(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

redtea,I also waiting for my stuff to arrive.....my shields like a bit out of shape le n ald turn yellow within 1 week lo.....

Was pumping halfway n Ayden cries, in a hurry spill one of the sides...arghh!

Hi mummies,

haven't been posting here for a long long time.Went to post in the wrong thread as I have been using iphone to to read all the posting.

Reporting in to update my status.

Baby Irvin was born at almost 41week on 13 Jan weighing 3.9kg, natural with epi. I think I broke all records with the biggest baby here. Haha.. Actually I wasn't prepared for such a big baby. I was prep for 3.5kg by my gynae so this is really a shock to me when the midwife announce his weight.

Here is my birth story:

8pm: Admitted to hospital

10pm: given prostin to help dilation. Only 1cm dilated

6am: Shaved and clear bowel

6.30am: sent to delivery ward

7.15am: Dr Tan came to check, only dilated to 1.5cm, and he proceed to break water bag

7.25am: contraction starts...didn't count the interval, was too busy concentrating on the breathing

9:30am: dilated 2.5cm. Can't take the pain anymore and asked for epi

10:30am: Epi adminstered...heaven!

3pm: Dr Tan came back to check on me. Asked midwife to prepare delivery. Need to use vaccum as bb is facing upward.

3.10pm: Started pushing. 3 midwifes are in to help, 2 to push my tummy and 1 to hold my leg. Dr. Tan was with me throughout.

3.45pm: Bb Irvin was born.

Thanks to Epi, i'm able to have natural delivery. If not, I don't think I'm able to push the bb out and most likely will need to go for emergency c-sec cos bb Irvin shited when he came out.

Afann & liverpool11 (liverpool11)

Congrats [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Now I started to feel nervous liao seeing so many mommies had popped, soon will be my turn...

Fear of contractions, wound pain etc ...haiz hope I can conquer these fear....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Josey..Wah..yes big baby! But I'm sure he's feeding well now!

Gak..Wah 40 days confinement..very long leh..Any tough rules that hard to follow? Like can't bathe?

Can't imagine drinking longan tea fr 1 month plus.

That time when I lived with MIL, my confinement was about 30days..can't tahan also, though she let me have quick baths b4 7pm daily with herbs..Always ask my hb to help me finish the tea..though I enjoyed eating confinement fd.

This time at our own plc, after 2 weeks, my MIL will go home!!

hehe me definitely doing a 30days confinement only...tomoro is the day...yeah...bubble tea here i come...hehe but won't drink a lot lah cos still bf

Josey, Afann CONGRATS!!!

my stupid migraine & the stupid lift upgrading is juz sending me nuts...

i called SOS after 2 nights of horror..SIL juz told me hubby going to fetch her bk tonight...yeah help coming!!>.

firipy.

the motilium can buy from pharmacy..i bought from my office downstair pharmacy...but i think guardian all these should haf...but i used the excuse say i taking for indigestion & heartburn...then the pharmacist ask me if i breastfeeding..cos i brought tytus along...i said yes..then i asked..."BFg cannot eat this ar??"...then he say no...juz dat 1 of the side effects is dat it will increase milk supply...hahaaha...then he say some will not recommend taking if BF...

so i think if you go straight and ask for motilium for BFg...they may not prescribed...

my suuply also up & down..you are quite right...maybe its oredi "stable"...so can stretch slightly longer...my nipple quite season..now can take higher suction pump..

lamb,

dun worry..the pimple will disappear by themselves one...

joy,

your ss gfoing up oredi...its good news...think most importantly..u took it easily...and relax...so BM comes naturally...

jessie,

i so opposite from you...i wan to pump!!....but of coz in the day when he latch..& everything seem easier...

Koonie,

you going to slowlywean off BFg already??...

i keep latching & bb keep fussing last night....feeling like shit...esp when under panadein effect..

tytus up from 1.30 to 2.30, 3-4, then 5.30-6.30...3 both breast latching & in between screaming for diaper to be change....i dunno how you ladies do so well at night latching..but its a struggle for me!!....cos nothing seem to pacify him...today SIL coming bk..i will stick to my pumping at night..cos even 2 straigh hours of sleep is a bliss for me now...

firipy , little lamb and melody,

mine yellow within a week too. actually the care for the softfit breastshield is to wash with bottle wash detergent and then rinse and dry. don't hv to sterisile everyday or time after use. i use hot water quickly run thru oso turn yellow. somemore the yellow part will turn sticky. so better to order thru available spree for more pairs if intend to bf for long.

