(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

Joy..Was going thru my activities..very short, 15 min for toddlers/pre-schoolers, 15 min for babies..ok anot? I don't want to tire the kids..and the parents too, usually my lessons run for 1 hour..haha..plus scared halfway my gal want to bf..not sure how it'd be like tmrw..but we'll just go ahead and hav FUN!

firipy..I emphatised gal! I have painful "middle pain"- ovulation pains this 2 days..but so far I have light bleeding only during menses..though I full bf, menses still came!

Then ytd and today my kids super cranky..esp my older one, he got a bit of runny nose..so very attention-seeking..my gal keep waking up, alot of wind!

Ada, he got drink in morn ald, at nite sometimes.......jus force him to take ridwind, he cry like mad, gave him abit of glucose water.....

Enjoy yourself ! Yah, post many many pictures hor!!! And please post some photos here cos I cannot access FB and blogs here *sob.

I also want to finally choose a bf for Arwen so post nice photos of your boy boy and I show her and see which one she literally drool over.LOL!

Firpy- I think eventually he will poo .. Try to apply ru yi you n rub ur hands hot n apply on his soles .. Works for mine .. U can try .. Maybe he nids water as well ?

ecookie,

I just finish latching baby. He woke up after 5hrs of sleep but only latch on 3mins and fell asleep again. How's ur baby? Is he sleeping through already?

wow i so so long nvr login wor ... guessed missed alot of post sia ..

BTW any mummies still on TBF ? i gave Tristan 1 FM feed b4 he slp at night, day time still gave him BM ... next week i going back wk, wonder if he suddenly turn on to total FM, will he be able to take it ah ...

Dolphin,

I'm still on tbf. My baby refuse to feed from bottle. He will use his tongue to push the teat out and even know how to push the bottle away. Trying to train him to feed from bottle everyday but to no avail.

Enjoy the parrrrrrrrrty later, folks! It's so exciting. Too bad we are not in Sg, poor Renee, cannot get hitched tomorrow. Hahah.

Cheerieheart,

I don't know why I pulled out my jeans today too. At first I wasn't very convinced that I can fit in... but wooo... it was comfy! Going to try out all my bottoms over the next few weeks but i don't have many tops to wear cos only nursing tops, tube tops and loose tops are convenient for bf-ing. Hope all the hardworking mummies get rewarded with pre-preggy or ideal weight/figure. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Firipy,

Hope your cramps go away soon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jessie,

Arwen can 'hang high high and sell" already. She's Little Miss Hot Favourite. Hee.

wow, tmr gathering's program sounds so cool! mummies do remember to take lots of pics [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lin, can PM me SHA's contacts as well? come jun, will need to order FM for my #1 liao

jessie, wow arwen sure can drink! my boy only takes 120ml every 3.5 - 4hrs

dolphin, my tristan still on TBF. u mean u going to stop latching/pumping from next week onwards and feed total FM? think u need more than a week to totally cut down milk supply leh

bryest, when u going back to work?

Sorry to interrupt. I am from the March thread and have the following item to let go

1) Desitin Original (purple)- Bought extra @$12, to let go @$10 (include postage), expiry 01/11.

Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

Bryest,

Same same. Everytime feed bottle like battle like dat. I change all the teats liao. Now worse. The moment teats touch his mouth he will scream!!! How how. 

jessie

Ur Arwen is one of d hot favourites here.. Don't worry!!! Haha..

sweet

Leave me a PM.. I'll email u d price list w Sha's contact for ur reference. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Have fun @ d gathering today mommies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Yup.. Remember to post pics!

Sweet,

I'm going back work on 19 may.

SH,

we also tried different teats. He rather not drink and go hungry. He will cry till tears drop on his cheeks and fall asleep. See already also heartpain.

Morning mummies....

SH, bryest> Till now, I am still battling with Lucas at every feed too, however, there is some improvements whereby once he cools off and if the teat is in his mouth, plus if hungry, he will start to suckle. Though not much, at least he is still drinking a bit... We feed him every 4-5 hourly now with about avg 130ml.

