(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

come to think of it... most of the babies here are talking already right... hhmm... my didi is still not talking!! he only babbles "mama" and "baba" and nothing else!! hhhhmmm... is there a need to press the panic button?

dazz,

C2 is not talking much, only when he needs to tell or ask smthing. maybe your didi Z also doesnt have much to say leh??

for the last 2 weeks, C2 parrots whatever an adult is saying to him. furrows his brows, thinks v hard abt forming his mouth so that the correct sounds come out. super cute la.

i had considered speech therapy for C1 before when he still did not talk at 20/21/22mo. went to look for a friend of friend who basically told me, so young cannot assess yet, if still not forming 2-3 word phrases by age 3, time to press the panic button.

but you will know by mummy instinct whether he understands you anot......? his receptive vocab might be good, just minimal expressive vocab only. (haha, now i sound like a speech therapist too.... i find it is easier to deal with these allied health professionals when i attempt to speak THEIR language)

i remember korkor start toking late too.. but cant remember exactly when did he started. hhmmm..... i believe he understands me because he does shake his head or nod when i ask him something but just no words from him lo. Not even "no". haha.. haiyoh... i should wait another year before pressing the panic button?

dazz

my lao da only started CC 2.5 yrs old & only 6 mths after then talked more - before taht also bables - every child is different too. but i am sure CC encourages a child to TALK earlier.

anotehr girl her age came in only 3.5 yrs old 1 yr later - not so much scentences tooStuck to my girl - ai yo now these 2 are teh chatterboxes of the class le - they have to SEPARATE them during class or the teacher canot teach & both of them cannot benefit/learn anything either.

I gave the teachers my blessings to separate them. meal times & play time ok - they are back together.

morning mummies

piglet08,

you must be persistent in whatever method you use for it to work. it will take them sometime to understand the concept, must be persistent.

maddie,

i never really think of that leh. i do leave them to cry and ignore them if they are naughty. after they calm down then i will hug them and explain what happen.

if they do fall or get hurt, i will carry and hug them loh and tell them its ok, they can learn from mistake and not to make the same mistake in future.

i'm not sure if these will make them independent or not.

as for didi, he is still so small. just carry him lah.

dazz,

i think boys are slower. you can start to worry later when he is 2 years old. he is in school now, he will pick up his speech, maybe not really word or sentence yet but you can tell the difference that he is trying to communicate.

yu ze is very slow in his speech that my pd wants me to send him for speech theraphy at 2 years old if things doesn't improve. in the end, we didn't send him cos i do see improvement after he joins cc. from totally/almost no words till i see him trying to make sounds (his own baby talk) till slowly it become more recognisable. even his teacher commented that he is improving in that sense.

he join cc when he can't speak and only word teacher can make up is 'play brown', he doesn't even know how to say papa and mama loh.

Good day Mommies,

Sorry to intrude..

I've recently did a private spree for Sambucol Black Elderberry for Kids (UK Version) and have some spares to go at $16.50 (excluding postage).

Kindly email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks,

Jess

Hi mommies,

When will the terrible-2 stage ends????? My gal is really testing my patience nowsadays, almost every morning acts up before going to school, then after take nap wakes up cry and whine. Haiz..... so irritating on my nerves and my temper will flare up. Luckily #2 is a chill-out boy, so at least i don't have an orchestra of crying at home!

morning mummies

ruru cat,

i don't think there is an end bah. now you think they are terrible, when they come to 3, there will be another set of problem for you loh.

Ruru,

I think there's no ending to Terrible 2 as in not so fast ba. TodO also going through this Terrible 2 stage, always throw his temper when he don't gets his way, keep pinching us or pull our hair!!!!! I try to stay cool most of the time btu at times when I'm so irritated, I will use rubber band and threaten him to stop all these acts. If he don't then sorry lor, the rubber bands will end up "piaking" on his tender skin. He used to be scared of cane but cause I nv caned him , always threaten only so now when he sees me lifting up the cane, he still continues but when it comes to rubber band, he is really scared because I do it if he don't stops his temper :p

Bbd,

I think maybe ard 4 ba. My niece used to be naughty when she's ard 2-3 yo then when slowly from 3-4yo, she became a lot better! I guess because they know how to talk to us (as in we understand their language) and they knowing what we are trying to tell them.

