(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

mush,

yup, I had to bring one of those ntuc fairprice supermarket bags to office everyday. This time with the freestyle it is lighter. Plus I have less time now to wash eat and sterilise, so I have invested quite a bit in extra pump parts. Last time with the ameda, I only brought 2 sets, I wash and sterilise once for the last pump using the medela mircowave steriliser bags.

jojo,

I don't bring the lock and lock container...it's too heavy..I assemble them and pop them in those sealed ziplock bags.

bb bao,

if you also have a success story to share after your stint. pls rem to post. Even after 3 yrs I still get PMs for help about it. I think there is really very little info on the web on this and all the travel and airline regulations keep varying.

NEL mummies Gathering. Also open to all mummies.

Shall we agree on the following?:-

Date: 22 July, Thursday.

Time: 1pm - 4pm or 11am - 3pm

Venue: Tentatively Lucasmummy's place (Sengkang)

1.Lucasmummy

2.bb-bao

3.edie

4.chillimum

5.mush?

6. rantingbaby + helper + 2 kiddos (tentative cos may not have car to drive over)

7. Mattsmummy

8. bx

9. Annie Raj

Im also stying in Sengkang. Would like the 1 to 4 pm

bbf,

u steady leh. buy 3 sets of pump parts. then u like lug a lot of stuff to work.

mattsmummy,

i also used that for #1. I think i will continue to use this method. just that a bit embarrass to wash the pump parts in the pantry where there are male colleagues around.

i also have not been pumping regularly. can see that ss dipped too. i have reduced the number of times i latch baby coz have been going out a lot. how r u going to increase ss? take supplements? but i think ur ss so good, even if dip still enuf for ur gal.

bbf, i suppose i need to get extra pump parts as well. coz im always out of office. but now im worry abt milk storage. i wonder will the cooler bag be able to last in a hot car.

hi mummies,

anyone using freestyle? i am having so much problems with my battery pack. 1st battery died on me within a month and i just got a 2nd battery last week and i am having problem charging it. after the 1st charge of 24 hours, t lasted me 3 pump and the subsequent charge took more than 10 hours to charge and it is still only one bar after more 10 hours. am really upset with this frestyle. any freestyle user here who bought US set and uses battery pack freq can comment? do u hv any such problems?

Anne Raj, 63265926, this is the number for Senior Staff nurse Tan Ah Biah in SGH. Do call and check if she's in. She's a nice lady so feel free to ask her if you have any questions.

Milk supply: Yesterday Thea woke up every 2 hours again. And she actually woke up hungry cos when I latch her on, she'll gulp gulp gulp and swallow and after that she still can burp, so it means she drank right? But still she woke up every 2 hours, so I suspect my milk supply is really low. My breasts feel so empty and small. And when I press the aerola, it trickles down whereby it used to spurt out. But the thing is, in the day she can last 2-3 hours. Why is this so??

I'm so tired of all these problem, not long ago I was suffering from forceful let-down and now low milk supply.

Just last week, I had really really bad engorgement and this week is a total different story. And remember I complained that she can't take afternoon naps? Now she's sleeping so soundly...

That's why I always tell myself, good phase won't last, bad phase will pass.

bx,

I also don't know how I managed...but some how I psycho myself into doing this yet again. Pump and throw away, feel very wasted. Got milk and don't pump, feel guilty...I guess we all just want to do our best for our children.

jacq,

oh dear mine is also a us set...no problems so far with charging and recharging. If you purchased from an authorised US dealer, perhaps you can send it back to Medela in US to have it diagnosed and repaired? But for all the trouble it may just be easier to survive on wired power or buy another pump instead.

mush,

I wonder if the car mini fridges will work? I seriously doubt the freezer bag can hold out in the afternoon heat.

Hi Edie, i experience the same problem as you. Tts how i started baby with supplment and that became the main food and now im low in supply.

Thanks edie i will call the nurse.

Hello ladies!!!!

Just to check with you ladies. Anyone experiencing post natal hair fall / hair loss?

I am starting to drop more hairs than usual. I need help!!!!!!

Hello Chloie! LTNS! Hope u are well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hair fall is common for post natal. Take folic acid supplements.

I wanna join your NEL gathering!! But that day bringing bb to appt then the garden festival... So cant come... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hullo mummies.... no time no post!!! How's everyone???

