(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

melissa, I also thinking of trying out that brand, cos I see got DHA & probiotics as one of the ingredients, like very good like that.. There is also a spree going on in the Overseas Spree link, if no response here, then i go there buy.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wendy, most cereals can be kept for a few months at least.. I was thinking to order in May also..

bubblebath > So u'll not be going to Baby Expo? Still can get other things rather than only e carrier .. Hee :>

LSnTYL > Oh ya u reminded mi tt last baby expo din have carriers, i only saw slings .. But maybe this time round will have different dealers ?

Wendy, nt sure whether will b going. D last expo Bb sale I went b4 I delivered was quite lousy. Tink there was another one in March dat I din go too cos we haf got most things we nid.

bubblebath, Wendy> My boy is also named "Lucas"....However, he is older than both your babies coz he is born in Dec 18, 2009.... Wow, both Lucas seems to be bah bah leh but mine is considered skinny lah coz he's on milk strike and still fusses whenever it is feeding time....My Lucas also dun drink as much as yours... Hope all 3 Lucas can get to meet each other....

ET> I dun mind sharing on the cereals...They are organic, right? Do you know how much is it? At the last baby fair, I did stock up on cereal and jar food... Luis loves the Nestle brown rice cereal with his milk so I almost used up my supply liao. Think still left 2 tins nia...

Sharon> Welcome! For some of us who had given birth earlier would probably returned to work liao.

Cheerieheart, Dolcevita is actually by one of my friend's hubby.

I did one month old photography for my boy with yewkwang.

And previously did bloom shots and my no.1 6 month shoots with him.

We have done photoshoots with a few other photographers who advertise on the forum but found yew kwang the best. You can view e pics frm my FB.

Re Happybellies,

ET, how much is per tin after shipping?

Vitakids is selling $9.40 per tin which i find quite reasonable already.

Last time my no.1 used to take alot of happybellies. It's one of the best brand of baby cereals ard, i feel. THough it's certainly more costly than other brands.

I bought 3 packs of cereal for my boy, oragnix and healthy times cereal.

Alternatively can ship from amazon, it's abt $9 after shipping.

Mommies who are not starting on cereal so soon i suggest u dont buy and store coz it's organic thus it's lifespan is shorter, ie expires real soon.

Re carseat

my kids are using maxi cosi priori xp.

Pretty good n not as bulky as compared to e other brands.

Wendy, Lucas is of a v good weight!

My boy is abt 7.5kg at 4 months.

Lugging him ard is a tough job, esp when im pretty petite.

So far my carrier still serving me well.

bubblebath > My best buys during e March Baby Expo was Huggies Ultra, which is just 12.50bucks per pack :>

Lucas is zZz since he was back from his jabs .. So i can post over here .. Ha! Dun really have e time to post over here normally as i'm taking care of him alone ..

Any mummies who is staying near Tampines ? Everyday fri i'll go down to hubby's shop, so can meet up with mummies for shopping @ Tamp 1, tamp mall or century sq :> But i'm staying @ Yishun ..

Luvbabe, my Lucas also difficult with his feeding nw. Used to b able to drink 150ml, but last 3 wks he oni drink abt 100ml most times. Sometimes oni 30ml. N tis is after we coax n tried so many different methods to get him to drink. If nt he'll b even more bah nw. But when we went for his jabs I checked wif d PD n she said with his weight, shd b ok if he doesn't drink as much. She said some babies haf period of time when they haf gd appettite n bad appettite. So nt to worry as long as they continue to drink during their feed.

Luvbabe, ya organic ones..

Summermama, if we managed to hit 18 tins, should less than S$8.00 per tin. Summermama, roughly how long is the expiry for Happy Bellies when you bought previously. Also, how long can 1 tin last?

As i also plan to start solids when LO is around 5 to 6 mths, can consolidate then buy in end May if the expiry date is only a few months.

ET i cannot rem v well, but i think expiry is abt 3 to 5 months from e purchase date.

I used to ship back from amazon before they r widely available coz my gal loves happybellies.

She can finish 12 tins in less than 3 months. They are non-flavoured so i will add fruits puree into e cereal for flavourings.

I think i depends largely on your LO's appetite.

BTW, who has e FM supplier's no.?

I just started my boy on similac.

cheerieheart: we pay $250 for unlimited shots in 1 hr but can only take back 6 shots. i opted for all shots to be returned in a DVD so i topped up additional $350 i think. in all $600 for 8/10(cant remember) 5R shots to be printed and all shots returned in a DVD.

bubblebath/wendy>I bought huggies at the last expo sale too. really worth it. not sure what are the vendors at the upcoming expo sale

ET>actually, I think got a bp for happybelly too. heard that the shipping for happybelly can be quite ex cos of the size of the boxes. maybe summer's mama can advice

Wendy n TYL, is huggies ultra gd? A col recommended but I haf yet to try. Juz stock up 4 packs of MP size L fm watsons promo though lucas wearing M size nw. Kiasu mummy!

