(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Thanks for Volunteering , so for recep we will have Pringles , Gladseow and Sheryl . Alina can't confirm if she is attending yet .

And for playmats we have Gladseow , Lin and LucasMummy

Sheryl , so far we have the Most Co-ordinated Family and Crawling Competition both which comes with prizes . If there is time , we can do impromptu games that you suggested like Simon Says or the Ball / Basket relay thing .

Anyone who has a portable mic if not will be quite difficult to shout for 50 over ppl and 30 babies to listen to the emcee

Hi Michelle, have you tried asking Yio Chu Kang grassroots club if they have any mic. available for loan?

Hi Pringles,Sheryl, what will we be doing at the reception? Take attendence, issue nametags, give out doorgift? Need to prepare anything?

Gladseow ok will try to ask them

Yup recep duties to take attendance , collect $ from anyone who still has not paid , give name tags and door gifts . For name tags , I will just buy those white stickers and the participants can write their own names cos too much hassle to make name tags

So no need to prepare anything before hand , just need to be there ard 1045am , thanks !

Anne Raj & AngelaLin, got your fund transfer, thanks!

bbf, sorry, i mistaking Anne Raj's fund transfer for yours. I noticed that you put down as UOB account, will assume that you transfer from your UOB account which will take 3 days to reach my account. Will update once I received it.

A total of 25 mummies make payment.

total amt is $792.

My account number is POSB Saving 030-40226-0

It's $18 per adult and $9 per kid (other than babies)

Pls check spreadsheet for how much you need to pay and update with transfer details once you've paid.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkBY-BoDK24adC1yOVdTNjExVXY0ZTV5ZEVYajFVc0E&hl=en&authkey=CJTWo8cB#gid=2

Hi Phy,

As stated in their website, Polar is halal certified.

http://www.polarpuffs-cakes.com/

They informed me that for the number of people, it is better to get a 3kg cake instead. Else might not be enough to go around.

A basic 3kg cake costs $106 (butter cream) or $107 (fresh cream). This is before discount, so still within budget. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For the base, can choose from a choice of chocolate, vanilla, etc...

What kind of wordings would you want on the cake?

Collection can be from AMK Hub (think its the nearest outlet to YCK)

Drop me an email at [email protected]

We can liaise from there. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi May Mummies

Long time to see. Ok, I see some of you on FB. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I spend more time there now.

I have prepared 2 pinatas for my children's birthday party but we forgot to hit them.

The pinatas are shaped in numerals '1' and '3', and they have been stuffed with goodies. Suitable for children who celebrating their 1st or 3rd birthday.

I will like to let go at $30 each.

Kindly PM me if you are interested.

Michelle: i still have the name tags template for our last party.. let me know if you want to reuse them. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies,

sorry to distub, any preloved bumbo seat with tray for sale?

prefer to pickup near sengkang.

pls PM me the condition, color, price.

Hi mummies,

Actually if all of u want and not picky about design like fondant cake does, I can sponsor "Cuppy Pudding" for the Birthday blast. I can make chocolate n blackforest pudding, will use bear topper as the same theme with the background or wall painting at the party place.

So the $100 can be use for others necessity, ex: lucky draw, decorating place etc

FYI because of some muslim mummy here:

This is a homemade, when ppl order from me, If they want to put rum, i will put rum liquor. If they want to omit the rum, I don't use any rum liquor. So basically I've 8 separate ustencils, 4 for halal n another 4 for non halal one.

Just let me know if all of the mummies ok with it.

Coke, got your fund transfer, thanks!

A total of 26 mummies make payment.

total amt is $828.

My account number is POSB Saving 030-40226-0

It's $18 per adult and $9 per kid (other than babies)

Pls check spreadsheet for how much you need to pay and update with transfer details once you've paid.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkBY-BoDK24adC1yOVdTNjExVXY0ZTV5ZEVYajFVc0E&hl=en&authkey=CJTWo8cB#gid=2

Hi Alina, since you can't make it, I moved your name to the bottom and change the no to zero so that when Michelle makes the order for food. No confusion.

Hi Coke, Actually, I'm not picky. I'm open to your suggestion and thanks for the sponsoring. If we can save the $100, maybe it can go towards other stuffs. What do the rest of the mummies think?

Hi maplemummy, my baby also have a little rash around the mouth. I didn't do anything. aiyo, need to apply something. but too near the mouth, what can i apply?

I read online before that milk rash or saliva rash, just use a wet handkerchief and wipe their mouth after every meal.

Michelle

Sorry. MIA for such long time (work schedule, grandma passed away, down w fever, etc). Hope everything will be better soon.

There might be chg of plan on my travel. Can I confirm next week, Tues? Else, I will meet u somewhere.

