(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

MOTHER'S MILK TEA

for mild stimulation of breast milk recommended from 2nd mth onwards preferabily after milk ducts have opened.

http://www.iherb.com/Traditional-Medicinals-Organic-Mother-s-Milk-Caffeine-Free-Herbal-Tea-16-Wrapped-Tea-Bags/6800?at=0

anyone wants mother's milk tea? thinking of getting it to international mail to sg works out to around $6.50/box (shops around $10.90) before local postage to individuals.

local postage & envelop. (will flatten to post to save postage $7/unit)

1 unit postage $0.50

2 units postage $0.80

3 units postage $1.00

16 boxes to get max within US$80 FOC international mail to SG. 16 slots available.

Batch 3

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

50% deposit of S$6.50 if possible to confirm your slots.

celia,

your fren so fortunate!

Oh, dun think we will be able to know if we have dilated or not. Mostly it is the midwife or gynae who do the checking.

lynn,

your coconut is the small brown one or green one?

how do you cut it? Those sold in ntuc all uncut one...

lynn, crayon,

i think EDD is the last day of week 40th leh... i counted mine.. shld be that.. 1st day counted as 1st day of last menses right? i think mine quite zhun one bcoz i also have exact date of ovulation..

HJ,

congratulations! u popped quite fast! 7 hrs!

juski,

i bought the munchkin cot org at taka bb fair

hj: congrats!! really pretty short labour.. so can really hear the "pop" sound ah?? interesting.. i also wonder how will like for the water bag to break in public, especially on public transport.. anyway take good care of urself.. don't be too stressed out for b/f.. enjoy it..

yasmin: why?? anything happened?? when is ur next appointment with Dr Adelina?? mine tomorrow.. i only have short vibrating movements from my tummy everynight.. also wondering is my baby shivering inside??

crayon, mine is the small brown one - from ntuc. top already cut off so easy to eat.

gbh, i counted mine is the first day ley. but i dun have exact day of ovulation tho...

Coconut drink - me too. i drank a few sips last week and intend to drink again sometime end this week. Try not to drink too much in case end up coughing or too cooking. My friend, who learns TCM, say actually can drink those bai guo fu zhu yi mi soup - if too cooling put abit of ginger to cook together. Than also drink barley water. Not as cooling as coconut water.

Breastpump - i called mumsfairy as well to find out about the hygeia pump. Sounds good to me that it is actually wide neck so i can pump into Avent bottle directly ( i have a Avent manual pump). The person say this pump is better than Ameda (had previously used Ameda and it didn't quite satisfied my pumping needs). The set also comes with a narrow neck adaptor so i can also pump into snappies (if i buy them) and other standard bottles if needed. I'm asking for a trial sometime in 3rd week of April (edd 8th April). Just need to pay for courier for a trial.

Crayon See (pearlytea)

I asked tat as you know stomach alrdy going downwards and I was spreading my leg to sit on a stool lei without my tight jamming my stomach then I feel kind of a tear and a bit painful below..

but now ok le..

lynn,

maybe the diff in getting the EDD comes from the difference in length of period u had? bcoz i rem mine that cycle happened to be a typical one: 1st day=1st day of menses. ovulation happened 14 days later... my EDD ends up on last day of 40th week.. i did calculation myself n came to 18 apr.. but my doc told me its 17 apr..i think it also depends if he counts 1st day of menses at day 0 or day 1... anyway urs could be that ur cycle not the typical 28 day one so might have some deviation... the doc shld be able to give u a more accurate EDD based on ur tummy size n BB growth...

My cousin also.. She 1 hr come out liao.. I was telling her about it yesterday during our family gathering dinner. She was told majority people labour for 10 hrs if induce but she's the exact opposite lor.. #1 1 hr ok.. #2.. 2.5hr ok!

CONGRATS, hj!

bbS is so smart, no need to induce already out.

keep up w the feeding. just put him more often on left breast and longer... most prolly your milk flow on right breast is more.

crayon,

luckily for me, Mr C knows how to hack open a coconut. i have done it myself before also, just use a big chopping knife to hack the top open.

maddie,

i took off my specs so i didnt know how much time i spent in labour. no concept of time at all. i was in hosp for only 6 hours, the first 8 hours was at home.

tis a positive pain, bcz we get to see bb f2f after that...

ok, i better sit properly. Mr C, upon hearing that C2 has turned fm anterior to posterior, told me 'see, you la, always lie down to read newspaper'

but reading newspaper on all fours is really no joke leh.

mrsm rebond must sit very long right?

u sure back up to it so soon?

i thinking about going to the training centre at funan to colour my hair cheap skate!

vic, shld be ard 4hrs.. i hope to get it done before bb's full mth lei.. hehe

oh u mean e kimage academy? i thought of trying their rebonding.. i think only ard $35-$55! but scared nt gd..

mrsm

i not particular lor as long as its cheap perhaps.

i am the sort who will DIY colour one. I know of friends who are fussy - colour not even la or wrong shade.

but i tot rebond should be quite straight forward right? i not very sure cos i relaly dont spend much on hair treatments one keke!

mrsm usualy the teacher will still step in from time to time esp at the end to touch up.

