(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

brenda, ur gynae never ask u go breast scan first before seeing breast surgeon? is it painful when u press? how long has it been there and how big is it? dun worry too much.. hurry go make appt see the surgeon so u can get an answer then wun keep weighing on ur mind.. i was tinking of getting a breast scan also, just for piece of mind.. duno how to go abt it though. mayb will ask gynae during my visit in earli aug.. mrs wong charge u $60 for consultation?

NEL mummies Gathering. Also open to all mummies.

Date: 22 July, Thursday.

Time: 1pm - 4pm

Venue: Mush place

1.Lucasmummy

2.bb-bao

3.edie

4.chillimum

5.mush

6. rantingbaby + helper + 2 kiddos

7. Mattsmummy

8. bx

9. Annie Raj

10. Mrs teo (helper + baby)

11. Phytws

12. nanabear

13. SN (to confirm next week)

14. blurangel

15. Jobel

16. Lilstarz29 (helper + baby)

17. Aggieness (will confirm by tues)

18. Gladseow

19. Luckyone (confirm next week

20. JThan

I am just confirming my attendance cos hubby is in town this week, so confirm no car to drive. So will take public transport instead and I will have a very excited toddler onboard... Oh, I also have no pram cos using sling for bb and pouch for toddler

Hi mummies,

Any one menses came back? I delivered on 20 April and my menses came back the day before. I was very surprised as I'm still breastfeeding... had been on partial breastfeeding since discharged from hospital as my supply wasn't enough for bb. Is this normal?? Menses on the 4th month seems too early!

Also, my belly is still having alot of loose skin and the waist is still at 33". Going back to work on 2nd August and still can't fit in my office wear except some dresses. Butt is still quite wide too. Any chances of slimming further yet? I still have 7kg to go... omg... Am I really too slow in postpartum weight loss?

Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2010 - 3:13 am:       

NEL mummies Gathering. Also open to all mummies.

1.Lucasmummy

2.bb-bao

3.edie

4.chillimum

5.mush

7. Mattsmummy

8. bx

9. Annie Raj

11. Phytws

12. nanabear

14. blurangel

15. Jobel

18. Gladseow

20. JThan

21. Jerbunny (bb n I )

Hi mummies!!!

Mummies who are attending NEL gathering on 22nd, please note that the time is 11:30am-3:00pm instead. U may like to check ur events in FB, so that it's easier for mush to note down our names for the security. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jerbunny: Normally, I think it will take 3-4mths ba... My tummy is still very loose too but am glad I do not look so bloated like before. I dare not weigh myself till I find comfortable enough to.. Haaa

NEL Gathering,

wow... the list are getting longer than the previous gathering!!! once again please rsvp on FB as i need your names for security. looking forward to see all mummies and babies again.

Baby carriers,

phytws, thanks for the recommendation on the baby carrier shop. i just bought a limited edition manduca carrier at $279, a little expensive but quite worth the money spend. no more aching shoulder and bb sleep very well in it.

BB rejecting bottle,

baby have been taking bottle every now and then since 3 weeks back but she start rejecting bottle this week. any reason for that? how do i start getting bb back on bottle?

NEL Gathering,

Yupz the list is sooo long! Gd it's fun to hav so many mummies n babies ard. I'm also looking forward to meeting u all.

Lucasmummy,

U r already v slim liao loh! Haha! Jia you!

Jerbunny,

I also hav loose skin ard the tummy. N abt 5-6 kg to pre-preg weight. Y is the weight loss so slow! Lol. Actually imstagnant at 5-6 kg for some time. Dunno will it be permanent! *shudders* But I tell myself it's two months since delivery n giv it more time to get bk in shape. If all fails then last resort: EXERCISE! sian... How to find energy...?!

Rantingbaby,

U super la! Can carry sling n pouch! Tats v heavy leh! I sling my bb 5kg long time already back breaking! Look forward to seeing u again since the last when we r still carrying a bump!

wow Mush, $279 limited edition? must show us on thursday!

I've 2 slings now, 1 from the shop and 1 recommended by JSP. think i should get a carrier too. is it difficult to take baby in and out? i told my hb, last baby al, must try everything!

jerbunny, i also have not lost all the weight. my is not loose skin.. mine is like a lot of fats, very flabby. lazy to exercise too, so far i only ran twice!

