(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

HAPPY CHILDREN'S DAY !!!

wow..thread is running very fast now...

juz to share some funny pics during our commitee session ytd

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4559386.jpg]

Leryn---don be afraid hold my hand =p

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4559387.jpg]

Joey ---I'll be here for you =p

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4559388.jpg]

see the boys all very emotional tat day...Joey & Leryn so cool =p

looking forward for the next commitee gathering..yo hoo !!!

Hello mommies..

I've 'reappeared' again.. for a while lah. Hee..

the committee gathering looks fun [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

RE: Jan BB Birthday Bash

Is it confirmed on 30th Jan?

Cos I'm planning to hold a party to celebrate Terilyn's bday 1st Feb that weekend.. hmm...

RE: invisible grilles

I have spoke with my friend's father.He needs the dimensions of the window before he can give a accurate quote.

Here is his email add: [email protected]

mummies interested can email him ur particulars n can quote my name, melissa gan, hopefully u can get a more competitive price.

c yang - Hey, i tend to agree with you about BJ-ers being nicer. Coz' I've lived in both side of the cities, hence I'm able to tell. Maybe for jessie, coz' she's only there on a holiday, so she can't really tell. Plus she might not have read the REAL BJ-ers but more of the migrants who happen to live near there? Otherwise, I think they're a real cultured lot of people! My mommy is also coming over to SH in November!!! But I'm back home in Singapore now ... so I get to enjoy mommy love too. Hhehe.

vanillaberry & luvbabe11 - Yes yes all Librans. Everything must be FAIR! Hhahaha. Didn't realize our birthdays were so close to each other. Are you gals born in 1979 too?

xin - *BIG PAT ON YOUR BACK* for keeping up with the pumping. My BF-ing days are almost over liao. Although I miss those days of latching her but a part of me has been feeling so free. Coz' I can now leave her at home with DH to feed her. Yes yes, I noticed for Nat recently, it's like all of a sudden she picked up pulling to stand, cruising, crawling on her 4s and earlier today, she surprised me by sitting from tummy position! I think they're all kinda related so I think once she's figured out one, she'll figure the rest. Hahhaa. Nat hasn't sprout her top 2 yet so it's still the bottom 2. Looks so cute to watch her like that.

liverpool11 - Long time no see! Hhahaha.

smalldreams,

Hey, you're totally right about over-prescribing meds over here. You know when I got to SH and first fell sick, I was shocked that when I went to see the GP there (US run hospital), for a really bad flu, he told me to chill ... it'll take like 3 weeks to run its course and prescribed me like sore throat drops that can be found in pharmacy! And charged me like S$150!!! But that's the american culture. I asked him, "3 weeks?! I only take 3 days to recover from flu in Singapore!" And he said, "Oh you've been really lucky previously then!"

Over in Singapore, like you said, we all need fast relief. I mean, how can we take MC for like 3 weeks right? So now choice, GPs gotta give us fast relief meds lor. And those meds are just to relief the symptoms, it doesn't cure the body. The body actually needs time to rest then it'll heal on its own. So I think ... our bodies have been so 'pampered' by the medication system here that if we were to go to countries like US, we'd be suffering.

There was once, my DH was down with fever at 40 degrees for like almost a week! The fever just went on and off and they refused to admit him and didn't even wanna give him anti-biotics! I was so sure he needed them after the fever for so long! But they just took him to do a lot of tests. And in the end, turned out that he really NEEDED the anti-biotics. Gave to him and he recovered almost soon after that. *sigh*

I think it's really in their culture not to just prescribe anti-biotics if necessary. While in Singapore, they just give you the moment they realize u're taking a long time to recover. Sometimes, I dunno which is better.

lamb, u r back again, welcome bk, Nat very well-travelled baby lei, hee!

We din get into the finals for the baby contest, it was gd fun, cos I get alot of calls fr my family members tdy. I hardly get so much calls fr them all in 1 day together ahhaha!

