(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

Lucida, my girl also starting 7th week gained 1.6kg since birth.

Vic ma, really got chunks of flesh drop out?? But still got lots of milk la good for u!

I am having a headache training my new maid. This my first ever maid so not sure how to do. She also the kind dunno but dowan to ask, just ka ka do then all wrong. I so angry also must control cannot scold so much. Aargh.

Crayon: We use coconut husk mattress for her cot and latex for her playpen.

Full month cakes: Anyone had a bad experience with Sweetest moments? We are using them for man yue and they have been most disappointing so far. I had to chase them for the baby card design to review and when they finally sent it over, the parents' names were completely wrong. Clearly the designer just cut and pasted from another order. I was also assured before that I will get an sms when the design is emailed over so I will know to check my email. The sms never came of course and when I called them to highlight the errors as well as to say that there was no sms notification, I then got an sms at 4.49 p.m. purportedly informing that the card design has been sent to me and asking me to confirm the design by 5 p.m today. Such poor service! I would change vendors if I have more time but I am stuck 'cos my baby's man yue is this Sunday.

Sorry to vent but I just wanted to share my experience.

celyn i should meet u there! I got card. They dont really check if u used the vouchers how many times. Just dont use it at the same transaction.

dreamababy, yes, can quote my nick. She knows, coz I introduce many colleagues to her, and they all like her service and product. Basically honest coz for any defect, she willing to change lo, not like other seller in the forum, not allow exchange and didn't even allow us to complain. Price wise is reasonable and cheap. Like rompers, where to find 100% cotton romper at $5. I saw in forum for same piece same brand hor, some selling at 9.90 or 8.90. Imagine the margin. I go for basic stuff la basically.

BB grows fast, and not nice to look in big piece of apparel, but to buy just nice, easy grow out even before few wear, also i wished to dress up my girl as my #1 boy hor, can't have chance, always shirt and shorts, soooo boring. My hb said I take revenge now. Who cares, I got own income but spend wisely la. She sells at $10 for 2, and 10% discount, means only $4.50 for a romper, with free delivery above $30. So, me and colleagues do collective order lo. So, i got 1 dozen from her and easy to wear at home and even out grown, not heart pain. Some for gifts. I got a nice one from her for full month. See link below. The size i got is 12M, just nice for my girl at full month. The idea is to wear the top as dress now and when she is growing, can put on the pants, so meaning this set can wear until 1 yr old. You just ask her if got discount, coz i remember i get this set at $12.50 only. ;)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_l_Ae4zEyXzU/S6h3chWOk5I/AAAAAAAADEs/IqCDnWC0YV8/s1600-h/Laura+Ashley+15.jpg

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3976695.jpg]

My bb also splits a lot when burping. Checked with PD, she said just to carry her up right for 15 mins to 30mins, then is alright after feeding. So, practicing that and now ok. Sometime realy like merlion lo, throw out so much and so forceful, till 1 foot away. Then she feels not full hor, she will ask for more, then have to add like 10ml or 20ml, then she can sleep, else very cranky.

ming

same thing happened w my wedding invites le heng just review version. Put my name as bride but the groom's name is someone i dont even know!

Ming8110, Oh dear...hw come like tat. so far i hear only gd reviews..prob biz too gd, got confused. Tink u better confirm ur orders wif them again prior Sun. im also gonna get my cakes frm them. Hope nothing goes wrong. All the best for ur full mth party tis Sun!

Brandedfans, yr bb soo cute..looks very satisfied. ;p

celyn, juski22, ming8110,

I see. I am planning to get a new mattress for my the other cot. Dunno which is better to get.

brandedfans,

Your bb's top is nice. Very economical to wear it as dress now and top as later. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

crayon

the 1st yrs has a coconut husk one which i tot not too bad sun-able. Latex cannot sun lor. The material will harden and crumble and spoil if u sun.

One thing i agree with my friend who suggested. Cos bb pee leaks or what for hygiene purposes good to change mattress often (unless u got a delphin or rainbow vacumme cleaner la) good to just throw every few yrs . Cos pee and dampness can attract bacteria growth long term. And dead skin invisible to eyes attract what's those insects again? Those tt feed on our dead skin? Dust mites?

If u hv heard a super vaccume cleaner ssales pitch. Its dust mites's faces tt is bad for us causing breathing problems dunno what what keke.