During that difficult period of his hunger strike, when he even rejected the breasts, I had to bring him to PD....PD prescribed probiotics for him and ever since I started feeding him 5 drops a day, it seems better. In addition to his hunger strike those days, he also had poo strike.

You just had to keep trying....Jia you!

Luvbabe,

Estovan will only drink abt 5ml from the bottle and it's after much struggle.

Normally, he'll latch every 3 hourly for about 10 to 15mins during the day and 3 to 5mins during the nite. When I pump 10mins on 1 breast, I can get about 130ml to 180ml. So I presume he's drinking that much every 3 hourly.

flirpy,

if bb no poo poo ..

1-give abt 20cc of boiled rice /barley water plain no sugar(gd for bb during heaty day but normal day give also gd =)

2- add one teaspoon of glucose to the FM

3- Add gripewater to luke warm boiled water feed 20cc

4- ru yi you method then wrap bb tumtumm wif towel or napkin, warm warm then will poo

all these methods wrk for my bb joey , if poo is green dark n smelly means heaty give the #1 method wrks very well...

Hi all, he finally poop, nt alot but better than nvr. Thanx gals, he refused milk whole of last nite only drink glucose water. This morn then wanna latch

Bryest,

Ya ya. My boy oso like dat. Cry and go zzz. Then until we talk loud loud beside him, he oso refuse to wake up. Call him oso zzz like a log.

Luvbabe,

I am only trying 1 time a day. And sometime he dun even drink 10 ml. Will always scream when teats touch his mouth. But coz he still latches. Shld be ok. Though he seems to be drinking less and less. Sometime latch less than 5 min on one side he refuse to drink liao. Sigh.

Bryest, 

Do u think it's coz they know they can get the breast on the next feed so they refuse to drink?

My neighbour suggested starving him if he refuse to take bottle ie. dun latch. But I can't bear to do it lei. 

koonie, is it really safe to let bb drink barley water.. coz i heard a sad n scary story that one MIL fed the baby with too much Barley water n the baby died..

i think small amt is still alright but not too much.. coz there was once my mom tried to feed my niece n Isaiah with barley water too.. but my sister stopped her coz of this sad case.

fat-babe/ Sweet : Yah.. I also don't know why she drink so much leh.. I think it is the European gene in her lah. Normally Asia babies where got drink so much one.. I am trying to stretch to 5 hours liao since she drinks so much.

Next month, going to start her on semi solids so will cut down her milk intake. I am not too bother actually but I really don't want her to be like fats everywhere. I do have fat gene + DH side, all quite big one, scarli she is one fatty bom bom when she grow up siah. LOL.

Ahh.... better ask the boys to pick a local girl ( since got so many pretty ones in our group), intercontinental marriage sibei tiring one! LOL

koonie, mindy,

i didn't give tytus barley water..but the porridge water i fed him a few times....but i dun thin barley water is of harm..dat MIL fed bb is too much barley water??...maybe becoz she added some things in there...

honey is a no no though....but because of my ignorance..my T1 haf been drinking honey since 1 month old....v v fortunately nothing happen to her...

jessie,

hhahah but she not obese...maybe her born metabollic rate highe??....huh..u & DH both dun look fat wor...family side???...

i was v worried dat my kids were too huge...coz all born small but drink milk until all belong to 90 percentile size..but my dotter self diet when she turn 2 le...now v "slim" liao...

Dolphin,

i think you should slowly alternate BM & FM le....my SIL had this problem when she went bk to work...her DS milk strike for many days coz not use to FM...

or..u can blend the FM & BM together...slowly introduce the tase...anyway i always blend..in different quantity...to get tytus used to different taste.

Fat_babe,

yah honey is no no for baby.. porridge water i nvr try also.. i just feed Isaiah with plain water when he eat with medicine..

But the medicine dont seems to be working well for him leh.. he is still coughing badly.

Look at him, so heartache.. but when we play and talk to him, he still can smile n wink at us.

So i think he is still feeling not so bad.. just that he sleep alot now.. after feed n sleep immediately liao.

