(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

1st time pa i didnt get your email but i pmed you just.

must make appointment hor. tell her your nick when you are there.

Thanxs Vic MA. I've got it. I was resolving some production issues late at night. Is her charges reasonable? Got discount if I mention my nick

1st time pa

you can call & ask them for what charges is like before you decide to go down or not.

i already pmed u the name.

maddie,

the boys are older now.... and my aunt has said ok to taking them in the afternoon since they both nap 2-3h anyway.

if you ask me to put a newborn and a less-than-3yo toddler in a school which follows the sch hols, adui, i wont do that too.

hello mummies!

cellow ...I will be lucky if my boy naps beyond an hr on good days aka rainy weather days. Otherwise, it's juz that short burst of 60 mins or so to recharge & create more mayhem ard the house =).

ah boy also sleeps 2-3 hrs now.

its my girl that can go on & on wo sleep & will be super cranky by the end of the day.

she prefers to play.

chlosper, woofy,

napping 2h is a bad day --> I dun get any rest then! i know of little boys and little girls who nap 20mins each time, then proceed to tear the house down. wah if i had one of those in C1, i would make Mr C wear 3 condoms within a 3 feet radius. haha.

heh, maybe tis genetic, i (used to) sleep like a log in the afternoons. that was before C1's birth.

coffee u didnt do IUD?

my mensus is so heavy i am wondering if i should get it done & if it will lessen the mensus too

partially to reduce the flow - i itch when i get mensus rather irritating

i get pimples & i have to have 2 diff sets of skincare 1 set for acne pimple period to be used 1 week before my mensus imcorporated with my hydrating anti aging one & then when my mensus actually come the pimples would have all dried up & I can slowly switch back to my mild hydration anti aging skincare.

& the mood swings! i really can do without.

& ya pimples bring scars as i have itchy hands & scars need whitening or lightening & here we go again skin not so nice liao month in month out.

& when i am on a regiem or skincare which i dont break out the week before my mensus - i will put a mental note - holy grail skincare regiem/stuff for me & i try to stick to them for a while.

hada labo raved hydrating lotion watery clear one is one clear winner to keep for myself. (everyone's skin's diff & it keeps changing too -really challenging!!)

Xlh - same here. 90 mins is considered a good day for me. Used to be better when he's younger. So now the helper doesn't get much break to do housework.

Hi mommies,

Mad scramble to start party preparation for my #2 1st birthday. Glad the norm is to celebrate just the 1st and 21st birthday in Singapore!

Nap - my gal naps at least 1.5hrs on the weekends but she sleeps up to 2.5hrs in the cc on the weekdays! Thank goodness she still sleeps by 8.30pm daily or else really no me-time!

Hi Vic Ma,

Recommend a very light but effective sunblock for me?

I am afraid freckles will appear on my face yet refused to wear sunblock as cannot stand the zinc oxide smell and the stickiness. But now old liao, scared soon the 50cents dark patches appear on my cheeks!!!!

Hi

I'm a first time mommy. Looking for woodlands mommies in their late 30s or early 40s with toddler so that we can gather together and share parenting tips and organising outings. Anyone??

ruru

is your skin combination oily or combination dry?

the one ming is using is good as well as the one i am using.

both from shiseido - serious sunblocks i feel.

there is one Kao biorie one if u can test testers pink bottle i feel its moresuitable for combi oily skins the blue & white bottles better for combi dry skins.

actually Zinc oxide is one main ingredient to look out for when one is looking for a broad spectrum SPF as it covers UVA & UVB rays. its the chemical sunscreens which may have zinc oxide as well that smell & STING the skin.

Chem sunscreens sit are absorbed into the skin to help the skin difuse UV rays while Physical sunscreens (which i prefer & less sticky too i feel) stay on teh surface & reflects UV rays.

http://www.nuancewatson.com.sg/product_view.php?product_id=1448&cat_id=0

I was scared off shiseido spfs previously – the blue bottle ones required a special cleanser to remove & were so notoriously STICKY.

My beauty buddy’s relative showed her this shiseido & she tried it & loves it she has combi dry skin while I on the otherhand have combi oily skin & I prefer the very water resistant one which comes in 50ml instead of 30ml. The “very” one is more suitable for oilier skins.

