(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

2 year old MASS bash gathering - brought to you by MM6J

Date: Weekend in November
Food: Should be buffet style
Interested put ur name!!

(if got demand then i org) hahah if wanna volunteer to help can put "volunteer" beside nick also.
4. sponge

Hello mommies! Long time didn't log in. Just want to tell you, that I'll be giving birth to #2 in aerly Aug
happy.gif
#1 is girl, #2 is a boy. So just nice!

Ashley, my girl also loves Barney! Books, those thick board books with things to flip open, she reads that sometimes.

oh yeah my bad .. congratx sporty ..
bo bian work alot ots agn lor haiz ..
also planning for my hols as well as reno !! everything adds up ..

mm6j - tml u free suntec?

Username: sponge

Post Number: 810
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2011 - 12:27 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interested put ur name!!

(if got demand then i org) hahah if wanna volunteer to help can put "volunteer" beside nick also.
4. sponge
5. Ayukie

whow whow.. I have been longing for an outing.. hehe.. but got to see if it does not clash with my gal's GUG classes and also see if i can handle 2 monsters anot.. hehe...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interested put ur name!!

4. sponge
5. Ayukie
6. cljl

Interested put ur name!!

4. sponge
5. Ayukie
6. cljl
7. funne

Interested put ur name!!

4. sponge
5. Ayukie
6. cljl
7. funne
8. peicatz

Interested put ur name!!

4. sponge
5. Ayukie
6. cljl
7. funne
8. peicatz
9. kanelmo

Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 5:34 pm:       

Interested put ur name!!

4. sponge
5. Ayukie
6. cljl
7. funne
8. peicatz
9. kanelmo
10. Ashley (volunteer)

MM6J, u hand fast leg fast hor

sporty, whatever it is, congrats to you

Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 5:34 pm:

Interested put ur name!!

4. sponge
5. Ayukie
6. cljl
7. funne
8. peicatz
9. kanelmo
10. Ashley (volunteer)
11. dingdong

hey mummies, its been a LONG time since i last logged in, and boy, mummies you all are planning for the 2yr bday bash already!

i need some help, im intending to place the little one in some classes, playgroup... any recommendations? I dont need full day program, got care during the day whilst I'm at work.

Interested put ur name!!

4. sponge
5. Ayukie
6. cljl
7. funne
8. peicatz
9. kanelmo
10. Ashley (volunteer)
11. dingdong
12. Casss

Interested put ur name!!

4. sponge
5. Ayukie
6. cljl
7. funne
8. peicatz
9. kanelmo
10. Ashley (volunteer)
11. dingdong
12. Casss
13. Agata
14. Kimifin

Funne,

I place mine at cc. They only feed her one time milk feed leh. .. I find it very little wor. ..

Do u know the hours interval for each meal yr cc is providing? Mine only give general answer does not really go into details when ask for schedule. .. haiz. .. wonder if all cc gives the same schedule. ...

Rae2,
U can ask for the typical time table for the days of the week.
The principal even showed me the menu for each day before I enrol. Western food on fri! But duno if they follow..
I knw sch holidays when some teachers took leave, they dun follow the class schedule.

Help! My girl has been unwell with cough and yo-yo fever ( temp range from 37.5 to 40 in a day!) for a week already. As this is the first time she has been this ill, I have no idea how to manage her refusal to take medicine. My poor baby has quite a lot of medicine to take and I am giving the liquid meds using a syringe. She would struggle and kick and shut her mouth tightly or clench her teeth or spit out the medicine...any thing that she can do to push the medicine out of the mouth. Any advice on how feeding her medicine can be less traumatic for her and me? We need at least two ppl to pin her down and force feed the medicine and it's a bigger challenge when I am alone with her and have to feed her the medicine.

Help mummies, help!!!

Poor Amanda! The last time when Chloe was very ill and needed to be on antibiotics, we had to force the medicine down as well. But I find the easiest way is still to have them take the medicine willingly.

After a few episodes of forcing, kicking, spitting, we learnt to use the distraction method. We happen to realize that when there are other people ard, e.g. grandparents, uncle, auntie, to encourage her, applause her, she will willingly take the medicine. Or when she is distracted by toys. Encouragement helps a lot. Otherwise can try using bribes as well. Tell her u will give her her favorite toy after the medicine or go walk walk, playground after that. Chloe tends to buy in to one of the above. If all fails, the battle begins.

I think you gotta try all means to see which methods work for Amanda. But I'm sure she's feeling miserable with all the medicine. Jia you, Mummy!!

Ashley,

You're not alone. What you have described is exactly what happened when Lil DK doesn't like a particular medication. For some medication which is flavoured, e.g. panadol and zyrtec, he is OK with that.

