(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

hi vic ma..

ya.. probably will chk with gyne again, while i will try to use it as little as possible now..coz i tink alittle has no harm rite..

but my next visit to gyne is still v far.. very end of this mth.. long wait to go b4 i can see how my little one is doing ..

Yeah Orangey. Am glad to hear tat! Really hope tis visit will officially set ur mind at ease liao. Jiayou!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lynn, use fingernail poke him la. hahah..yeah, i also SUPER tired no matter hw much i sleep..HORMONES at play.....

vic ma, hahha..ur someone so funny...say we all hormonal. tell ur fren no news means good news mah..but usually one week will hear result liao hor...hmm...cant blame her la. ;p

so shiok can go japan holiday. but on plane they will have paper bags to vomit, If outside then the normal plastic bags shld do bah...use ziploc exp lei...hehehehe. but hopefully aft our 1st tri, we can bounce ard n feel more energetic liao!

vic, pick up a few barf bags from the plane to carry along la. you can grab them yourself or ask the stewardess and tell her abt ur condition - am sure they understand. ziploc v wasted rite?

my europe trip also would have been more enjoyable if i didnt have ms...dun enjoy the food, fear of vomiting in public, all round discomfort...sigh...

will it be free and easy? if so, not so bad, can do your own planning. dun go high altitude places ok? lack of oxygen not so good for baby. remember to inform gynae - i packed quite a bit of preggie-friendly medicine along incl duphaston when i travelled. first day kena running nose already - lucky i was prepared for that and took medicine that night.

SG-SC

usually my hb & i seldom go for holidays & since this baby is confirmed - i might not be able to go anywhere next 3 yrs perhaps.

we dont like to bring infants for holiday cos they suffer -we also suffer. (i plan to bf at least 1 yr)

its kind of time to bring my girl overseas liao la - cannot go anywhere without her hahha! i envy those who can leave their children in SG & go off holidaying. I wont be able to take that & my girl must smell my armpit then can sleep kind keke!

Lynn

I really praying hard my MS will taper off in 2 weeks time.

high altitude bad ar i didn tknow that! good thing u tell me

yeah i read it somewhere hence take up one of the optional tours in my tour package which included a trip up the mountain in switzerland..better safe than sorry. i worry abt BB all the time when i was travelling...er, i still do everyday...

hi vic_ma,

just bring a few spare normal plastic bags. Ziploc not so good as can see thru the content. My plastic bags will usually at a place that I can reach within few seconds [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I not sure whether it's different gender, and I really hope so [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Week 14 seems better for me compared with week 12. I guess your MS will be better by the time you fly.

ladies, btw, any healthy snack to keep the mouth not so bland/bitter?

hi jasda..

i hv this problem too.. it getting slightly better, but still a problem @ times..

i cannot find any REAL gd healthy snack to get rid of the bland/bitter taste.. sometimes i take sour plums, or prunes, or sour gummies, rasins,dried cranberry, small bites of green apple with salt.. to help.. but all these are juz temporary relief.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi jasda..

i hv this problem too.. it's getting slightly better, but still a problem @ times..

i cannot find any REAL gd healthy snack to get rid of the bland/bitter taste.. sometimes i take sour plums, or prunes, or sour gummies, rasins,dried cranberry, small bites of green apple with salt.. to help.. but all these are juz temporary relief.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi new,

I can't find snacks that could get rid of the taste except drinking some cold milks, though I know cold drinks are not good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

sip abit more diluted ribena? so u still get hydrated & also ribena tastes ok table temp.

actually cold drinks not say no good la its when u drink cold immed after a warm meal that horrid immed feeling. I didnt get this much during my #1 but i think after having 1 my body is not as good as before - now a days i feel like an overturned whale when i down cold drink after a warm meal.

with abit of gastric & no HOT HOT SOUP & after meal take a cold drink - after 3-4 days i felt really sick & LSed away due to the sensitivity caused & accumulative effect of the no HOT soup.

i'm getting an aversion to plain water. i think it's coz the other day i vomited out a lot of the plain water i drank. sigh...

my hubby vomited this morning after breakfast. i wonder if it's the couvade syndrome:

Q: When a woman is pregnant, can the father have morning sickness?

Armin Brott<

Knight Ridder

Oct. 11, 2005 12:00 AM

Question: When a woman is pregnant, can the father have morning sickness? There's a lot of disagreement at my quilting club.

