(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

Philips is organising a weaning talk on 26 June 10 am. It's $10 per couple for family rewards members. Can redeem using points. Goodie bag worth $60 to be given out.

Anyone interested?

Gbh,

I thought that it was only in the eng/chi/math sets. You see this post by Username: v_ni Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 2:32 pm above.   

ruru celyn

nursing room sharing

yes but please try to use a nursing bib for places like taka asp when u have japanese ladies they are very shy - & sometimes they will bring along an older kid who might go in & our of the room & could be a boy or accidentily leave the curtains open.

& u know the taka rooms are such that daddies can also walk pass the nursing room to the washing /dustbin area lor.

Celyn,

that's shld be a sign that he is feeling insecure by #2's existence? Maybe explain to him (which u already did) and let him know u still love him as much as before?

Maddie,

Agree with you. No prob sharing the room with other mothers needing to bf. But the room must be big enough and have enough seats for all. The vivo one that we both went simply cannot make it. Next time will check out the one that Xiang mentioned. I like going to Vivo but if their nursing rooms like that I will think twice about going.

So far I have been to the following:

Tangs orchard - 2 private rooms each with own diaper changing station and hot water dispenser. Downside is if 2 mommies are nursing then 3rd mommy wanting to change bb's diaper only will not be able to go in.

Isetan Scotts - nice and big area but can be madhouse during sale. Plus with only 2 nursing cubicles have to wait a long time. Good thing is there's a bench outside the 2 rooms so can bf there with nursing shawl.

United Square - Excellent! At least 3 rooms and many diaper changing tables. Bench seats available and high chairs for feeding toddlers as well.

Expo - make shift style. 3 cubicles with broken door locks. Mai hiam then ok.

Centrepoint - nursing room is for sharing, enough for 4 mommies to nurse comfortably. But must bring nursing cover cos room is cold and when the door opens might get exposed. Bench and diaper changing stations outside.

Raffles city - smaller than centrepoint's but same concept. Nursing room is for sharing but only 2 mothers can bf at any one time and stroller has to be placed outside in the diaper change area.

Anyone knows if Ikea Alexandra has a nursing room? The diaper changing room is at the toilets near the restaurant and was so stinko I brought my girl to the car instead.

My 7 week old bb has gone out shopping many times :p happy to go out, downside is sonedays I spend more time in nursing rooms than shopping!

i so tired bb cried abit more than usual.

from 1.45am my last pump till 12.40pm i pumped

OMG my record pump but cheating one la since so long gap - 430ml!

i had to wake cos of nei nei pains!

BB dust,

I too much problem in mind til I going mad.. lucky my boy cooperative ever since he is born.. else facing his cries I wil end up in woodbridge[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4095710.png]

milk tea updates

those who want please indicate cos wef 1st july no more foc international shipping liao cos of increased shipping costs i just received this email from iherb.com

so maybe we can do 2 batches of milk tea before the mth is over to enjoy foc shipping still

$7.20/bag inclusive of [postage think limit to 2 batches since i will be going back to work.

batch 1

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

batch 2

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4095724.gif] mummies...

at least u all got something to keep u occupy hheee although nite time alwys got to wake up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4095725.gif]

BB dust,

mine is serious problem.. after so many obstacles seem nv go off 1 by 1 come n find me..

bottomless problems within, surfacing n stressing me..

I really need to [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4095812.gif]

Syz, do u go shopping alone? I went alone yesterday but realized cannot I cannot go pee cos have to leave her outside the cubicle.

syzygy6,

never been to the Isetan Scotts nursing room during sales period.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

maddie,

I do go shopping alone. Only the disabled toilet can accomodate the pram.

Talking abt disabled toilets.. realised that Suntec had 'renovated' their toilets.. it become smaller and they combined the disabled toilet into the main toilet. You can imagined the crowd of ladies who are waiting to use the toilet, how can the wheelchair goes into the main toilet?

i was about to bring my stroller put my carseat & put my baby in car seat & toddler next to me & drive around 10 km to city hall shopp & wait for hb for dinner. ARRGH!!!

then i called my dad to HELP! haha!

ya Xiang is right my friend also taught me push stroller into handicapped toilet. so u cannot wait until very urgent then go hor incase must wait i know singaporeans lor.

once i even pee in the last cubicle & left the door ope - in front is wall la. leave my bb in stroller in front of the cubicle so i can see my bb. i very bu fang xin the baby one lor.

even now if i need to pung sai in public toilet & with my girl - i will bring her in to smell mummy's PUT! no choice. better than get lost or what lor.

maddie

i just watched grey's anantomy MIO tv. the doctor wore an adult diaper for the surgery cos expected to be more than 10 hrs. hahah! but gosh we so biug butt liao still must wear diaper!!!

Hi Mrsm,

I intend to bring my gal for gymboree class when she turns abt 6mths. They also have interactive class for babies but I feel abit too kiasu and could be a washout if baby cries halfway thru class. I got a chance to observe a lesson conducted for a mommy with her v young baby, hmm.... can DIY at home also. Hee...

