(2009/12) December 2009 MTBs

Shokel, texture more or less the same. Yes, grind/pound the rice is another way
happy.gif
 


GG> oh okay,, cos i tried the baby porridge too.. more or less the same as baby rice lor... so was thinkin if i shd get four grain...
u gave bb barley before?

i quite like four leaf organic cereal, jus tt need to cook over stove (5mins), the texture is nicer... i tried their millets n baby rice...
 
Ainsley, I also dun like Bellamy, enyu din like it very much too. It seems to be more glue like texture.

Shokel, mine is 1.8litre one most impt I find auto shift very useful, I buy so big cos I can put 1 whole chicken in to cook soup for me n Terence.
 
Ha.. Mummies.. Slow cooker sure cook DAMN slow rite?? Or else wun cal them slow cooker Liao!! Hee!! Funnie or not?? Oops!!

My chubby dun like porridge but actually come to tink of it.. Aren't those healthy times cerea. Or mixed grains cereal more nutritious than orridge??

Hey.. Using iPhone can't load fotos onto the blog?? M can't choose file le!!

Everyday so many posts till mi can't catch up Liao.. Sigh!!
 
Shokel, nope, I never give barley before until I gave the Organix 4 grain cereal. I try to give bb different types so that hopefully he not too fussy.

Ainsley, the bellamy oat porridge smell is slightly stronger..the very oaty/millet smell..
 
Shokel, yes its only say 1-2 inche high only hehe. So weekday is her porridge, weekend i try to make soup.

Miu miu, haha very funny!!! Ya slow cooker is slower, so slow brew soup more nutritious lah. The only reason i use slow cooker is i dun have to watch it, morning scoop out can liao.

If use my claypot, i got to watch, stir and stir until soft. So weekend if i lazy, i use rice cooker, i cook a lot of porridge but not soft type, more like teochew porridge, then i scoop the portion into claypot for enyu and cook with her veg/fish. Remaining terence and i eat with steam fish, stir fry veg etc.

As for nutritious hor, i feel cereals quite good nutrition leh, just then i find it weird to mix in veg & fish. Also to transit into eating rice in future, porridge is good way, cos we can slowly increase the "hardness" of the grain. So actually i lunch is porridge with veg & protein. Night is cereal with fruits leh. If dun take porridge, cereals also ok lah.
 
ivy> i also got a bigger takahi slow cooker, dint think of wanna get tt out to use cos if cook for bb, so little nia, think my mum will say me crazy arh.. so big pot with so little porridge...
but its gd for soup...
doin porridge really alot more wk lor... prepare ingredients n puttin in before the porridge fully cooked la.. in order nt to lose all nutrients.. prepare stock based la.. blar blar...

cereal is so much easier n ya, i also feel tt , got more nutrients lor...

today i let ash try yogurt, he take a few sips then dun like liao, machiam wana vomit out... think too sour for his liking...
maybe i wil try and add into cereal n see hw he react... ehheheh

GG> oh okay... i was thinkin if i wana get barley cereal lor...
 
Shokel, veg or fruits purée I made beforehand cos I can thaw and go with porridge or cereal. My slow cooker not very big leh, it's 1 size bigger than the small one, I got even a bigger one which can cook soup for my whole family of 8-10. So very easy. Before u sleep put in rice n cool water, turn on auto shift, morning porridge Liao, add in watever purée u want, done.

I gave enyu yogurt today too, I read the instruction. 1st time give wif baby fav food together. So I take half of the yogurt put into her fav avocado, IFC feed, they say finish very fast hoho.
 
ivy> wahah... i nvr read instructions lor.. jus take n feed... no wonder ... chey... hehhehe...

tomolo i try again ba...

oh ya, i also let ash try egg yolk today... he seems to like it... althou very dry... drink alot water.. hehhe...

kk, me gtg slp liao,tired.. dint nap today... gg to pump n slp.. nightz!
chat tomolo...
 
Good nite shokel dun worry try again. My girl rejected the $20 roasted brown rice powder I also sian, weekend trying again.
 
ivy n shokel, i mixed my fish puree w baby rice cereal n breast milk to administer in sch. On weekends when I don't have time to cook porridge, I give bellamy brown rice pasta w the puree (treat puree like pasta sauce).

I wanted to buy slow cooker last time too but my mom said if I'm not going to use often, quite wasted to buy.. so end up using this thick aluminium mini pot to cook. Cook over stove can be as fast as 30min if you soak the white rice before hand. I got no idea about cooking brown rice tho...
 
wow.. i am lost... the thread too fast. :p

talking abt food again? my boy also dun like porridge leh.
sad.gif
boh bian.. hv to keep trying lah hor.
 
GG, thanks
happy.gif
i saw bellamys and organix cereals a few time but no idea which type to get ...haha ...think later go get one for the weekend
happy.gif
which type shld i start with?

shokel / ivy, i wan to try yogurt too ...must we serve cold or ...? can they take cold now?

May, how is the brown rice pasta like? what kind of texture? i gave kaelyn egg yolk mixed with breast milk and she like it alot too ...but dare not give too much coz she refuse to drink water
 
Yuki, organix taste b smell v nice. Bellamy is iron fortified bt gt a v strong smell which I dun like. I personally prefer organix..
 
