(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

ming

my nephew got into henry park within 1km and no balloting [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yes we are considering that school too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

vic vic

maris stella is a bit difficult cause within its vicinity not many estates [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my friend's sons are all in that school due to church affliation [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sign up for PV is it? depends on the school, the more popular ones u need to sign up very much earlier, just need to check the school webby for updates.

maybe for #2 if i scared i might PV lor - hmm which church affiliated too - i go check out hahhah!

cannot la i not catholic! definately affiliated is Catholic church one.

vic vic

if u are catholic must ask the pastor to write letter loh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] actually i also dont know which church cause i never ask.

i rather do PV cos i not catholic lor.

my brother, male cousins & 2 male maternal side uncles ALL from Maris.

non stop - flag day - donation cards, walkajog donations - alot of $$ activities la.

then one person got the card -cannot ask around the family - cos other family also got card to fill up. damn funny.

if #2 goes in - here we go again!

Wah hot topic today is primary school? Stressing me out!

Tao nan I'm in 1-2km ... But I'm in the clan so maybe I have to shift to be within 1km ... And might have to ballot too?

Hubby from St Stephen ... Got affliation to St Pat and SJI .. Thinking that might be better but I know it's not a v good sch ... Good pt is my IL just stay pop the school ...

Or just go Tanjong Katomg Primary School ....

HJ

Within 1km, phase 2B onwards got to ballot for tao nan. for the past few years it requires balloting. that is why i say my chance is as good as zero unless i really very very heng with the balloting, i rather not take the risk.

ha go trip tmrow and not pack ah.. aiyoh aiyoh.

Bbd: radin mas.

Would prefer girls school but cannot imagine doing pv two times! So still haven't decide. Who knows in 5 years time what will happen.

radin mas is good according to KS parents hahha!

i met someone whose kid goes to that school -they give pte tuition on PM to the children to keep up the standard - its like FREE tuition le! good lor.

bbd

not yet le so busy - i just kept it only cos i just wiped the bag not long ago kekek!

the colestrum is EXPIRED ones i bot for Vicky last last time la. sayang lor got one new sealed bottle le - so i eat myself lor - if LS also good la - i constipate mah abit. hahah

keep jkeep keep until forget - so now i put all supplements in one place to reduce the risk or expiration. now didi got 2 bottles spare expiry 2012 I dare not keep more than 2 spares except jie jie's sambucoal (1 bottle 3 weeks - i usually have 4 bottles spare)

vic vic

good idea to keep all together lah then use marker mark big big the expiry date [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hj,

no stress no stress.

you asked on fb what is the VAT rate in UK yes. tis 20% standard rate, 5% reduced rate for some goods (eg children car seats) and zero rated for most food items, books/newspapers/magazines and (most impt for us...) children's clothes!

i opted for VAT refunds on my credit card which came through in Aug from my late Jun trip. you will see queues snaking its way around the VAT refund airport counter... these are the kiasu pple who want cash refunds so that they can spend more pounds at the airport terminal.

cellow .. Ya no stress .. Tmr night den fly mah still got time haha. And I'm working tmr morn still. So hardworking!

I prob do my refund via CC too... Can't be bothered to queue for cash!! Only know where we are going from pt a to pt b ... Dunno what to do in between yet except legoland!

morning!

what a nice day to sleep in. yawn.

hey question. after you become a mum, do you find yourself re evaluating how often you see your frens based on how they treat (or ignore) your children?

i went out w some of my old frens for Fri dinner and had Sun dinner with one of Mr C's frens who was visiting fm his hometown. some of my frens just naturally entertained the children. i was pleased to have time to eat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

in contrast. Mr C's fren (a single guy) was only too happy to horse around w the boys. being childless, he did not really not know when to stop the roughhousing... and provoked C1 into a meltdown midway through dinner. however he was apologetic abt it almost imm.... perhaps Mr C and he will go out by themselves the next time he is here, instead of lugging me and the boys to dinner.

cellow: me same as bbd.. most of my friends are not married, so if going out with them, i wouldn't bring my girl and they know i'm busy with my girl, they hardly ask me out too.. only when i ask them out, then we meet up..

oh bbdust,

then it is not they do not want to see you. but rather do not know when you are avail to see them now that you have L....

my frens tell me, they assume (rightfully i might add!) that the boys are now my first priority and they are happy for me to initiate calls and meetups. but they wont call me.

since the change happened on my end, it is really up to me to make the first move to reconnect.

juye,

tis the same for me. i have to organise stuff and ask pple out.

cellow

hee okie lah one of them told me before since u are married, i wont be contacting u anymore. LOL. its okie i still connect with them as much as possible [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sorry to interrupt.