Thanks. Good thing about big baby is he is easy to be carried. He has quite a good suction so my flow

kind of sets in on the 4th day. However, one of my breast is an inverted nipple. It gets very painful when he latched on. I tried using the nipple shield but he doesn't like it. I can only try to pump out from the excess but this is effecting my supply....

Lin (wakakami) - actually my bb was facing up when i delivered him n we have no idea abt it at all! my Hubby got a shock when he saw his head out and suddenly saw his eyes n bb eyes is open when his body is not out yet! Hubby got a Big Shock!

Yeah tougher in natural birth thats why my bb was forcept out.. But he was forcept coz mummy had over dosage of epidural and both legs are numb. I cant feel anything at all when m pushing.. n got so tired after 40mins of pushing n decided to forcept out.. with 2 push and pull from Doc.. my bb is out..

My advise.. go through normal delivery but not too much epidural.. that u cant feel a single shit! i regretted complaining abt the pain when epidural is on n dilation is around 4cm.. shd have tahan some pain.. maybe it help better in pushing..

koonie & gak - Whoa, seems like I'm not the only one doing 40 days confinement hor ... Anyway ... gotta tahan lor. For our own good, right?

koonie - There are also moments that I'm already thinking ahead like when my confinement is over and i have to look after baby on my own. What are the plans I should make. Like who'll do laundry, sterilizing, housework, cooking etc. A lot to think about.

melody - Hmmmmmmmm, you could be right hor ... Okay ... I sure hope so. My new plan in helping her gain weight is this. I hope to express about 60ml out first and then latch her. And then if she's done with one breast, move her to the 2nd one as long as possible. Then nite time, I'll express once to do bottle feeding. I really hope she'll gain weight. Damn stress. During pregnancy, stress over her not growing big enuff. Come out already, still worrying about her not growing big enough.

meganlee - Your confinement tomorrow over already??? So fast??? Wah liao ... I also dreaming of bubble tea whole day long. But after confinement still gotta restrain, coz' caffeine intake will affect breastfeeding too.

bbchic - Yeah, I noticed her pimples go away quite quickly so I'm not too concerned. DH more concerned coz' scared got acne problem. He still dreaming of becoming in-laws with Li Ka Shing.

redtea - Huh??? I keep sterilizing mine after use leh. Better send DH to go buy back-ups. Can share with me which spree you bought it from?

hi mummies!

i have delivered my peanut yesterday 18 jan at 8+am! induced, natural delivery w epi.

joy: can help me update the table.

he is 3.52kg at almost 39w.

birth story:

12.00am: admitted to TMC to induce. cervix checked and noted no dilation.

12.30am: inserted tablet to induce. contractions soon started

2.30am: checked, 1.5cm dilated.

abit cant tahan the contractions pain. but still butt itchy wonder if this time cant try no epi..

330am: cannot stand so requested for epi. administered epi n given low dosage at level 8 requested by me.

near to 6am: contractions pain increase so requested to up the epi level to 10. nurse checked and said dilatin ard 3-4 cm. abit disappointed. cos dilation speed not as fast as expected. i tot for 2nd delivery will be faster than 1st one..

ard 730am: pain increased and i asked nurse to increase epi. they increased to 15 and said thats the max. but i can still feel the pain. so they checked and said im 9cm dilated! surprised by the sudden speed of dilation.

waterbag has broke on its own and they called my gynea.

8am: gynea reached and we started to prepare to push since im 10cm dilated by then. this time round the pushing time is much shorter as compared to my 1st delivery. ard 15mins. cos i can still feel a bit of pain and the contractions so know where to push.

820am: baby peanut is out! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

gabrielle: i was not allowed to eat when in labour. thats the practice for TMC at least. not sure for other hospitals..

afann: congrats. ur labour is quite smooth too! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

smilemum: same as u, im quite flexible with BF. wont insist on TBF. if my milk ss is enuff will do that, if not will supplement w FM just like wat i did for #1. for my #1, i got bad experience for i was made to do almost 100% direct latching and it was sooo tiring for me back then. so for this time, definitely gonna express out and get hb to help me w some of the feedings..

confinement: just to check for those who hire CL, how long they suppose to come? 28 days?

and including the 2 days stay at hospital, our confirnemt wil be ard 30 days in all?

littlelamb: my milk supply was keeping at 60ml & i still got latch on him ... huh i cant aviod not to compare leh cos i heartpain if bb no supply of BM to drink

