(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

Steph, haha, I like buying household appliances, though some of them are underused esp my cake mixer n deep fryer. :p

Melissa, Dec is nice, school hols again & Xmas season. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Haha, your kids will be like mine, no. 1 born in Jan (beginning of yr child), no. 2 born in Dec (year end child). Will be interesting to see how they compare in terms of learning.

babies babies..

i wanna have more babies.. but is hubby the one who say no.. hahhaha

then i just told him.. that in our forum got 4 mummies pregnant again liao..

then he replied.. then what are we waiting for?

so i told him.. have to wait for my menses to be over first. hahahhaa

i think muz really think hard for 2nd one liao..

m stress at work n feel like quiting my job n work full time on my weight lost program. But of coz lar that is not as stable as my full time job. n we are force to bring in a maid too.. expenses all will go up.. sigh sigh sigh $$$$$$

but m really love to get pregnant..

i miss those days of being pregnant..

n the feeling of the baby moving n kicking inside me.

mindy, ur hb very funny leh! I missed being preggy sometimes too so that I won't be criticised for being fat...hahah! N able to get priorities but the morn sickness makes me kinda sian

Pauline, melissa, firipy - Thanks.

Mindy - Love your hubby's comment and reaction. So funny!

Firipy, mindy - I missed being pregnant too! Yes yes, the feeling of baby moving inside is such a miracle. But must put things in perspective and priority 1st.

Good morning, mummies.

Great news in the morning to see Melissa mummy preggy! Heartiest congratulations!

It had been an extremely hectic 2 weeks for me. Just when I thought I settled down nicely in my new job. With biz travel, and all, it is really quite draining. 2 Sat ago, when I returned from my biz trip, found out that Luis was running a fever. We tried nursing him at home for the next 3 days. Then, on Vesak day, his fever shot up to 41 deg C and severe vomiting and diarrhea, we brought him to A&E and he was warded. Stayed in hospital till Sat, then discharged. Meantime, since I just joined a new company, I don't have leave, so thank god for a understanding boss, I came to office for all the meetings, then work from hospital or from home....

cocoMama> Till today, Lucas still has very bad SA. He still cannot see me leaving the house, else he will scream the whole HDB block down!

firipy> actually it's not a bad thing. i've heard from a parenting program that a child goes through five stages before they learn to share. the first stage is that they will learn about what are theirs. so lil A can already identify with things that belong to him.

melissa> that is cute. at least, it's more balance yeah... no specific preference for 1 person only.

mindy> jia you!

luvbabe> wah.. Lucas is so attached to you. Hope Luis will have a speedy recovery.

luvbabe, many babies are sick recently.. My fb alot of mummies checked in A&E recently..

Is it of the weather or what?!?!!

firipy, YES! The best part is no one will complain that we are fat.. The best excuse to eat all we want n be treated like a queen at home. My hubby will do everything for me!!

But dunno will I get the same treatment when I get my 2nd one? Haha first baby of coz Gan jiong.. Maybe 2nd one he boh chap Liao..

My previous prenancy also had morning sickness but only 1st trimester.. N bad heartburn during last trimester.. But overall still quite fun!! Hehe I also enjoyed the maternity leave! Imagine get paid for 4 months n don't need to

work.. Damn shiok right !! Haha

pauline> Same lah! I love buying electrical appliances too but always end up white elephant!

cocomama> so good! think my Caleb still need more time!

#2...#3...great to hear more!

I missed being pregnant too, too bad Caleb came out 3 weeks earlier. I was like..."Oh no, not now..." when my waterbag burst.

Income tax...btw, you claim more when you have more kids...i heard that those with 4kids no need to pay income tax?