My Isaiah nvr drink much of BM, maybe thats why his immune system so weak.. somehow or rather i wish i have the same problem as u mummies..

the FM n BM problem. haiz

fat_babe : Nope, she is not obese,she is in the 75th percentile . But maybe it is the rolls of fats on her thigh, back and face that makes me scare. I am not fat but I once was and it was not fun being fat and always kana the first to be caught when playing "catching" with my friends cos I can't run far. LOL!

Her nanny likes Friso cos she says it makes her stout looking and not like lumps of fats hanging everywhere. LOL. I did not know FM got diff effect one.

Bryest : I think at this point, have to persist. If give in and latch, he will be even more confuse as to why you want to latch and then next push the bottle to him. Milk strikes are typical in this kind of cases. Normally will end in a few days when baby really hungry and will drink. But if you give in and latch, he will not understand. Like all humans, babies dislike changes and will take a few days to adapt. Jia you eh!

Smalldream: i will still give my Tristan BM if i still hv supply ...

fatbabe: yes i tried 2 feeds yday he cant take the taste, keep splitting out the FM ... end up uses 1 hr to feed only 80ML @ 7+pm, and next feed is 12am ... haiz ...

mindy: my tristan also fell sick last week, med i din give him cos he start to develop rashes, but miracle is that he cough very bady for 2 days & next day (3rd day) he recover ald ... he could also smile & talk & wink too ...hahahah ... yes yes so long as bb still does the nec task then he is doing well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my girl seems to dislike FBM. Hopefully not, cos most of the time i give BM from the fridge, once in a while to use up the older milk, then i use freezer but seems like now, she doesnt like frozen so i think i'll tackle that when the time comes to use the frozen milk.

back from the party!! woah it's really a lot a lot a lot of people!!! only managed to say hi to a few ppl, that's about it.

thanks again for all who organise! the food's good! thanks charis too for her activities =)

nice meetg all the mummies once again!!!

melissa,

wow you are fast too!!...duper tired...still haf to go mummies house...

daddy photographers doupload the pics yeah!

jessie,

yes yes...they say friso make babies fat wor....last time i really believe leh...coz T1 was duper fat and she was solely on friso no BM....but now looking at T3...i think same la...if they born wif more fat cells..probably will turn fat when they take in alot of milk yeah...hahaha....

dolphin,

think haf to mix both together...so dat its not dat huge a change...

initially i gave tytus a full FM, he took a huge sip...then he stop suckling...pause & think was the funny drink..hahha...but now he's OK wif either..

mindy,

dun feel so bad about not BFg..some of my frens who fully breastfed...babies also had the same prob...low resistence to virus...now dat he's sick, he grow his own immunity..not a bad thing oso yeah...

Thanks for the hard work to mummies who organised...

Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Great meeting some of the mummies too...

Many beautiful mummies and babies...

Too bad I came late and miss most of them...

Nice catchin up with most too...

Now waiting for Mon's gathering...

Cy, can I order green apple green tea w pearl?

Thank u so much....

fat_babe> yah lor. my girl missed her nap time cos we had to go two places so we didn't want her to miss 2 nap times in a day so quickly go home. if not our heart pain. heh. then she guai guai nv fuss also so we so sayang.

anybody knows how do i add myself into the facebook group again?

melissa,

we also had to go 2 places and baby miss his nap time too. Although he did sleep a bit, we brought him home earlier in case he becomes cranky. So we went for a while and left early. Didn't manage to talk to a lot of mummies cos everyone seems so busy.

mindy,

forgot to collect the bottles from you. only remember when I am on my way home.

hi mummies!

thanks to all mummies who help to organise today's gathering!! was kinda bz with LO but managed to chat with some mummies. but hor, i can remmeber faces mostly n not really the names. @_@ poor memory!

fatbabe: so friso makes babies fat? no wonder! both my boys are on friso 1 for 1st 6 mths and both in 90th percentile. haha. but im ok cos when they fall sick when older, slim down v fast one.. like my elder one.. now not so chubby liao. ..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

yr slept very little for naps today. think over-stimulated. just now cry down the house before finally settling for the big sleep.. my poor aching arms..

oh yah, ask the daddies to upload photos soon. any ways we can download the photos? fb or emails?

