29) Vanessa Wong with bb & hubby or maid

30) Joelle with bb & hubby

31) Heng Shi Ling with #1, #2 & hubby

32) Kerry Leow with bb & hubby

33) Neo pei pei with #1, #2 & hubby

34) Cynthia Lee with #1, #2 & maid

35) Cheralyn Chew with bb & hubby

Hi mummies,

Wanna ask how to make avocado puree? Thanks in advance...

Previously, i read that a mummy is looking for a car mirror to see bb while driving. I saw one at Daiso..

yalo cherish and bebe.. my mil has done it many times liao.. i also tink she insecure, wan bb to prefer her to me.. bebe, mayb u snatch bb back and say "ma i wan to pat him to slp".. hate it when they start "competing" for bb lei.. when im carrying my bb and wan to pass to my mil, i'll tell my bb nei nei cary and slant him towards her.. then he'll reach over and let her carry. when she carryin him, she say mama carry macham just to test if he'll come to me when she's the one carrying him.. then scared he realli wan me so she doesnt slant him towards me. =.=

I oso wan to make avocado puree bt den scared my boy dun lyk.

BeBe75- U noe everytime DILs give face scared ltr disputes den MILs will take for granted wan. NT ask u everytime la bt show them ur power for once n they wun dare try to b funny anymore. I used to b those timid DIL bt now ask them go fly kite if they make mi pissed off. I remember saying this sentence to them 'I'm his mother n watever decision is to b make, its all done by mi or hubby. Who try to b smart alec or try to b funny, i wun let them go near my kids regardless who r they. If u scared, kaykay say it to ur son in front of her.

I am one of those 忍气吞声 type..afterall MIL is still not that bad...really helps me alot. It is only that she likes to say nonsense thing, not sensitive enough. And to deal with her, one must be thick skin to suan her...but I am not that type that can 指桑骂淮。

Actually whenever PIL pretend to pass the bb to me to see if bb will lean to me, I very very scared. I think I will cry *heartbreak* if bb choose to stick to others instead of me..usu I will tag behind PILs and see if bb cries or not..if cried until jialak jialak..i will take over.

Today I am trying to let the bb naps by himself in the cot, instead of rocker or on my bed. Need to let him get used to his own cot. So far so good *pray*..he is Zzzzzzing since 12pm..coming to 2hrs liao..

Rabbit - I took Vit B complex when bb was around 3 mth old. In the end, my BM turned a bit yellowish, like banana milkshake. I read it is okay but still scared that it might be too heavy for bb's liver, so I dropped it and stick only to calcium and DHA supplement.

Cheriegg

Avocado puree very easy..just cut into half and scrap the flesh out and smash it. If it is very ripen, the flesh will turn smashy very fast and easy. Avocado is quite plain and a bit jelak, I mix it with some BM..stir it like smoothie/milkshake and spoonfeed my bb..he seems to enjoy it better like that.

Elise,

should be include the 508 bah. I mentioned that it is the branch number because sometimes when pple transfer from other banks over the internet, they are asked for that information.

bebe, jojo and cherish,

yah lor, my pils are both like that. Purposely block my bb from seeing me, when I want to carry purposely turn and walk away from me. Very irritating. I spoke to my hubby abt it, and when they tried again on Sat, I just looked at my hubby and he told his mother to pass the bb to me, so she kwai kwai pass to me.

Gave my boy an apple to lick just now. He's very happy to. Will start him on semi-solids next week.

I just saw my PD, and he said to start on white rice cereal because easiest to digest. He said the the fibre of the brown rice cereal more difficult to digest.

I just remembered, my FIL wants to give my boy boiled egg yolk. What do you all think? Is it ok to give that yet? I forgot to ask the PD just now. Next time anyone goes to PD, can help me ask? Thanks in advance.