Megan: me too, sometimes bb milk marathon fr 3+am till 7am then slp till 10+ 11 am ... haiz ... and the moment i latch till he soundly asleep, i put him down, he cry, latch again, few mins he slp again, cant wake him up to suck again, then again put him down, he wakie ... sob sob ... tired tired ... he enjoy the process of sucking, my mum suggested pacifier for him but i try not to leh ...

charis: same as u. i requested my friends not to come yesterday. only our immediate families allowed. cos really tired. and its a good thing. i managed to catch up on sleep and rest a lot. anyway, i was still attached to an urine bag and cant move ard at all. today most of my friends come visiting during lunch, and im in a better positon to "entertain" them hehe.

josey: congrats! and yes what a good birthweight for natural!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jolene: dun worry, ur turn will be here soon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dolphin - I guess my worries are different from yours. For me, I am more concerned about weight gain than my SS. I guess every mommy will have different concerns.

ecookie - Congrats. Your LO has same birthday as Jay Chou! May your LO be as musically talented as he is.

Gals,

Check with you all, do you all know of anybody who makes those agar agar cakes? Not sure if you all know what i'm referring to. It's agar agar in multicolor and done like a cake. Thinking of doing it for my gal's full month.

little_lamb: thats what my friend sms me too. ive no idea. haha jay chou very filial to mum. hope peanut will be the same . hiaks.

Hi mummies, been reading ur posts these days while pumping.. very entertaining.. as compared to keeping my neck down n eyes on the pathetic flow of barley water like a mummy mentioned earlier.. I was laughing like mad when I read that earlier...

I am a super bad girl.. i bathed and washed my hair secretly b4 I was discharged... that was wed.. then on fri, my scalp itch again... buay tahan.. kept scratching until hubby says wan to buy mittens for me.. lol... then i washed hair and bathed again... then on mon... I super buay tahan again... and asked auntie whether i can wash my hair.. heng she allowed.. but tlold me not everyday though...

Then I delivered on Mon, discharged on wed... On sat, I went shopping at IMM with hubby cos I was feeling so depressed over this whole confinement thing... then he brought me out... although it was a less than 2hr trip., I oso very happy.. Next trip is tmr.. going out to get my baby's chinese name... then following trip is fri... go ICA do birthcert... Looking fwd to shopping and bubble tea as well... ok, back to pumping barley water...

Ecookie, Afann, Josie

CONGRATS!!

Do rest well mummies!

Ecookie

Perhaps coz it was an induced labour, the dilation wasn't as fast. But still...it was relatively uneventful rite [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Good on ya!!

Little Lamb, Koonie

My confinement also supposed to be 44 days! But I've been going out, just to & fro my place & my mom's. Today also went out for a while to fetch my son, then went to buy some biscuits to stock up since I'm ALWAYS Hungry at home.

Gabrielle

Hey, you got a doula? Cool! My doula is my hubby, hahaha!

Anyway i ate porridge twice, during #1 & #2 labour and threw out BOTH times. Some birthing books also suggest Not to eat during labour. Maybe sweets can lah. I drank a lot of water too, but I remember for #2, I walked to the toilet when I was already abt 5 -6 units dilated. Blood came out when I peed. G-g-ross. I was amazed that I didn't fall though, walking to the toilet with the drip attached to me.

BBchic

Cheer up. It's the growth spurt week lah. My girl also, I've given up on monitoring 3 hr feeds. Coz sometimes she also wake up like Tytus. Just that yesterday she a bit more well-behaved. Woke up at 1, then 4, then 7 plus.

Dolphin

My mom suggested pacifier also. In the end I just bought, but never open. She last time suggested yao lan, I didn't give in too. In the end, she left me alone. hee!

Clarissa

Notty girl huh! haha! But a happy mommy will also produce more milk :p

Bubble tea is alrite, just don't ask for the ice.

Tomorrow I'll be running some errands within 3 hrs in the morning. Wonder how it'll be.

Firipy

Think MCYS will send a letter to you informing you of how much has been banked into yr bank a/c. So you just filled up the OCBC form and dropped it into the box when you did the birth cert rite? So good! That's very convenient. I wished i did that. Sighs!

ecookie - Actually, I've read before that capricons are known to make good older siblings. And they care about family a lot. So for those of us who are having capricons as #1, we can hope to see filial piety in them and taking care of their younger siblings very well.

clarissagoh - Wah, very shiok hor. Hhahaha ... no MIL or mom to nag at you about breaking rules?

smalldreams - Personally, I feel that some rules dun quite make sense lah. But I'll still follow lor, out of respect.

