(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

1sttimepapa,

maybe he is sick of the food? change consistency? give him rice with soup, spag, mee sua etc? at times their taste bud change so want to eat more hao liao.

hee my son don't use bottle so i cannot answer u. i wish he can hold milk bottle and feed himself but alas he is spoon fed.

1st timepapa

my boy also take long to finish his lunch, get him toys or anything to distract him.

dun take hrs to finish food, no gd for their little body to have cold food

I think all children like junk food bah, yesterday my boy take a bowl n a fork sit on the stairs and have 2 pc nuggets

sometimes he cant finish, get him a pc of ice in cup n let him stir in it distract him he can finish the porridge fast

forget which mummy cancel her HK trip few mths back. u planning another trip to HK? when? me too cancel my HK trip but wanna bring mum go as promised.

other mummies can suggest which month is best to go

eva

its dazz who cancelled her HK trip [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

chlosper,

ignore is the key. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] they r not parents they will never understand so just be calm if it happens.

Chlosper: Thanks for offering your place. We would love to come [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I will bring dessert if it's on.

Reproducing the list started by Ruru:

Chips - 9 Oct

XLH - 8 Oct, 9 Oct and 6 Nov

GBH - 8 Oct, 5 Nov, 6 Nov

Ruru - 9 Oct, Nov date depends on my #2 due date but think should have given birth liao. Hee....

Ming - 9 Oct

Dazz: Saw your FB message while driving (dangerous practice I know). How much is involved in the dispute? Can lodge a complaint with CASE Or the small claims tribunal if the amount in dispute is less than 10k. Frankly speaking, if the amount in dispute is less than 10k, it is not quite worth it to engage lawyers to pursue the matter.

1sttimepapa,

I give my boy some distraction ( toy, key pouch, anything he finds fascinating ) when the feeding takes too long .

If the food flavor gets too boring after a while, i alternate with diff kind of food like mee sua, bee hoon with different ingredient like various veg n meat like fish, pork for more variety n flavor lor.

For bottle feeding, i started by guiding my tod's hands to hold the bottle...this will take some getting used to n needs to be regularly reinforced each n every time my tod drinks from the bottle be it water or milk.

Ming, sum involved is around 15k (based on their calculation). They went to CASE and CASE mentioned that they can only help to seek for refund. The problem now is, the ID refuse to refund. So CASE say, can only go for court proceedings.

Eva, *ouch* dun remind me of my cancelled trip please. =P

Chlosper (chlosper)

its hard to ignore esp if they are making hell of a noise & the rest of the plane will be staring daggers at u.

vic vic

mine dont suck tutu de since young wor. oops.

can ignore de... must go hummmmmmmm and close ur ears and eyes (in the mind).

chlosper,

if u are taking sq, its better cuase the air stewardness will help to pacify the kid with toys etc etc.

u still have to bring alot of things.

i went with SQ once & the screen of this little girl was spoilt - the mother - still had their own portable DVD player no worries - they gave them few hundred $$ vouchers to spend inflight shopping for the spoilt screen - Super COOL!

vic vic

yes that is why i love sq haha [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] pay a bit more for service [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my whole bag is full of goodies, toys, different type of drinks (in case water fail) LOL. kiasu?

yes with #1 i brought so much things as well & myself that time preg with #1 i brought so much snacks but end up bring to US - & had to eat there to try to finish - inflight snacks 24 hrs provided - very good service.

make friends with 1-2 air stewardesses - & be nice to them & then i keep asking them for things politely.

vic

ha.. the one i met on my outbound flight was very very good. i really like her a lot. there were 2 kids who were crying the whole nite literally (cause overtired) but she helped to offer the mum food, toy, on the tv for her etc etc and even help carry up and down. really thumbs up.

Thanxs all for your comment. Agreed that fed too long is not good n will cause wind in his tomach. Guess giving toys for distraction is good n think we're lazy n impatient parents in feeding him when we need to find toys to distract him everytime...may I know how many spoon of rice are u giving bb now?

yup spoons hard to measure la - iuts usually bowl size - around 400-500gm containers i have for keeping warm - he can finish 1 usually & 1.5 of that on good days.