Celyn,

I hope I can be as firm as you really. Everytime after I "piak" TodO, I go softhearted and kiss him all over again telling him how much I love him and Papa Orangey will roll his eyes lol...

orangey

eh I also dont know but i guess for diff kids diff bah but one thing i know for sure is, if we dont mould their character now, the terrible stage will not end forever and will continue into teenage years etc etc.

todl knows perfectly that i am upset with him, he can even tell me mama is angry, though they can't process logic now, they can read our faces so he better know not to anyhow throw tantrum.

morn mummies!

Terrible Twos ...started early for me with new pattern emerging every few weeks ..trying to stay sane on top of all the whining & whatever..todE suddenly decided that crying is the way to go too! ...plus frowning hard at everyone he bumps into ...sigh ...'botox' for ah boy soon!

woofy

frowning? why he frown at people leh?

piglet

if it makes u feel better, todl is starting his phase of I dont want to go school this week. He told me he dont like school and dont want to go.

helper also told me he refuse to sit in the stroller and cry loh but once reach school he okie when teacher carry him. so its a phase just jia you come april okie.

more chanting to come [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning mummies

ruru: yup, terrible two is a misnomer. it starts early and ends late! i am also lucky my didi is quite placid. jiejie will cry and whine esp when didi cry then she start. whoever carry didi must carry her NOW. having said that, she also knows when we are angry and usually will say sorry.

anyone toilet training yet?

Maddie noted Heng Reached!!

TOilet training

I will wait for didi full day then i start to ask the CC teachers to train.

at home my maid is putting him on potty & sometimes he goes around diaperless.

maddie,

this lazy mummy refuse to toilet train, will leave the job to cc. will get cc to start when she is older like 2.5 years old or when she refuse to wear diaper. she is still cooperative in terms of changing diaper.

cos yu ze is still not toilet train for night, he tend to poo in the middle of the night and wake hubby up to change for him. he won't come to me to change cos he knows i will refuse to change for him and will make him sleep with his poo. :p had not done it but had warn him. i think he still dare not try.

Good afternoon mummies!

BB, Cellow, Celyn & Maddie,

I will jia you de! Must show YH that I am more persistent than her! lol. & now I am keeping up on some of Cellow's post in disciplining kids!

BB,

TodL is different cos h just started school not long ago rt?

YH behaves in a manner now whenever she knows I am dressing up for work, she quickly asked me to carry and hug so tight that at times I really find it difficult to breathe! It feels like she is strangling me! & Cheek to Cheek some more!

This morning when I wanted to leave her with my mom and go to work, she refused t let me go and was pulling my blouse so hard that she almost tore it!

Haiz.... I find that this behaviour is getting worse. She is really refusing her daddy to carry her too and I hope this will not break her daddy's heart when he sees such behaviour though right infront of daddy, I always tell her that daddy loves you alot and etc,....

piglet

must outlast them. he started school last week and this week he dont want to sit inside stroller le ahaha. but my MIL and helper just strap him in and off he goes to school.

todl has been refusing to let my hub carry him since dont know when but recently he is okie again after much talking. so i think its a phase lah ;) jia you.

BB,

I will try my best. Her behaviours make me fear of having #2 too! HAiz.

I can tahan this behaviour but just afraid she will breakher daddy's heart though DH knows she is still young.

piglet

its a phase, my hub's heart dont know break how many times liao hahaha [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

Hi mummies, I have three sets of Learning Vision boy uniforms (shirt, pants, polo tee and pe shorts) for sale. They are sized xs and almost brand new because we withdrew our son after two weeks. The original price was $80-90 and I'm selling each set at $70, neg. If you're keen, pls email me at [email protected] thanks!

I want to buy some work book for my #1 to start some home work soon - i saw at popular Kintergarten workbooks OMG!!!!!!! look like last time pri 3-4 worksheets lor!

Vic,

What kind of books is that? I am looking too but dunno which ones to buy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

vic vic,

nowadays standard very high loh. Kindy work is very chim liao. not like our time so easy. i see my nephew's P1 work n spelling, can faint. so chim.

Piglet

need to go popular & browse - must start easy & slowly work my way up.

you still have time - teach YH how to ujse crayon 1st motor skills & read to her. that is our tiger's age suitability now. (of course Ming's one is like on advanced)

i see the Kintergarten workbooks i also SCARED!!!!