I used to go long ago not sure about now.

it could be slightly longer time spent too cos the student is learning lor.

supposed to have 10% off if u make appointment 1 day in advance.

some neighbourhoood shops are also quite cheap now a days but have to hunt for a similar priced one la.

i waited for 6months then rebond that time.

after give birth, the texture of the hair will change n keep dropping hair like mad.

i hv straight hair n after 1st pregnancy, ended up right side slightly wavy. hair stylists told me its e changes of hormones.

celia

i know miram stoppard's Books say colour & perm is OK during preg. i dont think bfing is any difference - more of the mother's personal choice.

some even dont eat sashimi or peanuts know allergens during breast feeding - its really up to the mother I feel what they subscribe to.

I would discuss with my HB what i know & what is just myths we confirm with my medical friends as well as books. basically this pregnancy i think i did some things i should not do also lor keke! I didnt discuss with him either! cos lazy to debate.

lynn: ya lor.. sometimes wondering what is baby doing inside.. is she feeling cold?? hahaha..

i also want to do my hair before bb's full mth.. maybe just DIY colour my hair.. heck care abt the myths liao..

going to pack my barang barang in my office to bring home today.. not going to be in office for the next 7 months from next week, so better bring my stuff home..

3 more days and I will be on maternity leave.. nowadays alot of people asked me why i haven't go on leave yet.. also don't know how to answer them..

Vic ma,

I will take 1 unit of the tea. I noticed you that you will be ordering from iherbs. I think drugstore is cheaper lei...USD$3.99. but i dont know about the shipment lah...

fyi.

I will make the transfer tonight. thanks

janet

Drugstore is before shipping. iherb is US$4.70 but we also have 5% discount & foc international shipping.

Drugstore i will need to get from a friend who regularly organises shipping could be US$0.50 - US$1/unit maybe? & its thru vpost & borderlinx which lazy me dare not to learn how to use.

u will be batch 3.

Re: breaking of waterbag

I also had natural breaking breaking of waterbag for #1. It feels like rubber band snaps inside your body with a pop sound. But people outside cannot hear.

Re: Stage 1 Labour

This is the stage before you are fully dilated for pushing. Do move around as much as possible so that 1. Gravity can help you pull your baby down that birth canal quickly & 2. Baby will help to act as a cork to stop the amniotic fluid from being a waterfall.

Suggested positions for Stage 1 Labour: walking, sitting upright on chair or gym ball, forward lean on hubby or bed but swaying you hips.

Re: Signs to look out for

1. Contractions increasing in frequency and intensity. Btw, BHC is nothing like actual contractions. There's no weird looking tummy but you will know when it happens and you will say, "That's it!"

Contactions should be about 5 mins apart (from start of one to the start or the next). You should also note how long each contraction last from start to end. Wear a analogue watch for this.

You can stay home for as long as you can, but if contractions starts to be 5 mins apart, get ready to go hospital.

2. Breaking of water bag

Quite straight forward. Go to hospital immediately cos delay will lead to baby having infections.

Usually water should be clear or slightly cloudy. But if dark coloured, means bb poo inside and needs to be out asap.

3. Bleeding

Same as breaking of waterbag. Need urgent attention.

These are the 3 signs that my gynae told me to look out for.

My stage 1 labour for #1 was about 12.5 hours. Started at about dinner time the night before. Water bag broke at 4.30am. Reached hospital at 5am but only 3 cm dilated. Was on gas but by 7.30am, I asked for epi. After that the labour progressed very quickly, and #1 came out at 9.30am.

Now I am asking #2 to come out on Jie Jie's birthday on 20.04.2008. But this girl poor thing cos Daddy may not be around to witness the birth. So just told hubby who is in his 2nd week in Indo, that if he is not around for the birth, then I will ask to stay in 1-bedded at RH with epi. He will just have to settle the bill upon return. *evil laugh*

But frankly, I miss him a lot and this time he has to be away for about 1 month since last week.

rant

i must remember to ask my gynae can my hb go in with me for the c section' keep forgetting to ask.

my 1st time she dont allow i wasnt too happy about it cos i could not breath very well due to the Epidurial.

but i wonder how he will feel so many pple in the operating theatre with me nearly all naked lor.

hi girls!

to those wondering about their EDD, maybe you can use this online calculator which i have been using - http://www.pregnology.com/faralong.php?month=5&day=04&year=2010

I've been having BHC so regularly and lower back pains no matter how i sit/sleep these past few days and suddenly using the toilet regularly every night as opposed to having constipation throughout the pregnancy.I'm 34 weeks today.Been to TMC a few weeks ago as my mucus plug fell out at 32 weeks and then Dr Woody put me on bed rest.