Oh, what a noisy zoo tickets.

=============================

May I know if any Mummy has 4 tickets on 23 Oct, Sunday, 11am that you are willing to exchange with me? I'll be most grateful for that. Or else I will just have to sell these 4 tickets and my kids won't get to watch the play. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I'm willing to meet you anywhere to do the exchange. THANK YOU!

Please PM me for my hp.

mummies

when u bring out 2 portions of porridge (lunch and dinner) out to feed ur tod, what brand of containers u use ah? any advice?

I am thinking of buying another one so that I can bring 2 portions out instead of 1.

BB dust

I bot this one from nichebabies under her rachael Hue fb.

http://www.nichebabies.com/product.php?id_product=15

this 470ml nearly can put 500ml can last 7 hrs HOT unlike the usual ones 5 hrs hot.

I bot it at a promo price of $46 before postage - you can also self collect at AMK if you wish.

for $46 hor stores are selling the smaller one around 300ml. her listed $65 but discounted to $46-48 is well worth buying. I had it for about 9 mths already - my helper loves it - cos she can cook alot of lunch feed & keep in this container for dinner & its still very hot.

say you cook cook ready by 10am & pop it in - by 6pm at night it will still be hot. - sometimes i end up at my mum's place over the 7 hr mark - i just steam it up again - if ever i am out so long.

my old one also from thermos is only 5 hrs - so sometimes on sundays my maid will cook 2 portions & she will go off for her day off & i will use the 5 hrs one 1st for lunch, then leave the 7 hrs one for later.

bb dust

you actually reminded me i should give didi more home cooked foods- the other day we went to MOF & ended up so thirsty & woke with headache - me & my MIL lor.

imagine poor kids le msg in their small little bodies. - i close one eye la & try to give more plain rice & less seasoned looking outside food when i no choice - sometimes just weekend take a break ba - he also sian of he same food everyday. ( i self console hahha! )

good morning ladies - Iherb is having free shipping till the end of the month.

if you have at least US$40 can make a box for you under 1.8kg -more than that it will be DHL US$8-9 onwards.

my code is LIG130 or you can also ask Orangey for her code. 1st timers get US$5 off (i hope the US$5 off 1st timers also coincides with this promotion of free shipping!) (i must say 1st - i get 4% of your purchase as rebates in my account when you use this code - so just use it for the 1st time to get US$5 off if u dont want me to get rebates)

back in office.

cellow,

i seldom meet up with friends. its more of yu ze's thread mummies cos we had become good friends and the kids get to play together too. my own friends, we only meet during parties or when i call up. cos we only have weekends and its always pack with activities of our own, quite hard to meet up too.

last time, my friends are not married. now married with kids (mostly around or below 1 year old), we also seldom meet.

Friends

most of my friends go out with their kids - to play grounds - its something i dont go to - so i never meet up.

I am planning to shake off the lazy bones & bring the kids cycling once a month & swimming once a month so that my hb & i can work our hearts out - no exercise le - very unhealthy.

vic ma,

hubby don't like those in door playground so we seldom go there too. he prefer those outdoor activities such as park which my friends don't like. they prefer indoor, stay away from sun.

i'm buried with work!! argh!! somemore all so messy!!

i seriously think i need to revamp their MCs & leave system.. i got MCs not accounted for and got alot of missing MCs.. this is so crazy!!

my friends are still willingly to go out with me lar.. just that not so often liao..

slowly my close gfs are starting to have kids.. so i think we will have lots of fun with kids the next time we meet up.. then i got to think of more baby friendly places liao..

Back