Jojo> my gynae checked my breast but she tell me c the breast surgeon for advise..and she said most likely the breast surgeon will ask me go for breast scan lor...Haiz Mrs wong n my gynae say if its small surgery is insert a needle in n extract out the lump lor..sian u noe! when i heard i gotta go tru these even after delivery..really no mood lor! They nvr help me massage lor juz quick check then referred me back to my gynae liao..cos its been there for a month or so already..so they say cant dissolve it any more..muz take out..I told them i even bought a bust massage package juz to get rid of it and the massage lady say its too hard..call me go for a check for a piece of mind...

Loose skin..I also haf sian la...lost weight but the tummy skin still loose and the line is still there...Tummy like wrinkled! i nvr exercise though hate to exercise haha...Think by looking after baby ur self can lose weight la haha!!

Anne,

My girl will be 3 months old this coming weekend, probably in her 13th week I guess, lost count of the weeks already, count by month easier! Hahaa.....

Once my girl falls asleep while feeding, it is really quite hard to wake her up. I stroke her cheeks, burp her over my shoulder also no use. Happening quite a bit these few days, wasted so much milk!

Hi mummies,

Any mummies keen to share purchase from the following site?

http://luvbabies.weebly.com/index.html

Free delivery for every $200 purchase. Delivery for purchase below $200 is $10.

I am eyeing mamy poko diapers.

In fact i got this link from SMH BP. For those mummies who are keen to buy FM from them can check with them on the expiry date.

Lucas mummy, thanks will join u all for gathering [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]?

Mush, how do I join the may fb?

Anne raj, so after 8 wks can exercise har, thats gd but I dunno I got time or not. Sigh so bz with 2 kids that I am going crazy already.

Jerbunny, 7 kg is ok, dun worry too much cause once u start work shld be able to slim down even more, e only prob is the first few weeks of starting wk when e clothes dun fit. I still remember for my #1, I wear the same clothes for the 1st f&e weeks and have to change my wardrobe for those looser clothes as my hips widen after birth,i never totally lose all e wt, not so lucky, left abt 2 kg. Jia you, do some situps to tone ur tummy n continue to bind lor, it's takes time to lose everything [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lucasmummy, I just ordered some diapers and milk powder from them. Now waiting for delivery. Their prices quite attractive especially for milk powder.

Re. Weight loss, I'm about 3 kg to pre-preg weight but my waist and thighs are still flabby. I think it'll take a while with exercise to tone them up.

Helo mummies! am back to work!!

hope i survive today.. my office no place to pump milk except for the pantry~~ .. we shall see how it goes..

luckyone : i posted the pic in fb may group liaoz..

a few other i wanna reply.. but cant remember how..

bbf : how's ur back to work??

Hi Mummies,

Any of you bring your babies to Polyclinic for jabs? Just want to have an idea how much they charge for DPT and Hep B (6 in 1), Polio vaccine and Rotarix? Brought my girl for her shots at her PD and got a shock at the bill.. trying to see if Polyclinic is really much cheaper..

Thanks,

Jess

genice:

what's ur email? I will include u.

Else u can search for "SMH May 2010 Mummies"

mattsmummy and mummies:

NTUC has Pampers discount. $39.85 for 2

and 20% off all Pigeon items and some promo on other baby stuffs.

Think this promo will last till 21st only.

I carried my pampers home already...

Jthan:

I think Polyclinic doesnt have 6-in-1 package.

Jabs @Polyclinic:

I got this from Sengkang Polyclinic.

I am not sure if it's the same for all.

HIB + IPV = $87.40 each doses (4 doses)

HepB = $28.50 each doses (2 doses)

I paid $440 for 6in1 package including consultation from a private clinic which i thought was very reasonable as well.

I'm gg for my bb jab tmr at polyclinic. Had previously call up to check. They hav package for 6in1 at $360. They also got package for 5in1 slightly cheaper but does not include Hep B 3rd dose. These jabs r starting fr 3 mths - 18 mths. I'm gg for Hep B 2nd dose tmr it cost $22.

Need to call up to make appt. They will giv u a timing n just turn up 15mins before.

I'm not gg bk to my Thomson pd anymore as the wait is long n expensive!

hi lucasmummy, i have requested to join. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My name is jeannie. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies, can i combine/mix fresh ebm, chill ebm and just thawed frozen ebm to warm for 1 feed? or each feed can onli use 1 type?