All the things to make parents spend to protect our kids.

few k on vaccume cleaner vs change bb's mattress often 2nd solution sounds cheaper and kinder on pocket

Any mummies experiencing bleeding again? I don't know if its menses or its the postnatal bleeding clearing up again. No pain though.. and I don't have any PMS symptoms!

My bleeding stops on my 4th week then this week it came back. Wonder if this is normal?

orangey ... i had bleeding again on week 6 and i am breastfeeding. it stopped initially at week 3. I called gynae and he don't think that is menses but should be postnatal bleeding. it stopped after 2 days again.

Orangey: mothers doing bf will tend to have irregular menses. Can come and go one or some mothers will experience no menses when bf.

celia

i like pampers comfort...its very good and affordable. looking for s size.

dreamababy

bb will sleep thru the night in months to come. dun worry. my #1 special timing was 2 am for quite some time. i also started he will never sleep thru the night. then slowly the timing got earlier and earlier and now he dozes off before 10 pm.

i dun subscribe to training babies cos they go thru diff phases and keep on changing. i find training them easier and more permanent after they are 1 yrs. but we hv to be consistent in a lot of issues that we believe in. but things like fixed sleep timings, meal timings, etc will take time. no stress, you'll get there in time.

jaundice

today my boy still had jaundice and i brought him to PD. my PD was not worried at all. he said it will clear. as long as there is weight gain, poo colour is normal (yellowish) and bb acts normal we dun hv to worry. puts my mind at ease. he told me bb has BM jaundice but stressed to me that i should just keep on feeding and don't think of stopping. it seems their liver is immatured and that causes BM jaundice. it will get better in time. puts my heart at ease. my pd was a senior at kkh before he joined the paediatric centre, so he's very experienced. good advise from him, just to share.

i was no very close to my dad. however, for the past 2 days, he has been on my mind the whole day. *sigh*

celia,

everyone is different. some continue to have menses though they tbf and have lots of ss. some don't have menses till they stop. for me, my menses came when my boy was about 8/9 months old bah. i'm still bf then too.

ming8110,

i have no problem with them. did receive the sms for the artwork too. use them for 2nd time liao, no issue at all.

vic ma,

you got go shopping? me alone with #1 and baby, where got time to go out.

Dear mummies

I bought too many sessions of abdomen candle wax massage at Gimen and wanted to let go some sessions. Good for those who just gave birth and wanted to remove wind in the womb. Please email me at [email protected] as i seldom go to smh.

Usual price is S$80 / session.

10 sessions = $400

20 sessions = $700

30 sessions = $1000

celyn

#1 is cc. I can go w #2 if i desparate. He is my pump. But sian hor.

I see some mums go out w toddler no extra bag and thier own handbag so small can fit diaper also faintz.

I cannot tahan i go out must bring alot of things.

Hi Dreamababy,

Oh my gosh! Ur girl really got alot of energy leh! 3am in the night then sleep! Gosh, I can really imagine how tired you are everyday.

Is it a new phase that started recently? If yes, then dont worry, it will pass. Just hang on there.

Hi ladies,

The colic drop really works! My gal has been crying around 6+pm every night this week, and I finally started giving her this colic drop and her crying has lessened, thank goodness.

Hi ladies,

I also received the Robinson's $5 voucher. Just browse thru the catalogue and throw away. I want to go but confirm no time to go shopping. Even got time, my gal not co-operative.

Like today, want to go NTUC at Jurong Point to get some groceries and run some errands, not even 30mins and she started crying liao. Sigh.... in the end just package lunch and go home without going NTUC.

I'm going to Robinsons tomorrow! Then hop to Takashimaya cause got $100 vouchers! Yay! A pity I've still got 10kg on me so cannot buy clothes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Haiz.. 10kg ah 10kg.. I don't like you, please dont stick to me like super glue can!!! Give me back my waist, thighs and arms and my sharp face!!!

Shopping!!!!!

hw to shop with a bb in tow n one big diaper bag?...feel like going robinsons 2molo bt doubt i can make it.

ruru cat

u staying west side also?? me too!!