My boy hates to be confined in his rocker nowadays, either we let him out to crawl all ard or let him sit in his walker so that he can inspect the whole hse. But he is so into cables....for our fans! N he likes to go into weird corners of the hse, he crawls so fast once, I went out to toilet, wash his pacifier, wanna go bk into his rm, almost bang into him cos he is behind the door, following after me. He is ultra sticky nowadays. Must have ppl acc him, he must see someone in sight. Nvr play with him oso nvm, but he must be able to see u

Going to zonk out, tiring day tdy...

Hello, liverpool. Hello, lin. Long time no hear. :p

applegal,

don't worry ok? see you got a lot of assurance that your baby's weight is fine. Feel blessed that baby's healthy and developing well. Weight is just a figure.

Lamb,

you are back in SG this golden week uh! so envious! how was nat on the flight this time? No special flight story to share?

I've been trying out 2 daytime helpers this week. Feel so lucky that both of them are good and Renee is comfortable with them too. Well, Renee is usually fine with everyone. I'm going to meet my soon-to-be bosses again tomorrow but can't leave Renee out of sign so don't care... I'm going to bring helper and Renee along for the contract signing 'ceremony'. haha. Hope they give me the terms I stated and also give me 'money many many'! Otherwise, it not worth it already. Hourly-rated helper is very expensive. Just signing a flexible out-of-office work contract for 2-month for a start.

Although Renee is a people's baby, she gets frightened by sudden loud noises. We went to support our Singaporean paddlers (Li jiawei, wang yuegu, feng tian wei, et al) yesterday and every time the spectators go YAY!, China jiayou!, Singapore jiayou! she'd scrunch up and cry while holding on to the mini Singapore flag tightly. Especially so if my hub or I cheered. Maybe she thought we are raising our voice at her. So paiseh, so many people (mostly PRCs) are taking photos of her crying. I hope they don't caption the photos "Singaporean sore losers". But after a while she got used to it and managed to take a nap in the sling with her ears "giap-ed" tightly by my chest and forearm. :p

mist8q, let me address your questions cos i don't think i have answers for you.

1. I'm not experienced in adjusting baby across timezones. So far the max time difference is +/-4 hours. I didn't do anything but just followed her cues. But for semi solids meals, I still give breakfast in the morning, lunch around noon, dinner around late evening when she's not sleeping. which means I didn't push back like dinner becomes supper time. I just let her sleep, nurse, play whenever she wants.

2. Essentials onboard- food, nibbles, milk, bibs (disposables?), water, hooded jacket, blankie, fave toy (not those noisy ones i hope!), diapers, wipes, baby moisturiser, wash cloths. I prefer to let Renee wear cover-toe sleepsuit with a hooded jacket over to keep her head warm and cos it's easier to change diaper. Once, we let her wear swee swee but it was very troublesome! It's a long flight to LAX, maybe simple medication to standby? paracetamol?

3. If you have a travel playpen and she sleeps well in it, can bring. And you can check that in, no need to hand carry. My playpen is a big one so i have never brought it around. Used hotel's cot or playpen and Renee's ok with them.

4. Water. I brought water in sippy cup for her, no problem. I think some mummies here brought their own water for FM, also no problem.

5. Change her at the small flip-down, no-contour changing station in the lavatory lor. super cramped but when there's a will, there's a way! Just change if she gives a stinky bomb, otherwise a Mamy Poko can last many hours. Put the basics - small changing mat, a diaper, wipes in a small bag first so that you do not have to go to the toilet with a big diaper bag. And probably one which you can hook on the back of the door as you may not be able to find a clean spot to put it. Or use a small messenger bag kind which you can sling.

I think you should be more concerned about her food. Is she ok with pouches or jars of ready-to-eat baby food? I'm sure there's a wide range at the supermarket there. Or you can bring some pigeon ones, they look like healthier options in the category. Where are you putting up? Can cook for her? Can rent a playpen there?