1sttimepapa: My daughter takes about 1 chinese rice bowl of porridge with ingredients per meal. She is a slow eater as well and also requires lots of distractions. To keep her food warm, we leave the porridge in a thermos flask and top up her bowl after she finishes each round of food. She usually takes 3 rounds or so to finish the usual amount.

hi, just got back from KL. shack at the thought of going back to work tomorrow.

food: 1/2 to 1 bowl porridge depending on mood. else, half bowl of rice and 1 bowl of soup and stuff. will have 2-3 spoons and 2-3 bowls to change around and keep her interested. she eats best when she can feed herself and pretend to feed me. so far, no tv and no toys. play with cutlery and food containers. need to change around, always the same food lunch and dinner she will be sian and eat less.

drinking milk: bbd, you still spoonfeeding todL?? peifu! 1sttimepapa: ya, she can hold and drink herself, but when she stop, there is no way to make her finish already. it is 'bu yao, keep'

flight: ya, just ignore. the man we sat next to end up said she's very good already, better than his kids. no need to eat sweets. milk or biscuits also can. we had new small biscuits for her to take one by one.

Hi mommies,

Gathering at Chlosper's home (Mt Sinai)

Timing - 3-6pm

Chips - 9 Oct, 5 Nov, 6 Nov (Chips, u mentioned 8th Oct working?)

XLH - 8 Oct, 9 Oct and 6 Nov

GBH - 8 Oct, 5 Nov, 6 Nov

Ruru - 9 Oct, Nov date depends on my #2 due date but think should have given birth liao. Hee....

Ming - 9 Oct

How about other mommies? Vic Ma, BBdust, XLH, Dazz, Cellow and Celyn? Ehh, did I miss out anyone? So few regulars only meh? Hmmm.....

Hi 1sttimepapa,

I copied XLH's method and put any 'foreign' food on top of the porridge to distract my gal to eat. From cake to tofu etc etc, or else she just become a hamster and 'store' the porridge in her mouth for the longest time. She don't want to eat rice with soup, mee sua or noodle at all. Only porridge! But then eat until like sooooo slow. I also use DVD to distract her at home. I will let her watch dvd and also top up her porridge with breakfast cereal. Of course like ur son, she has no problem eating biscuits and other junk food!

i am very evil -i like to feed my #2 only when he is very hungry - then its such a breeze - only the end part of it - i hope he eats more - that is the challenge. cos he will be more interested to play liao- then its also ok in that sense while he is playing - he will forget & open his mouth accidentily HAHAH & i will be an opportunist!

hiding veg i need to do for my #1 - she ar - buay tahan 1 leaf also SCREAM like see cockroach like tat!

I wont be going to Chlosper's place as i have a tight schefule & #2 just MMR-ed need to monitor him. Nov 1st week my #1's school having concert & i need to help out hard for me to plan there yet. (& my driver is a damn lazy & anti social one - the drive's too far) & #2's 5-in-1 will be 1st week NOv too. - so busy man! please have fun wo me. i will surely miss the chatting & fighting kids hahah!

Vic ma - no choice. Unless I ask stewardess to offer them noise reduction earphones (?). Of course I'll try to control, but beyond that ... have to develop super thick skin.

I heard emirates is very good for kids. Lots of entertainment, photo taking session and special headphones.

My best experience was flight to Korea. Basically the passengers behind me took turns to entertain my boy. So he was happy all the way. Probably Koreans like kids and not too shy to play with them. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re food - depends on his mood. But he takes about 300g each meal (oops). And lots of snacks (yoghurt, cheese, milk, biscuits in between). We are trying to "train" him to eat at dining table, just like adults. Note the word trying!

Party - would I confuse all if I say 29 Oct is another ok date for me? Otherwise 9 Oct seems popular from the reply. Will wait till tomorrow evening to confirm the final date.

ruru cat,

i will confirm only when the final date is confirm. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

I see food is the latest topic? ToddB doesn't like her porridge anymore n doesn't sit at her high chair during meal times. She walks up n down everywhere! I dunno how to get her to sit still. Only when she's eating our food then she will sit in her high chair. Mine eats like her tummy is a bottomless pit but milk sometimes she din finish. Not like last time she will finish to the last drop. But overall shes still drinking well. She's considered small boned size but tall but she eats non stop! Always asking fir fruits or her bb snacks or bread! N that can be sometimes immed after a full meal! I ever asked pd if ok. He said at this age, they will know when they r full n will stop if dun want. But my gal seems to only show tt a few times. Most of the times she asking for food! Y like tt? Anyone exp this?