Bluey, sad that you cannot make it.

bebe75, hmm i yesterday went to buy gnc prenatal vit. then this morning start taking it. it says safe for lactating women leh. should i continue or throw away the bm. wasted leh.. buy liao cannot eat..

rabbit - prenatal one shd be quite safe bah..cos last time my gynae told me I can continue to take prenatal vit even after delivery. The Vit B complex is those OTC type so I dare not take the risk.

Vitakids

Just got back from the Branch at United Square. The lady says can give 5% discount if buy more than 12 pack of the same item.

So here is what I found (price b4 discount):

Organix Cereal - Flavored (from 4 months) - $8

Organix Cereal - Rice (from 4 months) - $8.10

Organix Puffs (from when baby can sit upright and chew_ - $7.30

Oragnix Baby Biscuits (not Rusk) (from 7 months) - $5.60

Happy Melts Puff - $7.90

So here is what I suggest:

1. We order the food for 50 pax (min order) = $5.50*50+$18(Transport) = $293

2. We order the Organix Baby Biscuits ($5.60*35-5%) = $186.20

3. We collect $15 per Mommy ($15*35=$525)

4. Balance of $45.80 to be used to buy Ferrero Rochers so that older kids can help themselves to it.

Once money is collected, no refund will be given to Mommies who decided not to turn up.

If all agreeable, I can coordinate the above. Else, am more than happy for someone else to takeover.

Jenn... e lady did not reply.. think can ignore her..Just get the organix baby biscuits then.

i have 1 qn... any reason we are collecting $15 per mummy instead of per adult attending. Since e food is catered for adults, i feel that we shld collect per adult instead to be fairer to all mummies who are coming alone. Yes, i understand a little bit of the $ will overspill to the goodies/door gifts but its minimal.

Based on the total # of pp attending, taking out bluey and adding u and ur hubby. Total = 35 mummies + 18 A= 53 adults

we just need to collect 53 x $10= $530

Order 55 pax= $5.5 x 55 +18 = $320.5

biscuit= $186.20

Extra for stickers,sweets, chocs= $23.30

Is this ok?

$10 per adult instead of $15 per mummy.

bebe75, hmm okok.. maybe i will mix with the morning BM, so that no so strong.. hopefully nothing happen to my little one. i will just take a pill instead of 2 daily..

Genice

The reason is regardless of the no of adults, we still have to order 50 pax of food, and every baby takes home a pack of baby biscuits. It's just easier for $ collection. Don't have to check how many adults per family etc. Every family just pay a flat $15.

Looking at the list above, unless the status has since changed, about half are coming alone and half with family so in terms of fairness, it could really swing both ways.

I don't intend to order more than 50 pax. If there are not enough food, we'll just make do. After all, the food is not the highlight of the gathering.

Alternatively, you can collect the $ on behalf [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dot, if i'm not wrong, cannot eat boiled egg yolk yet. must wait till bb reaches 9, 10mth or even 1 yr old later then can try coz most bb may get allergy. even if try egg yolk at later stage, must also give bit by bit to observe. also, our bb must try egg and see if they allergy before they hit 15mth coz MMR jab contain something that is related to egg loh. hope some mummies can correct me if i'm wrong. thx!!

genice, how to prepare avocado? can i just scrap some fresh, mash and give to bb to try? need to steam or not? paiseh. ;p

cherish.. dun need to steam avocado, just wait for it to ripen (skin turn dark colour) and cut it and scrap the flesh and mash like what bebe has said. U should add EBM before u feed to make it smoother. Esp when its baby's 1st time taking puree.. it has to be really smooth and slight watery so they can swallow. I blended cause i have a blender, it was faster and more convenient else u can just mash if u dun have one.Hope this helps.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] If u just want to try out, dun need to prepare a lot, usually first time round abt 2-3 teaspoons will be enuff.

Jenn.. u r collecting the $$? Not dot?

Sure! i can help to collect the $$ too.No prob. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lets hear more from other mummies then we decide by tmr bah.... since it concerns them too.

Have a great day everyone.. gonna rest now.. bad headache...

genice/jenn

hmmm by putting both your ideas together I got this and end up having a little more for the toddlers and a little fairer to everyone.

