(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

i dont allow maid to butt insert - infact only my dad with my mum's help did it once only in my absence cos no choice temp too high liao & i was not around.

must of the time at home only me do the butt inserts - u can put some vaseline 1st but usually theyw ill scream liao abit hard to put some cream 1st then insert.

i have a load of meds which i have to refresh from time to time chuck old & store new, i am not good with meds - just know the common ones.

my fav now is promethazine for cough. few yrs back recommendation came out for 3 yrs under dont give -alot of A & E cases breathlessness - now my GP tells me the recommended age has dropped to 2 yrs old.

so started that one #2 - it makes them sleepy (but maid child abuse alert lor) i dare not emphasise that i like it cos it makes them sleep = rest more get well faster - incase maid wants to rest more also give the kids we siao liao.

but the one i was given to insert pretty easy. it has a pointed head like rocket head and it's wax coated, so my hb distract her n i aim n push in quick quick..but certain point i hand went neng n i tink she uncomforatble..say pain pain..so sad lor..hear oredi heartpain macham like i sodomise her like tat. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

same here..i try not to keep old medicines unless like paracetamol or ibufen. those colored syrup mediciations, once she recover i ask my family throw...anyway not much left too at the end of the day aft wrestling wif her. Say 3ml dosage i have to use double amt coz sure kena face or body as we syringe it in...very messy sight

wah...so must note marking on bottle end of day so that they dun overfeed these medications to our kids...but thankfully i tink kids in general dun like take meds, so if realli wanna "drug" them need put up a fight first...heheh

lolz

i woke up 530am to take panadol as fever onset then went down he dont want - take up ask hb help la & bed easier also with him lying down.

I gave water - dont want. took few sips only.

I pointed to scotts vit c pastilles - he nodded his head LOLZ!!!! - at least ate something before the panadol lor!!!

Hi mommies,

It is the season of the sickness is it? My whole family is down w cough, I am the only one left standing (but almost going to collapse liao as tend to my #2 at night + pump milk so that hb can rest. Zzzzzz....

Morning...

Meds wise: last time TodM got fever i totally never give meds cos she refuse. luckily max was 38.4 so i left it.

we just went for booster MMR yesterday. its harder and harder to give injection as they grow older lor. after that have to go and buy birthday cake, eat another cake and go playground cos felt so bad for her. sigh.

celyn: ya la, i also hug tight tight, nurses were very good, less than one minute after i sat down with her,it was over. then she cry long long.

maddie,

yu xi will cry but once you give her things to eat, she stop.

yu ze will teh bao and cry a bit longer and want you to carry him.

i am always happy to see poop during fever - means the fever will go down in the next few hrs hopefully fever free lol!

sigh still feverish lor hovering around 38.

Re injection - reminds me of this lesson in 好妈妈胜过好老师 book. The parents behaviour and mentality are also impt. If they show anxiousness and fear, naturally the child will be edgy as well. One should be calm and let the child understand the reason for injection. Tell them that Pain in inevitable but it's like a previous experience that they have gone through. Encourage them to face it boldly without fear.

Shall try it next time. Rule of thumb. Kids look to their parents for guidance. And hopelly we give them the right signals (verbal and non verbal).

Chlosper: my girl is super scaredy one. That day hokey pokey already refuse health check. I carry her show all the toys inside if she let Aunty take temp she can go in n play. She say 'wo bu Yao play'.

Hi mommies,

A trick I used to get my gal to guai guai go for injection and haircut - sweets! Now she will tell u she wants to go for haircut and see dr Rajna becos she knew she will get lollipop after that. A fuss-free and cry-free experience - priceless! Hee...

ruru cat,

hhahaha.... i never give rewards. yu xi has not had hair cut for very long except for fringe. i will cut for her but must wait for her mood to cut.

maddie,

doesn't she has health cheak in in school?

vic ma,

fyi. till now i still haven't received my items. i don't have time to pick up from serangoon garden post office, the re-direction doesn't work on the phone and web. only manage to get it re-deliver to marine parade for me to pick up on mon. praying very hard, it doesn't get send back to you.

aiyoh everytime i see the needle going into mimi's flesh, i will cringe oredi...am not a good role model hahaha

im also wishing for the time wen she will love to take medicine so willingly...bluff her sweet sweet but stil refuse. very stubborn

Celynn

i understand it will stay with them for 1 month before they activate returning to sender. should still have time to argue with them ba

sorry if i k kiang register - cos very heavy!

what other injections we need to go ar?

there is a prevenar booster? i did mine before 6 mths old.

chicken pox & flu i intend to give both except jie jie had pox liao.

what else?

oh glasses out liao for my #1 - borderline scolded maid, & girl for borderline eye health.

