(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

So fun to observe baby when pumping, especially after she is done with her feed. She was grinning from ear to ear with her eyes closed.

Celyn, my girl also just hit 80mls per feed cos she had BM jaundice then progressed to sleeping beauty mode... In short, she is always sleeping.

Re: Full-month

we are also returned customers for both. Usually we would use Neo Gardens for any gatherings at home. It's our second time using Sweetest Moments. My MIL took away one box of cake that we ordered extra for ourselves. She gave it to her neighbour, whom she invited, just because this neighbour gave AP. Sigh, if everyone give AP will have one box, then I should give everyone instead, not just for relatives.

Until now, we have no idea how the cakes tasted.

Vicma, must appreciate hubby. My hubby recently said to me, 'I think I am a very stupid Mario (our male version of maid). Cos Marios work for money, but I work and still must pay money.' this is really his heartfelt words lor. And frankly, I treat my maid better than him cos trying to persuade her to continue another 2 years with us.

Syz

actually babies suck our fats away. They are returning us our beauty but on eye-fashion is more updated. Cos now I am smoky eye is in again especially in Cosplay!

SG_SC

if you take 5-in-1, then start just after bb first month. 6-in-1 starts in bb's second month. The new compulsory jab for pneumoccucal can start from bb's 7th month. The rest just follow the schedule in the health booklet. Anyway, the place that you go for jabs will advise and remind you as well. calm down...

moo moo again

rantingbaby,

me too. never get to taste the cakes myself.i just ask my colleagues to keep an empty box and the card for me cos i keep 1 for my boy and do so for my girl.

penumoccocal jab start earlier then 7 months liao. its taken before baby turn 6 month, i think round 3/4 months leh.

sg_sc,

i just apply that for her leh. cos her face also got a bit of pimple like spots.

my whole family was on my bed! my girl climbed on my hb. he didnt allow her to go further cos didi is between me & him. then later she took over my hb's place & he slept at the feet of his usual spot while didi & i cont sleeping.

then didi woke to feed & since 120ml i prop him up using my pillow. then pumping - he slanted & slipped off the pillow on sleeping on my side on the side.

seems like this side post not bad le. must try often when under my watch.

Prevenar aka peumococal

I asked my GP on when we should give this jab & he went to read up for me. Apparently his conclusion was - its good to give if you can afford it. his idea is ya its one in (i think 10K?) he said what if u are that 1? of the 1% of the million. & apparently the problem this vaccination tackles -affects infants under age 6 mths more!

then my hb & i tot OK, affects infants under 6 mths & under 6 mths need more jabs - really means costs more lor.

we went for it under 6 mths - just pak tor less & less entertainment out those mths we had vaccinations lor.

hi.. i have been having sleepless nights last 3 days.. had been having lumps on my right breast so been getting my boy to suck and suck on that side till he always cry after sucking for 5 mins cos i think he couldn't get any milk from it after that so end up moving him to the left side to suck. So he'll wake up every half hr to cry.. the lumps seem to go away for a while then come back again.. i try to pump away the lump but think the pump not powerful enough and worse still, i used to yield 40ml on right side, now it barely gives me 20ml.. been almost a week like this already.. need some help!

morning mummies

vic ma,

i give my boy penuomoccocal before 6 months too. its was an optional jab 2 years ago and he took a total of 4 jabs that cost around $600 in total. very ex but rather pay then to risk him.

your family very good leh, all can go on your bed. my 2 child each get their own room and we sleep in our room. now cos #1 is older, he will sometimes walk over to my room and take over his daddy's place to sleep. then daddy will go to his room and sleep on the floor cos #1's bed is too small for daddy.

violet,

maybe after your baby suck, you can try to pump the lump away and not wait. massage and rub on the lump to clear it.

thanks celynlee.. now worry that the supply will be stuck at that level cos never increase for a wk already and baby's appetite just keep on growing and have been supplementing with fm.. i already let him suckle as many times as i could in a day already.. y the supply still never go up?

violet,

don't worry about supply. the more you worried, the more it will be affected. it will definitely increase as baby grows cos baby need more eventually.

mummies,

milk supply has been a headache since most mummies popped.

Relax ur mind, have a better time management.

Enough sleep is important as stated on the article I read on lian he zao bao.

As days passed,our daily routine will improve. you wil tend to realise things are working out better & we are getting more efficient and used to our new member 'eating' our time.

last time I told my friend, when bb in stomach I control his timing, when bb out, he control my timing.

So lets work hard and control bb timing. else 24hr we r like slogging hehee

Yesterday realise I still got milk .. but den been having DOM so dare not let bb have it anymore.

