBR okay liao?

Jenn, i guess maybe Jeph wants attention? does he feels that with didi, he felt left out? does he shares toys with didi?

Hope, when u closing the Pedipeds spree? i am tempted to get some shoes

Staccato trial

I have confirmed the slots with in charge as she said will give us 50% discount off the reg fees.. Oops I din realize there's one at $50.. Of cos, this is only payable if u continue aft trial =)

Elise

Hoping soon once I get reply frm pediped

jenn,

perhaps, jeph is indirectly jealous of jake. he might just want ALL your 101% attention? or maybe he is so used to you showering attention on him before you have jake??

Elise/ Bluey

Again I am embarrassed to admit. Jeph has been hitting since 2yo. Of cos back then it was gently pushing when another child wants to snatch his toys or those being more developed in speech said nasty things like "I don't want you", "i don't want to be your friend" etc. It intensifies cos he is getting bigger and stronger. Whilst I agrees that he also in a way wants my full attention, he has to learn to "accept" the presence of Didi right???

Was talking to his teacher just now cos he hits again this morning. His teacher keeps telling me we have to be patient. Guess other than that, there is no much we can do. We are like broken record - have to keep repeating and repeating.

I also don't know why he is like that. He is a very affectionate and sweet boy. He likes to hug people very tightly. Cos he is so big in size, his friends will sometimes push him away cos they are scared. He doesn't take "rejection" well and will hit them! The only good thing is he is very quick to apologize.

jenn

yep, jeph is a sweet boy! my hb likes him too. and he's kind to share his dolphin with my gal. i guess all these hitting and pushing are not uncommon in a growing up child. think abt it, it's also a way that they learn. just keep explaining to him and one day he will understand. but maybe ask him to keep away from those whose mummies are more protective? i've seen some mummies who are so protective in my growing up gifted class that when other babies come near only they start to shield their babies liao...

Yaozi, if u r referring to plain flour, that is to dry up the wetness in meat or seafood for deep frying to get a crispy finish. Corn flour is a tenderizing agent, different from plain flour.

Jenn tell you a joke to liven your worries. Just now my friend visited and said sx is a very big child for his age. I said hmmmm and my hubby said "no la he ok lah, vanessa got a friend, the baby name is DIDI and he is even bigger and bustier!!!!" .............

jenn

no offense la.. i also know alot is theory.. but at least sometimes got theories to fall back on =) jeph is really cute la.. hope he grows outta it soon.. and loves didi more and more!

ty

you've once again showed me that you actually COOK!!! hehe

jojo/amy

how??? haha.. i can relinquish my seat and get my helper to sit in le.. i stay outside w rest of helpers.. hahAz!

Ty

LOL!!!! I hope your hb doesn't really think my Didi's name is Didi!!!! That really cheer me up a bit [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hope

True lah. It's just that I have read so many books and talked to so many educators already... I really gek-sim. And my fear is Didi will see him behaving like this and copy.

Tiger Baby

Thanks. My hb said Jeph is a Man's boy i.e. can play rough, talk rubbish, not whiny-whiny/ cry easily sort thus most male adult or older boys will like to play with him. I also hope he can outgrow this phase soon.

Jenn, once I told him that your kids passport names are really cool, I said it's just one English name and surname. So convenient. Then he said "Chinese name is didi is it?" !!! He said he heard us calling him didi didi when you guys were at my place for playdate. He likes your jeph alot alot alot.

Hope, I told u le ma, my dad is zhi char chef. Haha!

tersher, i thought once tooth once start to cut thru, it will just grow quickly. din know it will still take its own sweet time to grow...

ty, the playpen was passed down and around for a few babies liao. we dont need it for now, so pass it to other babies that need it loh.