A: Absolutely - and it's a lot more common than you'd think. In fact, somewhere between 25 and 90 percent of dads-to-be in this country experience couvade syndrome (from the French, "to hatch"), or "sympathetic pregnancy." The symptoms are pretty much the same as those women complain of: mood swings, food cravings, and weight gain. But some are a little stranger - especially for a guy - such as toothaches, headaches, itching, nosebleeds, and sometimes even cysts.

Couvade symptoms usually start cropping up sometime around the third month of the pregnancy, taper off for a bit, then pick up again in the month or two before the baby is born. They almost always "mysteriously" disappear as soon as the baby's born.

No one really knows why men get these symptoms but there are lots of theories. The first is that as men, we're programmed (socially or biologically, take your pick) to try to protect our families and shield them from harm. Since we can't really do much to minimize the discomfort and pain our wives experience during pregnancy, our brains come up with the unique idea of trying to ease their pain by taking some of it on ourselves. This is particularly true for expectant dads who feel somehow responsible for having "gotten her into this in the first place."

Another theory is that some expectant dads who develop couvade are feeling jealous and left out and are subconsciously trying to get people to pay a little attention to them. It's also possible that expectant dads' physical symptoms are a kind of way announcing to the world that they're the father.

Some recent research has shown that there may actually be some hormonal reasons for men's pregnancy symptoms. You know all about how expectant mothers' hormones change over the course of the pregnancy, right? Well, one fascinating study found that pregnant women's husbands' levels of the same hormones (which men have too, but in smaller amounts) move rise and fall parallel with their wives' levels. This may explain why most expectant dads find themselves paying more attention to children in the months before their own are born.

Some psychologists have also speculated that couvade symptoms may be the expectant dad's subconscious way of showing his wife that he's serious about being with her. After all, it's easy to lie about loving her and wanting to be a good dad, but it's a lot harder to fake a cyst or a nosebleed.

good mrg ladies

Good news..

The CL whom I've been trying to call called me this mrg and I think I can confirm her liaoz...

She is charging me $2.1k ... sweats

Zhuzhu,

Congrats! U can set ur mind at ease already...

I got mine too.. 2k. used to be my sis cl. she not bad.. the food she cook also nice to eat. hehe

jasda,

perhaps u could try having some ice-cream to take away the bland/bitter taste... well it works for me, and watz more ice-cram made of milk, in a way gives u calcium too hehe.. HTH! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

actually it's ok to take cold drinks, be moderate tho'. Sometimes I take 100plus or coke light to help me burp better, at least it curb the nausea feeling and control the vomitting better.

hi pinkzee,

My hubby bans me from eating cold stuff ;) I can't even eat ice-cream [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tis is so frustrating! been trying to get into this thread since yday aftn...but somehow jus shows mi blank pg wen i select Yr 2010 Mums thread. Tink is jus mi coz i can stil see u ladies posting. I also wanna join lor!! so angry n sianz!

i take cold water and ice cream as per normal...maybe even more so now. why cannot ah? chocolates coz have caffeine should take moderately or if u can avoid completely even better. i take moderately - sometimes i take ice lemon tea, green tea, chocolates...not too much lor.

bay

why not just in moderation la -its like durian easy to put on weight lor. moderate also cause its heaty. falling sick during preg is not desriable mah.

i use choco to stop LS. its natural & readily available. of course Charcoal also works la.

hope not in singapore! better watch those preserved plums!

Dried fruit on alert list

KUALA LUMPUR - THE Health Ministry has put dried fruit products, particularly plum and prune products, from China, Taiwan and other Asian countries, on Level 5 alert because of their high levels of lead.

Ministry staff will be on the lookout for these products at entry points for 16 manufacturers and distributors to ensure the products do not come into the country, Health Minister Liow Tiong Lai said on Thursday.

With a Level 5 alert, the Ministry would hold the products to test them for lead content before they can be released into the market. The highest alert, Level 6, involves an immediate rejection of the product.

Mr Liow said the monitoring started following an Oct 1 US Food and Drug Administration report warning people not to consume dried fruit, including dried plums and prunes, due to lead contamination.

'If a product by a manufacturer or distributor is found to contain more than the permitted two parts per million (ppm), legal action will be taken under the Food Regulations 1985,' Mr Liow told reporters on Thursday.

