Hi, allow me to clear some doubts regarding iRobot. The local distributor is selling roomba 555, 563 and 581 which is equivalent to the US 560, 562 & 570 respectively.
The difference is mainly in accessories.
560 has 1 more virtual compared to 555.
562 & 563 is pet series of 555 & 560 which basically has additional set of brushes & high capacity bin(vacuumless)
570 & 581 is the same but have a remote and a lighthouse feature which allows room to room navigation.
All US imported sets will require a stepdown transformer but mine is a modified charger which don't need it. SG sets does not need a transformer as they are from europe which is 240V.
I offered a 2 weeks warranty which basically protects you from getting a unit which is faulty out of the box. It is a kind of assurance and not really a warranty. Some has reported that they found the equipment faulty uopon opening and left stranded with an expensive machine. Mushloom had also mentioned that they had the robot for yrs & still working. IMO, roomba is very durable and you don't need to pay $200+ more for the warranty. If you do want it, I can also cover you 1 yr parts & labour for additional $150. I am well versed in these robots and had been doing repairs for the past yr.
I also carries accessories and part. If you buy from local districutor, it will most likely be 2-3 times more expensive.
Hope the above clarifies the doubts on some of you here