Just woke up from my nap. Think tonight I'll be posting at odd hours again. :p

Xiaofu: It's true our mums/MILs belong to the era which think FM is superior to BM. You're still so patient and understanding even during your confinement. Good for you! You shd still tell your mum your desire to BF and that by encouraging you, she can help increase your MS.

Liverpool: Post pics of your baby soon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Smilemum: I'm like you. No expectations and no stress. I do my best in BF and pumping, and if not enough, will supplement with FM. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Littlelamb: I think your weight is a bit on the low side but still ok. The thing abt going under pre-preg weight is that the breasts will shrink. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] This I don't like.

Redtea: Same here! I prefer the personal fit to the softfit. My softfit shields not only turn yellow, they tear too! And yes, I believe the yellowness is due to too much sterilising.

Josey: Wow! COngrsts! Big baby you have. I might also have a big baby cos bb is now 3.3 kg at week 36, and I'll be delivering at week 38.

ecookie: Congrats to you!!

2as,

u using super high suction power to pump. torn?! :p i hope my only pcs can tahan till the new one arrived. hee...

Clarissa,

ur hubby very good lei. let u go out. my hubby very strict on me going out on confinement.

confinement rule;

i bath and wash hair everyday but at 1-2pm only in the day. don't care. i wanna sleep comfortablely on my bed. :p

Washing Hair: Use dry shampoo. Very effective to rid of itchy scalp.

Fastbabe: Your story of motilium is so funny. Increasing SS is a side-effect huh? Wahahahha!!!

Smalldreams: Haha.. I used both the pacifier and the yaolan. The latter was the magic for me which worked after my CL left. Then for my #2, we let him sleep in the yaolan in the daytime and his cot in the nighttime. The advantage of sleeping in yaolan is that the bb will have a very round head. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Heheh.. But do place soft cushions/mats under the yaolan.

Both my kids weaned themselves off the yaolan when there isn't much space left for them to turn about (ie before 1 yr).

clarissa: notti notti! but i think i will be like u! hehe. though i think i cant wash hair for at least 10 days.. thats the "deal" negotiated w mum.. gotta depend on dry shampoo my life saver. hope scalp not too itchy. then think will also sneak out for short while with the hubbi bah haha but maybe not so soon maybe 3rd week or so hehe.

Redtea: Yes, I'm used to using the highest power to pump. But I don't think the tear is due to that. More like cos my maid wash it too harshly.

If you're ordering new parts, order the personal fit. These can last longer. And oh.. You may wanna order the tubings too, cos milk tends to get trapped inside and the tubes turn moldy. *gross*

littlelamb, cos tomoro 30 days liao mah...me only do 30 days confinement...in fact i dun count mine really confinement...haha

i think bubble tea is ok lah...

smalldream,s bubble tea without ice nice meh...i think i'll drink half a cup wt ice ba...

dolphin...hi5 man, tat's wat happen to me...

clarrisa...me has been noti thru out my confinement...talking abt washing hair, i even wash my hair on the 5th day at a salon, then every 2-3 days i'll wash again then bath twice everyday...

little lamb: me my hb and my #2 are capricorns! but #1 is scorpio. very possessive one. he s not showing signs of resistance towards #2 liao..oops. think have to put in effort to make his slowly accept didi..

2as,

i jus make order for the personnal fit. got to wait for 3weeks. mums and bebes are selling at $31.90 each pair which i can get 2 pairs thru spree. so gonna wait lor.

ecookie..hehe..at least u tahan for sometime and request low dosage..got experience of labor!

U were in TMC..1 bedded or 2? Trying to make comparison..cos undecided btw the two.

Somehow I prefer ppl visiting at home..though last time my mum insists that its easier fr ppl to come to visit at the hospital cos at home more inconvenient..

Anyway, I rather family/frens jus visit during 1st mth celebration..haha.

charis: im staying in 1 bedded. cos i wanted my hb to stay overnight w me.. 2 bedded is ok. depending on ur luck, who knows uve no roomie and ve the whole room to urself. on the otherhand, i heard of pple w those roomie who have alot of visitors so u have to share space w her, got disturb by other pple when BF etc. and hb cant stay overnight w u as well..

freestyle user;

wanna ask, will ur pump switch off automatically after more than 30minutes of pumping? mine will, dunno if is the unit faulty. afew times liao.