I will start with those spelling for starters for English - picture of the thing then blank spaces for them to copy the word - in english & mandarin.

then spelling? - i have to fine tune as i go along as i yet to start i dunno the child's pace.

piglet u need to start with books 1st picture books with words. worksheet abit too early.

this age nearly 2 - more likely give crayon let them draw only?? i yet to see #2's craft work he brings home. I just tery to start with jie jie 1st.

I have drawing block at home as base material for me to do her home work .

but i must do with her think it works that way - not teh parents do. lol!

i have glue at home as well to stick things.

i just got a stencil to label the stuff we do, i have perm markers from bf days still can use.

Bring my Staedtler triplus roller set dry safe triangular colour pens home to give more colour to the work.

i want to get a HUGE fix on the table use hand wind handle pencil sharpener - but i scared too sharp for didi if left lying around le. hiaz

Can buy those Sesame street activites book. Got stickers to stick to correct and got coloring and match the correct pic kind! Love it but abit ex 1 bk about SG 13 :S

Hi Maddie,

Yah, it is a v looonnnggg terrible 2 phase, I need to up my patience level by a mile and more!!!

Toilet-training - vvvvv slow. After 2+mths of coaxing, my gal finally get used to the idea of sitting on a potty but so far i had never succeeded in getting her to pee in it. Now I let her go diaperless in the afternoon and let her pee in her shorts.

Hi Mummies.

Vicma: No lah, E is not that advanced. She just likes to talk alot. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] She likes to paint (i.e. make a mess) so we try and let her do it once or twice a week just before bath time. No harm done when we spread large sheets of mahjong paper around her. She is not that keen to learn the alphabet though. Maybe this mummy is just kiasu. Grin.

ming

i spoke to the principal she mentioned initially they dont learn ABC, its a theory that they learn speaking 1st - touch feel things, interaction, play, dance 1st.

so not a worry if they dont know abc initially i was told.

Vic,

Thanks for the info! Shall keep a look out!

Ming,

I agree with Vic, I feel TodE is very very advnaced lor!!! Can say something like 'E cannot eat sweet because will have toothache' something like that!

YH can only say 我不要!我要拿这个!or Yu Hsien 要拿这个. Seems like she can only conversate better in Mandarin than in English cos she spent most of the times with my parents. Should I be worried of her English?

Ruru: diaper less I only let her do on occasion. Mostly when he refuse to wear diaper. Haha. So far she refuse to sit on potty. I guess am stressing myself cos don't wanna buy XL diaper. Haha. I give up getting her to sit on potty.

I never get any workbooks or what at home lei. Get from where? Only borrow library books the board kind. She cannot tell what is abc tho she can sing the abc song. Counting also don't really get it lor. Everytime I ask her how many are there she will count 1-10.

kids really very clever now.. me n my hubby often says no to my girl, so now she didn't even bother to ask us to open things for her or do whatever for her, she will goes to her grandma or grandpa.. that makes me so fed up too..

now my girl is more attached to her grandma than me.. everything also nai nai this, nai nai that..

i just want to quickly move out!!!

vic: are the iherbs order confirmed?? else i'm thinking of getting them myself.. my girl seriously need to boost her immunity now.. back to school only 1 week, she's down with running nose again..

juye

ordered le on the way to SG - i expect another few more days to reach me then i can repost out immed.

address same right everyone?

the cheaper postage method for Iherb is international post which takes 10-14 days to sg standard provided no delays, order date 26th Jan.

please do not order on your own cos i have already paid for the items & ordered it on your behalf already.

Terrible twos. In addition to that I'm facing terrible mil! I feel things are reaching the nadir soon and please don't "test" how low I can get.

Workbooks I thikn they start mainly in Nursery? Thikn Pre-N1 and Pre-N2 mainly coloring? I know TodO's teacher told me that in Pre-N1, they will let them do more of abstract paintings and colouring to advance their knowledge to sense, touch and learn the different colors around them.

morning everyone.

up to my neck in work.... no time to think abt C1 and C2. except to get them out of the hse asap in the mornings so that i may start work!

chlosper,

haha, MIL stories are always aplenty. forum is safe place to vent.... so let out your hot air here.... then go back to your family and be nice to them [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

terrible 2s

i reckon when i look upon C2 as a person in his own right with his own wants and desires.... just not able to communicate v well.... the terrible twos are not that terrible.

mindset change for me. still learning.

Back