Program for 1st Birthday Bash , 15 May 11-3pm

Hi all,

Hope you're looking forward to our 1st Birthday Bash on 15 May.

Pls see below the program, we have 2 contests with prizes - Most Co-Ordinated Family (voting) and Crawling Competition, so get ready !

11-11.30am Registration and collection of goodies

11.30 - 12.15 pm Self-Introduction and Voting for Most Co-ordinated Family

12.15 - 1pm Lunch

1 - 1.45pm Crawling Competition

1.45 - 2pm Lucky Draw (if we have any budget left)

2-3pm Free Play and Goodbye !

================================================

1. For Self-Intro, each family will introduce themselves in front of the rest, maybe tell others when your baby was born, what he/she likes and how you're co-ordinated for the Most Co-ordinated Family contest)

2.Rules for Crawling Competition

a) This will be done in groups of 5/6 and the winner of each group will go on to compete in the final.

b) Each mummy/daddy will be given one balloon to blow up before the contest starts. When the Emcee says go, the adult will run to the finish line with the balloon and the baby who crawls fastest to the finish line will win that round.

c) The adult is NOT allowed to stop/walk in the middle of the path to encourage the baby to crawl, adult MUST RUN to the finish line and baby must crawl to finish line to win.

d) In the final round, top 3 babies will get to win attractive prizes

==============================================

Hi ,

Can the SMH May 2010 Facebook Group Page administrators help me to create and event and copy and paste the program above to Facebook so that the mummies who seldom check the forum will know what to expect.

Thanks !

1st Birthday Bash , Payment Outstanding

Hi,

Can the following mummies pls confirm if you're still attending the bash and if so , pls transfer payment to June asap

1. ChloeMum

2. Edie

3. YLC

4. Krystal

June, pls note that Sally has confirmed that she is not attending, I've changed it in the spreadsheet. Thanks !

Hi impulse41, i got some advise from Dr Taysk (from motherhood facebook):

After wiping the mouth with damp towel, remember to put on a thin layer of baby moisturiser. That helps to ease the rash. If it shows no signs of abating after 3 days, try seeing a doctor to ensure there is no infection prior to starting medicated anti-rash cream (hydrocortisone 1% cream from pharmacy or doctor, or the more potent betamethasone 0.025% cream by doctor).

Hope this help you too.

Hi Mummies

I am looking for research respondents for a study.

Duration: 2 hrs

Incentive: S$80 cash

This is not a marketing event. We are not going to sell you anything. Just purely data collection.

If you are interested, please send me your details to [email protected]

Name

Contact Number

Nationality

Racial Group

Cheers

Rachel

Hi maplemummy,

hydrocortisone 1% cream & betamethasone 0.025% cream are steriods cream which can affect liver. I think better don't use them. for adult, we are not suppose to have prolong exposure to this cream, think the guideline is not more than 7 days continuous usage. For babies, i don't think it's okie. Try others.

Hi impulse41,

Thanks for the advise. I din do anything yet, just keep wipe her mouth area with damp handkerchief after milk or meal.

Hmmm...that mean we can't do anything right?

I did speak to my PD about hydrocortisone 1% cream & betamethasone 0.025% cream before. Under extreme condition, meaning the rash is beyond control and the baby is suffering a lot, like scratching and bleeding from the scratch, then it's okie to use to control the rash. If don't use the cream, the baby suffer too much. Other situation, better, don't use. Esp if the rash don't bother the babies, it bother us cas we can see it. But actually the babies don't feel it at all.

Another thing which i think can try is aloe vera gel. I think it can be consume so safe for the mouth area.

I requested to join the SMH May 2010 facebook group a few weeks ago but so far not been added. Can the administrator of the group help to add me please?

LucasMummy / ChloeMum i think you all are the administrators for the Facebook group page, can help me create an event in the SMH May 2010 Group Page and copy and paste what I've posted above on the program for the 1st Birthday Bash ... I tried clicking around but can't seem to be able to create an event for the group leh , or can you all add me as one of the administrators then easier for me to post , thanks !

Hi Michelle,

Have created the event on our FB group. Also added you as admin so you can update further on the coming party!

Lucas was one on 30th April. It's great everything went well. See ya mummies on 15th!

Hi Phy,

I din receive any email from you. So do i consider that we are not getting from Polar? Coz will need to order in advance for that size...

I have transferred $36 to June's POSB saving account just now via ATM. The ref# I have is 8724. Please check. I will update the speadsheet.

Maplemummy

Congrads! Mine will be one next tues! Can't believe she will b a toddler soon.

Btw i always use california calendula cream to apply the rash ard her mouth. Works well. Read fr directions on the cream tat even if consumed it is safe. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back