We also gives him a treat after the medication so he would quickly finish the medication in anticipation for that biscuit!

Ashley, the first my girl is on antibiotic it took us alot of effort to force the med down ON her TOO. We have to hold her. I think it is just a matter of acquiring the taste too. But we always give her a piece of sweet just for her discomfort. She will alway look forward to that sweet like her prize. She will ask for it if you forget to give after the med. She will point to the place where we keep the sweet. Heehee. So although we still have to force her, the 2nd time, her reaction is not that great anymore. Since you have held back the sweet so far, it may be an effective bait and reward.

Ashley,
U tried to sponge her n put cooling pad?
My son got this fever 2 wks bk, I tot is teething, but thk it's jus his body fighting resistance.
U feed her on a spoon or syringe?
I use syringe n slowly push in by side of his mouth, let him play with another syringe too.
I start with the sweeter med first, u can ask pd to give less bitter ones.
If not let her play with food like bread, so she will open her mouth.

leeling, when my gal at infant care, teacher will write in the booklet.
she took milk and cereal around 8am, porridge around 11am, milk around 2pm and porridge again around 5pm.
now she's at PG, i haven't asked teacher her new schedule. but i prepared 2 bottles of ebm everyday.
will chk with teacher next wk during the parents-teachers-session.

Kimifin

The teacher don't give n she just generally say what they give. .. maybe will get fr her next time. ..

Funne

Ya during infant care they record, but now once they proMoted to next stage. They don't record liao. .. don't know wat they do n eat.. don't know if they poo. ..

Interested put ur name!!

4. sponge
5. Ayukie
6. cljl
7. funne
8. peicatz
9. kanelmo
10. Ashley (volunteer)
11. dingdong
12. Casss
13. Agata
14. Kimifin
15. swanston

Hihi!

Just want to ask around. What kind of toys/activities do your little ones play nowadays?

Lil DK likes reading, playing his little piano, playing with magnetic numbers/alphabets, his toy vehicles. Sometimes, he likes to play with duplo. Recently, he likes stuffed toys. He likes to draw too but mainly scribbling.

What about your little ones? I just want to find some new inspiration.

so heng. happen to pop in and see the upcoming bash. am i welcome to join??
thanks mm6j for organising.

Interested put ur name!!

4. sponge
5. Ayukie
6. cljl
7. funne
8. peicatz
9. kanelmo
10. Ashley (volunteer)
11. dingdong
12. Casss
13. Agata
14. Kimifin
15. swanston
16. mbj

leeling, my gal eat a lot at childcare..
7am+: either biscuit or bread from home
8am+: breakfast from cc
11am+: lunch (either rice or noodles)
12pm+: ebm before nap
3pm+: tea break
5pm+: porridge if have leftover from infant care or bread.

i cut down the ebm to once a day at cc.
but teacher asked me to bring another bottle for her to drink around 5pm.

Interested put ur name!!

4. sponge
5. Ayukie
6. cljl
7. funne
8. peicatz
9. kanelmo
10. Ashley (volunteer)
11. dingdong
12. Casss
13. Agata
14. Kimifin
15. swanston
16. mbj
17. Mitsy

Interested put ur name!!

4. sponge
5. Ayukie
6. cljl
7. funne
8. peicatz
9. kanelmo
10. Ashley (volunteer)
11. dingdong
12. Casss
13. Agata
14. Kimifin
15. swanston
16. mbj
17. Mitsy
18. carolorac

Kanelmo, my girl likes to use the pen and scribble on everything except the paper! She likes balls, cooking set and toys that are interactive or at least will make sound or movement when she plays with them.

Rue, i think i mentioned before that i trained my boy when he is around 2yrs old. When he understand more of what i am trying to tell him. I remember he told me his wee-wee area is painful. So i told him i am not going to wear pampers for him. He needs to tell me when he wants to pee. Of course I don't wait, by the time he tells me he had already pee. So I bring him to toilet every 45minutes. Need to set timer. Just 2 days he is able to tell me accurately. Of course there are 1 or 2 accidents the first 2 months. In those accidents he felt very bad, so remember don't scold, they don't do it purposely. I just tell him its ok, just tell me earlier next time. He still wear the pampers at night though. However it just one pee. So my hb and i decided to bring him to the toilet at 2am daily. Its tiring, but we don't have to buy pampers anymore. I guess it is easier to train them once they understand instruction. My girl will tell us AFTER she poo. Goes to show she is not ready yet. I guess I will only start training 2 months later.