Jenn- I can understand how u feel totally. I'm goin thru exactly e same situation as u. Almost everyday his teachers r complainign to mi bout Jaynen misbehaving. Beating n scolding other kids, dun wan to share, showing attitude to teacher etc. I too tried diff ways bt den fail too. Sometimes I'm really at my wit ends tat I will juz scream n scream at him. Lyk today he gt fed uo wif mi asking him to bathe n he headbutt my lips till it really bleed n swell. I noe he wants my attention bt den I can't possibly give him all since theres e presence of Jayven n tat e small 1 oso start to show jealousy. Mi too oni way is to talk n talk n talk to him ju lyk u say, A BROKEN RECORDER. Hang in there. Ur Jephie big size lyk tat, my Jaynen small size oso same problem. Its nt e size tat matter man.

Been a long time I catch up here.. See so many discussion on spree n shopping... Really tempted lor!!

Ty, sorry late reply.. I think I give up my place for the swimmer trial.. I having D's birthday party on tt day.. Can't make it.. Very sad.. cos I think will b great fun!!

Hope, can I join ur playdate on 7th June? Really want to catch up wif all the mummies again.. I'm willing to chp in for the luncheon u ordering.. Just let me know...

Zoie, I saw ur msg in FB.. Sorry I din watapp u cos my iPhone down for few days.. Can't Resuscitate it so I had to go for a 1 for 1 exchange.. All my contacts lost.. Sian!

Anyway.. I want to join the trial class.. Can u give me the lady number? SMS me at 90926895. My grand- FIL is just staying next to Elias Mall so it's great we can visit him every wkend but 9 am is really early for D... Sometimes she wakes at 830!... Well actually is too early for me n hb lar.. Hahaaahh..

Hope, can u dun mind to wait for me? can i PM you my list to order tonight???

Jenn, hang in there. my ex-colleague told me the exact same thing for her #1. she decided to punish her by putting her a her special corner in the house, called 'Naughty corner'. nobody is to talk, speak, play with her, no matter what the child do that. her child is 2 yrs old this year, so she called this the terrible 2 stage.

friday, once again is a busy day for me. -_-"

jenn/jolene,

hang in there & JIAYOU!

sometimes (or most of the times), i lose my cool @ elson. i know it won't reflect well on his mindset about me - his mummy. but i just can't help it.

elson loves to oppose my words & @ times, challenge my authority.

tywong,

the joke really made me lolololololol!

Hi, sorry to interupt,

I've some party items from my girl's birthday celebration to let go. Barnyard theme. Items include balloon bouquet (needs re-inflation) party bags, banners and wall decorations. Letting go cheap. PM me if interested. Thanks!

hope

wah. higher class ice-cream! haha!! I've PM u my orders. I realised I printed d "Sizing Chart" to A4 and the measurement wrong. Jus ah gar now.

tywong

Wah. u're expert chef!! My flour now in a gong4. Dun knw it's plain or corn. Mayb it's plain cos the chicken not tender one. Means I use cornflour marinate d plain chicken only? or can add soy sauce and sesame oil together? Means I just use corn flour massage the chicken, then stir fry? Aiz... Trying very hard to improve cooking skills else kept eating tough meat at home.

elise, i tink bbR shld b ok.. playing, eating as usual.. but last nite he vomit a little bit, but just a mouthful and probably because his fingers were in his mouth.. will monitor today again..

hope, LOL! cannot la, must perservere! haha..

jenn, was jeph like that before didi came along? i tink its very hard to have the elder kid sayang the younger sibling de.. and i tink its already very nan de that jeph sayang didi alot.. the photos of them tgt very heartwarming..

zinc, i just ordered oshkosh a few days back.. most of the prices already slashed and plus the SUNSHINE code from ty, another 25% off.. not sure if its the same thing..

old navy/gap having discount for memorial day or smething, until next monday..

Jenn & jol

Kids fight

I guess it's because kids felt frustrated when things happened and they don know how to react.

Always try to share as example, listen and explain. Nvr easy. Even if today all seems good, tomorrow he might be back with old habits. Not easy to cultivate love n share at this time.

