(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

raleigh, jus'us: thank you.

just got back from gynae. gained 2kg within 2weeks.. *slaps forehead*

doc commented abt it, then somemore can say, its ok, just cont to gain weight! *slaps forehead again* aiyo...

bb is 1.4kg.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] doc say shes in good shape too, head already down.

told him abt what yesterday, he said, its food poisoning.. gave me medication.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Irma.

What did you eat?!! Better take good care and watch for for raw and unclean food!

Rest well!!

Blue, Juz got ur request!

elise, sheryl: food poisoning la.. dunno what i eat, got eat fried chix rice on wed for lunch..

then yest was home cooked food.. whole family ate, but nothing happen to them.. so dunno [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

still feel abit pain in tummy la..

thank you for the concern babes.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

FRIENDS, the mattress look great!! i tink i need to get a mattress for my playpen coz the foc one is very thin..

Irma, hope u are feeling better. I also had stomach upset n diarrhoe the past few days but sometimes I confused between tummy ache or is it pain because of the baby. :p

re: trips

mummies, can go after giving birth lah as long as u have someone to help u take car for a few days. I went Taipei during my Ml , baby was 2 mths old, I was still bf, brought my pump along to express, some threw away, some me n Hubby drank n some brought back. Haha. It was super shiok, we stayed 4 days 3 nights, a gd break ate a lot of stuffs at e nite mkt. Bb was looked after by my in laws. But can't go for too long cause I missed her, always look at her photo b4 I sleep.

This time rd ,cannot go liao cause got 2! But I have been bringing my ger for trips since young, to genting at 6 mths, Hk at 10 mths, US at 12 mths n latest is japan. It's definitely more troublesome n they can't remember but at least the trips will be in ur memories. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tywong, elise n lin, just go n relax during ur ml k if u have help! U deserve e break. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re: kidstyle $20 off

For mummies who are looking for new shoes for ur babies n tots, u can go kidstyle to exchange old shoes n get e new one at 20 off. I just got 2 pairs of osh kosh shoes for my ger. Osh kosh shoes are pretty n comfy.after dis only 23 / pair compared to usual px of 43 . Very worth. If u looking for gets design, go to paragon branch my last check at vivo, no gers covered shoes left only have sandals. Boys design still left a lot.

Re: names

wow keegan got 3 votes today, hmmm.. Like that super close Liao . Tigerbaby, u very funny, ti geng? Haha, u hokkien?

Re: waxing plus meet up

Not strictly for waxing k, can meet up also. I think we need to decide weekdays or weekends?I would think 1 of the weekday nights for dinner will be gd. After work for most of u. Weekend usually family day .

What do u all think?

Please express ur interest in the differnt options below ,c what the majority feels then we work from there k.

(1) weekday night for dinner like 7-9

(2) weekend tea time like 3-6pm

(3) Any other suggestions

Friends, btw I think ur mattress looks cool! Very solid.

Gitz, erm got differnce new or old clothings meh? I intend to bring hand me down,more comfy for the baby cause seasoned already. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sorry to interrupt. I am from the March thread and have the following item to let go

1) Desitin Original (purple)- Bought extra @$12, to let go @$10 (include postage), expiry 01/11.

Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

can any mummies answer my question regarding the spree in the forum?

somehow when I try to join the spree by posting on the overseas spree site, everytime not successful....is there any restriction? do we need to hit a certain number of posts then we can post there? anyone knows?

I intend to order some stuffs from Polo Ralph website at 25% off. Anyone wants to join in? I guess I will be buying lots of stuffs...just need maybe another person to join me so that we can hit the free dosmestic delivery.

friends78, I also ordered the mattress from seahorse..prob will get it next week..looks solid and value 4 $$ hor??

envy that u gals can have ML and HL..hiaz..SAHM do not have such benefits..I also wish to go on holidays but it is diff when kids have to attend sch..even short trips also troublesome when kids tag a long...I think the next possible destination for my family will be the universal studio@ sentosa bah...

