(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

murni..

i have the same issue!!.. i only 8 weeks.. then my tummy super obvious lor..like growing at super speed.. donno isit becos tummy stretched b4...

Hello... I went for doctor's appointment yesterday. not very resassured from it.

By dates, I am 7.5 weeks. but by scan, only 5 weeks. means, I must have ovulated very late last month, if not it is abnormal pregnanct. at 5 weeks, only sac cld be seen, so that part is normal. just that the dating is very off. I tested for pregnancy with ultra sensitive pregnancy test kit on day 34, 36 and 38. but detected only on day 38.. so there is a chance it could be very late ovulation.. .

Hi, I would like to join you.. My EDD is 3 March, 3rd kid, Gynea is Dr Heng TL, Hospital EastShore, Location Pasir Ris.

Went to accompany my youngest son for surgery yesterday... When he woke up from GA and started crying and asking for me, its a mothers' instinct to carry him and sayang him.. The doctors and nurses there quickly push a chair for me to sit and told me to be careful.. I was like "uh?"... i ask "isit that obvious?" and the doctor ask "so how many months now?" ... too embarrased to even reply its only 7 weeks.. so i said "errr 3 mths"..

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_blush.gif]

so funny! My tummy is much bigger this time round.. even though a scan I did yesterday said only 5 weeks! I can understand how you felt teenoyl!

Hehe.. seems like mosty of us encounter the same problem.. but unfortunately i'm still can't get seat in e bus..haha

Hi cactus,

Thanks for adding me in.. So fast.. For me, tummy is not obvious now.. The problem i had was on and off brown discharge from week 5 to week 7.. Now week 8, no more discharge already.. But now got constipation, i have to eat prunes to solve that problem.. else, also got a lot of gas, keep burping..

I went to the gynea at week 7, and saw the heartbeat.. so next visit is at 11 weeks when I can start the package already..

maybe its the access fats from our previous pregnancy hahaha.. ya ya.... they will look at you, look at your tummy, look at you again, look at your shoes, then pretend to fall asleep.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/angry.gif]

will be taking public transport next week (whole week.. arghhh), can advise me how you all cope with the morning hunger and nauseous feeling while in the mrt/bus... i confirmed will be standing all the way fr Yishun to Raffles Place...

no worries, yve. I just happen to be online.Lovinglife is another mummy-to-be who helps update the list. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Good for you.. can see heartbeat at week 7. my pregnancy is in limbo, cos I think I may have gotten my dates wrong. worried.

TeeNoyl, I'm standing from Tenan Merah to Raffles Place already... very xian. alot of commuters wear perfume, and it makes me feel sick in a crowded train. I keep a pack of sweets with me. the sour type.

hmm,

i also did not want to announce to everyone till i saw the heartbeat.. before getting preg, worry about why take so long to get preg.. then after getting preg, worry about if the bb is normal.. no end to the worrying.. even if till the end of the pregnancy, will still worry if the delivery will be smooth..

I tested one day after i missed my period, but it was negative.. then still no period one week later, test again and was positive..

btw, for mommies who want to get some maternity clothes.. Spring Maternity at Suntec, happy kidz level, 3rd floor is having a sale.. t-shirt material tops for $10.. woven tops for $15 and bottoms for $20.. Some may look cheap, but good enough for weekend wear..

thanks for sharing Re: maternity clothes, yve. I had no choice but to share news, cos my tummy was showing already. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hee, then you should be able to get a seat on public transport lor.. i think I will announce to my mother and MIL this weekend..

yve, in a crowded train, pple don't notice our tummies.. standing so close to each commuter, packed like sardines. how to notice... the standing up is not tiring me out.. it's the perfume. But during my #1 pregnancy, even sitting down in train was bad, unless I got the 1st or 2nd seat nearest to the door cos of poor ventilation. not preggie, never notice it loh. If I sit more to the middle of the train carraige, I feel dizzy.

cactus,

Yeah, some smells turn me off too.. There was a dish of prawns during a dinner that really made me feel like puking.. Could not take any of the dish at all.. I don't vomit, but everything just taste funny during this first tri..

yah.. the other day, I ta-bao chicken home for my family for dinner. my hb picked me up from work. so smelly! I wish I could throw the chicken out of the window. I was positively green during the trip home.

its so ironic ya, we are at our lousiest when we look "normal".. once our tummy shows, we can relax a bit.. sometimes i wish we have special tag we can wear to tell ppl we are expecting.. or how i wish LTA will seriously consider reserving the first carriage for pregnant women, elderly and small kids...

Yve, thanks for the info.. i desperately needs to buy few bottoms for my budging tummy... Wow! you havent share with your mothers yet??

Cactus, Ok will standby sweets in my bag..

Dun understand why hb needs to go for 1 week reservist during this critical months... kekeke

TeeNoyL,

Yeah.. Maybe I am even more cautious with this third one cos of my age.. already 36 this year, high risk lah..

Yve, ya, me too.. going 35 in few mths time.. got to hear what my gynae got to advise tomorrow, when i see him...

When i last see him for my pap in Dec08, he was like warning me, if i want to try for another one, make it fast, preferably in 6 mths time.. before i reach my 35th bday.. so we are happy we reach our own "target period"...

I am already counting down the number of weeks.. 40 weeks, 20% done..