Charis: I've been in a one-bedder all along. It's the ideal for me cos hubby can stay over with me and there's peace and privacy. I can rest as much as I want to or talk as much as I want to without disturbing others.

I've also heard many horror stories of inconsiderate neighbours. Remember that the few days stay in the hospital is the last moments of quiet and rest for you before you start to handle the bb fully by yourselves at home. So the rest is needed.

Wah, I went out to surf something for a while, suddenly the thread damn long hehe!

Megan

Eh, if you're desperate, anything is nice. haha! Actually I've drunk bubble tea with ice, and ribena with ice, even coke. Then I feel some tingling in my fingers so I've stopped drinking with ice. If I drink bubble tea again, I'll do it w/o ice!

A&A&A

Sometimes I think I deny my mom of her suggestions coz I just feel like doing that. Haha, I'm rebellious like that. Anyway it's good that yr kids don't want the yao lan when they've turned 1! I don't want to take the risk. Coz I can't imagine him being in there when he's 2 plus even. Plus quite unsightly in my already cramped room.

Little Lamb

I'll usually express every morning after my shower, to relieve my boobs. Typically get about 125 ml. My mom will use it to feed baby lor if I go out (like tomorrow). If not, I'll keep the milk in fridge, by the end of the day, I'll put it into a milkbag & put it into the freezer.

Charis

I think for 1st births, we're happy to get visitors. But for 2nd births, we have a lot to juggle with, #1 etc. We just need some peace time, and entertain once and for all.

Ecookie

Hey good rite if yr #1 is not showing signs of resistance to #2 ? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

smalldreams.. eh, no leh.. my barley water only max at 60ml in 1 day... then supply decrease thru out the day... dunno y... bt i juz started taking fenugreek yest le... y drink bbt cannnot put ice? go in already become hot bbt le mah...

little lamb.. of cos mum n mil will nag n scared my in future got wat migraine etc.. tt is y i nv let them know...if i dun wash nw, i dun haf to wash in future le... hair all torn out by me...

ecookie... i got buy dry shampoo, end up din use.. cos i dunno hw it is like, scared make my scalp even more itchy n i cant bath then die... dun need 2 wait till 3wks b4 gng out... cos bb's checkup will b b4 tt... unless u r nt gng...

Megan! u r my idol... haha, i oso wanted to go salon wash 1... more shiok... bt cant really go out as n when i like... haha...

Clarrisa

Hey, spot on! I also think that way - once you consume something, wouldn't it turn into body temperature already?

But oh well, I'm not trained in physiological areas...hahaha...so better just follow.

I think if yr hair is not the oily type, it's OK not to wash. Malay confinement can wash hair, no problem, just dry quickly lah.

Neways I think I might need to express milk soon. My output this morning already used when I was putting my #1 to sleep. Now can feel some milk flowing since I missed a latch-feed. Just typing abt breastfeeding can trigger a signal to the brains. Amazing!

lamb, my boy is super disfigured also lo, his manyue n face so many patches.....his face so smooth n nice when I give birth to him n the following 2 weeks....

fatbabe, smalldreams,my mothers, hb n myself all give up on the monitoring also, it was 2-3 hrs feed, sometimes its like 1 hr to 1.5 hrs he start his nonsense ald! I no choice use pacifier cos he shout till so loud even when he shits....

Gabrielle, I was inserted the prostin n an hr later wheeled up to ward to wait for dinner, I absolutely got no mood to eat cos can feel contrations which is like mense cramp!

my mum brought her fren to my plc to acc me, they playing mj, let her n mil have a break for helping me, I look after bb myself, gosh, my arms wanna break lo, that fella kept wanting me to carry! I pat him awhile, cheated by placing him on bouncer, on vibration mode n he slps....

clarissa, prob bcos i got no old ppl at home lah, but later when i told my mom, she say it's ok lah...cos they wash n blow dry for us fast mah...

Smalldreams: We place the yaolan in the living room leh. At an area where we can all watch over the bb while he naps. At night, then we will let him sleep in his cot in his room.

I feel that bbs are highly adaptable. The thing to take note is not to let them get too used to one particular thing. So if you let them sleep only in the yaolan, then I think they will get stuck to it. So got to alternate them between another option..

Ya lor..looking at all the comments so far..I think 1 bedded is better..hmm..its only the cost..