If convicted, guilty parties can be fined up to RM100,000 (S$41,000), jailed for up to 10 years or both. Lead, in cumulative amounts over time, causes nervous system disorders and distorts brain development, especially in children. -- THE STAR

oh man vic ma...smell armpit then can sleep so gross lei..hehehe

but yeah, constant flying not good. The altitude and cabin air pressure will affect placement of our womb one. Heard one doc mentioned b4. For guys also will affect sperm mobility...

Lynn, so funny! ur HB kena MS. Tink somehow v heartwarming lei...if only mine also has..hahah

hmm...my mama always warn mi not to take cold things/drinks coz she will next time bb will cough..dunno hw true. but i stil occasionally eat ice-cream n drink cold drinks...

vic ma, i IT idiot...so i tried to do very normal n basic clearing of cache but stil din work...so kept trying all day then suddenly now can log in! So happy now..

SG SC

just a figure of sleep. my girl's breast feed & we weaned her only around 22 mths old. we both agreed we will SPOIL her let her sleep with us as long as we could take it.

so till now she has not slept wo me. she wont even want my hb. possible big fuss if i werent around.

around 5th mth my hb had dengue & i would come back from hosp only past midnite. my maid & MIL will have a hard time taiming her- she will cry nonstop.

#2 we decided NO. cos sleep with us dangerous my #1 migt come & crush him/her!

jasda, now i make a flask of lemon water and mix with my plain water to drink - this is to further dilute it coz lemon water might be too acidic for our teeth. it's much easier to down. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

oh lynn, lemon water sounds nice. I think i rely on water intake from soup, milk or others hehe. Will lemon a bit "liang"?

lynn, yeah, ignore me, I'm too conservative on food and drinks after pregnant. After deliver, i'll go and buy 7-11 slurppy.

aiyo, i got craving for that ley...but i think someone commented here that their doc said cold drinks is ok but not these icey drinks like slurpy...so i didnt go there! but i suppose ice cream would be worst? hmmm....then again, it's these slurpy drinks that are cold enough to give you brain freeze...

Coz I read an article given by my gynae saying that we have to avoid chocolate stuffs as they do contain caffeine...but I like to eat chocolate alot..What's abt Milo??I also stop drinking Milo too...my favourite drink...Sobs...

My gynae told me that cold drinks without caffeine ok with it... I drink 100 plus and ice avocando and apple juice too...I drink cold milk too...

Vic ma, wah u bf so long ah...hw long u all intending to let ur gal sleep wif u? Coz next time ur #2 bigger liao, can understd better, then will say u all unfair. Must remmeber treat both fairly woh.

Ahem...speaking from current family experience...sigh.

Cold drinks hor - my fav.

but this time i find my body's NOT AS GOOD AS BEFORE. kind of regretted too much COLD drinks maybe.

its like. u dont take a ice cold shower & then sit under the aircon or fan blasting -bad for health. we still do it but we maybe increase the temp & circulate the fan not direct on our body.

its all these little things u need to take note for health - really up to the individual lor.

jasda please hor wait at least 1 mth after delivery.

we wont see the effects on our health till we are 40-50 perhaps. (no wonder so many naggy old pple)

but they say we still dont really listen hahah!

so u are your body's guardian lor. do what u will - same body stick to u whole life.

SG weather always hot drink - like ah peh lor! so uncool!

i sound confused. cos i know its bad but i know i will still do it. COS no one likes to hear - I tTELL U NEXTIME THEN U KNOW mah

Baymic, i love choc too...but again, like wat my gynae always emphasize: "everything in moderation" can liao...

yah, i read someone's gynae said if got MS feel like vomitting, eat ice-cream! cool hor...

Haha...ya lor..my hubby stops me from touching them lor...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ice-cream are okay. My gynae says you can take ice-cream from those fresh tubs where we can get in supermart but not those soft serve ice-cream, e.g. McFurry/ 7-11 Mr Softy. The reason is cause he says these soft served ice-cream are basically store for very long in the ice-cream maker thus, making it more bacteria prone. He says those from tub are already pasteurize so it is generally safe to take during pregnancy.

As for chocolate, many MTB says no but my gynae says in moderation. I think main thing not to take so much chocolate apart from the Caffeine is actually the sugar content. Milo should be fine since the caffeine content is not that high.

I am going for my Genetic scan with Prof Anandakumar next Tuesday! It happens to be my 6th Anniversary with DH!!! Really hope to recevive a very good gift from Prof Anandakumar on that day! Have been praying everyday to god to bless my baby to be very healthy and normal [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back