I will be seeing my gynae later in the afternoon..dunno what's the weightgain like..ha ha ha...I hope no more than 1 kg..

good morning ladies

genice: thanx for the concern.. feeling better now.. but scared to eat anything, skali wrong again, then.. tsk! *choi* u too..? take care ok. but i agree with what u said, sometimes confuse whether its really us having tummy aches or its just bb..

bb mattress: seems nice & also the price worth it lei.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] a pity i dun have enough place at home... else, i'd buy..

sheryl,

me too, definitely will bring psp. the last time hubby regretted not bringing psp along, he was so bored in delivery ward, haha.

irma,

you better take care. eat soupy stuff for the time being.

genice,

im fine either meeting on weekdays night or weekends (unless hubby is on rest day). best is @ dhoby ghaut cuz i can take nel back! haha.

daphne,

not sure about overseas spree. but i know you have to be 1 year member in smh to post in WTS thread.

re: constipation

hais, i think i got bad case of constipation. so constipated since late thurs night, then when i passed motion last night, fresh red blood was dripping quite abit. i bet my piles gonna be worsen after i pop. T_T

hubby said i should highlight this to gynae during my checkup on next wed. i should start eating prunes again. =(

hi mummies,

back to this thread again. so busy trying to take care of a toddler with a belly protuding in front. lolz. and this thread moves so fast!

anyone intending to breastfeed? i wasn't successful the first time. hope to succeed this time. any mummies in same shoes? any tips fr successful breastfeeding moms?

sheryl

my hubby was v busy for our first child. i got him to help me with this and that, rub my backs, walk around with me etc etc. lolz. he didn't hv time for laptop and tv. lolz. but now with iphone, he will have all the entertainment he needs, if he has time.

missbluey: thx.. you take care too... ok

constipate: yeah i think you'd better inform gynae.. that time i constipate, doc gave me 2 bottles of medication, one unopen, u want? hehe~

irma,

thanks for your offer! is it in liquid form? sweet? cuz i remembered gynae prescribed 1 bottle for soft bowels after i delivered. it was very sweet, i actually like! i forgot the name though.

mikojade,

oh ya, saw your status in fb. 2 june is my rom wedding anniversary! =DD

thanks for the hospital bag, more or less same as mine. hee.

perhaps i can make it on 30th apr. afternoon? i can take half day in afternoon as my working place is quite near to expo.

By the way, about "going home" clothes for us mummies, do we still wear our maternity clothes or should I bring my before-pregnant clothes which is S size???!!! I wonder if I can fit immediately into my S, and I think the maternity pants will be too big to wear after birth right? And I was trying to buy underwear (those granny type) for my lochia period, I don't know if I should buy M or L??

missbluey,

Lol, was hoping for a slightly late date so I can still go for the Motherhood bb fair starting from the 3rd but don't really like the rest of the dates....

Let me know if you can meet up okie... I'll be there abt 11am and like the last fair, spent 4 hrs there... keekee

tywong,

i'd suggest bring your maternity clothes cuz after we pop, our tummy will still be flabby & hips will still be big. i wore my maternity clothes (same clothes when i admitted) home after discharged.

even panty also used disposable, easier ma!

mikojade,

wah, 4hrs...i think the most for me now is 1hr nia. buey tahan sia. lol. okok, let you know again.

Thanks missbluey... I have a boyish figure, I was hoping being pregnant will give me more womanly hips, but nothing happened, sigh... still boyish, no hips & no backside.

Don't know about you ladies, but sometimes I wish I can give birth tomorrow!! Last night my baby kicked at 1 sec intervals, continuosly over more than 50 times (I counted until I give up counting) - was so sleepy and almost close to crying because of the baby kicking. I feel like calling my gynae to ask if I can have c-sect on Monday!! My hubby also forever not in SG, so sian sometimes. Quite embarrassing to sit in the doctor's waiting room alone, while all around me are couples... I told my hubby, I look like a single mother leh.

My doc gave me Senokot, a laxative for my constipation - till now I don't dare to take because I scared I will get terrible diarrhoea - has anyone tried laxatives and how is it like?

Is the seahorse mattress made with foam or latex please? And can someone provide the shop's address or tel number?

mikojade,

DH's colleague's wife was unsuccessful for 1st babe but now with their newborn is able to do it quite well so far. She said she is drinking some nursing tea to help her milk increase wor....and she told me some other tips too.

btw, all MTBs,

JTS a mummy clara (nick: pineappletart) in another motherhood forum is organising a bazaar at her home in yishun next sunday. details as follows. there will be both brand new and pre-loved maternity, post-partum and baby items on sale by other moms. she's not accepting any more sellers cos all spaces are fully taken up. but buyers are more than welcome. spread the word around!

18th April 2010 (Sunday)

2pm-6pm

Blk 281 Yishun St 22 #01-370

missbluey:

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yes, its in liquid form. sorry to say, not sweet la.. i forgot the name, but the liquid is quite thick. wheres your location..? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tywong:

the same medication im refering to, to missbluey is a laxative, but nope doesnt make me keep going to toilet (diarrhoea).. it soften the bowels only, but i remembered when i took it, the process abit slow..

miko:-

Expo gt wat sale agn =X

LOL .. dis mth has to tighten wallet abit.. Hubby grumbling i spend too much on NB liaox.. =\

Bluey:-

#1 i din bring anything along, last min admit hosp cos gt early sign of labour; bleeding =(

Hosp bag oso nv bring along. wahahaha~ cos nv tot i will gib birth the same day..