Cocomama, u made me feel better abt A nt sharing.... But he always seem to b very territorial . After ppl lend him things for awhile, he take it as his! He selectively shares with ppl he knows like me n hb, his gramps or some of those jiejies he like.... Haha

mindy, jiayu!!! your hb really vy cute leh!!!!

luvbabe, hope Luis is ok now...wow nowadays fever goes higher n higher ah...

melissa, your kids will sure be vy loving to each other...

luvbabe> thanks! wah it sounds v siong. thankfully u have a understanding boss.

pregnancy> actually i dislike being pregnant cos body doesn't feel like mine. tired lah. breathless. become v immobile esp when baby grows bigger. haha. i rather faster baby come out.

pauline> yah but only thing dec then i lugi one month of sch holidays. the good thing is that my hubby follow the school holidays so he can help a lot in the first month.

tyl, I wanna order seekairun shoes too,who wants ah? I wannna tongbang

luvbabe, I hope Luis gets better, recover asap! N hope the fever nvr comes bk.

luvbabe>just read your post. hope both your boys stay healthy n don't fall sick again.

lunch one day when you have more time? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

firipy>not sure if I'm ordering this time although I'm tempted by one of the sandals. How many you want? Maybe if we've enough for 3 pairs, I order for us...

firipy>then see whether anyone else want or not lor. for me, its not a must cos I bought shoes for ayden le [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Mummies..

anyone of you want

mamil gold 2 FM x 1 small tin

NAN2 FM x 1 big tin

Similac 2 FM x 1 small tin

Coz isaiah is having friso and m changing it to pediasure..

have anyone of ur babies having pediasure??

my mom felt that the FRISO not good.. isaiah has no weight gain at all since 12months till now.. 16months old. He is still very skinny and fall sick easily.. So my mom felt that we should change his milk..

some told me that pediasure is good..

for picky eaters like him..

what do you all think?

any other recommendation?

mindy>I heard pediasure is v sweet. oso quite expensive. i think their weight gain will b slower now that they are older and more active. if you really want to change, maybe get a small tin or samples first? in case he doesn't like it. have you also spoken to your PD about his weight gain?

mindy, congrats! it helps that your husband is a hands on dad, that makes the decision easier

who are the 4 mummies pregnant already ah?

luvbabe

omg, the fever 41C? that's very high, hope he has more or less recovered. Must be tiring and worrisome during the past weeks, and new job.

Pauline,

I also buy kitchen appliances but seldom use due to time and space constraint. e.g. breadmachine, love letters, pancake maker etc. I am thinking of getting ice cream maker and waffle maker now. But its bad, cost its more for self satisfaction than anything else.

Re: 2nd kid

a lot of mums are suddently overwhelmed with the first, but with 2nd, am sure you will be more relaxed and experienced. There is no need to make a permanent decision as long as you are still able to bear. But on the other hand, very very busy, esp if the gap is close. But they grow up together, go to same kindy, same school, schoolbus, same weekend lessons, same outings, share clothes, toys etc. Really like childhood best friend lor.

On the other hand, if the age is bigger gap, also good, no need siong with the school stress all at once.

the 4 preggie mummies...i dunno some of their nick cos i saw the announce in FB nia

1)Linda aka joy

2)Clarissa

3)Jasmine

4)Melissa

firipy> it's exactly like what they said. whatever they can touch and hold, they will think it's theirs. next, they will learn that there are things that belong to other people. they develop stage by stage before eventually learning that they can co-own and share things.

firipy/lsntyl> i'm also interested in 1 pair of SKR shoes. shall we combine our orders?

Steph, furby, hi^! Nice to know I'm not alone. Besides kitchen appliances, I'm been beowing the Le Cruset french oven for the longest time but too exp to splurge. Tom, got Isetan Private Sale & this weekend, Taka sale, tempted again. :p

But at least my last impulse buy, turned out to be most well used kitchen item ever - my pressure cooker pot. It really saves time in cooking soups and the meat from pork ribs are so soft, they fall off the bone, perfect for my gals. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Melissa, I see, my hubby was free for 1 month when I delivered on 2 Dec so it was great though he could slack cos I had my trusted CL. ;)

YL, saw the SKR shoes, like the pink frilly pair but seems like there is no size liao, since only size 5, 6. :p

cocomama/tyl, let me know if u all wanna order k. I got few shoes fr jessie spree but still too big for A to wear but boys not much accessories to buy except shoes n caps

cocomama, I was very embarassed everytime A is so "selfish" n rude.....He seems to particularly fight with that kid, he will give in a bit to my cousin's son who is 7 mths younger. He is very generous with those 5-8 yr olds, shove his toys into the jiejie hands

yuki wants to order SKR shoes so I start a spree bah. but say first, need to go through concierge cos they don't accept non-US cards. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] who else wants to order, please pm me by tomorrow, 12pm. Enough time, ya? worried they run out of sizes.