$6 per person/bb so based on the previous calc of 53 person and 35 bb we would have (6*35)+ (6*53)=528 giving a surplus of $48.80 to get chocs for toddlers... does this help? so if 2 adults and 1 bb =$18 and 1 adult 1 mummy =$12

Rabbit

My hubby might have a golf event the morning of the Xmas Party so only my maid will come with my toddler. If he does turns up, he'll not eat but help to take care of my #1 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Genice/ Jus'us

I thought since I am coordinating with the caterer and there's a Vitakids in United Sq, I'll also help to collect the $ cos no point Dot collecting then just pass the $ to me.

In this case, I'll just stick with coordinating with the caterer.

I think the Vitakids deal of 5% applies to anyone who buys more than 12 of the same item. So any Mommies can contact them to purchase. Perhaps someone from the Goodie Bag team can do that.

As for the cost, I'm ok with anything. The difference is not much anyway [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies,

have not logged in for almost a wk. too many post to catch up, so decided not to read up the previous archives.

Xmas gathering:

sorry, due to my tight working schedules im unable to help much in coordinating the gathering.

as im suppose to be in the goodie bags committee, do will still have any goodie bags on that day?

how abt decorations? r we decorating the plc? hee. i can go dwn early to Jenn's plc to help out in the decoration.

bebe im like u, whenever my mil say mummy carry, i very scared bb dun wan me.. and she always say that when he in wan-to-look-ard mode, so he dun even look at who she's trying to pass him to.. then he doesnt lean over.. so sad u knw.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i tink he doesnt really knw that mummy = me yet.. but when hubby carry bb, and i go in front of him stretch out my hands, he'll lean towards me..

Thanks jenn!! I think whoever is helping to collect the money decide how much to collect ba, really not much difference. I can help to buy the rocher for the toddlers.

Cath

Haha... me too! Thus I've not used any breast pads at all! Do remind me of the Fenugreek.

As for the party cost contribution, as Xiao Xiin suggested, let the person collecting the $ decide bah.

Cath, just checked. Sorry, wrong info. My maid was confused with her fraction! It's actually only 1/3 left. Hope you don't mind. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cath, I have 3/4 bottle of fenugreek and a bottle of nursing tea as well.

A good website for avocado recipes is Avocado Central. It teaches you everything abt the green monster.

Agree abt flat fee for each mummy, it's easier than paying per head in case last minute some people cannot make it then they won't lugi so much. And easier to count also.

X'mas Gathering Information

Treasurer: Dot!

Goodie Bag & Presents Committee:

Bliss, Zinc, Raleigh, Jojo, Xiaoxin & Hopecg

Buffet (www.liangfood.com.sg): Jenn

Mini Delights(TBC): sheryl

Logistics & Toys Committee: ANYBODY??

Venus Booking: Jenn

Buffet Food Menu:

1. Fried Bee Hoon

2. Mini Chicken Char Siew Pau

3. Siew Mai

4. Chicken Nuggets

5. Fishball with Sambal (separated)

6. Chicken Winglets

7. Chocolate Éclair

8. Fruit Punch

On behalf of Rabbit:

**** Xmas Party Attendants as on 23th Nov, 9.00am ***

1) Rabbit & bb

2) Agnes & bb

3) Jolene with #1, #2 & hubby or mum

4) Natelie & bb

5)

6) Raleigh & bb

7) Jolynn Teo with bb & hubby

8) Zoie & bb

9) Sheryl with #1, #2 & hubby or maid

10) Julie with #1, #2 & hubby

11) Jocelyn & bb

12) Chiou Fong with #1, #2, #3 & hubby

13) Cindy Guo & bb

14) Irene ong & bb

15) Cath Lim with #1, #2 & hubby

16) Lisa Logam Tan with hubby & bb

17) Jeannie Ng & bb

18) Barbara Lok & bb

19) Bliss with #1, #2 & Mom

20) Doo Lee & bb

21) Xiao_xin & bb

22) Elise Chow with bb & hubby

23) Grace Thio & bb

24) Amy with bb & hubby

25) Kathleen Lee with #1 & #2

26) Ang hui jia & bb

27) Jojo & bb

28) Mei Keen & bb

Please inform, if you are bring spouse, maid or additional kids.

we are limiting to 35 mummies.