1sttimepapa,

I usually give my gal 1 bowl of porridge for one meal. Mine holds her own milk bottle since 4mths plus if I rem correctly. N I nvr offer to take for her unless in carseat n I gotta tilt it up for her bcoz she doesn't quite understand must tilt up to get the milk when in an upright position. Ur boy still need u to hold his bottle?

chlosper,

eh sorry dear, would love to go but all dates I won't be in sg [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i am flying every alternate week

ruru, sorry ah. din reply. 9th oct i cant. Got something on. As for Nov, i'll confirm if there's a confirm date corz now got travel plans in mind but not sure confirm anot. thanks for remembering me! =D

rurucat, chlosper,

i have smthing on for 9 oct - the bb loves disco party! (yes gbh i m going)

so have fun. dun wait for everyone to be avail. just gather a few when you can!

C2 is 18mo today [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ming,

i thought i saw you and Mr Ming and E on Sunday attending the Sesame St live concert. but paiseh to call out to you from a few rows back.

was it really you?

gbh,

i have the same bottomless pit in my home [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

overall tis a good problem. better than having to do various monkey tricks to entice them to eat.

Cellow: Yes! That was us! Should have said hello to us. Did the boys enjoy the show? E got sleepy towards the end and started crying so we had to carry her out. So ke lian though, we told her to wave bye bye to Elmo and she started crying harder while mumbling "bye bye elmo".

ming,

I brought C1 as it was C2's naptime.

C1 was more interested in the lights display of flowers, numbers etc.

SSO Babies Prom held his attention from start to finish. Sesame St did not. I think Sesame St is prob more suitable for older children.

Another good concert we caught recently was the "Fiesta of Animals" by the SCO. Same concept as the SSO Babies' Prom but with Chinese instruments instead. E enjoyed that and I was pleasantly surprised to see many caucasian kids in the audience with their parents. Look out for it next year if they hold it again.

Xlh: sorry wasn't in office these few days so cannot use computer. I never been to clubmed phuket but I heard pretty good. Think someone from our forum went before, Maddie???

1sttimepapa: think u are not the only one facing problem feeding our kids now.. I've given up trying different method of distracting my girl to finish her meal. She can take 1hr to finish half a bowl of porridge. And yes, they love snacks now.. so I will choose to give her healthy snacks. But one thing good is that my girl likes to eat fruits, so sometimes if she doesn't want to eat her proper meal, I will give her more fruits.. no problem for milk, she will lie down on the floor or bed to drink her milk herself.

Bbd: u flying alone or with ur boy?? Every alternate weeks ah, so tiring.. so what's ur plan of going there too??

hi mamas, I have 6 pairs of boys shoes for age about 2 to 2.5 years. For giveaway.

All decent condition and about 3 pairs of them are rather expensive. If you are interested to take a look at the pictures please email me.

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested. Can meet up at southwest, city or toa payoh areas.

xlh: yup, i went to clubmed phuket. HJ went after that. was good, kid friendly and no need to worry about food. wait for the 50% or 1 for 1 deals. more worth it like that.

bbd: where yr hb go and for how long? you fly alone with ah boy? all the best! but after going every other weekend, you will be pro already lo.

went to see pd today. pd laugh at me when ask whether she's eating well. said at this age, they need very little one. they will know when to eat. ok lor. also ask him need to see dentist he say no need. HJ will prob want to strangle him.

Party

Date - 9 October (sun)

Time - 3-6 pm

1. Chips

2. Xlh

3. Ruru

4. Ming

5. Chosper

Please indicate pax next to your name (eg 2A, 1T). Thanks.

Cellow,

I can't go to the bb disco too alrdy! ToddB got BJG class on every Sunday.

Chlosper,

Will love to meet u mummies again! But all Sunday afternoons r now occupied. Do post pics though!

Back