I threaten #1 - if she dont take care of her eyes by sitting up to read & watch tv & watch tv far away enough & not stand in front of the tv - I will have to get her glasses & will not have any more budget for sweets or ice cream ANY MORE!

vic ma,

no problem. its not your fault. you are trying to be safe and make sure i receive them too. now, they only keep for 10 days then they send back loh. i try web and call up and system cork up loh. till today then that customer service person is willing to help me arrange loh.

There is a prevenar booster jab for our kids, even our babies need the jab. i just jab for both and its cpf deductable.

chicken pox jab even when they took mmr. i don't intend to give flu jab cos i think its useless. i think flu jab need to keep jabbing cos there is always new one.

dear all,

today i re read the news on mandatory weekly rest days for maid. it wrotes

to give employers time to adjust, the new law will kick in for FDW work permits issued or renewed from 1 Jan 2013, it will not affect existing maids until their permits are renewed after that date.

By 2015, all maids will be covered by the new legislation.

this is in channelnews asia. singapore news

Can I say my current maid to renew in june 2012, she will still be having a monthly rest day. If I will to renew her or have a new maid after 1 Jan 2013 new policy applies.

Hi Chips,

Yah, I think it is correct. Aiyah, at the end of the day, it just means our maid will be paid more to compensate for their non off-days lor. Actually most of them wants only 1-2 days off per month becos it costs $ to go for their off-days.

employer qi cham.

maid get pay increase more rest days so well taken care by govt..

we so hard to get increment and now because of this new policy we got to follow.

how come govt never say we citizens salary also have to increase to meet the current living standard.

really gana sai

Celyn: have health check in school. But cos strangers so she super cling to me. Well at least I know she's not going to follow any 'Aunty' home.

anyone wants anything from Skinstore?

they are having 20% off currently want to see if anyone want to share shipping.

I getting 2 items.

Chips - tats our understanding too...so good la, settle everything/renew/change maid b4 Jan 2013, then not obliged to give one day off a week...hiak hiak

morning mummies...

I'm very concern and am here to ask something about childcare.. I think someone Tod is in Kinderland YCK right? Isit Cellow or Ceyln.. Just wanna ask if what I'm experiencing is normal or I'm just too Kan cheong or I have not been making enough noise in sch?

My boy has been sick on and off since the week b4 CNY. Took him off school for almost a month, in fact he was only in sch for about 5 days in total for the whole of Feb. I have to bring him to the PD every 1.5weeks. Took him out of sch for 1 week, sent him back and 2 days later he will fall sick again and the cycle carry on.. Until last week when he fully recover without runny nose, cough & phlegm finally. (BTW, i always picked up my boy with Dried up mucus around his nose and across his face - something that I should be concern with?)

During the period when he was not well, there's once he had diahhrea. The teachers did not even noticed that as they did not even tell me anything, in fact, when I picked him up, he was dressed in the spare attire from the school. Teachers told me that he had dirtied himself with poo hence they changed him with the sch clothes. I did not think much about it. WHen i reached home, my helper was saying how can he dirty himself when he is wearing diaper???? That same night, he pooped 3 times from 6pm till 11pm which is obviously diahhrea. Then it occured to me that he must have pooped a couple of times in the same diaper in the afternoon till it over-flowed and no teachers actually noticed that... That may means that no teacher has comes in close contact with my Tod for least 2-3 hrs to noticed that he had poo in his diaper????

Also, my Tod seems to be "falling" down quite freq, almost once a week at the playground or while walking.

Just wondering if this normal?

Is the Hygiene factor is too relax? Are the teachers not attentive enough? Any advise what i should do?

My boy is quite independent and sometimes may wander off to do his own things. I think He is quite advance for his age/class as he can speak and communicate his needs, eat on his own, play on his own, climb up and down stairs. hence sometimes he gets bored with what the class is doing and wander off. I can't help but think if it could be because he is not "needy" that's y the teachers are not as attentive to him?

I am prepared for kiddo to be sick and fall down (minor accidents) frequently but being sick and injuring himself (usually kanna small cut on the chin or bite himself when he fall) every other week seems to be too much.

I did feedback my concern with my Tod falling sick and fall down too frequently to the teachers during the meet parents session last week. This week so far has been okay, but he fell down again yesterday...teachers claimed that he was holding hands with another kid and that kid fell so "pull" him together...

What mummies here think????

Morn Moomies!! cant wait for the weekend! but weather these days seem hazy...dunno y...

XLH - going for free trial class at Montessori tml...dunno wat its going to be like. Then dinner wif the ILs..gosh, can jus imagine monday blues setting in real soon on sun...

Chipes...yeah home is still the best! ..hehe

adak,

Keep yr boy warm whenever possible ...my boy has runny nose & cough off n on since cny ..Much as I hate the idea of the lil one falling sick, what i can do is to minimise possible triggers like cold stuff, no air-con n more warm water .