Hey check with u guys, between pet pet / drypers / fitti which one u think is not bad? Cos baby girl going into IFC come August so want to choose a cheap one for them to use in day time.

brenda, mrs wong also just check by touching and massaging abit.. she charge u consult? i also duno if can rely on it solely or i shld go scan for piece of mind.. dun worry too much, if insert needle onli, shld b quite fast recover de..

wow! seems like a lot of mummies back at work already... 1 more month to go for me...

LucasMummy: u using mummypoko? I have a pack of size S, used a few pcs, but then i don't like cos need to change bb very often. You want? I see how I can pass to u.

Diapers: I'm buy Nepia from their website. Totally love it! I can actually not change my ger from 12 midnight to like 7am. And she pees a lot. The quality is like Pampers, but cos my ger fidgets a lot, the vecro comes off easily. So was using huggies until someone recommended Nepia.

If anyone interested, can buy from http://www.nepia.com.sg/english/index.html

Tape Type:

New born 60's (up to 5 kg)

Small 54's (4-8 kg)

Medium 48's (6-12 kg)

Larger 42's (9-14 kg)

Pants Type:

Large 30's (9-14 kg)

Ex-Large 26's (12-19 kg)

All size selling $15/pack for home delivery service

Minimum order 4 packs (can feel free to mix up the sizes you want), free delivery.

You will realise that you can't order other sizes online, what you can do is to email them what you want. That's what I did. =)

Jabs: I taking my bb for jab @ SBCC (AMK). They never offer package leh. hmm... Tomorrow when i go I will ask. Me taking 5-in-1 cos my ger was not heavy enough at 2 months to take the 6-in-1. so that time took the hep B 2nd jab separately. Oh well... more jabs for her.

Lilstarz,

I'll go w pet pet. Cheapest n the best. Drypers tend to hav crystals forming if not changed frequently. Fitti... I never liked it. Only use the pack given by TMC n it doesn't hold poop as well.

lilstar.. petpet is value for $$, can tahan a lot of pee.

jojo..i never try to combine so many different kinds, i think it should be fine just that its quite trublesome.. i will combine 2 types at the most, definitely i will not give frozen ebm by itself cause it stinks!! babies dun reaaly like it too so max 2 combi for me. y u need to combine 3?

Blue turtle, SBCC got package for the jabs tied in with the ocbc baby bonus acct. You can take with them. I bring my girls to SBCC in gleneagles.

Mummies going for infant care, I've got some questions; 1. can baby bonus be used?

2. For ref, how much are you paying a month?

Thanks.

1.Lucasmummy

2.bb-bao

3.edie

4.chillimum

5.mush

7. Mattsmummy

8. bx

9. Annie Raj

11. Phytws

12. nanabear

14. blurangel

15. Jobel

18. Gladseow

20. JThan

21. Jerbunny (bb n I )

May I know where is the place and how much have to pay?

I still can't confirm yet leh. Can confirm on that day?

1.Lucasmummy

2.bb-bao

3.edie

4.chillimum

5.mush

7. Mattsmummy

8. bx

9. Annie Raj

11. Phytws

12. nanabear

14. blurangel

15. Jobel

18. Gladseow

20. JThan

21. Jerbunny (bb n I )

22. genice

I second blue turtle on nepia! Can hold 5 to 6 hrs for my boy..but i put max cap as 5 hrs per diaper bec scared of nappy rash.

Swear by Nepia diapers now!

Hello mummies!!

How are you ladies?

Am super tired from my baby's function yesterday. it went well but alot of my friends and hb's friends didnt show up. Many sick.. i think some flu /fever bug going ard.. Btu we still had 250 guest strength.

I never want to do another function in this scale until my son's wedding or something.. it felt as if it was his wedding yesterday itself! haha

Crap! 12 days left b4 goign back to work.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] My son doesnt like EBM.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] And I just need him to hang in there for 8 weeks with EBM before i go back to be a Full time SAHM... how?! haiz!!

Hello AR,

We are having the same problem regarding EBM.

Baby has been rejecting the bottle for past 5-6 days....Been trying all means to get her onto bottles numerous times religiously the past few days with no avail.

Not sure how baby is gonna to survive when her mother returns to work when ML over.

Can anyone who has similar experience previously share with us how to get the baby to accept the bottles again?