Let me know if i am missing out anyone. thanks.

Jenn

Hah ya la. First baby used more pads than this. For #1 , I don even need fenugreek n is full express, without latch on , yet more milk than #2. I'm ok with a third bottle too.

Party

Why don we go wif ur suggestion? If u don mind, we just make payment to u. Hv a closing date to tt $$ to u.

Ty

Thanks in adv. Heard tt the tea is good. True?

xmas party - agree that $15 per family is a good figure. as for who to transfer the $ to, I'm ok either way. If Jenn feels that it is more convenient for her to collect since she is liaising with the caterer, then it is ok by me.

cath, sorry, no idea.

thanks for the info regarding the egg. will let my fil know.

Just a suggestion, if you are thinking of getting mini eclairs or puff..can order from MMMMM..I think for eclairs price ard $5.50 per tray (think got 12pcs or 16 pcs), mini puff is $4 per tray (think got 12 pcs). They have an outlet at Square2..so prob can pick them up before going to Jenn's place.

Cath

When I say I speak French, I meant the "other" French! Wahahaha....

Xmas Party

No lah. I just take care of the catering will do. As for cost, think let the person collect the $ decide how she want it to be calculated - by family, by adult or by adult and child.

Sheryl

Don't order too much cos my hubby wants to sponsor a Bakerzin cake [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jenn - Ya, I bought the eclairs and my gals like them..i did not eat so cannot comment. Yesterday I was there, I bought the chocolate mini puffs (haven't tried yet)..the uncle said can call and order if u want..dunno got further discount or not.

Sometime i will pop by there to buy their pork soup stock base..easy for lazy mummy like me..haha

Cath- I oso gt a bottle of Blackmore pills for pregnancy n breastfeeding de, u wan it? ITs nt for ss, think nfor brain or something. Will check later n let u know.

**** Xmas Party Attendants as on 24th Nov, 10.00am ***

1) Jenn with #1, #2 & maid

2) Rabbit & bb

3) Agnes & bb

4) Jolene with #1, #2 & hubby or mum

5) Natelie & bb

6) Raleigh & bb

7) Jolynn Teo with bb & hubby

8) Zoie & bb

9) Sheryl with #1, #2 & hubby or maid

10) Julie with #1, #2 & hubby

11) Jocelyn & bb

12) Chiou Fong with #1, #2, #3 & hubby

13) Cindy Guo & bb

14) Irene ong & bb

15) Cath Lim with #1, #2 & hubby

16) Lisa Logam Tan with hubby & bb

17) Jeannie Ng & bb

18) Barbara Lok & bb

19) Bliss with #1, #2 & Mom

20) Doo Lee & bb

21) Xiao_xin & bb

22) Elise Chow with bb & hubby

23) Grace Thio & bb

24) Amy with bb & hubby

25) Kathleen Lee with #1 & #2

26) Ang hui jia & bb

27) Jojo & bb

28) Mei Keen & bb

Please inform, if you are bring spouse, maid or additional kids.

we are limiting to 35 mummies.

Let me know if i am missing out anyone. thanks.

Jenn, i added your name in, so that the committee has a better idea to order the food according to no. of ppl attending.

Mummies pls note:

Bank to bank tsf takes abt 3days to clear, do tsf asap when price is finalist.

Committe members

I suggest: to meet up within dis wk to work out the details. I see post here n dera n many I believe are suffering frm "stars n clouds" by different view that we suggest n posted

Otherwise, haf a mini meeting via MSN, take discussion offline as not to confuse ppl.

Good idea?

Cath

I try to rush on tat day ok? I dunno hw will biz be next mth, furthermore it's wkend.

