(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

updated quite a bit on the list, go thru those mummies wt FB on their emails n hb's name...but a lot still dun hv...pls update me soon..tks

(big foot)

(yeocouple)

(bryrest)

(ecookie)

Grace(yuki)

(missytan)

(cheerieheart)

(charis)

(mamaD)

pls gv me your contact and email

babe>no lah. I can only do hand express if Ayden clears for me at night. When I'm home, I seldom express unless got engorgement and Ayden is asleep so can't help me clear.

The 2 days when I could not breastfeed him were torture cos I had v bad engorgement. Pumping also didn't help. Hubby had to really use force to help me clear my breasts.

bride_09>reduce supply also good mah. Slowly cut down lor. I heard can use cabbage eaves to further reduce supply. anyway, got breastmilk also good mah. Can give your bb. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

MamaD> ya..stopping bf...goign bk to work soon and i am tired of the routine of pumping..i feel i cant feed my son at times when i pump..feel i shd care for him more like a mom..i alr had abt 2 mths ss for him...i need to rest, have personal time with him...then i can care for him more.

Tyl, Megan, can put my name down but since we r going to be very late. I will SMS tyl n see first. If disperse already the. I won't go over Liao. Think I Will not be joining for the food. dun think there will be much food left by then n also too close to raeanne's dinner time. :p

bride_09> yah..especially our industry..veri difficult..no clean place to express at our type of work place..for my case..tink it is dropping automatically, dunno wat is engorgement leh..mine onli avg 400ml a day so..LO alreadi starts to supplement wif FM everyday for 3mths liao

megan> ok count me and hubby in with our bb elisa. will pm fatbabe. at most i nv go, some of u can tabao home. haha.

east mummies, give me some time to locate where i posted the list of east mummies. i so tired today cos baby woke up from 520am to 620am not hungry, just awake so have to pacify her if not she'll wake hubby with her sounds.

bryest. i nv bring see pd cos i read forum and see what ppl say. so i use calendula cream, and bought QV body lotion. also going to buy california baby shampoo and body wash for sensitive skin. i read that cetaphil also can but i thought QV better cos they state for eczema for infants and eldery. they have a whole range at watson or guardian. kk

Yuki,

does your baby poo at nite? I change his diaper everytime when he wakes up for his feed every 3 hourly and there's poo. If don't change during the nite, the poo will dry up and stick to his backside. There will be nappy rash too. I'm currently using mamy poko. Bought huggies ultra at the baby fair but haven't use yet. Regretted not buying more at the fair. I only bought 3 packs.

TYL>me on exclusive pumping..he has no patience to wait for milk and he started on bottle when he is warded for jaundice..so he didnt really latch much..only when he is super hungry then he latch...

mamaD>will try when my sore throat recoever

melissa>rest well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pauline>ok. see you there if you can make it.

bride_09>oic. Ayden also has no patience for milk but we are training him to wait by talking to him and distracting him. I prefer latching to pumping. Less hassle. :p

bryest>eh, you change diaper every time your son wakes up for milk at night? For us, we will lift the side of his diaper to see if there's poo. If no poo, we won't change cos the huggies diaper we're using at night absorbs his urine. We also use a thick layer of diaper cream everytime we change to protect him from diaper rash.

megan > PM you my details already.

lsntyl > How do you manage to hand express out a full feed? Doesn't it take a lot of time and isn't it painful?

Hi all,

wanna do some final shopping before I head back to work. Meet coll for quick lunch and shopping with ex-coll n her baby. We both pretend we dunno when baby is crying while looking for nursing rm.....else very ganchiong cant concentrate on what we r doing, hahha! My mum insisted on following me cos she scared I can't handle baby, I diedie dowan let her follow, so she got upset, end up I gave in n I let her follow. But she went ard to shop by herself, she said she wont disturb us, she will find us if we need help. I kanna scold by my hb upside down, said I m very mean to my mum......

When we were in the train, no one gave up their seat to us, priority seats all taken up by young abled ppl, we were being shoved ard with Ayden in the stroller. My mum very pissed purposely bang into those ppls' legs who dun deserve to be sitting at priority seats. Anytime when he cries, we also cant pick him up cos when the train stops, it jerks. When someone finally alite n we took the seats, I purposely point to the picture n tell Ayden " this means priority seats, next time u cant anyhw sit ok n must give seats to the needy1"

I wish I can b there for the gathering! But I am nt confident to bring baby out alone still. If there is going to b a east gathering I will try!