I use makeup everyday & am acne prone esp 1 week of the month pre mensus week & I use hada labo then this spf “Very water resistant” one then my foundations (I usually go for longer lasting matte finish liquid foundations so by the time its 3-4pm some shine makes it look a healthy dewy glow – if I bot moisturising foundations I might end up looking like a oil sleek by the end of the day.

I have used this for around 1 month now & my mensus is on day 3 (usually any acne will be drying up by this time) this round I only had 2-3 small pimples that went as fast as they came.

this is around $45 at DFS but i think they only have the 30ml version. they are both $59 at department stores.

I recommend you go touch it before you decide.

The other one i like too but more pricey & abit heavier than this shiseido one is the Dior whitening range SPF 50 PA +++ one - its a great makeup base as well & helps foundation stay on longer too. but that has silicon some dont like silicon feel but i am fine - i bot this in sample sizes anyways to try but the flower eyes me didnt get to buy the full size & i moved on the the kao (finished 3 bottles ) & i i am on the shiseido le.

why spf 50pa+++

becos i feel as i sweat maybe i get SPF 40PA+++ if i apply less that day, by 12pm i reach SPF 30PA++ then end ofthe day it reaches 15 PA+

also good - KS effect.

why a reliable brand.

unless reputable, we are not sure what they slap on a bottle actualy as there is no governing bodies that regulate they can put whatever on a bottle & promise the world.

i previously asked ya you say SPF 50PA+++ but do i need 3 tablespoons worth to get that desired protection?

in the leaflet in shiseido says 2mg per 1cm sq protection SPF test method -well at least they have some idication whereas other brands i have not really read somethign like this before.

say 30ml bottle can last 2 months roughly when used daily. each time day we use 30/60 = 0.5 ml 0.5 ml vs 2mg per 1cm sq, say out face is 25cm sq, we need 25*2mg - 50mg those good at maths - i think 50mg is roughly 0.5ml?

1gm = 1000mg - i am hoping with variations of water liquid sunscreen 0.5ml = 0.5g = 500mg which is more than what we need 50mg.

have i confused everyone now?

i also very headache now lolz

why not SPF 100 PA+++??

ok PA+++ = UVA protection factor

UVB burns skin

UVA damages inner layers of skin which brings about early aging - fine lines.

UVB protection was developed earlier & UVA has been only discovered much later & only in recent years more skincare companies started to put this as well into what we call now BROAD spectrum UVA & B protection.

Factor number

Say we burn in the sun wo anything in 20 mins that is your natural sun protection factor.

an spf 20 will give u 20* 20 = 400 mins protection = 6.66 hrs

SPF 100 will give you 20*100 = 2000 mins that's 33.3 hours - erm pauses -we dont have 33 hrs of sun a day mah (no daylight savings too in sg)

so a balance as alot of brands like to charge more too for a higher spf factor.

oink oink - i am such a nerd.

*in stealth mode*

i started a blog..... quietly and without fanfare.

http://hisabundantblessingss.blogspot.sg/

you need to read the first post to understand why C1 is what he named himself, and C2 is a follow on from C1's self naming

-again, cellow zips abt sunblock. i m putting something onto my face, but my primary concern is still acne. still young at heart to pop so many pimples. heh-

Reading now while waiting for the computer to "unhang" itself.

Cellow - I'm reading or trying to! And all the great fb posts too. Glad for the reading list function in iPhone so that I can list them there and read when there's time.

Vic - ma - very impressive right? I'm more impressed with her kid helping! I wonder if mine will make a mess of the kitchen.

Anyone heard of lollibox? www.lollibox.sg. It's a monthly package meant for kids. Sounds interesting.

Hi Chlosper,

Monthly package for kids??? At 1st glance, I thought you need monthly package as in the menses pads, hee....

Hi Vic Ma,

Wah, overwhelmed by your supreme knowledge on sunblock!!!! Ok, I think I will go to shisedo to try out as i (used to!!!) wear their 2-way foundation cake. Thanks a million!!!