Mummies pls note:

Bank to bank tsf takes abt 3days to clear, do tsf asap when price is finalist.

Committe members

I suggest: to meet up within dis wk to work out the details. I see post here n dera n many I believe are suffering frm "stars n clouds" by different view that we suggest n posted

Otherwise, haf a mini meeting via MSN, take discussion offline as not to confuse ppl.

Good idea?

Cath

I try to rush on tat day ok? I dunno hw will biz be next mth, furthermore it's wkend.

oh no mummies, i cant make it for the xmas party liao!! my cousin gettin married on 12 dec, but i din knw his customary (tea ceremony) on 11 dec.. just heard from my mum.. sob sob, gotta miss the fun this time.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

rabbit, im #27.. so sorry for the trouble..

Haha jenn

Yes I knew tt French is different Fr the proper French labels. I ask abt Agnes b. Cos I was outside the store at wisma n mention Agnes B as per Agness B pronunciation, my colleague told me his sil said it is read as AhNois Bay, I was so paiseh. Just surf the webby n found the below: just tot is quite an interesting one

Anteprima (On-tay-pre-ma)

Anya Hindmarch (Un-ya Hine-march)

Agnes B. (Arg-nias Bay)

Azzedine Alaia (Aza-deen A-lye-a)

Balenciaga (Ber-larn-sia-ga)

Bally (Ba-li)

Balmain (Bahl-mahn)

Baume & Mercier (Bomi Merci-yay)

Braun Buffel (Brown Byu-furl)

Bvlgari (Bull-ge-ri)

Byblos (Be-blos)

Cacharel (Kare-sha-hell)

Cerruti (Cher-ru-tee)

Chantal Thomass (Shan-tal To-mah)

Charles Jourdan (Sharls Shor-Darn)

Charrier (Sha-ree-ay)

Che Che New York (Chee Chee New York)

Chloe (Klo-ay)

Christian Labourtin (Christian Loo-boo-tahn)

Christian Lacroix (Christian Le-kwah)

Claude Montana (Kload Moan-tana)

Commes Des Garcons (Kom Day Gah-sohn)

Coccinelle (Kor-chee-nel-li)

Courreges (Coor-ash)

Cynthia Rowley (Cynthia Rao-li)

Dolce & Gabbana (Dole-chay & Ger-bana)

Donna Karan (Donna Karen)

Dries Van Noten (Drees Varn Note-earn)

Emmanuel Ungaro (Ee-man-noo-el Oon-ga-ro)

Etro (Air-tro)

Fa:ge (Farge)

Furla (Foor-la)

Georg Jensen (Jog Yen-sen)

Gianfranco Ferre (Gianfranco Fair-ray)

Gianni Versace (Gee-ya-nee Ver-sa-chee)

Givenchy (Jee-von-she)

Guy Laroche (Ghee Lah-rosh)

Helmut Lang (Hel-moot Lung)

Hermes (Air-mez)

Herve Leger (Er-vee Lee-zhee)

Issey Miyake (Is-say Mi-ya-kay)

Jaeger-LeCoultre (Yay-ger ler Koot)

Jean Paul Gaultier (Zhon Paul Gol-tee-air)

Lanvin (Larn-von)

Loewe (Lo-ay-vay)

Longchamp (Long-shum)

Louis Feraud (Loo-ee Fay-ho)

Louis Vuitton (Loo-ee Vui-tong)

Marithe et Francois Girbaud (Mar-hi-tay ay France-sua Jee-bow)

Martine Sitbon (Marh-tin Si-bong)

Narcisco Rodriquez (Nah-see-so Rodri-gehz)

Pierre Cardin (Pier Karh-Donh)

Plein Sud (Plan Sood)

Romeo Gigli (Romeo Gee-li)

Salvatore Ferragamo (Sel-ver-tor-ray Fairer-gum-moh)

Thierry Mugler (Teary Moo-glay)

YSL Rive Gauche (YSL Reev Gosh)

Yves Saint Laurent (Eve Saint Lor-rong)

Back