XLH,

Hmm.. my diaper bag also big but still manageable. I bring 1 or 2 bottles of EBM out plus, a receiving blanket to cover baby if in air con room. I just bought a manual pump so that I can pump outside cause my baby don't really like latching. Other than that, bring about 4 pcs of diapers, 1 packet of wet wipes. The Rootote diaper bag I invest really comes in handy cause alot of compartment and its really big and the material is waterproof. Heh!

i realise hoh, i got no patient to feed my girl leh. she always drink and leave 10-20ml behind or start to drink slowly liao. i try for less than 5 mins, cannot tahan and start to syringe feed her with the rest liao. i'm evil hoh.

vic ma,

tomorrow, got friend coming to visit me so can't go out. bring baby out, i will bring my diaper clutch, fm, milk bottle.

orangey...hw abt stroller??

nw hor if i venture out esp with my bb nw getting heavier, i must hv the stroller with me..if nt my arms will break.

XLH,

Yah will bring strollers cause no hands to carry baby liao. Cannot take cab cause my stroller too heavy for me to carry and must take out the maxi-cosi car seat v mafan. Take MRT easier for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

vicma,

then get a waterproof mattress protector should be even better? $20 can dun change the cot mattress and buy ex vacuum. hee.. ;p

ask you mommies, if got only 1 cot, would you convert it to junior bed to train your C1 to sleep there or just train C2 to sleep there now? My C1 now bunk in-betw me and hubby. Must train him to sleep on his own leh.. headache..

vic ma,

i dinno latex cannot sun! Ohh.. I see.

Hmm.. for the insects, i think i heard bedbugs before but that one bite rather than feed on dead skin? not too sure leh.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

All babes are cute la, they are like angels.

They become cuter if we spend some $$ and effort to dress them up. :D Girls more patterns la, more ideas and more fun lo. ;) Boys are more boring. Shirt and shorts only. But now boys also more "macam", not like 4 years ago, less patterns.

Lucida, i got it from kidsngifts.blogspot.com. Now I stick to them whenever I need something for my kids, coz afforable and patters are quite "in", though not like those korean / japanese style. Also, i get gifts from her for my other coll's / relatives events like full month and birthday. Very presentable and budgeted. Nowadays I find money are very very very small lo, increment only $145 this year, how to fight the inflation. Somemore new addition to the family. Always find money not enough. Sigh... So, must look for a source wisely.

wahh.. brandedfans,

increment $145 quite good leh.. my increment less than that ahh.. I have even heard of ppl having $30 increment in my company. Haiz..

Yah, agree with you, with babies, expenses went up! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Today is 1st day without CL.

What a mess to us 1st time parents....

To 1st time mommy who're alone taking care of bb after CL left, plse share how you can overcome all the chores of taking care of bb, BF and preparing meals. My application to apply for 'work-at-home' next wk was rejected. So sad..

I'm just worried whether wife can cope alone with BB next wk.

1sttimepapa,

The intitial week w/o CL or parents' help will be very very very very tiring but when ur wife will get used to it. Ask her to sleep more during the day when baby naps so that she can stay awake for night feedings.

moo moo time

jasda,

yes, its normal to have menses though you total bf loh.

crayon,

instead of converting cot for C1, i let C2 use the cot. bought a toddler bed for C1 to sleep but this was done before C2 arrives cos don't want C1 to feel that C2 is taking his stuffs. also give C1 time to adapt to the new bed.

my #1 had been sleeping in his own room himself since 2 months old. i transfer him out of cot to toddler bed since last dec.

1sttimepapa,

ask your wife to concentrate on baby, bf, cooking for herself or tabao back, rest only. all other things can wait. till she is able to handle/know baby pattern more then she can do more things slowly.

i'm a 2nd time mummy also didn't bother to do any house work. my house is in a mess loh but don't care. i need the time to rest and look after baby.

Thanxs Orangey n celynlee. I guess these will more b more adjustment issues n knowing bb pattern. She was just overwhelmed that so many things to do for bb... BF which can take 1-2hrs, pump milk another 1 hr, bath bb, change diapers for urine n shit...with all theses where got time for her to rest....With me around, i still can help a bit. I am just worried next Mon when i am not around whether she can cope...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

My #2 is my BFg nemesis.

I latched her for an hour at 10.30pm. I was left with a breast with 2 huge blocked ducts and a half emptied breast. Then she kept crying so top up 30mls fresh EBM. Still cry after that, so gave her 50mls fresh EBM.

Tomorrow I die die must give her FM as last feed!!! If not, I will really go crazy!

Anyway I do realize that she does not latch well on my left if I BF her on my bed. she cam only latch well if I am BFg her in RH, in the car and on my living room couch. Meaning I cannot latch her this Sun for her full-month.

woofy

my mim sling and my girl together we go da tian xia. My diaper bag was then allerhand haversac. Actually any haversac will do. Get one tt is lite and has some compartments.