How to have enough sleep unless baby starts not to have night feeds?

I wake up 2 to 3 times at night and direct latch. Each time takes about 45 mins to 1 hr including burping. And can't fall asleep immediately After. I not used to sleeping during the day and so far can only sleep at night.

So how to have sufficient sleep?

Jade,

Mummies to direct latch very time consuming, I did that previously and stop eventually due to bb high demand that I cant meet and also other factors that are considered.

This is what I do, -

Morning feed usually is 6 - 7 am upon finished I placed bb on bed after burping. I den packed his barang ( milk tin, hot water flask, warm water container, pacifier, bottles, last nite changed clothings ) all out of my room to kitchen and also empty his used diapers from my room dustbin.

By then he is still slping, I wil go wash up myself ( brushing, washing face etc ), do my hand wash laundry, sterilise his stuffs.

Open my window to exchange air, I find my room filled with his poo smell.. hehee

I wear face mask when I clean his backside cant stand the poo. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_laugh.gif]

When everything is ready in my room, I wil bring bb proceed to living room. That is the place where my bb spend the whole day.

I wil take my breakfast, chicken essence, likewise I dun have habit to slp during daytime,

I will wait for bb to wake up for next morning feed which wil be 9 - 10 am, after he finished I wil bring him for shower. After shower let him play himself ( stretching )

After 11am or earlier -

Here comes my personal time,[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_happy.gif] I wil den on laptop search internet for jobs and check my email.

This few days I doing scrapbooking for my boy,1 album for 1-12 mths now my boy 1 mth 12 days but I am doing pre scrap design on each pages getting ready for photos to b added in.

Coming evening feeds,

I wil go n bathe first den get ready his barang back to my room to prepare for nite war.

Usually I slp ard 1-2am after 1 of his midnite feeds. den pray hard he dun wake up between 2-5..

I think we should have quality and not sufficient slp. Quality slp dosent mean 8 hrs it can be 2-3 hrs with no disturbance.

* Im running out of dustbin plastic bags. everyday got to change cant be keeping his poo & pee in my room

How do u all handle those used diapers ? I think not 'huan bao' lei everyday I keep throwing plastic bags..

While typing this email I was thinking recycle bags.. hehe but then cant be using recycle bags as dustbin bags to contain his smelly diapers.

hi ladies...

can I ask whether do any of you still drink coffee and breastfeed your baby???

I always love coffee and drinks coffee at cafes before I gave birth.... but now I read that better not drink coffee when breastfeeding... But I have refrained myself from coffee for so long liao... haiz...

Sometimes I feel like drinking... but still worried that cannot give my gal breastmilk if really drink coffee.... Is that so???

hey gals....

I have tried the sweeties from sweetest moments full month bb...not bad leh... next bb , i will still go for it!

As for the catering, this Pattaya Garden which I have ordered not bad either... they have high tea catering... tat one got lots of choices and the food is really good... worth to recommend!

celyn

1st time my girl did that le insist to climb up. i switched sides with my hb cos i want to pump nearer the notebook for me & he had to take care of my girl cos HFMD scare last week.

dream baby

if u are paranoid treat coffee like alcohol drink after pumping.

if very paranoid then avoid lor.

Hi,any mums taking mamil milk for lactating?

I got a $3 voucher to give away as I'm taking anmum brand. Expiry 30 June 2010. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

via ma

actually i dont treat coffee like alcohol leh... but ppl keep telling me better avoid...

if drink, can drink those like those in cafes?? like starbucks/coffee bean/coffee club etc?? cos those are unlike the mild coffee lor... like if drink for like 2 hours after then pump milk, should be alright rite?

hey ladies

And anyone can recommend where to buy nice and cheap clothes for bb gals?

Celia, admire u! Got energy to do scrapbooking some more.

I bought the dustbin with cover n put the diapers inside so smell only come out when it is open. Keep the dustbin outside my room n go out to throw it each time I change diaper.

Dreamababy, I haven't had more than 3 cups of coffee since I got pregnant. Prev used to drink 1 cup every morning else cannot wake up n dunno how many more at work. Now also don't dare to drink tho tempted. In any case if want to catch quick zzz in daytime, if I take coffee sure cannot sleep liao so I tahan.