AR... hows the size for nepia? If my boi wearing pampers S size... he's prob now ard 5kg+... what size to get for Nepia?

I tot of going isetan.. to get a pack to try... so far i hv been using pampers cuz i think its really thin n absorbent.. thought bit exp

Hi mummies..hb on reservist for whole wk tiring...

Jojo no ley wasnt charged tat day ley cos she say its a quick check n referred me back to my gynae alr..she oni call me tell her outcome after seeing my gynae tats all..no massage leh..

yeah pampers really gt discount ah! cool!!! i wanna go ntuc later alr..nepia pampers so gd? i wanna try a packet n c hw..

maggie mee, i bought flash card from Kinokuniya.

I bought english and japnese one.

3 months a bit too early, better start 6 months cause babies still can't see very clearly.

But you can start read story book and ABC, 123 to your boy, esp change clothing and diaper for him, so when you teach him using flash card, he will pick up fast.

I haven't send my boy to IFC, postpone to 2nd Aug cause he's not feeling good mood these days.

I will send him half a day 1st week and stay with him about half an hour b4 i leave.

I think my boy should be ok bah cause so far anyone carry him, he's ok one.

Lilstarz: I used Fitti before. My CL likes it n actually prefer it than pampers.

Blueturtle: my boy is outgrowing size s, need to stock size m for him. I'm not using mamy but want to try. I like pampers, it's cheaper than mamy when on promo. Actually am now intending to use pampers for night, looking for another one for day. Nepia is ok, personally, the only thing I didn't like about nepia is that it is thick. Thanks for asking anw.

Luckyone n Jeanie: note the time of the gathering is 11:30am - 3:00pm instead of 1pm- 4pm k. Jeanie, will acknowledge tonight. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Maggie mee: my boy using size s pampers also wearing size s nepia. Think nepia cutting is slightly bigger.

luckyone.. u intend teach yr boi jap?[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] in that case, i better source for storybook to read to him....

lucasmummy.. thks.. im thinking to stick to pampers whole day or use diff one for daycare...

anybody tried taking baby overseas during winter? what to bring?

I am taking my 3 months baby to Australia during winter. temp is about 17c during the day and 6 during the nite. already consulted PD. She prescribed nose spray as precaution....

maggie mee, yeap i will teach him basic one and send him to my brother place to learn when he is 2 years old. My brother's wife is a japnese and she teaching children Jap using flash card.

luckyone... hv you tried taking bb out yourself? So far me hvnt'.. i was thinking how to close the stroller n put in the taxi.... driver may not know how to close the stroller mah...

any mummies got advice?

tried 3 times so far. 1st time Tampines mommies gathering, 2nd time my house opposite to buy lunch and 3rd time..Wow! take bus, MRT to bugis, shop shop a while and take taxi my brother's house. I'm using carrier. My boy is about 6.1 kg so quite tired haha

luckyone..im using miraclee turn..can't use 1 hand..i hv carrier passed dw fr friend but duno 3mth can use onot...wow u so capable leh..i scare bb fuss outside..

Gd day Mothers n Fathers,

Diapers

Jus like to share my up to now exp with diapers.

Personally prefers Pampers, PetPet n Drypers where Drypers the last choice.

Pampers-$26.99/pk taking M size will b

$0.3066cts/ea

PetPet-$15.75/pk taking M size will b $0.1875cts/ea

Drypers- $15.96/pk taking M size will b $0.1899cts/ea

Price with ref to Carrefour with 10% disc using POSB everyday card. Find it is the cheapest.

find that PetPet is slightly better than Drypers in holding pee so now using PetPet for bb at IFC. But Pampers still the best which i use at night n going out.

Similac

btw i find Carrefour's Similac is the cheapest considering aft 10% disc using POSB everyday card, its only $38.15 for stage 1 900g.

Jerbunny, my wify menses bk today, oni abt 2+mths since delivery?

genice, i asking first in case need to combine, at least i'll knw.. tink in most cases onli need to combine 2.. frozen ebm stinks? i din smell.. have been giving baby direct from my frozen ebm stash, never mix..

brenda thats good... i tot quick check also gotta pay consultation.. u hurry go get it checked with the breast doc..

start flash cards at 6mths? then from 0-3mths other than talking and singing to baby, wat else can we do?

Back