My bb already 2.5 mths! Next mth going to bring him in to IFC liao....wonder if he can adapt... hope all goes well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

edie,

your supply must have regulated to your bb demands lah, that's why bb is satisfied for a good 2/3hrs and your breasts are well emptied after feeds. It doesn't mean your supply is low. If your supply is not enough, the cluster feeding nightmare will come again.

chloie,

not yet, maybe I will get it next month...Anyway I cut my hair shorter so hopefully the effect will be less.

maggiemee,

I'm sure your bb will do fine. Their ability to adapt is quite astounding I think. When r you returning to work? Will you be planning to drop by IFC for a spot check?

Hey moms & dads,

did you read today's news abt the 2 mth old bb which was shaken to death by the Daddy? So sad!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I don't think it was intentional coz the dad also became suicidal after that.

Must remind ourselves to keep sane. If really cannot handle, better to put bb in cot for a while and take a breather or put on ear plugs, those kind that doesn't shut off the crying completely. At least it can help to make those terrifying bulks of constant crying more tolerable so we can attend to bb and calm them down better.

I even got this hung up in my room as a reminder to myself and hb - http://www.pupsikstudio.com/keep-calm-and-carry-on.html

bbf, those mini car fridge i found online keep at 15degrees. is it cool enough? i start to wonder if it will be possible for me to continue breastfeeding once im back to work.

jacq, my is too a US set. so far so good. i wonder if you could bring it to Sg distributor for help. maybe they will charge for repair?

bb sophie has been driving me crazy!!! she has been nursing almost hourly hourly. havent nap since morning, keep fussing wanting me to talk to her. scold her but she still can smile at me!!!

i want to go do big biz also cannot!!!

bbf... me plan to go wk ard mid aug... will be putting bb in 2 wks prior and will be there to observe him if he is ok...

yes saw the news... quite sad..

Mush,

I think 15 degrees is good enough. It's abt same temp as the freezer bag. ebm can last up to 24 hrs under that temp. you can feed bb with it the next day, and freeze the excess when you get home. Keep a cooler in the car as contingency, if fridge fails can always grab ice from 7/11.

Ultimately, it really depends on what is your breastfeeding goal...you never know whether it's possible unless you try. Anyway, this is good training in preparation for your #2 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

1.Lucasmummy

2.bb-bao

3.edie

4.chillimum

5.mush?

6. rantingbaby + helper + 2 kiddos (tentative cos may not have car to drive over)

7. Mattsmummy

8. bx

9. Annie Raj

10. Mrs teo (helper + baby)

Im also stying in Sengkang. Would like the 1 to 4 pm

1.Lucasmummy

2.bb-bao

3.edie

4.chillimum

5.mush?

7. Mattsmummy

8. bx

9. Annie Raj

11. Phytws

Mummies, I would like to join too, but since we've passed the 10 mark , shall we go to a mall instead? Will we be imposing on lucasmummy. (need to clean up after us, etc)

All the talk on BF is making sad that I didn't try hard again this time. and i succumb to Formula after 1.5 mths. Unfortunately, there'll no more next time.

Hi

I'm a may 10 mommy too.

Would like to check if any of u have problem with bb fussing during feeds. For 2 straight days my gal has been crying n fussing so much during feeds. She is on ebm but I realise she got lots of wind in the tummy. The thing is she cries the moment the teat goes near her mouth. The only way to feed is to rock n feed n even then she yells n screams. Haiz. Anyone know what I should do? I gave her gripe water but only one dose a day so far.

maggie mee,

Are you sending baby to IFC @ Pasir Ris? Cos I remembered earlier in the thread you mentioned and provided the IFC address?

Any mummy's baby gal has or going to outgrow size S diapers already?

Not sure how heavy is my gal but she's going to outgrow her s size diapers soon. Gosh!!

MomMe.. my bb gota lots of wind as well... give him colic drops, rub ruyi oil n prop him up to burp him...etc...

or u can bring him to TCM for baby "tui na".. it helps

Destiny> Me bought the nestle nan HA already hope it helps my baby tis time..

Momme> did u try gif him colic wind drops..My PD prescribed him with colic drops 4 times a day to be added to the milk..

Thanks. I have a bottle of rid wind, guess I'll try that. Haiz... She just threw up her milk. She only had like 550 ml milk today. That really little for a 8 week rght.

1.Lucasmummy

2.bb-bao

3.edie

4.chillimum

5.mush?