Violet, my supply dipped at 4-5 weeks also. But past 2 days it ownself increase. Dint increase freq of pump or do power pump or take mother tea even. But in day my bb demand latch I will give, even if it's hourly. Yesterday I latched hourly for 5 hours cos she kept cryin for more. Maybe that stimulated more supply my night pump was quite a lot.

i'm multi-tasking now. moo moo + read post + eat lunch. hahaha.....

celia,

i throw the diaper with poo poo into the big dustbin directly and immediately. :p

vic ma,

i see. my pump and laptop is just at my bedside now. it will be permanent there till i stop bf.

hello!

before i respond to posts gotta tell you girls this. the weirdest place i ever expressed milk at (so far) was at the A Bocelli concert last sat.... yes Mr C got the free tickets avail for the public so we went.

intermission was only 10mins and it was really crowded plus the toilets are those portable kind lor... so I just sat in my seat and pumped under my sweater, worn back to front. thank goodness for the freestyle's portability [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but i was sweating like a pig under the sweater in our famous humid weather, made worse by passing drizzles.

i m highly amused at myself. the things we do for our kids.

the couple to my right looked like they have kids too... the lady told her HB to move 2 spaces down so that i hv more space.... v nice of her!!! there are breastfeeding angels watching over me.

dreamababy,

if you wanna play safe, then take a bit first. see if/how it affects bb, any increased wakefulness or skin rash or watever else... then if dun have take again. my mantra is happy mama = happy bb.... dun deprive until you can see the starbucks coffee hallucination in front of you lor. BUT of cz everything in moderation, and test the waters first.

cheap and nice clothes for bb gals ah... try the WTS or BP threads of this forum

celia,

i use supermkt plastic bags to throw poo diapers. yes every single poo diaper gets a separate plastic bag and down the rubbish chute straightaway.

good luck on the job search!

jade,

C2 wakes 2-3x per night also, smtimes more, but i lie down and latch and both of us fall asleep liddat. so i m ok (read: not soooo sleep deprived) in the mornings. at night, i dun burp unless he chokes or smthing.

violet,

tis in the mind.... relax, smell the head of your bb .... so nice rite... then latch or pump. jia nai!

vaccinations

i dun look at the schedule. i just ask my PD when i m supposed to come next for the 6 in 1. just jabbed C2 ystday with the BCG, which many take at birth.

alamak, C2 waking up. bringing him to PD AGAIN later for neck rash. seems to be spreading and tis turning an ugly red. he's got 3 chins already so... v difficult to air his neck. most likely just a heat rash but i m buying peace of mind. ciao for now!

ps C2 was exactly 5 kg ystday at 5w1day old. no wonder my arms ache.

sg_sc,

i ordered my bb shower cakes from www.ecreative.com.sg... nice pretty pacakging.. svc good, price n cake also nice... u can look for this lady jamie... i very lechey that time.. got lotsa requests n changes but she very accommodating n patient... so i quite like.. i got also called n wanna oredred from another 2 shops but then hor later i din order from them bcoz they like not very accommodating for some requests... say like send to tuas...

re peeling skin on bb.. i think thats normal one.. my pd n mother said newborns will "shed" skin after a while.. just leave it alone.. mine also done shedding a couple of weeks, partly normal shedding partly dry bcoz that time she did the phototherapy at tmc...... but now its the head skin that is shedding...

sg_sc,

rashes tehn i dunno liao.. izzit due to milk on her face? my gal got tiny tiny pimples on her face.. think its the milk that got smudged on her face that causes it.. i must be more hardwrokign to clean her face..

sg_sc,

melrose i got called n initially wanna ordered simple marble cakes for the workers in teh factory that hb work at but then i dun like the service bcoz the lady on the phone like not very helpful n said her driver dun wanna drive to tuas bcoz the factory is in the very far away tuas areas n he will get lost there... so in the end i nvr order from them n i order the marble cakes plus other stuff from ecreative

cellow

Think gotta try lor ... but that time when I was having my gal in me.... i also drank coffee, cos super sleepy at work on certain days when my gal was super active in kicking during the nighttime when I was asleep.... and on occasional wkends,i go cafes for coffee lor .. .

ok.. tink if really really wanna drink, i will try first and see what is the effect...

I go to the thread and take a look....

Rantingbaby,

ha I forgot about the slimming treatments they provide [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi ppl, thanks for the encouragements.. they really helped.. i called up the lactation consultant and she asked me not to give fm to my baby anymore and only latched.. think i'm feeling better from my cold and the episotomy wound now so i'll tell myself that i'll latch my baby from today onwards and no more fm..

i feel i didn't have the mental preparation before baby was born cos everywhere i read, it'll say that baby will demand feed about 2-3hourly.. but nobdy say that the first month baby can feed every hourly! if i had known that earlier, i might not have gave in to the CL when she say to feed baby the fm.. she kept saying that i need enough rest.. now i really regretted not trying hard enought to tbf my baby after discharge..