SKR shoes

1) yuki (1 pair)

2) LSnTYL (1 pair)

pauline>is the pink pair the smaller range? That normally has smaller sizes. The sole is a bit like pediped for beginners. The normal SKR range has a thicker but still flexible sole. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SKR shoes

1) yuki (1 pair)

opps. the sandals I wanted to get for ayden has run out of stock so I won't be ordering for myself. But don't mind helping to coordinate if others still want.

Hi mummies,

I am creating some flashcards in English and Chinese, on powerpoint using Glenn Doman and some of my own words. I just started, currently there are "wild animals" and "birds" for you to download.

I am sharing with fellow mummies for FREE. Help me share with your friends if you think these are useful [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Visit the FB page below to view instructions on downloading the slides:

www.facebook.com/sgmothers

Congrats to preggy mommies. U girls are really brave. I think I'll be very nervous to be pregnant if my kid is less than 2 yrs old.

Furby

I agree with what you say. Somehow you'll find ways to manage. Women are strong creatures & I think once we become mothers, we are more ready to accept & deal with more challenges. I'm thankful I already have 2 kiddos. I have monster-mom moments but I think I really enjoy having them in my life. It's so much fun with 2!

Yesterday we wanted to go to the playground but I just told Adam in jest that we'd be leaving his sister at home alone. And Adam was sooo worried, he said, "Ibu! Aifah also wants to follow! She wants to go to the playground!" & at night, if he stirs from sleep, he sometimes would mutter his sister's name out. Hehehe. But I think that makes up for the punching, shoving & kicking he subjects his sister to during the day :p

Firipy

Your Ayden is very fiesty lehh.. Yesterday I brought my girl for MMR at poly & she was rather unco-operative. She wanted to walk around the nurse's office & really struggled when she was jabbed! Tsk tsk...

Cocomama

You're quite soft-hearted also eh? Can turn back from wedding dinner :p Oh well the sacrifices we make as moms. Foregoing sumptious dinner for quiet time & maggi mee.

Mindy

Pediasure is extremely sweet. Read the ingredients. The first thing on the list is sucrose, and not milk. In fact it's not even milk I think. It's just a supplement for picky eaters. How about supplementing with pediasure for a few feeds instead of totally changing his milk?

smalldreams. TYL > yeah.. is very sweet as we have tasted.. now m adding 2 scoops of the pediasure to his friso milk trying to change over slowly..

n is expensive too! $38.30 for a tin n normally no promo too..

With Pediasure added to his milk.. this boy will actually asked for milk now.. early morning standing at his cot and shout MmilK Mmilk Mmilk MmilK MmilK .. the only word he can pronounce super chun is "MILK" with the m sound n k sound behind. Leapfrog DVD works! hahaha

but i really feel like changing friso..

how abt gain or similac?

whats the FM that the majority are using now?

Mindy

that's so cute of Isaiah !

My little girl's speech not as developed.

She just goes "uh, uh!" when she wants anything.

Pediasure very yummy, so sweet :p

U can read through the fat content / ingredients. From what I know, friso uses skimmed milk. Enfagrow uses Full Cow's milk. Gain IQ uses non-fat milk. Lol. But I guess what matters is the ingredients content. I must be siao to read through the ingredients list of milk. I mean, milk IS milk rite?

As A doesn't really like to drink milk, I told my mom she can just drink any fresh milk from the fridge. She kinda likes it & would insist on sipping the milk through a straw holding the cup herself.