1sttimepapa

a tip for your wife: when feeling overwhelmed and helpless at baby's constant crying, just leave baby in a safe place and walk out to another corner of the house to recompose. It will help to regain some sanity and baby will be ok to be left crying for a while.

Also, on your part, don't nag at or question her about housework. Cos it's tough enough to face a crying baby and meeting the baby's needs the whole day. It is ok to live in a messy and dirty place for a while. Just clean up a little whenever you/she has a hang of baby's habits and some pockets of time.

My hubby flies for his job, so after #1's full-month, I was left home alone for 2 weeks without help. Had to rope in my mum to help. So final tip is ask for help if necessary cos we are not supermums or superwomen. We will need help here and there. Don't be paiseh to ask for help cos someone will definitely be willing to do so.

If neighbour can help with cooking or simple cleaning then approach them. I am sure your parents/siblings will he willing to come over to help in little ways and bond with the baby.

GLHK,

sometimes just a bit sometimes quite a large mouthful to create a mess of me herself and my bedsheets/floor. Have devised ways to reduce mess now... Like laying a big towel across my thighs and both sides of me on the bed or if I feed her elsewhere i will have a burp cloth and tissues and watch her face for cues that she might throw up and try to wipe off before it gets to her clothes. If she vomitted a large amount she will get upset and want to drink somemore. It is normal to have a bit of milk come up during burping... read online that it is a wet burp. For me as long as she is gaining weight, poo and pee of the right colour and frequency, I wouldn't worry.

maddie,

i like the bumwear n would like to use them.. (esp after spending $$$ buying them)...

but problem is bb goes thru so many diaper changes in a day... needs to have many pcs to go around... if not not in time to wash n dry.. plus the sales person who told us can just change the insert but no need change the outside diaper each time... only need to change outside diaper when chnage insert 2nd time, i think this idea not practical in real life... where got time to take out insert n put a new one in when changing bb? my gal will probably pee/poo in her cot while im doing this...

after i saw ur post i decided to let her try the petite size one at next diaper chnage... but alas... still a bit too big for her small butt...

how u using ur bumwear?

rurucat,

ya. i got the mim sling n a pupsik bb pouch.. the bb pouch got size one... according to mummy build i think... i bought a M size... was contemplating that time btw a M & L size... bcoz i tot M a bit too short for me but according to the chart for sizing, im supposed to get M... so i got M... quite ok... only prob is the pouch a bit short/tight when im trying to put bb in but once she is in, the height of her against my body just nice... if the pouch any bigger she might end up lying lower which might cause a strain on my shoulder n back... u know a bit like carrying sch bag.. if the straps too long n u carry too low then will have prob...

jade,

re smoking neighbours

if u not on toking terms then just tell urself no pt getting upset... last time i got myself so stressed n upset whenever i smelled cigar smoke.. n was like always trying to catch the neighbour in the act... then i sort of like snap out of it after delivery.. like "what am i doing? y i get so upset? n also no need to secretively trying to catch neighbour smoking... for wat???" so now i kan kai liao... just that at times when i still smell cigar smoke i just like whine abt it lor...

dreamababy,

if u getting those 2 strappy carrier, u can only use it when ur bb neck stronger... say a few months old... bcoz nb wont be able to hold head upright... plus they also cant sit upright yet... bb might get hurt if u try to put bb in such carrier now... my hb always so scared when i carry bb with my arms with her sitting on one arm n her chest against my chest... like machiam carry a toddler but i got support her neck... he said might hurt bb spine bczo she is still not strong enuff to be in a upright position yet..

just finished pumping 30 min.. alamak.. only 30ml on each side.. y my ss so miserable??? today i latch bb a lot of times liao leh...

going to zzz first... tmr then come in again to chat with all mummies... bye n happy mooing to those still moo mooing... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

celyn

i just fed around 3am, vomited out 30ml of the 90ml i fed. cleaned up. slept abit just as i about to pump. cry again. made another 30ml fed & held him up so that he will not vomit out again.

farted. went to check - got shit. wet his shirt previously put a towel in his shirt so that his chest wont be wet. while changing diaper change shirt. finally put him down to rest & started to pump slowly again arrgh

if i were to contribute to READERS' DIGEST - it would be the ALL IN A DAY'S WORK section.

Back