Any tods have taken flu jabs. 3 weeks back my girl is down with flu. Lingers for 3 weeks. Still have last bit of the running nose. Yesterday bring her to class after absent for 2 weeks. Realise that 90% of the kids are sick too. Either coughing or runny nose. Scary....

I also realise that nowadays flu seems to clear up slower. Thinking of flu jab so that they don't catch the bug. Else seems to be missing classes now and then.

morning mommies!
May I know what activites u keep your kids occupied now?
I brought out "old toys" like the fisher price stacking rings and he could play for some time, of course we play the rings rolling ard for him to catch.
I already gave him paint and pens to draw on papers.
Intend to buy the magnetic doodle board, but fear he would put the point pen to his mouth or eye.
When he was drawing, we had to watch him very closely.

Also gave stickers, but he wanted to put them in his mouth every time! he knew it was wrong...how??

Kimfin, i normally let her play by herself, she had a few baskets of toys on her play corner in the living while my hubby and i had our lunch. Then when im free, i will read books with her. She will sometimes be impatient to go through each and every page and want to rush to her favourite pages/books, i will just follow that pace.

When she is bored, i will bring her to my room to play with different things. Mostly self-made, like 10 used battery in a box or a few empty containers, different shapes (actually were my finished skinare product) in a nice cosmatic bag. she will take the thing out one by one and i will count "1, 2, 3..." (sometime in mandarin/english or hokkien) and she will like to stack them up..sometimes she will roll with me on my bed and we will sing songs togther with some hand actions. She will start to giggle if i exaggerated the actions and toss the pillow in the air!

Mmm..sometimes weekend i will bring her out in the corrider or downstair to play her bubble gun...she will be very busy chasing all the bubbles, this can keep her occupied for quite a while (45min) as is one of her favourite activity..she had a little potted plant that i bought for her placed outside our door, she will water the plant every morning and enjoy looking at it. (although she always drown the little plant
happy.gif
)

If rainy day, we will stay at home, i will let her watch her favourite videos (mostly educational one - elmo, baby i can read or other cds that have songs and dancing). Limited to the most one hour. After that, she can choose her favourite snack (mostly baby biscuits) to keep her occupied...etc..

haiz.. my gal fever again..
she seems getting fever every 2-3 weeks time.
had used up all my child sick and child care leave.
xian ar!!

funne, your gal is the fever type. While my children are the running nose type. Fever is better then running nose. As fever is just like 3 days will clear up. While running nose can be up to 3 weeks. Very sian too, use up my childcare and annual leave too. So i am thinking about flu vaccine. Easy way out, but really don't know the consequences in long term run.

kimifin, putting things in the mouth is a growing up stage. You just need to keep repeating that cannot put things into the mouth. They will grow out of that subsequently. Sometimes, i don't even bother, i find that the more we stop them, the more they will do it deliberately. If we don't stop them, subsequently they will kick the habit. I find my girl is like that, i don't try to stop her. Then subsequently she don't put things into her mouth. But then whenever i saw her putting things into her mouth, i will give her something to eat, be it melts, puff or even fruits. Don't know if that is the reason why she kick the habit. As she finally understood what can eat and what cannot.

While my boy i stop him alot, then all the more he does it.

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I last posted... Been busy wif my 2nd one..

My gal has been refusing milk for 3 days! Not sure is becoz I gave her my bm(mixed wif her milk powder) that she doesn't like e taste anot... Nw I dun gif her my bm, Bt her powder, she also refuse.. Haiz.. Anyway to encourage her to drink milk again?

Clarin, I jus got the doodle set. Hope will keep him occupied.
Bidosoh, he purposely took paper scraps, threads n put into his mouth till we discover..

Ehmm, next Monday he will b having ceb in cc, I wished parents r invited to c the fun! Got games, prizes to win, n local delicacies! Had to find red n white clothes for him to wear!

Cljl,
How old is your #2?
mine is 5 wks old, I miss the bonding time with #1 though, so now hope can handle both at the same time. With elder one in cc, I really dun spend much time with him. That's y if he can play on his own while I care for bb in his presence, then I won't feel so left out in his life!

Kimifin,

#2 only 2 wks old... Been latching almost the whole day Coz she milk monster... #1 only wil go sch nxt yr... Been fully occupied with #2... so sometimes I wil ask her to sayang mei mei, carry her so that she wun feel left out... N play wif her when #2 is slping n there goes my precious slp...

I have a ques to ask experience mums who direct latch... Hw long do you latch ur child? Mine at 3 wks Nw, she can latch up to 1 hr... N Nw my nipples very sore n pain... Is it normal? Frm the side, I can see lotsa milk...

Back