Wendy, wat size is ur Lucas wearing nw? D reccommended weight for huggies n MP is diff. N my Lucas oso abt 7kg nw I tink. So nt sure whether shd try a pack of M or L.

bubblebath>I also bought 4 packs of huggies ultra L although Ayden is still wearing M. It seems to fit him rather well and can absorb his pee for 1 whole nite so we use it then

TYL, ship through evitaminstore doesn't have this large packing issue as they ship direct to Singapore. The BP is selling $8.55 per can, thats why i was thinking, if we do private spree ourselves, can save more.

Summermama, wow, 12 tins in 3 months, thats fast.. I heard alot about happy bellies, hmmm, lets see whether we are able to get enuf no. to start the private spree.. hehe

ET>oic. ok lah. keep me informed if got other moms interested. just in case I miss your post. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

whoa, i see all ur babies v heavy leh... so envious... my boy will b 3 mths tmr n onli 5.2kg when i weighed him today... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]... brought him to kkh to chk on e blood in his stool agn... doc say mayb got haemorrids... have to go review next wk... but think kkh dont do vaccination... have to brg him to anoth clinic to do...

abt happybellies> think i saw other jan mummies talking abt it too... if it's realli good i dont mind joining... first time mum abit clueless abt thgs... :p...

abt huggies ultra> now ntuc got offer. buy 2 packets get a free backpack... one lady wanted to share wif mi but i alr bought quite abit at e baby expo...

btw, i see huggies dry package got put tt can last up to 10hrs... huggies ultra dont put... so is it it cant last tt long? but huggies ultra supposed to be better right?

sweet> congrats on ur new job... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]... hope u find a helper soon...

littlelamb> ya, pumping cant b stressed one... i rem once i v stressed to pump coz i want to go out without baby... realli cant pump anythg out... only when i relax myself then can pump...

smalldreams> realli thk God u didn't go out... my hb cant go out coz he scared get caught by colelagues... :p... so i'm like grounded with him...

ET, i am also interested in the happy bellies if they are organics ones [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xin, thanks! now in the midst of looking so hopefully can get a good one soon

huggies dry (blue packaging) is the cheapest range in huggies which personally i dun find it good. dry comfort (red packaging) is not bad for day use. huggies ultra is the premium range, very good for nite use!

LSnTYL & Xin -- dont worry, your babies arent the lightest! Mine are mega lightweight! At 3.5 months my boy is only 5.5kg and my girl is even lighter at 4.9kg!! I was abit concerned abt their weight but pd said it is ok because they were light at birth and as long as they are gaining some weight steadily its ok. So i'm looking on the bright side -- at least the load on my arms and back is lighter! LOL

Sweet -- Yeah sometimes finding a good helper really depends on luck... so here's wishing you good luck!

ET -- I'm abit blur on solids food cos I havent done the research yet! But if it is not too ex and is suitable for 6 months+ cos thats when I intend to start my twins on solids I dont mind joining a private spree. Let me know!

Sweet, its organic..

Since got a few mummies interested, I will start the private spree in mid may ba..

Chamelon, not so fast ba, i also doing my research now..

ET, keep me in the loop for happy bellies. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] me keen too.

re:weight

I oso very stress over my LO weight. Hope she would gain more weight soon.

xin> hope your boy is ok.

chameleon> what your LO birth weight?

ET> do you know how much is other brands for 1 tin? so that I know what's the difference in buying happy bellie or healthy times thingy, cos if ex then i probably wont get. wil try to research on my own too so if u dunno, it's ok =)

melissa, if you are comparing between the organic range, happy bellie is slightly more expensive than healthy timez, however, happy bellie contains DHA and probiotic which explains the higher cost. The cheapest for the organic range is Bellamy, which is $5.50 which can be found in BP.

Re organic cereals

you can check it out at vitakids, available at paragon, united sq n forum.

Retail prices for happy bellies $9.40 per tin. Organix $8 per pack. Bellamy abt $6. Healthy times can be found at ntuc as well and costs abt $6.50 to $6.90.

The unique pt abt happybellies is like what ET mentioned. Contains probiotics. It comes in a tin form whereas e rest comes in e boxed packaging n you will need to trf to Tupperware etc.

Bellamy has pasta for babies as well. Last time my gal didn't like bellamy coz there's a funny smell. My mom who was her main caregiver also commented on e smell.

Healthy times has a barley cereal which I love to give before vacinations. Works just like barley drink, cooling I guess, keeps fever at bay.

Organix is e most yummy coz there's fruity flavours like apple n banana. Smells really good!