Pooh:-

good husband!! at least he pays attention to ur surrounding needs =)

My hubby on shift wrk, can even hardly get to see him..

Im still missing A&W!! or rather craving for ice cream waffles~~

missbluey,

The thought of being confine at home for 1 whole month makes me feel very sian... The last time i did sneak out a few times and since I'm not planning to hv the 3rd kid... This confinement got to do properly.... Just pray that the weather will be cooling everyday...heehee

myfavpooh

Am planning to get some nursing tea from MIM... The last time i took fenugreek also no use... Moreover my CL gave me a lot of stress so I guess must really relax.....

Seahorse matteress

Looks good! Wondering if I should get one for my kids' playroom...

mikojade,

both fenugreek and MIM tea didn't work for me previously.... =/ anyway i am going to try my friend's tea for #2. pray it will work.

I ended my CL early last time cos it was too stressful. This round, i am doing it myself! =>

fetal hiccups:

anyone having fetal hiccups lately? i've been having it for the 3rd day today. read somewhere in net, one mummy said this "lost my baby due to cord compression, a double loop on her neck.

Frecuent 2 to 4 times a day hicups could be a sign od compression on the umbilical cord if i were you i would request an ultrasound to check the umbilical position."

very scary..

how do you know it is fetal hiccups? what does it feel like? i'm also very worried about it - when i was interviewing my CL, she told me i must ask doctor to pay attention to the cord over my last few weeks to make sure it is not going round baby's neck.

is cord compression a common mishap?

tywong:

i think its like heartbeat2 kind/ muscle spasm, but can feel at lower abdomen (well thats what i tot), forgot to ask gynae yest *slaps forhead*

whether or not its a common mishap, not too sure abt tt. i think gd choice to ask gynae. Abt the info i recd above, was from a site which i googled abt fetal hiccups.

Hi mummies, I m looking for nursery school (those 2-3

hrs type) for my gal next year.. Anyone got recommendations

of good ones ard punggol/sengkang areas? R those in punggol end good? Initially thought of putting

her at st Anne church but missed the registration

and it's closed n full. Can't even put on waitlist..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] checked out

nativity church, not bad but out of place for us..

Irma, i also can feel the muscle spasm at lower abdominal.. beri scared the cord go ard bb's neck. tink fm next gynea appt onwards muz remember to ask gynea to check if the cord is at bb neck anot.

Tywong, i have taken Dhactulose - for softening of stools previously (about 2 times only). I gave up taking that... wondering if it is too mild or what, the feeling is weird, like much gas built up and stomach is bloated, need to go toilet but din help in clearing the system. Not very effective.

Come to realise that if i take more varied fruits (at least 3 servings per day), constipation will be reduced.

Are all mummies going to gynae at 2 weeks' interval already? my gynae already started me on the 2 weeks' visit. Suddenly feel like the big day is really coming soon. *nervous*

myfavepooh, you have won my admiration! It is not easy t do without CL / anyone to take care of you during ur confinement + you have another child to take care of. i am very worried that my MIL can't handle my #1 while taking care of me cos the last time, i left all chores to my CL and she is superb! My MIL din help me out. My CL takes care of baby, houshold chores of everyone (including my mom and dad), cooked for everyone, my dad has to eat earlier than any of us, she has to cook different dishes for the non-confinement family members + complete sweeping, mopping the floor + keeping kitchen clean and tidy. After the chores, she will definitely bathed and keep herself clean before going to baby. We (as in the whole family) were so so relaxed during then.

Now i am not staying with my parents. So my MIL wanted to help me out during confinement. But she is not comfortable in taking care of my #1. And, my hubby works till rather late. I am just worried that MIL can't cope and i will be swamped taking care of the children in the end.

Missybluey, dhoby ghaut is a gd place, quite central n somemore interchange.

1) weekday nights

Milkojade, missybluey,Genice

anymore?

Re: breastmilk

myfavpoohn milkojade,I did bf my ger for 8 mths but fully expressed , hoping to latch on this time round for my boy. Jia you! I have shared a few times here actually, goats rue from lucky vitamins work for me! fenugreek din work for me too.u all may want to order a bottle from sprees to try out.