OK, I better to go bed now before I start typing like a drunkard. Sian. Aunt Flo (Niagara Falls) is here. Grrrr.

firipy,

Hhaha, my DH always tells Nat, "You ah ... less than a year old already take plane how many times! I only took my first flight when I was close to 20 and it was to some army camp overseas!" LOL. I guess kids of this generation are truly different from ours. And I guess being posted overseas, we definitely would have to be flying quite a bit. I think it's good for Nat to be traveling back home when we can so that she'll be able to better remember her family here.

Think Ayden09 is going through separation anxiety stage. Nat had that 2 months ago. She cannot let me outta her sight. Nite time also cannot sleep well, would keep waking up to be cradled. I've read that it can take between 2 to 4 months for the phase to go away so be prepared. She also crawls really fast these days and goes for anything foreign in sight. I guess as they grow older, their toys no longer fascinate them and they tend to be curious over things that us as adults use.

Like if we put her on the dining table with us, she'll watch with interest what we put into our mouths and what we're using because they're different from hers.

c yang,

Yeah, back for the Golden week and to spend quality family time. DH has been working so hard and traveling so much that we just have to use this week to make up for it. Hhahaha, special flight story, but of course! Every flight has its story. But I must say this particular one isn't as bad as the previous. DH and I were joking maybe SQ had in their CRM records that these 2 passengers have been complaining so much so better be nice to them.

Well, for starters, upon internet check-in, we managed to get seats seated together, bassinet seat and by the window! How's that for a change? :D Maybe coz' this time round, I called Singapore AND Shanghai SQ office to ensure that they put our seats together. Well, I also asked for infant meal BUT we didn't get to eat it this time, simply because Nat was sleeping during breakfast plus both of us were so konked out (we decided to take red eye flight). Actually ... I dun think I'd wanna take red eye flights again coz' I realized that it's very disruptive to Nat's sleep. She got super duper cranky the whole day after we touched down due to lack of sleep.

When we had to take her outta cot to make our way to airport, she woke up and never got to sleep back after that! Not even the 45 min car ride to the airport! Needless to say, while at the airport, she was kaypo-ing around and refused to sleep. Only like about 20 mins before boarding, then she decided to sleep. Once we hit the plane, she woke. It was as if she knew we entered into a new place.

Then refused to sleep again, kaypo kaypo around. Until I think when plane was about to take off, then she decided to drift off to sleep. During the flight, it was ok, just that typical of red eye flights, they'll switch on and off the lights, but she still managed to sleep through coz' she was zonked out. And of course when there was turbulence, we had to take her out of the bassinet. This time round, we were offered baby wipes and a toy. Hhehe.

But we needed neither of those lah. Flight attendant was pretty ok, though again, didn't ask us if we wanted our meals served first. All in all, given a choice ... I might not take Nat up on red eye flight again unless I'm able to handle her crankyness next day. But even if it's day time flights, I have challenges in entertaining her too. So I guess it's also the age where they become more aware and just refuse to sleep. So you have decided to take on the job!

Does it allow you to work from home? Good to know you've managed to find good helpers. Seriously? Good helpers are Godsend and are hard to come by. Yeah, I know what you mean about Renee being afraid of loud noises. Nat too sometimes.

I guess at this stage, it's coz' they still can't differentiate between the different types of shoutings. HHehehe.

hey mummies,

dropping in to say HI...me really v out of touch oredi....except wif tytus swim buddies..

work has been scary...worked till 10plus for 2 days...8plus for another 3...

now i 1 person covering 3-4 persons job...siong..hope by mid oct things will be better...

smalldreams,

i actually quite "pro" medication...maybe since T1 days...was too freaked by her frequent fever..i bought alot of the "anal fever supression voltaren"...whenever she haf v high fever i will juz use...I also know dat its no good...but anything to make her feel better..i will do..

now for flu, i spree from overseas site homeopathic medication (natural)..brand is hylands...it curb there flu symptoms v v v well...so nowadaes..when they haf flu..i medicate them wif these "natural medi"....and for maintenance..i oso haf sumbbocal..works well too!...

as some of mummies may know...i haf manage to get tytus helmet...though success rate may be limited. but at least i tried..

he doesn't like it...& refuse to sleep in it...this is the 4th day..and we only manage to let him wear for maybe 10 hours per day...suppose to be worn for 23 hours...but it gets sooo hot that he was "raining" and screamin..so haf to let him air..