BUT I'm sure mummies here that already have another child at home can appreciate this - I've been so busy attending to my C1 that i've been dismissing the contractions as Braxton Hicks.

Oh,my loot from Leng Leng is already here.Need to go sterilize my pump parts so i can bring it to the hospital with me.plan to borrow their PISA at parentcraft and hook up my own shields so i can quickly encourage my milk to come in asap.Really motivated to successfully bf this baby**crosses fingers**

rantingbaby : i know how your feel.hubby is in AU for work now and I can deliver anytime.i already told him if he's not around,i'll just charge everything to my supp card and get a power room after delivery.Actually, i will be lost if he's not there in the delivery theatre with me.I think if i get my mother to come in, my mother will panic and scream at the nurses and doctors to quickly get it over and done with.LOL!my mummy is a huge drama queen.

i heard contractions for #2nd pregnancy onwards might be painless for some mummies.That's what i'm afraid of.That i might be in labout but too busy to notice.LOL!

Vic ma

think you better check your hb's comfort level before checking with the gynae.

Re: early/later birth

my older girl was earlier by about 11 days. So I am estimating #2 to do the same. That's why my hubby trying to finish clear as much work as he possibly can, so that he would be around.

I am also expecting the labour for mei mei to be shorter. Even watch a lot of Discovery Home & Health to know what to do should mei mei come out too fast.

Now hospital bag is only about 90% packed. Remaining items are all the electronic items.

rant

i dont care i want him in there he must be MAN enough! I told him before him he can back face the gynae & the blood just massage me & hold my hand.

my SIL's #3 came out as the gynae's hands were on the door knob outside the delivery suite!

+ my SIL walks alot lor so usually within 30mins of her going into the hosp she will pop - no time for gas or anything!

rantingbaby, tinybubu,

wah, u 2 very brave leh.. my HB was supposed to go overseas for 1 week n that time the date of the trip not confirmed yet, i alrdy told him that 1 mth b4 my EDD, he is not allowed to go anywhere... so now in the end he can only go after i pop... i cannot imagine going thru labour without him around...

vicma : i delivered c1 on 37weeks 4 days.She was natural with epi.So my gynae also told me the same thing as you - that second baby will kinda follow 1st baby's timeline.so i'm expecting to deliver mid april but then again,since my mucuos plug already fell out and baby is engaged,i have this nagging feeling that baby is coming real soon.

Vicma, the next time you get a chance, can you update my details with the following -

1) i'm having a boy.

2) i'll probably deliver at TMC

Also, i recd a package from TMC in the mail saying that on 15 March 2010, my gynae had booked a room for me already on my EDD 04 May 2010.In the care package,they told me to confirm my contact details and send back a form to them.They also included a booklet with FAQs on admission.This never happened when i was pregnant with my first child.gulp!even my gynae is paranoid that i might deliver early....

BTW : anybody knows any medical hall that can package the herbs for red date tea?need to prep my herbs but am on bed rest and there is no sinseh shop near my house (telok kurau) so my helper isnt really sure how to buy it for me.

gbh : not brave.LOL.it's just that no choice.hubby cannot suka suka choose his overseas assignments.Sad right?But i've learnt to live with it.When i was preggers with my 1st child,from the 3rd month to the 8th month,i only saw him on weekends.He used to fly home late fri night,then on sat morning,we would go to kkh for antenatal class then go to SK to visit dr woodworth.come back home by late afternoon and take a nap before cooking dinner at home.Then on sunday,he would do some paperwork and fly off by early afternoon.So quite used to not having him around...

tinybubu,

i think it takes a lot for the wives of HBs who need to be away most of the time.. i have a fren whose HB is a pilot.. so half the time he not around one... so she also bo bian if next time she gives birth HB not around... i very sticky to my HB one.. haha.. peifu peifu u all mummies out there who need to be much more independent! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tinybubu,

red date tea i think no need special package one right? just get red dates, dried longans n rock sugar n boil all tog will do.. how much amt per item i guess depends on personal preference?

tiny

actually any medical hall will do

1) pitted red dates

2) dried longans (black wetish ones best else more of the drier yellow ones also can - flesh only)

3) some also include black dates

4) ask them to recommend sugar some take rock sugar some take rock brown sugar

most medical halls will be able to tell u the proportion to cook with. u can vary to your personal taste & liking too.

starlight did mention dont follow their red date tea - some will say u need like 7-8 types of ingredients. the 4 mentioned is good enough actually.

dilute or drink alternate days if u want in then 3rd or 4th week if u feel that the heatiness is getting to u.

i would just go hock hua to get as they are quite popular now a days & their stuff turnover is fast.

else usually my mum goes to the bugis village opposite OG the hawkercentre the 2nd floor there are alot of Dried stuff shops - those too will have the red date tea stuff.

Back