On the poo part, have u tried talking to the CC teachers in detail? The teachers might have assumed that the poo 3X is normal for your boy but maybe can get them alert you when poo gets a bit watery n runny? ( not sure if linked to being sick cos my boy also like tt when he falls sick...his poo is runny )..Not sure if the teachers might / can help here cos got so many kids all ard ar the same time but no harm trying.

Falling down frequently

Is this something that has occurred only recently??? ...I know some kids trip n fall like what you deacribed & their parents just shrugged it off but if u are very concerned, then do get a professional opinion..maybe check with yr pd if got chance??? ...

Tink at sch...kids fall down more frequently than we tink & see ..can talk to the techers more to understand better...i know i do this more often now cos my boy comes home with aches ( when he keeps rubbing his hand etc ) n the teaccher doesn't inform me at times unless I asked them..yawnz

SG_SC

FoC trial ? at which branch?? ..i hv been trying to sign up for the trial but nooooo vacancies.

adak,

yu xi is there. i assume, they should be in the same class bah.

for me, its very common for them to be sick since they just started cc. i don't pull them out of cc to keep them at home to recover then go back. cos i see no point keep them at home. the 1st 6 months in cc, i'm prepare to be sick almost every week or alternate week. going to gp very often. as long as its common flu and cough, i don't really care.

i don't go to school physically cos they goes to school by school bus. i think there is an auntie in class to help up with the teachers.

as for the poo issues, maybe you can check with the teachers to find out more. it could also be a case of him only poo once in school but many times back home.

falling down is quite common bah cos they run around during play time. yu xi also can walk and walk and fall for no reason loh.

if this happens to yu xi, i will not do any action or raise any concern.

adak,

not sure if i share this before. yu xi was biten by her friend on her index finger. teacher did sms me to inform and i just leave it. i ask what happen, apparently she is the one who poke her finger into her friend's mouth. of course that little fellow doesn't know anything and just bite loh.

would you consider this as a case of teacher's neglecting them? not to be able to stop this in time?

Celyn, Sooo Sorry!!!! That's my Son who bite ur gal! Soo pai seh... Whahahahaha.... so they are in the same class!

About falling down, i think its more of a case that he was out of sight at the playground. I know it can't be avoided but didn't expect to be a weekly affair. I witness the first couple of days, when my TOd was at the playground (I was hiding behind the pillar) He actually wander off onto the pavement and the teachers did not notice that until awhile later.

I'm monitoring the poo poo part and see if it's just an isolated case.

He is not entering into the terrible two stage ... teacher just informed me that he has been snatching things from his friends in sch. both teachers and parents are now working on it, seems to have slight improvement... hope he don't get worst..

It seems that it's quite common/normal for what I'm experiencing.. so at least I'm not over-reacting as yet..

now with #2... really worried if #1 fall sick ...

celyn: is yuxi finger okay? I asked the teacher and she said they have put ice-pack on it. It must have been quite swollen I think...?

XLH - this lady called me last week asking me if i'm interested. I din sign up for anything but she said she got my contact from some seminar i attended previously...so might as well since i heard Montessori quite good. I can help you ask them if they have any more such free trial class n u faster contact them?

Adak - Congrats on ur #2! Already delivered or wen's EDD? It's such a small world that ur son n celynlee's dd actually in same class n had cross-fire...hhehehe...i guess its realli common for such things to happen esp wen there's so many other kids ard n sure kncok into each other then injure themselves or fall sick...but somehow i believe it makes the kids stronger [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SGSC: already delivered. He's a valentine's day baby.. that's why been soo stressed and busy.

I also say.. cant be avoided at times. just hope things don't get worst.. =P

yesterday I saw my boy push a boy as he is blocking his way. Im stil worry bigger kids may push him down on floor.. heng arh.. hhhahaa.. very bad of me huh ..

lucky he can stand quite firm on ground.

Adak: congrats. TodM can fall down on her own while standing still. If teacher were to tell me each incident she fall down, think must write essay Liao. Yup my #2 also fell sick when he was just one month old. So far 3 months old sick 3 times already. Poor guy. We limit todM contact with him. So she pass to father whO pass to bb n me. Sigh.

SGSC: yeah, lil one choose his birthday. quite a charmer i must say.. hahaha *no shy*

Oregon: ya, every mummy also worry bb kanna bully.. haha i worry he go an bully other ppl cause he is quite stubborn.

Maddie: Congrats too! think i should just take it as a pinch of salt. =) actually i am more worried that i too relax liao... later anything happen then blame myself for not looking into things earlier..

adak,

hahah.... its ok lah, small case. she never complain or say anything when she comes back. her finger is not swollen liao too.

#1 was biten by his classmate before too at the same age and it was my company's contractor niece loh. :p

congrats on your #2.

Back