7. Mattsmummy

8. bx

9. Annie Raj

11. Phytws

12. nanabear

both slots are fine for me.. can someone create a fb event just in case forum is down again?

bbf, so do u recycle the ziplock bags or everyday new ones? how does the freestyle icepack work? after pump u put in office freezer or fridge? then put tgt with ice pack on the way home then when reach home put in freezer or fridge?

jacq, my freestyle battery 1st charge was not 24hrs.. i wanted to use it already so i tot can plug in and charge, but still use it to pump.. then ard 15 hrs i need to change to another room to pump so i unplugged it.. so i din charge it properly for the 1st charge. i never track how long each charge can last but i tink its definitly more than an hr or two.. each charge takes 3-4hrs.. where and how much u bought the battery pack? without the battery u still can use the pump with the power cord rite?

Hello mummies,

NEL Gathering

Phy: thanks for the thought.

Actually, hosting the gathering is not a problem and hubby can help with the cleaning up later.

My main concern is ultimately the space for strollers n prams. There's a foyer at the entrance, it can park quite a number of strollers when folded but not too many when not.

And I'm just afraid some mummies may like to put their baby to sleep in it if not we will have to carry the babies throughout the whole session. OF course, you could place babies on the bed in our guest room. Unless, they are carried using slings/ carriers. So what's the call?

Any good location along NEL we could have our gathering?

I am thinking of Swensens at CP. Or head down to Dhoby Ghaut. We could go to TCC at the building just beside PS. I remember it was quite quiet on one of the weekday that I went. But ain't so sure about lunch crowd.

My humble unit is still able to accomodate the numbers if u all dun mind of the space for strollers. =)

No Nap

Again, my boy didn't nap the whole afternoon! He's basically awake for more than 12hours without a blink for a few min. :s

Could it be the bubble tea yesterday....??? I wonder..

Hi

can I ask if anyone tried going off dairy products when breastfeeding. I'm really at my wits end abt this colic thing n it's super stressful coz my bb I'd on almost full bm and people are questioning my bm as the cause of the colic.

Hi Mummies,

Din come in for a while cos bb keeps changing patterns, driving me nuts, esp still got no 1 to handle. :-( Hence down with fever last week n then yesterday cold. Sigh.

Too many posts to go thru in details.

Quick one:

Mush,

I oni tried these two caterers for tingkat. Din try the rest. For Mom's cooking, everyday is good. For house of catering, some days r good, some r terrible.

Bleeding

After delivery, my bleeding onli stopped after the period in the following months. Onli cleared in first week of July. N I delivered on 9 May. Thus onli last week then went to see gynae n did pap smear.

EBM

I so sad cos I threw away 50 packets of EBM last week cos no place in freezer. Sigh. So wasted.

Then my fren gives me this link:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/454888/things_to_do_with_your_extra_breastmilk.html?cat=25

Genice/MomMe,

Welcome!

MomMe,

I cant have dairy products during BF cos my boi is allergic.

NEL Gathering

Wow I wan to join, but see how my bb's pattern first. Will confirm next week.

NEL Gathering

Or we can have sth like the one in Mush's place last time. I think in a condo function room veri feasible. :) What do u think?

Sn

how do we know if baby is allergic?

If you stay off dairy products, that means even Milo also

considered? Then wat hot beverage can we eat?

I also read off the net that even bread also considered???

West Side mummies, where r u guys meeting up? Is it still on? Let me know the details k. Im super bored at home.

My hubby left for overseas yest, and will be 2.5 weeks later. Im home alone. Its so worrying. Hubby has been a great help. Now all alone. But Im prepared to run to my mums house if I reach the stress level 10/10 . Else I will try to keep him home. Probably plan my days well.Go out, go frens house, then 2-3 days stay mums place. But the feeling is scary to be alone wif baby for 2.5 weeks, esp when my only support(hubby) is not arnd.No choice will try n manage.

Yest i managed to dreamfeed my bb at 11.45. He managed to sleep till 5am. Its a great improvement. Hopefully it stays like this n improves if have to.

Agginess

We are meeting for lunch tomorrow, 11.30am, JP2's Sweet Talk. Trying to beat lunch crowd... if not mummies + babies = cannot find seats...

Hi mummies,

I need to engage a CL for my confinement in next year March, can anyone recomm me your CL who you think is good to recomm? Pls kindly help. Thanks!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

brenda! wow u changed so many types of Enfalac , how come? Tot one of the colours is also HA? ur bb not tking enfa well? How's NAN HA working for u so far??

Not saying Enfalac is the culprit but more on the cow's milk protein of normal formula. Till now I cant confirm if my boy is allergic to it, but prev on Enfa he has alot of spit ups , vomitting n wet burps. Now all these symptoms reduced drastically. But i got mix NAN HA with Friso Comfort. Half Half.