For me, I buy whatever FM that's on sale (cheapo hor). If Friso on sale, I buy. If Enfagrow got promo, I buy. So far, no aversions. coz well, milk IS milk [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mindy,

i seldom buy any powder milk, but if I buy, it would be any powder milk, like fernleaf, nestle, fresh milk, yoghurt etc. I don't get any baby milk like similac, friso, NAN, mamex, pediasure etc.

mindy> pediasure is the sweetest FM i hve tried so far..like Isaiah, my boy's weight has been stagnant for abt 4 mths..still at 10kg..one PD told me it is normal becos they will onli gain 2 kg at their 2nd year..another PD told me to supplement wif Pediasure..o..becos my boy onli take a proper breakfast..he can skipped lunch n dinner! snacks on apples,yoghurt,biscuits..maybe tat is the reason he is always sick..lately i so kiasu..ordered multi vitamins, fish oil,etc..cheaper than his medical bills..

luvbabe> hope yr boys are fine nw..u must be veri tired looking after the boys n still need to work..jia you..

smalldreams> i got the news via motherhood email..jus send in request for free samples..

mindy, smalldreams> my boy will wail 'ma ma ma ma' n pull my leg when he wans milk,water or food'..so tis mummy must point n ask him wat exactly he wans..tink he is a bit slow in his speech..dog is = bird..cat is = bird, everything is bird lah..hope next month he gives me surprise n ask for MILK properly..he even call me 'papa' at times..peng san..

mamaD

Same! last few months, she was able to say mama, papa, gor gor, nai nai etc. But nowadays everything is 'papa'. Everytime we ask her to repeat or say some word, she will slowly but surely say "papa", then smile and clap for herself.

mamaD

are you a SAHM still? Wah, if you cut down on those snacks, will he eat dinner? It's tough but sometimes we're so desperate we just feed them anything as long as they eat rite? But I'm quite lucky my #2 enjoys eating.

Your boy is 10 kg? That's heavier than my kid! My girl is only 8.7 kg at 16 months! 50th percentile. Height, only slightly more than 50th percentile. So puny altho she eats a lot! Then again at birth only 3 kg also. Nurse says she's the petite type.

As for speech, yesterday I met a Jan 2011 baby at a playground. Her speech was more advanced than my girl. She can identify colours etc. My girl can't. I guess it's because I also don't really make a conscious effort in teaching her colours etc. But my girl runs and climbs like a much bigger kid. So I guess each child develops differently. At a certain age, they'll all match up in terms of their development.

haha cute what call you "Papa". My hubby has been waiting for my girl to call him daddy. She only calls me "Ibu" now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

furby> my friend's son at 18mths oso call papa n never call her mama..haha..she so jealous of her DH..haha..

smalldreams> yah! still SAHM..his height is 80cm..but since there are a lot of worries tat i cannot handle at times..i decided to forget abt his weight n concentrate to interest him in food..he so picky tat i hve to tell him i switch on cartoon n u eat pls..he will quicky sit dwn in his little arm chair..but still dun wan to eat..i tried so many methods..like not letting him drink milk early in the morning..no snack until 2 hrs later..milk intake a day is 500ml..no increase even though he skipped lunch n dinner..he can starve himself for 4-6 hrs without milk or snack! pains me..PD said continue like tat..he will eat if he is really hungry..aiyoh..pain pain me leh..

MamaD

don't worry, he's thriving if he's active. It's us who's worried but we gotta fight that feeling. Not easy, but we have to try. Plus it's better to be lean than to be overweight. That's what PDs will always say.

Yeah.. I think being a mum for almost 17 months, I had learn quite a few lessons on the way ( and abit dreadful of the even more lessons as Arwen goes older).

See, my backside itchy again. Since I decided not to have second kid, that means we really can give A the best of the best. Here, I have a few mummy friends who are scouring for preschools liao and I initially skip the idea as I know if I have 2nd kid, I cannot afford to send A to a very expensive school.

Many mummies here also send their kids to playschool which can range from SGD 30 onwards per session for 1 hour each. I find it ex but since well, I can afford now, so I had been bringing A for trial classes.