Jay is equally bad. He'll tell me how xx child beats him cos he refused to share. And he will retaliate. I will offer some solutions but ask him wat would he do if he is the classmate. He will say if he ask nicely and wait, he'll share. But he'll remember to tell teachers that someone beats him. Of course he beats other kids too. I'll ask how would the other person do? He will say she cry , blah blah. So classmate is sad with him and will not want to play with him. He will in some denial sometimes. But we just kept trying.

Yaozi

How u wanna cook chicken? Normally when i deep/pan fried den i'll use flour/bread crumbs

Normal seasonings are: Dark soya sauce, pepper, salt (pinch), seasame oil (opt), oyster sauce (opt), black pepper (pepperish taste, opt)

Mummies,

Wanna ask if anyone will be interested to go for trial classes at Genius Learning Hub? Their trial is for 2 lessons and cost $120. Each class is for 6 babies and they can consider giving group discounts and to schedule the timing according to our preference.

Their normal class is $600 for 12 lessons (once a week) with a registration fee of $50.

Sheryl

i wanna stir fry chicken in small pieces type. I put flour, sesame oil, dark soya sauce, little light soya sauce to marinate before putting into a non-stick pan to fry wif no oil. but dun knw y the meat turn out a little bit rubbery instead of soft and tender. I think it applies for pork as well? u can help me?

Tersher

u referring to the one at toa payoh? you can try asking for trial at $50/session if it is cos jojo had that rate that time..

elise

let me know tonight then =)

Yaozi, yes you can add your usual seasoning + corn flour & leave in the fridge at least 2 hrs. Same for pork or chicken.

For beef, usually not much seasoning is required and if you buy rump or tenderloin, it's already tender.

If you season your meat overnight, it's of cos the best, but in reality there is usually no time to prepare way ahead. Google on cooking tips, it helped me alot [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] It was a joke that my dad is zhi char chef, but my parents are Hainanese so their cooking is very good.

Hope

maybe u can talk to or observe yr helper and see how she manage to handle jojo? If i rem correctly, yr hb also can handle jojo, at least u hv an option shd both u and yr hb r busy, yr helper can stand in since yr mother raise the white flag [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tersher

What does Genius learning hub do? How come the trial is 2 lessons?

Yaozi

Normally stir fry I will add garlic bits 1st fry until golden brown/until fragrant.. Den add in chicken cook for a few mins den other 配菜, add abit of water (1/2 - 1/4) cover n let it 焖 occassionally stiring it (5mins?!) taste n serve. U wan thicker stock add a little corn starch water (1/4 tsp mix w water)

Pork

I will pound the meat before mairinate. Pork I usually deep fried!! Make pork chop. Or cook western style.

Yaozi

Why fry with no oil? If you are health conscious then fry using Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Like Sheryl, I will fry with Garlic 1st then my meat. Never had the problem that my chicken is tough leh. In fact chicken is the easiest to cook as compared to pork and beef.

Yaozi

YUP! Use Olive OIL or Canola Oil

If u wan tender chicken, cook stew! With Onions, potato, carrots, chicken chunks, pepper seeds.

Spicy: Dry Chilli Chicken/Gong Bao diced chicken

Wow Sheryl, all this food is making me hungry. feel like eating supper leh...

by the way, thanks so much for the tw foodie link! are you ordering also?

lol at Hope! you so funny. btw hor, u dun need to wait for me liao, for the Pedipeds. u go ahead and order w/o me, thanks!

Sheryl, $3.50 not ex leh, the instant mee so nice. i just had Ah Q Pork Ribs noodles just now, so yummy

bebe, your 'red red wine' eeeeee

Cooking

Any tips on cooking pork? Wad r the pork dishes we can cook at home n which pork parts to use?

Baby eating

I've concluded that zhezhe hates the spoon. He takes food from my hand but not the same food from the spoon. He eats willingly when I use a new spoon that he's not seen before. Probably I'll need to collect all sorts n shapes n colours of spoons and also think of wad more finger food i can make for him.

Back