(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

pinnky.. where mums in mind warehouse? same pl as kidslofz?

Anyway any MTBs gg RObinson expo sale today? Not sure got good bb lobang onot..

I dont dare to let my baby sleep in a snuggler in between my hubby and myself. After he punched me in the face once when he was having a violent nightmare.

Hahahahahaaa........

yea..chilimum, I can understand..last time I also rented out my room and they cant keep the toilet clean also..luckily they hv moved out..

now..I m staying with my hubby only and my mum & mil r all in m'sia..I m PR here..so, I cook for myself n hubby most of time after work..eating outside is not so healthy and I m sick of the outside food also..if can, try to drink black bean soup, my friend asked me to tk at least once a wk..

Hi ladies,

hv not been posting though I try to come in daily to read. been very lazy... dunno why, this pregnancy is making me tired and lazy...sometimes I feel so tired at work that I hv to shut my eyes for a few mins.... I just can't keep them open... maybe I need paperclips or cloth pegs....

Baby Shower

I don't think I can make it. I'm staying at the other side of the island and we don't own a car. my elder boy needs his nap in the afternoon and going out will be quite difficult during that timing...

Playpen/Bassinet

I'm looking to buy a playpen/bassinet for my newborn. anyone knows when I can get it at a good price? The cheapest I've seen is abt $100 and it looks ok only. the nicer ones are $150-200.

Highlighting of Hair

I went to my regular hair salon yday wanting to cut and highlight my hair. before my hairstylist attended to me, I was sitting beside this lady who was perming her hair. the chemical smell irritates my nose and I could feel my little one wriggling inside me, I guess she doesn't like it also. In the end, I changed my mind and didn't highlight my hair, only had a haircut....

bb-bao,

sama sama. even knowing i eat dinner early my mil also dun bother to cook for me. never made any tonic for me. to the extend i feel she is selfish. if she cooks its always veg curry n rice. no fish no meat hor. sometimes i will cook fish n chicken n she eats too. i clean the toilet, my room, wash our own clothes.

im upset she never show concern never do anything at all as though im not expecting or worst not there. sometimes can be so depressing thinking abt it.

need to vent or i will go crazy.. been surpressing it for a while.

My MIL is nice. But FIL a bit making troubles... I don't want to ask any help from them. Even taking care of baby. Because is better you get all thing in charge by your own so there will be not "unhappy" issue between me and in law.

bb bao... tats why i will get HB to slp on mattress next to floor... otherwise he may slap on bb too.. hahha[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bb-bao, your MIL don't feel "heart pain" for her grandson? Then in that case, if you move to your parent house, she can't see her grandson everyday loh.

opps..double posted..

I m so thankful cox my MIL & FIL are very nice & caring..even though they r not in sgp but we always on the line..I treat them like my own parent also..

bb bao & chilimum, be happy ya..once bb born, everything will be different n changed..I believe ur MIL sure concern abt u n bb, maybe just didnt open her mouth..actually the most importance thing is hubby must treat us good..m i right?

They also selling herb tea! Pinnky, please update us the price hor. If you happen to see any rosehip tea too, can help me to check the price? I don't think I can go tomorrow beacuse will be busy half a day in KK. Thanks so muc (^^)

chillimum,

hehehe, at least now we know we arent alone!

My in-laws hardly cook also, and I'm pretty fussy when it comes to food. I prefer freshly cooked, simple dishes like veggie, fish, meat, soup - cooked separately. They like to rojak leftover food into one big pot and simmer in brown/oyster sauce. Imagine your pot of dish contains like few pieces of duck, one chicken wing, some char siew, some cabbage - you get the idea. Yikes...

I do sometimes complain to my hubby, but he feels that there's nothing wrong.. well, he was brought up that way too.. so bo bian, I rather go foodcourt and eat.

They told me not to put my undies to wash together with their clothes - okay fair enough.

BUT she puts hers into the laundry!! Somemore rolled up like pretzels..URGHhhhh.

I now wash my own clothes (plus hubby's) cos I'm again very fussy - T-shirts needs to be in netting as they stretched easily, whites with whites only.. etc etc.. hahaha.

I think I make a very good housewife!!

luckyone... i checked the next slot will be in Apr liao... feb n mar all taken up! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] tat's why i am looking for elsewhr for aqua class

okay luckyone..will check for u if I go..I think they do sell the maternity clothes..I didnt buy any so called maternity clothes..cox i cant fit in as I m too small size..hehe..somemore maternity clothes r no cheap also..

bb-bao & chillimum, my FIL always finshed my bread or fresh milk. Not that I'm "xiao chi" is just I'm not that free everyday go supermarket and buy loh. And he never inform me when is finished.

When next day I want to bring snack to office, no bread! So rush in the morning where got time to buy!

Pinnky so envy! Small size mother to be can wear a lot of normal nice clothing...

Yeap agreed, maternity clothes very exp! Even the underwear...

I buy XL clothing from normal shop (^^)

mummies..anyone staying at woodlands area? As I m looking for nanny to tk cr my bb after my confinement..do u know the market price from morning to evening, weekdays only?

dun need to envy..I m too small, XS..haha..during my first 4 months, hard to get the seat in mrt..maybe no one believe i m pregnant..hehe

Talking about MRT seat hor, I think I'm really the Luckyone! Everytime can get seat. So you can imagine how "big size" I'm hahaha

Looks like going to rain in town. Everyone working in town becareful when you go home and bring unbrella hor.

I'm going back liao. bye bye...(^^)/

See you tomoroow meggie mee.

This guy in army uniform was one step faster than me and he took the priority seat.

So I stood right in front of him... Apparently I am transparent.