Actually tell early also means i get to drink some nourishing soups.. hee.. but birdnest will only be supplied in second tri..

get your hb to buy for you now lah, yve! tell him, 1st trimester is for you to beautify yourself, 2nd trimester is for the baby. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

TeeNoyL,

How old are your number 1 and 2? Mine are 4 and 3 (ger and boy).. Boy still wants me to carry him! Buay Tahan, got to slowly wean him off..

the dried pieces are cheaper than the bottled ones.. for hte same quantity. even the bottled ones have differences - concentrated, normal. whole strand, small pieces.

cactus_79,

I always tot those dried pieces are veri expensive. Think i will choose a better grade of bottled ones, more convenient. Btw, wat kind of nourishing soup is gd for pregnant ladies?

grace82, it is actually cheaper. cos the dried pieces will expand. And the dried pieces are not "small pieces"/scattered small pieces. but are whole strands. Whole strands in bottle form, same net weight is more expensive.

I don't know what nourishing soups to take... but do avoid chinese herbs UNLESS you know what it is. From what I know, do not take dang gui. Baby will be very big sized (unless you want big baby). My aunt who took dang gui, all her 3 kids over 4.5kg. That was 20 years ago leh. She took it cos she had miscarriages. So took it to bu her body. her babies were all very healthy loh, but difficult labour. end up c-section.

yve, i hv 2 bois.. (3 actually, but lost him at 20 weeks).. one 9yrs old and one 3yrs old..

my elder one already started selecting names for his new baby and for my 3 yrs old, we try to get him involved in the pregnancy as much as we can..

The first thing he learned is not to do daredevil stunt on me... My hb and elder one love to kiss my tummy, and he will follow suit eventho i tink he's blur on why they do that.. but i noticed he will quietly kiss me and my tummy when i am asleep...

Hi,

New to the forum, please add me as well Cactus, thanks!

Nick: ethan_ethel

EDD : 20th March

Baby# : 1

Gynae : Dr Caroline Khi

Hospital : TMC

Do u gals think its okay for me to stop Duphaston cos i think Im getting naseau most of the day after taking it. It was initially prescribed for me cos Im supposed to go on a trip to Japan, thus the gynae suggested that as "an tai" medicine.

TeeNoyL,

I see.. So you are trying for a ger? Yeah, for 3 year old, they cannot really understand the new baby now..

I forgot what kind of herbal soup can be drank during first tri leow.. i can check with my mom this weekend..

cactus79,

thks for ur info, i didnt noe we cant take dang gui, and it will result in big babies..shall avoid that.

And can u update for mi? My EDD is on 16th Mar (confirmed by my gynae yest).

hi ladies,

juz a doubt which i have...am in my 8th week juz went for my 1st scan but dr adrian told me to go back again in 2 weeks time..any 1 have any idea wat's the purpose? coz on my 1st scan the heartbeat is already detected...

yve.. ya ya i'm cross everything hoping to get ger tis time...

ethan.. shd you ask me, i am definitely against any kind of medication during pregnancy.. its a very long story, but to cut it short, i learnt my lesson a very hard and painful way [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

since my appointment with my gynae will only be tmr, can tell me what to expect? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/uhoh.gif]

Siti, yah, my EDD will be different. I will update new EDD after I see doctor in 2 weeks' time. cos I was told until fetal pole is seen, any dating done is inaccurate. but my EDD is likely to be about 18 March now...

Grace, sure! Will update in a bit!

Serlina, was your fetus measuring correctly? Expected length for the expected age?

Ethan, why don't you check with your doctor? It's better that way...

hi cactus

hmm...i'm not sure if it's the right size for the age..i'm 8th week pregnant and the size of my bb is 1.69cm...is that normal?

Serlina, I just checked my own records for my #1 pregnancy. At week 8 day 2, my fetus measured 1.89cm. I think yours sounds normal...

Does your doctor charge you per visit now? Not on package yet?

Got this info from Babycentre. at 8 weeks exactly, fetal length is 1.6cm. Yours sounds about correct.

Gestational age Length (US) Weight (US) Length (cm) Mass (g)

(crown to rump) (crown to rump)

8 weeks 0.63 inch 0.04 ounce 1.6 cm 1 gram

9 weeks 0.90 inch 0.07 ounce 2.3 cm 2 grams

10 weeks 1.22 inch 0.14 ounce 3.1 cm 4 grams

11 weeks 1.61 inch 0.25 ounce 4.1 cm 7 grams

12 weeks 2.13 inches 0.49 ounce 5.4 cm 14 grams

13 weeks 2.91 inches 0.81 ounce 7.4 cm 23 grams

14 weeks 3.42 inches 1.52 ounce 8.7 cm 43 grams

15 weeks 3.98 inches 2.47 ounces 10.1 cm 70 grams

for my case, i took up the package on my 1st visit, coz for dr adrian case his package can start once u r confirm preggie.

but am juz wondering how come the nxt visit is so near...tot normally is abt 1 mth once.

some told me might be blood test or thing like that...btw juz wondering is it advisable to do the down syndrome at 12 weeks? or can i juz pass that?

Serlina, for my 1st pregnancy, the visits are once per month until 32 weeks. It was an uncomplicated pregnancy and I was not high risk.

Normally blood test will be done altogther. I assume you are talking about HIV, Rubella, Hep B, Iron level checks. The down syndrome test (triple screen test?) is done between week 11 to just before week 13. Depends on whether you want to keep the baby or abort if baby is abnormal. most doctors will advice you to do amnio (which carries a 0.5% to 1% chance of miscarrying even a healthy baby) for a conclusive result on anomalies IF You are high risk from the triple screen test. For me, I was 29years old at EDD for my #1. I did the triple screen test, and was high risk but didn't do amnio, cos I didn't plan to abort. baby turned out normal at birth. I did triple screen test just to have mental prep incase bb was abnormal.. nothing more.

oh okie...thks cactus

coz my frenz told me that since we r still young there's no need to do the down syndrome test.

serlina, how much is yr package and what it includes generally? I also thought i made too quick decision to sign up on my 1st visit..

Back