She started her Baby French class last week too and what had I learn? Silly me, I have this romantic Hallmark vision of Arwen lovingly sitting on my lap, lapping up the fun Frenchy stories the teacher is telling. Silly me, having this illusion that Arwen will then look at me with big adoring sparky eyes , happy then she is with mummy learning something new.

Reality..

Try keep a 16.5 months old still for 2 mins. Arwen wouldn't for the life of her wonder why suddenly she has to sit and listen to this angmo who is speaking a language which she had never heard. She wants to play with the puppets, the books, she wants to roam around the classroom, she can identify the crayons and paper but why can't she play with them? She love the dogs cartoon on the wall and giggle at them, why mummy keep dragging her away to sit? What the hell is this sticky thing? Glue? FUN! I want to spread it all over my arms and legs . Why mummy keep giving bits of paper to stick on the ball? Oh.. don't like the feeling of the glue *WAIL WAIL WAIL*

Oh music! I like! Dance dance dance, why that little girl crying? I also want to cry *wail wail wail*

I tell you girls......... it is so funny lor! All the kids in the class are of her age and they are so RESTLESS!

Those trial class, same thing. Seriously... it is waste of money bringing them there. The trial class also quite cute, they have this paint session. The teacher goes around putting some paint on a plate, Arwen like " WTF, only ONE COLOR!!!????". I look at her bored face and started laughing. I mean at home, she got about 4 or 6 colors everytime we do hand paint.

I think .....really.... it is me who actually thinks she needs enrichment this and that. It is me who thinks it will be better for her, make her smarter, learn faster. I am scare even though I do not even know why i am scare she will lack behind on and on and on.

I mean, it is good classes but when I see the kids faces there, they honestly just look bewildered and confuse, not engage with joy.

Some older kids do have fun there so I decide Arwen will go to these classes after she turns 2 or more if I feel it will benefit her.

Ahh... another funny thing. I went nuts buying handpaint, whatever I can find here, I just buy. My mother is like.. need so much meh?? I just ignore.

End up.. Arwen is those who dun anyhow whack paint one.I keep shoving more and more paint for Arwen to play but she can only handle one color at a time and she enjoys swirling, pinching, spreading it on her arms and legs more than paper. Whole process can entertain her for over 45 mins. I think er, per session, she use less than 30 mls of paint! Now I am like one silly twit with tons of paint!

Thing is, they really don't need much eh, it is me who needs to have all, need more, sibei kiasu! I mean I am not hard on myself or regret buying paint cos I know I can host a playdate with those also but more again how all these humble me and make me understand, kids have the most fun when we dun expect too much from them and let them be.

wah ... everytime I dun post ... I start reading a lot of posts in here. Hhahaa. Then again, it's also coz' I haven't been in here for a while. Been a trying few weeks for me, some changes in domestic help, planning for DH's birthday and of course being held hostage by Nat all the time to read to her, play with her, take her out. Am I the only one or is it simply mentally exhausting to look after these tods these days?! Everyday, I just yearn to take her out to exhaust her energy man.

At home, she's crazy! She goes up and down the couch, pulls drawers, takes things out, brings books to me to read to her a gazillion times. I am so gonna start her on art and craft. Nat's also enjoying her once a week music class. She dances, moves to the rythm, experiments with the different musical instruments etc. It is really fun to watch her grow these days.

As tiring as it may be, I actually enjoy looking after her as compared to a year before. I feel that at least I have more freedom on my hands as she gets to be more independent.

As for speech development, Nat is nowhere near all the tods here! She doesn't even like calling mama or dada. Everyday just soaking in her baby language. She's such an opposite from me considering I started my first words as early as 8 months.

I have also been wondering if it's because she's not exposed much to people at home, hence not too keen to speak.

As for number 2, I have been waivering too. I kinda agree with what furby said and that is ... sibling dependency is not as strong as before considering the social network today. And as I shared quite some time ago, I have never shared a really close r/s with my siblings to really feel the importance of siblinghood. Plus given the kinda exhaustion I am going through raising Nat, I simply cannot imagine being pregnant on top of all that! But all that being said, I am well aware that Nat will grow older, and she'll want company at home.