Ruru

Hahahaha. Did you check it out? Like presents for them. Not sure about you, but I love receiving packages. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Celyn

Babies prom tickets are on sale Monday 10 sep for friends of Sso.

vic ma - wah wah i am really impressive! u are a pro in everything, from sunblock to vitamins

are u a sahm ? else why u have so much time for reading up???

really salute you!

any thing to recommend for me ?? should be combination skin (t zone oily type). i need some sunblock too..,

super oily skin before i am preggy

and after preggy become combintion skin... hope my hormones stay this way.....

Hi Chlosper,

U notti gal!!! U introduce me to the world of book depository and I never looked back!!! And combined w comgateway, my shopping took on an international tinge! Hah!!!

dawn

i been reading & you tubing & foruming on this since earlier than 2002 - ongoing interest.

used to be in beauty forum as mod too.

besides the Kao b pink bottle one & the Shiseido & Shiseido Annessa ones, this is a powder one.

http://www.skinstore.com/p-4853-peter-thomas-roth-instant-mineral-spf-30.aspx

powers suitable for touch up also as its not possible to wipe off makeup & skincare apply all over again mah at work or when one is out of the house.

usually getting serious with spf is not putting reliance on the SPF in foundation or a moisturiser as we use not alot (unless paint like war paint) stated say SPF 15-25 in a foundation might be "diluted" in a sense since we might not be piling foundation on like models do for photoshoots.

sad to say sun protection should start in our early teens or earlier but we all didnt konw mah. i read somewhere when preggy sometimes these skin damage will surface - sun spots. & dry skin in stretch marks sometimes also surface on the hips & butts & tummy - sometimes not 100% due to the pregnancy but apparently we are supposed to start moisturising the body since again early teens too.

one thing to note about oily skin is that its a myth you dont need moisture. its because you have dry surface which the skin is trying to send more oil up to protect. SKIN is a very important part of the body - if damaged harmed or super dry - it stops working as a protective barrier to the body against bacteria & viruses. thus the body's self protection mechanism making it oily to protect itself.

again its the right moisturiser water based non alcohol best vs no no to rich heavy oily creams which will tend to make us oilier & break us up too.

again everyone's skin is diff - i usually try only what personal friends recommend after a while i know what their skin is like & recommendations too & also i get you tube or online reviews from makeupalley.com before i buy something.

at times i just buy what i feel lolz - too lazy to read up sometimes.

ruru

u noticed book depository is siao siao de.

i was told even if u bought 10 books in a go they will still send u 10 separate books!

sunblock, foundation & pimples

i found that when i was on BB creams I broke out more. as much as they declare that they are non oily or pore clogging - i still feel there is too many ingredients in a bb cream still that cloggs the pores.

http://www.naruko.sg/shop/naruko-bb-cream-sunscreen/tea-tree-anti-acne-sunscreen-spf50

this is considered drugstore but i want to try this next time its new - oil control acne prone skin SPF.

i tried their stuff - really like their serums & night jellies - light enough for me . just avoid the nacissis range - it smells like toilet fragrance (they claim its natural frag) or uncle hair gel smell.

a beauty guru i like likes this brand but i am much older than her, & dont have as good skin - i have moved on. but i still am using some of their products.

Vic ma - yes. Books depository may send them out in separate packages. Happened to me before. But for the prices, I'm not complaining too much. I think they are having 10% again this month. Received some mailers.

Ruru - www.dangdang.com is equally addictive. Luckily I'm not going china in the near future.

with a friend i resolved everytime i buy skincare i must buy one book for my kids.

i think for u chosper - everytime you buy 2-3 books for your kids you shuld get some makeup or skincare! lolz

Cellow: Yes, we attended the SCO version of babies' prom last year (or was it earlier this year). It was close to the CNY period I think.

Celyn: The priority booking for babies' prom starts on 10 Sept. If you are thinking of borrowing the membership, unfortunately my hubby's membership has expired so he will need to get it renewed first. I will let you know after he gets it renewed.

Hi Vic Ma,

Book depository delivery is really crazy. I ever waited 6 weeks for my books to arrive, I also have an experience where 1 book came 2 weeks after order and the rest another 2 weeks later.

Hi Chlosper,

Heng this dangdang website is not convenient!!!! Do u like the brazilian brand of Melissa shoes? Something like crocs but much more stylish? I always buy from www.melissaaustralia.com website. U can follow crocs size, quite similar.

Back