I hope e information I've gathered fr experience is helpful to mommies here.

Of coz there are other brands like Heinz n nestle available which are non organic.

There was some "who-ha" back in 2008 regarding nestle brand, so I cannot comment on the cereal.

ET> thanks for that information.

summermama> that's v detailed. thanks! hmm so non-organic heinz cost how much per tin/pack? Think I probably have to go for healthy times, seems the cheapest.

Anyone selling their freestyle, pls pm me with date of purchase and asking price .

i need 1 urgently, cos' mine just died on me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hey mummies!

Busy two days..Ytd my #1 had gym..today is my cooking day..with 2 kids..cooking days has become stressful days..haha.

Melissa..I used to get the Heinz, I don think there's added sugar so its good..Nestle is super sweet..never got that for my #1.

Anyone has recommendations of kids' vitamins?

Which brand is good?

Cheerieheart..Im considering to do family n bb photography too..maybe when Eli is around 6 months. But so many photographers out there..not sure which one to choose.

hi mummies, just came across this new, would like to share here:

Infantino Infant Slings

Recall Date: March 24, 2010

Name of Product: Infantino “SlingRider” and “Wendy Bellissimo” infant slings

Company/Brand: Infantino LLC

The Hazard: CPSC is aware of three reports of deaths that occurred in these slings in 2009; a 7-week-old infant in Philadelphia, Pa.; a 6-day-old infant in Salem, Ore.; and a 3-month-old infant in Cincinnati, Ohio. Slings can pose two different types of suffocation hazards to babies. In the first few months of life, babies cannot control their heads because of weak neck muscles. The sling’s fabric can press against an infant’s nose and mouth, blocking the baby’s breathing and rapidly suffocating a baby within a minute or two. Additionally, where a sling keeps the infant in a curled position bending the chin toward the chest, the airways can be restricted, limiting the oxygen supply. The baby will not be able to cry for help and can slowly suffocate.

Description: The Infantino “SlingRider,” is a soft fabric baby carrier with a padded shoulder strap that is worn by parents and caregivers to carry an infant weighing up to 20 lbs. “Infantino” is printed on the plastic slider located on the strap. “Infantino,” “SlingRider” and the item number are printed on the instruction/warning label inside the baby sling carrier. “Wendy Bellissimo” branded sling carriers were sold exclusively at Babies “R” Us and have a sewn-in label on the inside of the sling strap that says in part "Wendy Bellissimo Media, Inc." and lists Item numbers 3937500H7 and 3937501H7.

Sold At: Walmart, Burlington Coat Factory, Target, Babies “R” Us, BJ’s Wholesale, various baby and children’s stores and other retailers nationwide, and on the Web at Amazon.com, for between $25 and $30, from January 2003 through March 2010.

What to Do: stop using the recalled slings immediately and contact Infantino to receive a free replacement product, with a choice of a Wrap & Tie infant carrier, or a 2 in 1 Shopping Cart Cover, or a 3 in 1 Grow & Play Activity Gym. A Jittery Pals Rattle will also be provided. Contact Infantino toll-free at (866) 860-1361 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s web site.

Wah u girls are very active in the forum!

Haha. Yeah. I'm going back to work soon. Sigh new challenge for me man. Managing work n family.

Anyone of u bf n supplement fm to ur bb? For those who r letting ur bb drinking Nan pro 1, did u realize e change of manfacturer? It's changed from Netherlands to phillipines. Faint! Realized it produces more bubbles... Not sure if ntuc can allow me to change.

xin : Have you tried to supplement your LO with multivitamin drops and fish oil?

I started Arwen on vitamin drops when she was 6 weeks old as because there is not much sunlight her, she may be Vit D deficency. Multivitamin is good as it boost appetite and immunity too.

I started her on fish oil capsule for infants 3 times a week now too.

No harm trying. Ahhh yes, babies have a reserve of iron in their blood for only 6 to 8 weeks, after that some might need iron drops. Your LO got some bleeding, perhaps good to try multivitamins drop as it contains iron too.

ET, i'm interested in the happy bellies cereal spree. Wanna try it too...

Btw mummies, if we can get a certain no. Of mummies to sign up together at Sean Lau, can get better price or package...

cheerieheart, brought my LO to Paragon in the afternoon to try the ERGO carrier... Lucky she has been a good girl... Didnt fuss when both me & my mum tried carrying her using it... I got the Sports one... Instead of having a pouch for the normal ERGO, it is w/o a pouch... It has a opening at the back... Which i feel it is good since my LO damn scare of hot and i dun need the pouch cos i cfm will carry another bag...

Geraldine, good for u! Ur gal is so cooperative! Did u try ur ergo at Metro Paragon or at The First Few Years? Wats d diff btw d sports version n d normal version other then d pouch?