Lucasmummy,

I prefer the 1-4 slot. 11am im still stoning n a bit rush. :p

For me, if gg yr pl I will bring sling cos can put bb on the bed. So one pram down! Go mall also can. But where got such big pl for so many of us?? Kekeke! I can imagine the shocked look on the waitstaff face when he see so many mummies, babies and prams! Hahaha!

bbf, today is ur 1st day back at work right? how did all ur pumping go? share some of ur experience here so that i could get myself prepare when it is my turn to get back work.

NEL Gathering,

i dont mind having it at my place again, prehaps we could just order pizza this time round or have everyone bring something so that i wont have to taobao all the leftovers.

SK, my gal has been on M size diapers since last week. altho she not not yet 6kg but she can still fit in a M size diapers, and if im not wrong M is cheaper than S for drypers.

BB weight,

yesterday i bought my bb gal to PD, weight her and she's 5.66kg at 6weeks and last week, she's 5.44kg. one week gain 220gm, is it too much. wat is the normal bb weight at this age? me and my husband not very big size but my gal seems to be on a bigger side.

bbf, you're right. My supply is not low cos I drank RLT and I had forceful let down immediately, so irritating and baby seems satisfied after every feed so it should be fine. Now I have to find out what's making her to wake up every hour.

Lucasmummy, I prefer 1-4pm slot too. I prefer to go someone's place too. The only place I could think of and is big enough for all of us will be any cafe in Dempsey, it's always quiet there in afternoon, but it's not convenient.

Mush, sorry about the leftovers the last time!! Yes, we can have something simpler this time, pizza or KFC sounds good.

Did you ask the PD about her growth? I believe PD says is ok right? If she's not obese then I think it's okay. Your milk power pack la, that's why she grow so fast.

Hi,

Long time din post... my baby is 2.5 mth old now...

Going bk to work next month... time fly...

My breast pump failed, it can't simulate the suction... now have to use hand compression to express... so far ok...

I am thinking to buy Tommee Tippee or Avent electric pump, need mummies feedback? I need something like silent kind & easy to use when expressing...cos i will be back to office... don't want to let my colleagues kw that i am expressing... abit weird...

Destiny> ya lor changed so many..dunno y enfa so many types..1st one is enfalac blue one wif rice starch prevent regurgitation..Cos previously on similac when at TMC..baby vomit out too much frm the nose as well n so much phlegm..So i changed to enfa..then the blue one think cos of the rice starch..my baby constipate poo all hard marbles..so changed to enfalac red one like normal type then soooo much phelgm again so diff to burp..so when i went back to buy the red one no more..left the yellow..so i tried the yellow one..but he still vomits out some milk and like same situation as ur baby..alwys agitated when cums to feeding..i like fighting wif him..dunno what went wrong where is he uncomfy...then changed his diapers even though not wet..then same thing..frustrated when he wanna drink milk..stretch himself cry..angry..then alot of carrying too haiz..alwys cry everynite ard 7+ then 10+ start again...

Nw i mixing nan HA wif enfa lor..1st day seems ok..today gt poo...then he not so angry when he wanna drink milk..tmr i monitor again..

So sad i put baby on bouncer today..then he usually ok talk to himself wif the auto bounce and music..then i went to use internet in the room for 5 min went check on him..he bounced off the chair..on the floor flat..sooo heartpain..hit his forehead..i cried..cos he cried so much..feels so guilty til nw..

Mush: wow... Your baby is big. Mine was 5.5kg at 7weeks, I thought it's consider quite big liao... didn't really have a good look at your baby that time as she was hidden in the sling. :p

NEL Gatherings:

Mush, if you don't mind then I think it will be more comfortable to hold it at your place function hall. At least, much better for mummies with strollers... Could you check if the slot is available on 22nd July, 1pm - 4pm please? Thanks!

Time: 1pm - 4pm

Venue: TBC.

1.Lucasmummy

2.bb-bao

3.edie

4.chillimum

5.mush

7. Mattsmummy

8. bx

9. Annie Raj

11. Phytws

12. nanabear

13. SN (to confirm next week)

Lucasmummy> thanks..my mum say muz monitor tat he dun vomit..he looks fine..lucky dun haf teeth yet..

Argh gotta very hard lump on one side of my boobs.seems like a vein hard like rock think since confinement its there but i nvr get to fin massaging it away so nw very hard..Duno if i need c the gynae..or where else shall i seek help to check wad is it..

Back