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4562163.jpg]

firipy,

hahaha i haven send any of my kids to competition le....altough i always think its v v fun...

its ok...go for the fun lor...heehe

fatbabe, can imagine how hot it can be wt the helmet on all the time...sayang sayang tytus...hope the helmet will help!!!

Little lamb> hey u bk in Singapore?? Let's see if there is any upcoming meetup then we can meet up with nat!

Fat babe> he looks cute in the helmet haha but poor thing le, gotta wear that for 23 hrs a day...

hi all,

my gal kenna roseola rashs. sighz... juz got back from kkh. Luckily nothting serious but she juz got veri fussy and irritable. no medication required.

fatbabe, wow must be veri hot for tytus. nowadays the weather is so wierd. hope it is successful for him [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Firipy, just back from the bb contest.. Received a call from them yesterday telling Esther is the no. 12th baby n would like us to go down to be on standby in the finals. In the end, 1 bb didn't turn up n no. 11th bb replace him.. So Esther missed the chance but a good experience indeed. Not really wanting to go initially but my hubby gian the firt prize. An iPad n $1300 worth of prizes.

Hi mummies

I have an extra tin of Dumex Mamil Gold Step 2 (400g) to let go at $12. Expiry 12 Dec 2011. Self collect from my place at Pasir Ris.

Pls sms/ call me at 93679627 (as I don't check this forum often). Thanks!

Hey fat babe, Cute pic of Tytus...

But poor thing... Hope this works on him...

Gotta bear the heat etc, not easy for babies...

Ten hours is a bonus lah... ;)

hey fat babe,

wat a chirpy looking tytus!

really hope that the helmet can help[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Firipy, my friend's son is born on 8 feb...

So think same as what our babies drink right?

Shayne dun drink enfa, thus not sure... U MSG her ok?

lamb, seems like seperation anxiety is at its peak nw, he was nvr sticky to anyone b4 but recently. I m amaze at the strength he has, he machiam incredible hulk baby, lift up his high chair, carry my mum's 1 kg handbag etc!

fatbabe, long time no see tho Tytus look cute tho very poor thing.

wei,nvm at least nw got exp, next time can go, my hb dua me, made me n my mum go up, I super stunned, dunno wat to say, look so blur oso ahhaha! Only consolation is that the host say bb is a handsome boy, hee!!

febie, I m asking on behalf of my fren.My boy drinks mamil gold, thanks anyway;)

My mum n I were super happy tdy, cos finally the lazy bum decides he can hold n drink milk on his own. He is either super lazy or he is playing with his bottle while holding on to it.

firipy,

me oso trying hard to make my gal hold her own milk bottle... but taking risk.. coz she always drinks lesser when she's wif me... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so if she buay song, will reject milk totally...

Koonie> thks for the pics.

SP> since tried and tested already then should be ok. I no play pen leh. Can only confine him to the walker and jumperoo.

Fat_babe> hope the helmet will work for tytus. And hope ur work will ease up soon.

Littlelamb> thks. just a few more months and they’ll b one. . Cant imagine all the babies all over the place at the jan bash… :p

If you free, let’s meet up.

c.yang> so fun to be able to cheer team Singapore on in dubai. Must have been very exciting. Mattias very scared of loud noise too. Just now MIL clapped when he fisnihed he dinner and he got startled… :p.

hope ur new job works out well…

firipy> think separation anxiety peak around 9 mths. I cant imagine…

just got informed tt gg cruise 2 weeks later.my first time on cruise too… hee… Hb and mil scared mattias sea sick… Shouldn’t be a problem right?

xin,yah its at its peak at 9mths old,thats y the lil fella become so clingy...he used to be so chinchai, nw he rejects ppl n push ppl away.Hmm, actually from my previous cruise exp many yrs ago, u won't feel any seasick one lei, cos its big vessel moving. If its those some jets then will feel seasick, so dun worry much k.