Re: overseas spree

daphne, u also nd to be. 1 yr n above to post there. What u can do is pm the organisers directly ur orders n ask them to help u post

Re: muscle ache patch

I got sever pain on my lower back, dunno whether partly contributed by epidural side effects. I busy tahsn went to put tiger balm back pain patch. U all think will affect the baby? I dun think so lah hor?

Anyone else also got backpain?

backpain

Me! Me! Me! I had the sore pain last night..guess too much walking (only 3 hrs) in the evening as I shopped around suntec while waiting for my gal to attend a a bday party..

Quite jialat at night as I cannot stand nor sit for long..never experienced such soreness before..so scared that I might deliver soon..I have never taken epidural before..so I doubt it is due to the the epidural side effect...Hubby said I might have worn myself out..he tried to massage my back..but I was like groaning more in pain..in the end, I climbed onto the bed and fall asleep..

Now morning, I woke up feeling slightly better..I think we need to rest and not over exert ourselves unnecessarily.

Breastmilk

Genice - I was like you..pump exclusively for my previous kids (until 4 and 6 mths)..it was a lot of hard work..I hope to be able to latch on successfully this time so that I can breastfeed longer..I did not take extra supplement except DHA while breastfeeding..just make sure that I did not skip meal, cut down carbo/calories. In fact, I tended to be more health conscious while breastfeeding, thinking to give all the best nutrients to my baby thru breastmilk..ha ha

Meet up

I hope I can join you gals..preferably Friday night but I have to check with my hubby's schedule so that he can help me to pick up the younger one from school. Suggest that you gals pick up a date first and I let you know if I can attend?

irma, take care of yourself, ok?

back pain - me too! especially if I sit for a while. very sian. also thinking of getting the tiger balm/salonpas patches/plasters, but dunno will affect baby or not, so dare not. sigh

meetup

I also hope to be able to join you girls. If weekday dinners, best not to be Friday for me. Weekend tea would be good too.

genice, i'm keen on the meet up on weekday nites. if weekend tea, i need to check schedule cos i got work p-time telemarketing on alternate weekends.

Hi mommies, am from march mtb, i have balance Kotex Adhesive Maternity pads 2 packets for sale. Retail at $6 a pack, letting go at $3, unopend. Self collect at Bukit Batok.

hi mummies

Good Morning.... yesterday went to paragon... aussino had come out with a brown bear design for aussino baby range... currently also have 50% discount... after discount cot bumper $19.90, jersey hook blanket $12.45, hook cuddle bath set $7.45, fitted sheet $12.45. The staff is saying that the next new range will arrive around june.

Mothercare in metro at paragon have 20% discount for all blue tags currently until 18Apr.

Hi Cat, i also took Dhactulose for my constipation... but most importantly try to eat more fruits.... if not have to take Dhactulose during the night to soften the stools

mummies, a fren just told me last time her bro read an article on website abt breastfeeding being good for the 1st 6 mths only.. after 6 mths the milk "quality" we produce will not be optimal already and will be mixed with abit of blood... she said something abt a study being done and they fd kids who took bm till 2 or 3 years old have higher chances of getting cancer in their teens! i hear liao quite shock coz i tot bm sure good de.. then she advise to stop bf after 6 mths.. anyone heard anything like this before? i tink i'll ask my gynae next appt..

hi mummies

just finished reading the latest posts last nite.

Re: Gathering

I'm keen to join in for the weekday dinner or weekend tea as well. just let me know the date and I'll make sure i can make it...

cath: im alr on 2 weeks interval for gynae's appt.. tried to p/p 1-2days fr actual appt given, gynae dun give.. must die2 2weeks.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

bluberi: yala.. but usually too, i heard should the cord entangled around bb's neck *choi* hb will slow down abit, not sure how true..

bb gender:

whenever i go out, everyone will ask, "boy ah?".. i will say girl.. becoz they say my tummy pointed. i asked gynae to re-confirm using the ultrascan for bb's gender..adorable enough, when scan, can see her girl's part.. so cute.. nothing dangling2.. hehe~

dot: thank you.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

genice: yalor.. that time i put.. then yest told my MIL abt my backpain, she say dun rub with "hot oil" or paste the plaster.. but its outside what right..? how can it affect bb..? i wonder...

Irma, really sound scary lor.. the cord ard bb's neck nv came into my mind until fri.. after worrying of miscarriage, bb not growing well, nw i worry abt the cord gg ard bb's neck. told my hubby i want to do a 3D scan just to be sure coz normal 2D scan like cannot see much things. he also admitted 2D scan cannot see clearly. hope it's not too late to do 3D scan at wk32.

Back