Ivy: ya lor, later I'm gg to try... Cos dun wanna waste the fish tt my mum bought for him ... Keep so many days later not fresh.. Btw, if mixed w purée, jus mash the fish. Need any sauce purée bor?

May: oh okay, cos i also dint wanted to buy slow cooker but was lazy to watch over fire... Brown rice take really long to cook than white ones lor....
Ya, egg yolk so dry!! Maybe can mixed into their porridge hor? Can ?
 
hi ladies
good morning! I have cooked the bellamy pasta and pureed with veg & pork as sauce, bb kiren loves it.

sian, road closure @ my office again! This time is due to YOG closing ceremony.
 
shokel, cant give yolk w/o mixing anything la. too dry... you can either mix with water or bm for egg yolk. in porridge also can. i usually mix in nn's porridge.

sandy, now can give yolk, white later..
 
canopy, what texture is the bellamy pasta in after cooked? i saw it in the organix supermarket but duno whether to try. just the pasta alone gt taste?
 
akk....its;
smhdec09.blogspot.com

but have u give me your email acc to add in?
need either hotmail/gmail/yahoo.
cause this is a private blog, only for members.
 
Shokel n ani, ya.. I started by mixing yolk in porridge n purée. So I thought of letting him try the actual taste n he totally loves it. Weird la..

Baby pasta got two types .. I m still using the 7mths version. Easy to cook like how we cook our own pasta.
 
the pasta sounds interesting.. maybe can try make some for ryan.. his exposure to food like not alot leh, somemore alot of foods cannot eat.. sian..
 
Hi, everybody! anyone still have the
30% discount code from gap give and get program cos the spree response too overwhelming so dun wan to disappoint the mummies as 3 batches all full le. Can forward me at [email protected]? Thanks a lot.
happy.gif
 
Ainsley , thanks
happy.gif
then i go try organix first
happy.gif


Sandy, i heard that egg yolk is ok but egg white need to wait until 1 yrs old ...but wat the reason?

May / canopyhaze, I go have a look at pasta …but is it easy to eat , will bb get choke? if i just give pasta alone, is it ok?

Btw can bb take bread now? Bread use egg white as one of the ingredient?
 
yuki, the pasta is soft and small, so i think it's quite easy to eat. If you give pasta alone, it's like when we eat plain spaghetti?? I tasted it by itself, it's very bland so if I am the baby, I don't think I want to continue eating. Haha.. can mix in simple puree for some taste.

Despite the warnings about egg white, hmm.. while I've not outrightly given zach egg white, I have given him a bit of bread and non-salted scrambled eggs. So far no allergy..phew.
 
actually Zayden eats alot of rubbish when he is outside! :p like yesterday we went kenny rogers.. he end up eating the corn bread! hehehe
 
Yuki : Prior giving the pasta to bb, I've the same worry as well. But when i saw him chewing and checked his mouth after the 1st mouthful, all pasta is gone! I reckon it is also a good way to encourage bb to chew as well. If u worry, then blend the pasta with the puree till finer texture b4 giving it to your bb.
 
mummies, i have quite a few hats for baby to let go foc... nn doesn't like to wear at all. will pull it off.. who wants ah? pm or sms me...
 
May, ok thanks ..i try to mix some puree for her .. wat is good to add with pasta?

i guess abit of bread shld be ok ...nowaday when i eat bread , kaelyn keep looking and wanted to snatch frm me so wondering if i can give her a little.

MTDT, wow..Zayden can eat the corn bread ...keke :p last week when we went KFC, my hubby almost wanted to give kaelyn mashed potato without the sauce ..fainted.
 
canopyhaze, thanks ...i think i give it a try to c how she take it ..if she is ok then i might give her the pasta directly...

recently, i giving alot of the pigeon round biscuit...wondering if it is ok or unheathly?
 
oh ya, anyone gave the golden kiwi? i have kaelyn last weekend but she show me the awful look and not interested to continue eating ..i taste and it ok
 
Ainsley: I want! wat design u have? haha. sophie will wear them...

yunzz: which gym u looking at? Im wif california fitness, u can sign up n go to the one at Raffles place.
 
yuki, i use whatever puree i have in the freezer at the moment. Hmm.. use a puree that your baby likes? i tried celery+tomato (no seeds) + carrot puree with pasta the first time.. Zach was quite happy with it.

why cannot give mash potatoes? same as potato puree.. right? hehe.
 
May (pishako) : kfc mashed potato is processed food, made from potato powder mixed with hot water. I know cos i work in kfc before during secondary sch days.
 


may, umm.. cos his body immunity like a bit low, so i'm avoiding some of the 'liang' foods like spinach which i dont want to give him too often.. & too much.. then pd say dont give him too much carrots & banana, cos of his constipation problem.. then becos of his phlegm & cough problem, he cannot take too much fruits also.. yah.. and after giving him apple twice and he suffered bronchitis, i got so scared of introducing new foods to him now... =X
 

Back
Top