The purpose of going for gym class is not so much to improve her motor skills but to wear her out so she can sleeps better at night? Now my gal will sleep around 7+pm and will guai guai drink milk and then fell asleep again after that all the way until around 4am (with 1-2 feeds inbetween, but just drink and fall asleep one), then siao liao, 4+am will cry and become cranky.

Any bb is like mine? Any remedy?

Vic Ma,

sent you an email re milk tea.

Maddie,

haven't gone shopping alone but if i do will pee before going and hold till I'm back. Very bad but bo pian. But now reading about handicap toilet will prob use when desperate. (I can hold pee type cos dislike using public toilet... Only during pregnancy no choice have to use so often)

Ruru cat,

my bb will have one 5 hour interval during the night followed by one feed where she will fall asleep immediately for 3 hours. After that, cranky liao. So the duration like yours but my start and end time varies from 10-midnight and 7-9am.

Mrsm,

I haven't thought about classes, prob go for baby gym. Going to start with flashcards.

Ruru

to wear then out so they can sleep better at night? Not sure if mine is a happy problem then. My boy can't sleep from 10am onwards. Until about 8pm. After that he'll sleep thru with some feeds in between. I'm trying hard to get him to nap in the day but to no avail. Once he's down on his cot, he'll wake up immediately and cry. And he needs lots of entertainment. My nanny and I are so tired talking, carrying, playing with him. Even my iPhone is used. To flash some cards and music!

Re enrichment classes. My husband is thinking of gymboree. I heard if you are eyeing weekend slots, better start enquiring if there are slots available.

Talk about kiasu, well. My husband has already signed up for pre nursery (2013) at st james kindergarten. 4 sessions are full and we have no choice but take the last session which is 11am at Leedon Campus. Interesting right? We suspect people signed up once birth certificate is collected. The length parents do for their children.

hi vicma,

did i post tt i rec the MIM items alrdy? im still suffering from preggie brains.. guess its a permanent thingy???!!! anyway i rec the stuff in good condition, thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi 1sttimepapa,

Just go to the fisherprice section at the toys department and sweep everything off the rack. Hahaha...

Honestly, I am using toys that have bright music and colour so that my gal is attracted to them.

maddie,

re nepia diapers,

i find nepia ok but when comes to poo always leak one leh.. like machiam cannot contain the poo.. will leak a bit at the legs or the poo will come up all the way to my gal belly button!

mamy poko is so far the best tt i think.. even better than pampers.. no leak at all.. last time i used pampers sometimes will leak too... but maybe size issue last time so im going to give pampers a try again n review n see...

Thks mummies! Wat do they do at gymboree? Wat abt kindermusik? I also heard of julia gabriel.. Hmm still cant decide..

Re: Fully booked centers

im also worried abt this issue.. But still nt sure where to send my boy lei..

celyn,

re: milk thawing, thanks for your reply. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mommies,

can check whether we can let bb drink our bm if took the running nose med (small yellow tablet)?

fashionable babes

need some help in this dept.

Being us size 14-16 i think more us16 now. Abt 1.63m tall. What would u recommend looking ok. Sometimes i shop wo anyone i am getting clueless.

Besides guidelines i not sure is they are right

cap sleeves are even wors than sleeveless

cannot wear sleeveless cos my arms are huge

stick to dark colours

pencil cut for skirts more flattering than flare which is too young for a mid 30 yr old.

Small patterns instead of big prints

empire lines ok?

Snug clothes but not body hugginh

avoid look to large clothes

what abt med heavier fabrics better than too flowy materials?

I know also i look horrid in chiffon.

hi mummies,

I got a brand new set of Avent DUO ISIS IQ breast pump to let go.. US set, BPA free, never used before de. DO PM me if you interested ya.. Thanks

Hi Vic Ma,

Hmm... fashion tips har, here's goes:

1. I feel that for ladies with big arms, sleeveless can still be worn but try to wear as thin a shoulder strip as possible (spagetti strap instead of thick strap) so that visual display of flesh takes the attention away from the arms.

2. Sleevless should be avoid if arms are huge AND flabby. I think we mommies all have v toned arms due to carrying our babies. hahahhaha....

3. Capsleeves should only be avoided if the lady has v straight and bulky shoulder frame, as the capsleeves will 'blow up' the upper body even more visually.

4. Dark colours in general will slim down a person visually - 100% agree

5. Pencil cut size is ideal only for ladies with nice proportional body. Imagine for my case, my hip is wide and flat, pencil cut size is a big no-no for me. I will usually go for A-line cutting, more forgiving.

5. Empire cut clothes are ok as long as the lower part of the clothes (below the bust area) is not too flowy, then we look pregnant.

Hi mrsm,

I think at gymboree class, the kids just have fun? Hee.... I think the gym conducts music and art class as well, but for 6mths babies, I think just simple exercises to stimulate their brain and to improve motor skills?