I realise my boy super selfish, he hid his toy behind his back n refused to give my grandma, the more she pretend to ask fr him, the further he hid. My parents n grandma find him so amusing but I m a bit concerned. He starts to anyhw grab things at the mall also....Dowan to give n he will scream! Just nw while I let my mum eat her dinner at the coffeeshop, my hb at the salon cut hair, I brought him ard to enjoy aircon at the shops, he cries the moment he is back at coffeeshop. Went to the aircon shop, he is ok, super pampered with aircon ald.....

Xin, cruise like Superstar virgo is very stable, it's just a constant vibration, won't get sea sick. Don't worry and enjoy yourself. Heard that the cruise kitchen can cook porridge for little ones too if you request. Maybe find out more first. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wei/firipy/sherry>at least your bb got a fun time at the contest? next contest sure win. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

firipy>ayden is a v handsome boy mah! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ayden09 still young. give him time? can teach him de.

babe>aiyoh, poor tytus. Hope the helmet will help him. His arms so nice and chubby. I think its the same size as ayden's leg lor. :p

lamb>welcome back to SG! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xin>ohh, yay! I want to go cruise too but hubby can't take leave. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] you taking which cruise liner? Shouldn't be sea sick cos its v firm. Unless you take small boat to go to the ports.

pauline>you and your gals better le?

morning mommies...

Firipy, hb are the same pattern.. mine went up but he dun dare to talk.. saying his english no good... in the end i also very nervous talking broken sentences.. but seriously, ur Ayden really very good-looking leh.. will attract of lot of little gals n mommies.....

u know at the finals, the parents are all very ks during the various rounds of competition.. some even push their bb to the finishing lines n their bb cried non-stop.. as its a point system.. the first gets highest point n so on.. in the end, its a mixed blood (angmoh + japanese) bb gal who won.. her mum was very gracious.. thruout the competition she doesnt push/force her gal... just keep playing her n encouraging.. n the judges saw in their eyes..

Morning Mummies!!

Wei> did they give u any goodybag? i think by right they shld.. even on standby, also make an effort to go down mah

Xin> i heard BB dun get sea sick one le.. hahah dun know how true it is

firipy> haha he got a sexy mole, remember? I think BBs are like that one ba, i think they can only scream when they need something... actually i am also worried how i will react in future when shernise starts screaming at the shopping mall.. recently, my colleague shared with us that her daughter of 20 mths was at the clinic, saw another gal holding on to the barney and she 'action' to the daddy to take the barney from the other girl.. when the dad say.. 'no, its not yours.. she started yelling, screaming and crying...seriously. i wonder how am i gg to react hahah

That's a photo of my feifei before the competition haha

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4564959.jpg]

Morning mummies,

BY bb girl did not made it to the finals too, all other babies are so cute. They have very elaborate costumes too! Think must prepare better next time. Anyway, feel happy to participate in such events.

sherry, nope didnt give anything.. should have asked for that when they called me to inform me abt being standby.. but i do saw alot of little faires that day.. including ur feifei (soooo cute).. wanted to dress her as that too (i really like the look)

but hb didnt like it so in the end changed to a more little lady look..

the 'modern fairy' look n the final 'little lady' look.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4565149.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4565150.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4565151.jpg]

Morning mummies!

It's been a longgggg while since I logged on....there are so many things going on!

I didn't even know that's a bb contest at compasspt until i read this! to think that i stay 1 train ride away :p

Despite of my evil MIL constantly terrorizing my helper, my hectic daily back2back work and chores...I'm still surviving!! hahaha

Finally counting down to this Friday for my hubby's return!! 4months! I really have to thank all of you to be writing to keep this forum going for my unwind pleasure reading [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

btw,....having to be envied with all bbs hitting milestones...Caleb finally started his leopard crawl...although it's 3-4 strides...I"m happy!