Maddie (madhunny)

Wil like to catch my boy lovely moments. if nv start wont start liao, since I not working now make use of the time while bb slping to do his album.

Once start nv get enough, I intend to get some more album to do til he reach 6 yrs old. hahaa

got first bath, first smile, first word. and even I want to capture his first presch days. hehee

Last time I dun have tis, I wil like my boy to have his lovely moments capture so that he can show his child ( my grandchildren ) hahaa think so far liao.. Im going kee siao

ceylnlee / cellow

my big dustbin is outside of the house so no diff even if I bring to kitchen. It wil stink the kitchen..

violet,

your cl is also not wrong that you need rest. for the 1st week or so when baby is home, i also partial bm and fm. there is nothing wrong with giving fm.

since you have the lump, you must try to latch or pump regularly to clear.

my girl cheat my feeling leh. had been feeding 2 hourly for 50ml and waste 30ml of my bm. she did it again at 2pm. so end up i syringe feed her and take about 30 mins. really peifu those mummy who refuse to bottle and use this method. hopefully, after this round, she will go back to her 3hour or 4 hour feed.

celia

u will think i bery bian tai. I like to check my kids shit out. Close examination and even use the diaper to press to find out texture wo getting my hands soiled la.

Shit indicators are important for me on well being of bb.

rurucat,

i also dunno how to use the MIM sling.. always cannot get the hang... see the video like machiam so easy but on my own still cannot.. in the end i bought a pupsik bb pouch(for home use n the MIM i use outside, so i no need keep washing).. love my pupsik.. i started using it yday night... can have free hands while my gal happy to follow me around in the bb pouch.. though i must say $40+ for a simple pc of cloth very exp lah.. but when u desperate... anything u will also pay... hahaha!

vic ma,

so wat is the preferred standard a bb should have for their shit ?

do you have a chart ?

til now my boy stil having yellow poo.

my boy born on 29th Mar

Rgds

gbh

how does ur pupsik look like ? is it available in nearby neighbourhood shopping mall?

my boy's weight killing me, I need something to hold him.

I have the sling but same like you duno how to use scare night time slip him off the floor den really siao liao.

celia,

im using a diaper dustbin.. i think i bought the med size one... think brand is diaper champ... something like that... its a dustbin spe for diapers... just throw into hole... swing the handle to the other side n diaper goes in... keeps smell inside... i only need to chnage the bag once every 2-3 days... my gal easily use 7-8 diapers a day... plus i put the bin in my toilet so i use that as a normal bin too... got throw used pads/empty toilet rolls etc... quite useful n save me time in clearing the bin... if using normal bin then i gotta clear daily liao..

dreamababy,

re coffee n bf...

i got drink instant 3 in 1 coffee leh... sometimes up to 2-3 times a day... i still latch/pump leh.. i try not to drink imme latch/pumo lah... to min the traces of caffeine in bm... think its ok one... to have a cup daily just dont overdrink.. plus usually after i drink i will drink lotsa water... coffee/ teas r diuretic... they make u urinate more so must drink more water to replace loss.. n i have a habit of pooing after coffee... hehe its a mild natural laxative for me! so i think by then all caffeine gone n flushed out of my body via pee/poo liao...

On cleaning diaper, i'm just using a simple supermarket type plastic bag and only throw away the plastic bag after the bag is quite fulled :p I do tie up the bag and left it in a small pail. Urmm.. is it unhygenic??? If every diaper one bag is very environmental unfriendly leh..

ruru_cat and gbh,

MIM sling really needs a lot of practice before you can get the hang of it. I was using it nearly everyday for my C1 and only get the hang of using it on the 2nd or 3rd month. It is good to have the CD as you can always refer to it if there is any doubts.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

celia,

the pupsik looks like this: http://www.pupsikstudio.com/baby-pouch-slings

i got it at mothercare bcoz i got member so got discount... can buy online too... dun think they sell at neighbourhood shops... ur boy quite big might not be suitable 4 u to use the pouch bcoz like the MIM sling, it hangs over 1 shoulder only... ur shoulder will ache if too heavy... my gal small so its ok for me...

if ur bb neck is strong enuff... can try those bag pack style carrier that u carry infront of ur chest... u know like babybjorn type?.. but i think 1 mth old bb best to still hold neck even if u put in carrier... i sometimes carry my gal upright with her butt sitting on mu arm n her chest resting on my chest but i always use the other hand to hold her neck in case kena sprain when her head moves...