SHAME ON YOU, you non-gentlemently army personnel. What a disgrace to our gahmen!

Have a great wkend all MTBs!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

May 2010 Baby Shower

6 March 10 (Sat)

Venue: Jurong West

Time: ???

Baby shower food-

<nick>- <buffet/high>, <no.>

AR- Buffet, 2

KTSC - Buffet

bb-bao - buffet

chillimum - buffet - 1adult

rantingbaby - buffet - 2

Hello mtbs,

Went to robinsons expo this afternoon.

Conclusion is that there is not much BB stuff available, but i still bought a cot at ard $158 after all the discount.

Hope that i made a wise purchase....cause been torn between a cot or pen for a while....

May 2010 Baby Shower

6 March 10 (Sat)

Baby shower food-

AR- Buffet, 2

KTSC - Buffet

bb-bao - buffet

rantingbaby - buffet - 2

Anlin- buffet,1

Hi,

Talking about seats. i only have the chance to sit in 1/5 times of the packed bus. Those standing one keep looking at my tummy, then the seated one pretend not to see. What a disgrace lol.

May 2010 Baby Shower

6 March 10 (Sat)

Baby shower food-

AR- Buffet, 2

KTSC - Buffet

bb-bao - buffet

rantingbaby - buffet - 2

Anlin- buffet,1

Chloie - Buffet, 2

AR > SUre...but no worries. Just a suggestion. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

May 2010 Baby Shower

6 March 10 (Sat)

Baby shower food-

AR- Buffet, 2

KTSC - Buffet

bb-bao - buffet

rantingbaby - buffet - 2

Anlin - buffet,1

Chloie - Buffet, 2

SK - buffet, 1

hello mommies,

I just went to the Kidzloft sale.. yeah everything is at 50% but actually nothing much to buy also.

I only bought some baby socks, wash cloths, bibs, head support pillow and bolsters. If you are looking for baby clothings, no need to go there.

They have a few strollers, some car seats, baby bouncers, bath tubs, some baby cots (bedsheets & stuff at 50% off), toys for babies and toddlers, baby grooming items, etc etc. A very small range only..

Those heavily discounted items are like super OLD and YELLOWISH...

**Parking: If you park inside the warehouse, you have to pay. So park at the roadside.

May 2010 Baby Shower

6 March 10 (Sat)

Baby shower food-

AR- Buffet, 2

KTSC - Buffet

bb-bao - buffet

rantingbaby - buffet - 2

Anlin - buffet,1

Chloie - Buffet, 2

SK - buffet, 1

edie- buffet, 1

sue... don't have baby room for baby la. I have to clear the a bachelor room to put in the playpen. same as bb-bao, queen size bed + study+ wardrobe, damn squeezy and small.

by the way, when i'm doing confinement, baby and CL will be sleeping in the living room. ok or not ah??

Hi mummies,

i'm going to give birth on may-2010,

i'm a PR and my husband is a singaporean.

i plan to put my baby @ infant care ctr,

i stay at bedok reservoir,

any nearest infant care ctr to intro (east side)?

may i know the charges?

Hi, ladies going for Feb antenatal classes at Mt Alvernia, have you been contacted yet? I havent heard from them yet but thought 1st class should be on coming Thurs? Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi tinospora,

Yes, we going for the feb antenatal classes at Mt Alvernia and they called us last week to remind us about coming thurs 4 Feb lst lesson (need to make payment as well).

Hi mtbs,

Does anyone know the difference between the various brands for feeding bottles and teats?

For storage of breast milk, which will be a better option: milk pack or storage bottle or VIA system?

mush_hb,

For feeding teats I think no diff. bbs will get used to them eventually no matter one you introduce. I did read that it is better to get one that is similar shape to mother's nipple, that applies in the case if you want to switch between direct breastfeeding and bottle feeds easily.

For breast milk storage, any brand will do as long it is BPA free, just make sure it is compatible with the breast pump so you can pump directly to the bottles. price varies quite greatly in the market. most expensive is medela, i think the cheapest is evenflo/pigeon.

For Avent i noted that they've brought in BPA free for their bottles but they have not replaced their breast milk storage bottles with BPA ones although they are already sold in USA, so you need to check the labels carefully.

hope this helps.

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

Today we went to OG chinatown and saw this great offer of Advent Electric Steam Steriliser.

The set comes with 1 Big and 1 small bottles, 2 teats, 2 pacifiers and a bottle brush. Normal price(which i have been searching for a few places and all same price excluding any discount) is $192.8. OG is selling at $135. Thought is a great discount. So we without hesistate and bought 2 sets(One for my mother who will be taking care of baby).

If any of you interested in Advent Steriliser, feel free to drop by OG and take a look.

For the Advent bottles tho, the BPA free ones dun come in sets, and quite ex for each bottle. Is it neccessary to buy them?

May 2010 Baby Shower

6 March 10 (Sat)

Baby shower food-

AR- Buffet, 2

KTSC - Buffet

bb-bao - buffet

rantingbaby - buffet - 2

Anlin - buffet,1

Chloie - Buffet, 2

SK - buffet, 1

edie- buffet, 1

Anne-buffet, 1

Hi everyone, long time since i last posted stuff.

Been reading silently. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I just went for my gynea visit last friday. Very glad to know tat my bb is growing well. at 22weeks, he is bout 585g. Think it is kinda of heavy. But well, i have put on 10kg already.. And on Sat nite, i first felt my bb gentle kicks. So excited about it...

Had checked w my gynea what kind of delivery will be for me esp when i need to remove the other twin which is not growing. Well, not very useful info provided by him, cos he said, depends... sigh...

Back