Halo all mummies who went to the gathering/bash, really nice meeting up with all of you....

We're just back about 1 hr ago...after the bash, we still head to another friend's son's 1 yr old birthday party. Both Luis and Lucas are extremely tired and after washing up, both koon liao....

fatbabe> Looking at your kids, they are really all very well fed....T1 is very pretty liao and she is a very good jie-jie to all the babies and toddlers there....Very good girl!

Mindy> Yeah, dun feel bad about not giving BM...Agree w fatbabe that he is now building up his own immunity...Moreover, if he stills play and smile at you, that means he is not feeling extremely unwell...Nevertheless, hope he gets well soon!!!

FM list

mommies who have PM me.. I've replied. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello mummies !

Nice meeting u all at d gathering !

Too bad that I arrived too late & missed some fun & didnt manage to talk to some of the mummies....;p

Thanks all organisers & all mummies who contribute to make the gathering successful.

Hi all, had fun jus nw! No time to really talk to u all cos Ayden is so nt himself...... Must be too many boys competing with him for a gf! Hehe! jus got back fr dinner at my mum plc nw, Ayden is still fussy tdy, dun wan to drink milk..... I latch him in the handicap toilet during the party n 3 n half hrs later latch him at my mum plc.it's all jus 10 mins only, usually can take half an hr. Wonder if he is teething cos he kept pushing his pacifier to the sides of the gums. Nice knowing u girls n thanks to the girls n some of the hubbies who took photos n collect stuff for the event!

MIce meeting all the mummies earlier and of course thanks to all the organisers for making this event a success [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Looking forward to the SN gathering on monday!

Yup, agree with all the mummies... It was fun today meeting everyone... All the babies are so kawaii!! A pity I did not really get to talk to all the mummies.. Too many people and I don't know anyone at the beginning... Thank you to the organziers and mummies who helped out... Really appreciate your efforts! =)

mstan,

paiseh ah...juz now tot i left my milk powder container on the table..oz its the same one..waahhaha....took it accidentally...

luvbabe,

yah lor...kiddos all v tired..except T1...she alot of energy one..still watching TV...think my maid emplyed the "army style' feeding since young..feed them fast & alot...

firipy,

ayden actually look v much like leticia...fair fair eyes pretty pretty one...kekeke...you actually did a good job feeding him le!

ecookie,

did you bring your #1?!?! i only remember seeing chubby YR??

fat_babe : no problem. Heee....we r shocked when u took the milk powder when my hb was preparing the milk 4 my powder......;p

Pauline : finally get to c u too !

fat_babe : no problem. Heee....we r shocked when u took the milk powder when my hb was preparing the milk 4 my bb......;p

Pauline : finally get to c u too !

nice to see the mummies and the babies too! sorry din get to talk to many mummies cos busy with the 2 kids and others, :p

Hope u gals like the goodies bags from our generous sponsors, ;)

Hello mommies!

Nice meeting you ladies today!!!

The turnout is great. Really a pity that we can't chat with all the mommies.

Hope to meet up again real soon.

Oh btw, any mommies on msn?

Re pics

I have a few group pics.

Will post tml.

Hihi, nice meeting the mummies today esp Mstan, ecookie, fatbabe, Febie, Megan, Mindy, luvbabe and TYL. Can't catch up with everyone cos we were late and my no. 1 is very shy. Keep hugging my leg like Koala bear. :p

Thanks for all the efforts to organise and love the goody bag too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wow, finally in bed reading the post. Jus got home 1hr ago ...

Thanks all we helped the event n so happy to see all mummies, daddies n babies!! Tink I also didn't managed to chat w all. In case u didn't know who I am, my lil princess was dressed in red/navy polo dress!! Hair standing one.... Kekeke :p

febie, noted green apple tea ...

Back