Morning everyone!

Hubby and #1 just left the house. Plenty of laundry, tidying up & change of mattress sheet to do!

Jessie

Which vitamin are you giving to arwen? Is it meant for babies? You mean weather in shanghai so bad that arwen doesn't get much sun?? My place here, gets morning sun...we turn aifah the other way round when she's in the rocker to avoid the sun! The irony....

Wendy

I'm near Tampines and I'm free today...no plans so far. If you happen to see this msg and want to meet up, PM me ok? I might not turn out to be who you'd expect to meet tho...hehe..Hopefully I can read it on time and we can have a short meet up. No more eastern mums?

Luvbabe

My #1 also drinks cereal in his milk! So skinny, so I don't mind. At least some solids get into him.

Mummies,

I will start the spree now, cos some are starting their LO on solids at 4th months. Minimum 18 tins, Maximum 42 tins.

OATMEAL

http://www.evitaminstore.com/HappyBellies-Organic-Oatmeal-Baby-Cereal-112341.html

BROWN RICE

http://www.evitaminstore.com/HappyBellies-Organic-Brown-Rice-Baby-Cereal-112340.html

MULTIGRAIN

http://www.evitaminstore.com/HappyBellies-Organic-Multi-Grain-Baby-Cereal-112339.html

These are the 3 types, the shipping cost will depends on the final qty ordered, estimated to at S$7.60 a tin inclusive of shipping cost from US to SG.

I will collect $7 a tin first, then once the final shipping cost is confirmed and receive the CC exchange rate, I will collect the balance once the shipment arrive..

OATMEAL (6 tins per carton):

1) evianwater x 2 tin

2) joy x 1 tin

BROWNRICE (6 tins per carton):

1) evianwater x 2 tin

2) joy x 1 tin

MULTIGRAIN (6 tins per carton):

1) evianwater x 2 tin

2) joy x 1 tin

Collection point wise, I need some help, cos I can only offer meet up at Tiong Bahru and Jurong Point or is there any gathering in May?

chameleon> u've got twins right? hee... ur boy definitely gained more wt than mine... :p... on one hand, i abit worried abt his wt... on e oth hand, quite glad he's not too heavy too... now i alr find my shoulders aching liaoz...

jessie> thks, i'll try to find out more abt infant vits... e doc did a blood test n found e blood count ok... but e cells are abit small... he say looks like thalassemia but cld b due to e blood loss too... dun tink either me or my hb got thalassemia...

bluey> thks.

these few days he keep slpg... like 1-2 hrs aft each feed... hope nothg's wrong... :p...

last 2 nites, i latch him n place him on e bed and i lie beside him... n both nites he fell aslp on his own... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]...

ET, the happybellies can keep for 3mths aft ordering is it? i onli intend to gif solids at 6mths... now order abit too early right?

xin, the expiry from amazon website is showing Jan 2011, while consolidating the orders, I will also email evitaminstore to check on the expiry, but i don't think the expiry is only 3 months, too short shelf-life, like that how to do business..

bubblebath, likely mid may ba, cos it will take 2 weeks to ship from US to SG.. My LO only coming 4 mths, i also going start solids when is around 6 mths..

ET, juz saw ur post on d expiry dates at Jan2011. If d ones u r buying for us carries dat expiry date or longer expiry dates, then I'm ok to order. Most prob starting solids at 6 mths too n dat'll b in August.

Hope u dun mind confirming d expiry dates before helping me to order. I would like 2 tins of brown rice. Tks!

ET>will order once expiry dates are confirmed too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi ET,

Added my order :

OATMEAL (6 tins per carton):

1) evianwater x 2 tin

2) joy x 1 tin

3) mstan8888 X 1 tin

BROWNRICE (6 tins per carton):

1) evianwater x 2 tin

2) joy x 1 tin

3) mstan8888 X 1 tin

MULTIGRAIN (6 tins per carton):

1) evianwater x 2 tin

2) joy x 1 tin

3) mstan8888 X 1 tin

Thanks !

My gal so funny earlier ... was doing some things around the house and then wondering why she was so quiet on her playgym. Turned out that she fell asleep while suckling on her thumb! LOL.

smalldream : Yah, it is that bad... most of the time here,it is cloudy and grey, not much sun at all. It is well known to give Multivit to babies in 4 season countries to supplment the Vit D.

I just use regular vit drops. Like those in pharmacy for babies. I give 0.5mls three times a day. I must say I think it does makes her stronger. Her birth weight is 2.58kg and she is now 7.4kg! Scary....BUT one time, we went to the park and we saw some local babies, wah piang, they are like 8.5kg at 4 months ok! Arwen is like a drawf compare to them! LOL.

Lamb: Yeah!!!! Finally today got sun!!! See ya later!

Back