SG_SC - My baby also has rashes on her face. My granny asked me to buy MO LI HUA (some white small flowers) from the florist. Bring home, wash it, then pat it dry. Smash with fingers till juice comes out and rub the juice on the face. I just bought the flowers today. Based on her experience (after taking care of 10 grandchildren), this method will work. Haha, yep, hungry baby. 150 FM she also cry within 3 hours. i had to latch her on but she cannot tahan till the 4th hour. My CL had to heat up another 150 EBM for her.. i thought of what to give my gal for full mth pressie liao - A MOO MOO COW~

Celyn - yah loh, i am gng crazy liao. Now have to cover with FM else i sure go dry. Keep downing lotsa fluids and fruits. The stupid rash refuse to go away, make me more gek.

celia,

re the bin.. it looks like this:

i think i bought at Taime warehouse sale.. cant rem the addr but u can always google to find it... price i think less than $100 for the med size one.. they got small size n large sizes if i rem correctly.. its considered exp as a dustbin lah but so far its cheaper than those other diaper bins i have seen... plus u no need special trash bags to use with this bin... some diaper bins require u buy their cartridge of bags in order to use the bin.. cannot use normal trash bags one..

now im using a big plastic bag which i dunno where my hb got from one... but u can always use the black color trash bags u can find easily in ntuc... just buy slightly better quality one which is thicker so that when u clear the heavy bag, it wont break/ tear....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3966819.jpg]

wow stylor .. I just google and read abt this bin , smart creation diapers to dispose in tis manner..

good investment for hygience n odourless free environment.

gbh

thanks for the advice...

for the time being, i will just try one cuppa first and see how.... check whether bb will have any reaction like super awake after drinking my BM after the dose of coffee anot.. hee...

By the way, how long can the bb sling last??? I din buy any sling le.... , but will use the pram which is suitable for bb also... but i realise that my bb hor... now is abt 6 weeks liao, sometimes dont wanna stay in the pram and wants to be carried le..... so does the sling help like as if i'm carrying her?

Wow just managed to get my bb to sleep. She sleepy from 3plus but cannot sleep. Suckle her a few times, carry la, shhh la, rock all also cannot. Finally put her in the fisher price swing then she fall asleep. Phew!!

How heavy r yr bb? Mine at 6 week is now 4.8kg. Birth wt was 3.3. I am damn scared she become a fatty bombom. She don't even take that much. Now night ebm only give her 80-100ml 3 hr.

dreamababy,

how long the sling can last depends on how heavy ur bb is n how much weight u can tahan carry... normally when they a few mths old most mummies cannot tahan the weight on 1 shoulder liao.. so they will buy n use those carry in front one n got 2 shoulder straps one.. so spread the weight on both sides...

celia,

ya.. that time i actually dun wanna get a diaper bin one... too many things liao... but in the end i figure i really need it so bought during preg n i tot this one next time i can still use as a toilet dustbin.. i luv this bin.. without this i will need to make countless trips to the dustbin outside my flat.. i dun have those in built chute in my flat.. mine is along common corridor one...

ceila

bright mustard yellow is current poo. If too dark could be fm or ebm too much iron. If too watery got other meanings i need to google the shit chart again. Didnt bookmark it.

maddie,

mine is 5kg at 5w1d. he is fully breastfed, so i m not scared he becomes fatty bom bom. PD says the same thing, tbf bbs have no fear of being obese now... they will work the wgt off later when they start to walk / run.

vicma

too watery means jus pee after poo hahaa

Logic hor

Gbh,

I like the bin u hav, worth to buy. Got to figure out if my room toilet enough space to accommodate it... Need to google for the measurement later

moo moo now

dreambaby,

i use stroller for baby now. she will end up sleeping inside with the moving around. i bring her out every morning in stroller to send #1 down to wait for school bus.

I need to get a stroller too for baby. Can't go anywhere if dun have stroller.. still thinking which stroller to buy.. Tot of Peg perago Pliko 3, Combi or just capello can already.. sometimes tot of buying cheap cheap one can already cos not having another child. But yet want something that can last.. Any recommendation??

Hi Lucida,

i love my Combi, v lightweight, around 5kg only.

Ladies,

My dear gal has been awake from 7am to now!! In between she only takes like 2 1hr naps only!!!! Unbelieveable!!! Maybe I too 'bu' liao, so she is energetic! Sigh... My lower back feels so sore from carrying her. Even my CL says in her 6 years of doing this job, my gal is the bb that sleeps the least. Buah tahan.

Back