KUDOS!

wei>your gal is so sweet. makes me want so much to hug her. hope ayden will have chance to meet her at another playdate. :p

sherry>hee, your feifei also v kawaii. really getting so pretty.

Tyl, I would love to join the playdates but so far join none yet as busy working can't take leave... So sad for Esther... Otherwise she will be very happy to have so many friends to touch n play with... She always like to touch peoples face especially babies...

applegal> think she teething? mine also not drinking and sleeping for the past one week.. but surprising, she slept 3hrs (nap) on sat.. are u the petite sort?

TYL> hahaha thanks thanks.. feifei always have this 'cao' face when she wake up hohoho

Wei> weekends la... when they have swimming date, u can come along..

Sherry: Nah, my hb and me not in petite side, but all comment she is tall maybe me and my hb is tall. I been suspect she teething since she is 5th month old, till now no teeth come out..

sherry>hee, still cute lah. all look v nice for hugging. ayden seldom lets me hug. he'll always wriggle after a few seconds. :p

wei>hopefully, we can do one on a weekend lah. I see if I can do one later this month...

applegal/sherry,

my girl also not drinking much milk since last week.. Wondering if this is another phase.. There was 1 period of time where she don't like milk during her 4th month..

i'm going to buy some yogurt for my girl to try.

Morning mums & babes!

Wei, Sherry

Your gals are cute! Very chuby wubby, esp Fei Fei, haha. Mine, only a bit of cheeks. Haiz. resigned to fact they won't ever be that chubby.

apple_gal

My girl also, already 9 mths plus, not a single tooth. Still the gummy grin, which I find is really cute for babies to have! So I shan't look forward to her teething yet.

Little lamb

Welcome home again! Yr mum must be thrilled that Nat is cruising now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SP Callalilly, BBchic, Little Lamb

For me, I don't mind a quick fix medication lah, esp if the poor baby is suffering drippy nose etc. But I'll forego antibiotics. I've never been a fan of those. maybe coz our family doc never ever prescribes antibiotics. That's why I find it strange when some of my colleagues' GPs freely prescribe antibiotics when they have flu.

BBchic

Gosh, I can't imagine how it's like for Tytus, but he seems cheerful with that helmet on. How long more will he need to wear the helmet for? Is that meant to round his head up?

I posted some photos in FB but this is for Arwen's mummy, who got zero access to FB...heheh.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4565523.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4565524.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4565525.jpg]

Sherry/Wei/bebecraze, my hb said they very badly organised, judge made bb wait for him. Dun even have any goodie bag of samples ! They shld categorize the bb mah, those who get in r definitely older ones. Cos they can talk n dance.

Melody: My gal having milk strike since 2 weeks ago.. Sometime i really force her to drink cos it is sad to see her drink so less than her usual. She drank only 70-80ml for 3-4 hr, compare to 190ml last time.

smalldream: Hehe.. My MIL keep say once she got the tooth, she will bite u real pain.. :/ Your gal look tall. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

smalldreams>woo, Aifah can help u move stuff? You're busy packing for your new place? Is it the new block of flats that are painted yellow and white outside? I just went to a housewarming there last Sat. V cosy inside. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanx gals for the compliments. No matter bb hw ugly oso cute n handsome in our eyes hee! See all the cute n pretty gals here make me so wanna have a gal again

smalldreams> hahah i like the first pix.. so cute..

firipy> yeah, but its free so maybe no budget to give goody bag hahaha

firipy> Ya, quite surprise they dun have good bags. I didnt wait long tho'. It was fast for me. Straight after i went on stage, my hubby hurried me to go home. U waited there for results? Tot they will call u if ur bb went in to semifinals? or r u talkg abt the waiting time for semifinals?

Back