Smalldreams..Yes tats why I ask hb if we can jus invite evryone fr 1st mth..we didnt hav it fr my boy..cos my MIL didnt want us to spend $$ plus having to entertain her kaypoh relatives haha..

But now staying on our own..so our choice.

Washing Hair: My CL also allows me to wash my hair after the 10th day or so, using the dao feng cao water and to blow dry my hair immediately after. And she'll allow me to do so on alternate days or every 3 days after that. So not so bad, just got to tong3 for the initial 10 days using dry shampoo. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Firipy

Yr boy is concerned abt hygiene lah, thats why he shouts when he poos, so he can be quickly cleaned up :p

Have you tried putting some powder on his rash? Does he have rash on his neck folds, shoulders? Mine did last week, but I put powder (I used burts' bees, balance from #1), it cleared within 2 days. Some mommies say, Aloe Vera gel works too. I put calendula cream too but it didn't clear as fast as when I put powder. Try it. Think the area just needs to be dry, not wet & hot.

But Firipy

I'm impressed at the "kampung Spirit" of yr family members. Everyone gets up when Ayden gets up at night!

A&A&A

If you can afford the space for a yao lan good lor [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yeah, you're rite. but as adults, sometimes out of convenience, we just let things be. That's the thing! :p

Charis

I didn't want a celebration for my #2. I'm thinking, let's cut cost, just make a simple donation for thanksgiving reasons at a needy agency, that's it. But my hubby & MIL insist on it lah. Sighs, too bad lor. Sometimes I feel lousy for having the function on a sunday, pple must come when they can relax and slack at home. Maybe I'm weird :p

Congrats, new mummies! And of course, congrats to third time-new daddy - Liverpool!

I got past the worst of engorgement, fever, porn star-style boobs. Now latching on directly and trying not to pump so that supply can stabilise. Nips are getting a bit sore. I think I relaxed too much when breastfeeding. Gotta review my basics for positioning and latching. Don't take it too easy when baby is drinking up. Bad latch/positioning for a brief moment can cause a lot of harm to our delicate nipples.

Ladies, it has been hectic... without a confinement nanny. My mummy has been so tired helping me and taking care of the rest of my family at the same time. My hub was very involved and was great help but he had to return to Dubai last weekend. Now I'm more getting the hang of things but still no two days and no two nights are the same. Sometimes, easy, sometimes, tough. Settled all the full month cake orders for our families too... can't wait to take a break. When huh? How huh? hahaha.

Confinement rules should not compromise with personal hygiene and emotions. I have been taking showers and now in the third week, relaxed liao... sit in front of fan, wear shorts, sit on the floor... Don't know if it's too early to exercise but sure feeling better after some stretching. Megan, I want bubble tea too. My mummy is flexi on the confinement but she asked not to take cold drinks till 40 days later. Sigh... i try lah cos I'm already breaking the other confinement rules like a rock star!

Xiaofu, Jia you. I'm sure KKH's LC can help. They are really good, especially Cynthia, the asst director. Hope you can get her at your consultation. I was so desperate to regulate my supply, i saw LC at Mt E, home visits and KKH. It was all worth it. The pros are really good. So good, now Renee rejects NUK and Avent bottles already! Gosh... gotta start training her with one EBM bottle per day, man! This is important if you ladies are thinking of sending your babies to childcare. My cousin daughter refused the bottles at childcare, rather starve herself the whole day and then in the evening, chomp my cousin like a barracuda.

For ladies who latch and then pump, do you just keep storing more and more bags of milk in the freezer? I'm running out of freezer space and I'm afraid that the more I pump, the more I produce. Now I'm trying to regulate the supply by latching on and avoiding pumping. Renee only suckles one side and I'm trying to tahan not pumping the other side. Wait for next feed to clear it. It is the right way to stabilise the supply?

Congrats Afann, Liverpool and Josey!

Josey>Wow I really pei fu u 3.9kg baby! My baby not out yet alr 3.1 kg at 38 wks hb n 1 worried he will be too big! But they say a bigger baby is easier to nurse so thats gd too!

Little lamb> I am 38 wks.. edd on 28 Jan. Every night I go to sleep wondering if I am going to have contractions and is baby coming out tonight haha... actually i oso wonder after confinement who will do all the housewk - who will help u look after ur baby after confinement?

Actually I am having a bad cold and horrible sore throat now and refuse go see doc coz I dun want take medicine. Wll medicine affect baby at this stage? I juz worried may go labour any moment...

Back