MamaD- sorry to hear abt ur case. My colleague oso juz went thru same as u n she is now 5 wks preg only! She warned me b prepared for same fate after my ML end as our current boss is ruthless n replacing all with her own ex staff !

Btw I saw some of u mentioned ur nanny rate is $500/550 for 5 days. My fren rec me her mum n wants charge me $900. Still told me mkt rate is ard $1k at least! Is that right??? Even more ex than infant care...now panicking coz still haven't found arrangement for baby when I star wk

tell me about the train seat thing... it is so ARGH!!!... Irritating! Remember when i was preggy with big tummy in 3rd trim, also ppl dun give up their seats, esp those young and abled man. It always ended up with the aunties giving me their seats instead.

Firipy

Congrats on the success of yr outing!

But for me, if I were pushing a stroller, I wouldn't think I'd need a seat, coz I'd feel safer standing and holding on to the stroller in case it rolls off!

If I was slinging/carrying baby, I wouldn't mind sitting down. But even if I stood up, it's fine too, coz sometimes easier to handle baby while standing.

Then again this is just my opinion lah....

Yr mum so nice. Mine.. she'd rather read her books & newspapers!...heh

elynn

haha sometimes it takes a less preggy woman to give up seat to a more preggy woman!

smalldreams, cos we were being shoved ard n Ayden got cranky, so need to carry him, but hw to carry without a seat, stroller will roll n baby cries...so my mum said,"see la, dowan to let me follow, how u handle alone" She was alone at hm so she wanna go shop too, hahhah!

fox n pumkin patch got warehouse sale, wonder if I shld go down n see look...I nvr buy anything fr fox n pumkin patch yet, anyone can share exp?

big foot>I don't have much time at the office to hand express so its not a full feed. But the amount, together with what I pump, is so far able to replenish what my boy takes during the day. Don't find it painful. actually find it more gentle than my pump wor.

firipy>I went to the fox warehouse sale before. ok lah. bought 1 romper for Ayden and we found it quite soft. Didn't buy much else though

cherieheart: i bath my boy in the morning and give him a wipe in the evening. my mum always advised me against bathing in evening in case catch a cold. but i know some babies do bath twice a day. depend on how well ur LO take to bathing?

cocomama: ive never use MP before but ultra has always do the trick for my elder one. never leak before. the only times leak is mainly due to us taping too loosely..

sherry/cocomama: yr is also quite tall. he was 62cm at 10w old (2m). think he has my genes cos im quite tall for a girl ha.

smalldreams: my elder son can still fit too ahah but abit hard for him to get out w/o help haha cos of the shape!

F: either you increase her daytime milk intake to see if it helps. or give her pacifier during the 2-3am see if she will settle back to sleep. after sometimes, she will get the idea no milk at night and will sleep for longer periods. but if all else fail, maybe ur girl is just like some babies who stil need 2 feeds at night..just have to wait for her to stretch herself...

for me, after the last feed at 11-12mn, my boy sure will make noise at 4+am, i will pop the pacifier and he will sleep another 1-2 hrs then i will start the 1st feed of the day.

vanillaberry

I'm sure $1K is not market rate la.. Unless it's in ringgit. My cousin's LO found a nanny for $500 also.. She said if go on solid food then $550.

it sounds like extortion.. Might as well put in infantcare..

Hi,

Anyone using pigeon steriliser ? Do u find the metal base abit rusty ? Able to remove it ? How ?

Can still continue to use ? Only use for a few mths like very wasted to buy another new one again leh ?

Lin- haha tks for confirming. I also think too much lor somemore she need take care of her grandaughter n fetch her to n fro childcare. Which means my baby will have to follow too n I'm not very comfortable with that coz need to travel a distance. Sigh bk to search again...

Mstan- the sterilizer has an instruction sheet on how to clean the metal base with lemon or vinegar. I only clean once so far :p

Mstan, take out all the bottles, then can either pour some vinegar diluted with water or some lemon juice and sterilise it. If not clean, you can scrub the metal plate, the rusty stains should come out easily. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi

Anyone here heard of "Karicare" formula milk powder? My friend from Australia introduced it to me. It is made in New Zealand. Anyone from New Zealand or Australia knows Karicare? Is it popular there? Is it good?

I have checked out NTUC and Cold Storage, but they do not sell "Karicare". I noticed there is a brand called "Karihome" which is goat milk powder. I understand "Karicare" is made by the company called "Nutricia". Is "Karihome" related to "Karicare"? Anyone knows where I can get a sample of Karicare infant milk powder in Singapore? Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Anyone using pigeon steriliser to sterilise Medel bottles and freestype pump parts? Is it safe? I noticed that my bottles turned a little sticky and out of shape after that, now sure if is able to take the heat....