Not too sure also, I took the brochure, will check it out and let u know what is available.

i try to cut away #1's midnight feed again today. he wake up and ask for milk and i just pretend to sleep and didn't make for him. he didn't cry as badly as yesterday. just keep asking persistently for about 6-8 times bah with break in between. he finally fall asleep and i can pump now. last pump as about 6 hours ago loh. hopefully, tomorrow night will be better and i can really wean him off this midnight feed.

ruru

i really wished sometimes shops had some fashion advisor at least tell u what looks OK on u or not.

after i had my 1st child i only shopped with hb & most of the time he will be outside with my girl & i had a heart to heart talk to him once cos he tot my girl will be nausance so bring her out. I need his advise lor cos since gave birth to #1 abit fatter liao alot of clothes also dont look so good. & i no time to go shop with my mum she dont like to go to town. & i dont really meet friends to shop - so sad hor?

agree my hips are big too

http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/b55366928?u=orangebear68

u think this is nice? i just ordered cos it looks abit special but not yet end of BP yet i can still change. my mum would say at least i have some height else fat & not so tall (she saying herself la) would be worse.

but i am now even fatter than before!

i am considering pumping more just to lose wt le.

celyn i feel like training bb to sleep in his cot now instead sleep with me.

oh my my bb stretched so much just in his sleep and gave a loud fart. as loud as adults. and then smiled! wah biang!!!

Vic ma, yes yes please do it now. The earlier you do it the easier it is. My boy had been sleeping in his room in the cot himself since 2 months old. My girl now is from 1 month. Its only from beginning of this year that my boy starts to wake up again at 3am to drink milk and look for me. therefore he sleep with me from 3am.

Hi vic ma, wow. The skirt looks sexy. Actually i quite like it too but it seems abit short... how do i measure the length of the skirt and which BP is this from?

On BM supply. Actually my supply been dropping due to less frequent pumping as baby gets more alert so more difficult to find time to pump. Now if i dun pump for 5 hours the quantity is not much different compare to if i pump 8 hours interval.. Not sure if i should take the Nursing Tea to increase supply also as the freezer section in my fridge has no space to store milk already... Not willing to get a freezer as it takes up space leh... hmm..

Vic ma, the skirt look quite short lei. Also the ruffles on the right side will make my hips look even bigger.

Lucida. I bought a chest freezer n put in my living room. My freezer no space for adult food n after half my milk defrosted from maid not closing freezer door properly, I decided not to take any chances anyway.

Celyn, do u use baby monitor? I find then I will only be able to hear her when cry very loud lei. Now when she make 1-2 ehh sound I jump up to heat her milk liao. I was planning to move my gal to own room at 6 months to a year but dunno if that will be harder.

maddie,

its harder to move them to sleep on their own when they are used to have you around. i have a baby monitor. i find sleeping without them in my room, i sleep better even though i have to wake up to pump. with them in my room with me, it seems like i never get to sleep the whole night at all cos every little sound they make will sort of disturb me.

i think by 6 months, they are more aware of the surrounding and people liao so could be harder to move them. sometimes, its you who can bear to leave them alone and end up they become PR in your room loh.

Hi Vic Ma,

Can wear the skirt, but buy abit bigger in size so that skirt hangs on hip and not so high up on the waist (which will emphasize the hip area even more). The top if u can, wear a snug top with some details so that visually people will focus on the top and take in the skirt as a whole image rather than zoom in on the skirt only. I had been in the fashion industry for 6years, so I know abit lah. Paiseh if sounds like teacher like tt. Hee...

Ehh... I loves shopping alone (even w Hb, he also no comments unless too transparent or too low cut or too short). Hee....

Hi Celyn,

U are right! I will not go into deep sleep mode as I seem to be alert to all the sounds that my gal made, thus I feel like shit every morning. Sigh.....

I should be moving house in 2months time, so I guess I must explore the option of bb sleeping alone.

ruru my hb prefers lower cut but i always been a big girl!! faints lor

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4018072.html?1276179580#MT

the skirt form orange plus url. the others i am not sure - but u need to know some mandarin to get thru the webpages - i need yahoo's babel fish to help me with the size translations!!

its more work going thru alot of pages lor BUT its clearly cheaper.

other BPs actually translate for u in a nice blog or picasa photo webby so they mark up as well la - sometimes i decided that those - like lobang baby & mickeyboy's translation better picks -prettier clothes i just buy from them save me trouble of possibily going thru 35 pages each page 50 items & sometimes alot of items not nice one lor.

mickeyboy's choices are nicer - but she is fulltime working mum so - your items might take a while to come in 3-4 weeks after the BP closes but i think that's still fine la.

lucida i tot the patter is interesting cos sg pay more & the same boring designs. dont get me wrong places like toapayoh also got designs - but i feel sometimes these places "overdesign" put too much things on the clothes make them ending up looking like hobo the clown haha! :p

i bot from all 3 sellers before i think their suppliers around the same - quality for mickey boy & lobang baby seems better. lao jie's one depends on the choice u make. for the price the quality of the material is acceptable i feel la.

Back