And having one more child in the house just makes things more lively. But if we were to decide to have number 2, all things definitely have to wait till she's at least settled in school. I guess I'm not as blessed as some of the moms back home where they have family help or reliable maids.

As for behaviour with other kids, I have kinda observed that as aggressive as Nat is at home, when it comes to playing with other kids, she tends to take a more backseat role. If kids snatch things away from her, she'll just let them. She won't push them away nor guard her things. Or if another kid pushes her, she'll just pick herself up and go about doing her own stuff. Sometimes, I wonder if it's a good thing in the sense that she may just be bullied. I agree with cocomama about their personalities showing. Nat is definitely one of those who have very individualistic personality.

She's not someone whom u ask her to do whatsoever, she'll do on cue. She'll observe and then one fine day, just surprise u. Definitely very free-spirited. These days, her favourite hobby is offering kisses. She'll muak everything she has. Her stuffed toys, me and DH of course.

cocomama - About SA, Nat recently has been wanting me to stay in the room with her before she drifts off to sleep at nite. If not, she'll wail and wail. It's a milestone actually. In the sense that they have understood what happens after the door closes on them. It only happens when I close the door on her during her bedtime. It's but a phase that will pass.

luvbabe11 - Sorry to hear about what happened to Lucas. When Nat came down with fever of 40.4, I really freaked out too. It's even more trying for you that you started on a new job. Hope all is well now.

lamb: Hah , indeed, it is getting busier eh! Arwen now refuse to let us work! If she see Ayi doing work related stuff, she will grab her hands and drag her away from the work table! If she see me making some stuff for the store, same, will whine and don't let me do it! These days, I have to do all these work after she sleep or when she naps.

Keeping her busy is really a job on it's own. Best is still to bring her out and let her exhaust herself out with all the running!

jessie - I've never as much looked forward to her nap times and bedtimes man ... coz' it's when I can find peace. These days, I'm actually happy that DH travels! Coz' that means I dun have to cook. The moment she's in bed, I pack up a bit, bury myself in my couch and tv!!! Just doing brainless stuff. So tell me ... how to ever get pregnant at this stage?!

Lamb: Yah, me too. When DH is away in Seoul for 3 nights, it is like YEAH !!!! ME ME ME TIME! I will watch my favorite DVDS, read or just have 5 hours of uniterrupted work time. I think it is good for DH too to take a break from all the morning feeds and cleaning poo! LOL. I mean Arwen only poo at 6.15 am everyday. So whacky lah, I think DH is the one who cleans up poo the most!

That is why I am kinda of relieve not to have 2nd kid because I was so stress up wondering how to manage two on my own here. I know I have a super nanny but come on, the feeling is different, it is like paid help vs family help. You know in Shanghai, anything can happen and I know I can cope but as it is, I am struggling too with my family problems. Funny even when I am 5 hours by plane away from Sg, my family still comes to me with their odd and end kind of problems, I guess cannot run away from being the eldest.

As for getting pregnant, was talking to quite a lot of mummies these days and most of them are wondering how to get back their sex life ( pardon my French) . LOL! I mean, really it is an effort lor. I keep telling myself it is an important part of marriage and I must prioritize . Seriously... the idea of pedicure, shaving this and that is like... wah liao, I where got time siah, I really rather sleep man.

I guess it is good thing I had warn DH a few weeks before Arwen was born that the next two years is hers. I will not have time for him so much and I will be very focus on her. This kind of takes the pressure off abit.

Mamad- Arwen also not those eating type , I mean if I feed her, she will eat, if not, she is okay without food for 4 to 5 hours. Maybe your LO is just not a foodie?

smalldreams : Yap, I see kids older by a few weeks than Arwen who can draw circles liao. Not like a real round round circle but the idea is there. Arwen, nope, prefer to dot dot dot everything. Not artist for sure. LOL.

luvbabe : Hope Lucas is well now... why suddenly such high fever?

Mindy : I am a Frisco fan. Dun know why but I feel it is good for Arwen.

Back