Can anyone teach me how to clean the freestyle tubing?

angelbaby>I sterilise my Medela bottles and pump parts in Pigeon steriliser. No problem so far leh. I don't clean the tubing. Heard no need to do so. Anyway, it doesn't come into contact with the milk so think its ok

Vanillaberry, the gathering is on sat leh...ur hb can come wt you??? come and join us lah..

ya nanny's rate is usually ard $500-$550, when they are on solid, need to increase another $50...

I'm also using Pigeon steriliser.. it's a 2nD hand which I bought from another mommy .

so far I only wash it with water.. heehee.. time to clean it I guess.

mstan8888 - The base has to be washed ... it's due to the components in the water in Singapore. Inevitable. Even worse for us here in SH. Use either white vinegar or lemon juice to squeeze in and steam. The manual should have instructions to guide you on how to wash.

angebaby8 - I am use pigeon sterilizer for my medela bottles and pump accessories but I dun have the problem like you did.

smalldreams - Are you still slinging your gal? I find it so hard to sling her these days. Maybe I am not doing it right. Coz' she cannot seem to be slung like before anymore.

Very tired today. My baby's very cranky the whole nite. Keeps rubbing his face and crying the whole nite, like very uncomfortable. He wanna sleep but keeps fidgeting around and cry. His eyes are still close when he cries. But I didn't bring him out yesterday. Really don't know what to do.

Morning mummies!

Yeh today off n gg bk to work next wed, super long weekend!

Bryest,

my LO usually poo in the day, but he poo this morning at 3am n I gota wake up to change him n feed as well. If not, the diapper can last him thru the nite. Touch wood, so far he is free fr nappy rash. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Megan,

alrdy pm u my details. Hubby not going the gathering.

Ok, gg to bring LO to market jalan jalan. Catch up later!

Megan,

sorry, I just saw ur pm. Has replied you.

Megan, bbchic, tyl, cy,

thanks for organising and coordinating the gathering.

Pauline,

we'll also be there ard 4pm cos we has an event before that till around 3pm at sentosa. Hope most of the mummies still around.

Koonie,

don't pack too much food yeh. Keep some for me and Pauline. Hehe

bryest

could it be wet diapers keeping ur LO up all night? sounds like he's tired but cannot get to sleep properly..

exercise after C-section

any mommies starting to work out? I'm wondering what exercises I can do.. checked with gynae about 2 weeks ago that I can start light exercises.. wonder what to do to tone the flabby tummy.

Paging for missytan & cheerieheart...i can't pm the 2 of you...pls revert ur details back to me ASAP...

yuki & byrest, received your pm liao

ya lin, my gynae say after 2 mths can start exercise liao...when i went for checkup, he scan say inside wound also all heal

by the way, anyone has Pigeon disposable breastpads that you do not require anymore to let go?

Please PM me. Thanks!

I've three brand new nuk silicon 0-3 months medium flow teats without box .. Open sterilized but didn't use it.. Who want? I can give at the gathering.. Don't waste it.. My boy using avent mah ..

AFann : Can I hv the three brand new nuk silicon 0-3 months medium flow teats as juz started my bb on his medium NUK teats for a wk....;p

vanillaberry,

sounds bo huah lei.. tat means yr bb is not her full attention. Actually,it's quite headache to find a gd nanny (*_*). I also meet some bump cos MIL only can quite in july if ur looking for helper if don mind from tanjiong pinang,aunty actually r CL but as live in helper rate is 35/day if short period think it's ok..taking care of bb 24/7 =p ..do let me noe if u wan her contact .

lin,

I recieved the FM list alredi, did u ordered from the supplier also...don noe whether is it frm netherland imported for my enfalac

lin, megan> i started going back to the gym and had bodyache all over. my gynea said after 12 weeks then can do abdominal exercises so i did some sit ups. but then on off i still feel some throbbing pain at the c-sect area even without exercise. it goes away quickly too so still bearable. wonder whether it's bcos sometimes i put my LO on my tummy.

vanillaberry> i pay my nanny $700 although most are asking $550. that is her asking price and out of those nannies that i visited, i like her the most so don't mind the little extra. i also specified that my LO is the only baby that she will look after until he's at least 6 months. so, i guess it also depends on how much you like the nanny and how much you're willing to pay her.

Back