(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

<font color="119911">cljl</font>, noted. i saw online. where u bot from? online?

<font color="119911">ardenz</font>, my girl took the jab already. nurse at polyclinic told me after 1 yr old only need 1 jab.

<font color="119911">bearycue</font>, i can understand. i will be jealous too! looks like mai is a common word kids pick up quite well and quickly. u say mai often in front of ur girl?

<font color="119911">velo</font>, p jab change rule liao ar. hmm. i better check with the polyclinic in the next assessment visit.

<font color="119911">pei pei</font>, now tat u mention, both my hb and i seldom talk much. maybe she take on our character. but we talk to her a lot. oh well.

<font color="119911">raerae</font>, wah, u read to her everyday ar. i spend most of my time running after my girl and trying to get her to sit still for at least 1 min which to date still fail! :s

<font color="119911">yanyan</font>, my girl loves to have the tv switched on at my mum's place regardless if she is watching it or not. she just wants to listen. but at home she will switch the tv off herself and go play.

My baby (can I still call him that? :)) babbles Dada occasionally. But surprisingly, he says some words like Umbrella and Apple. Strange. He communicates by pointing and 'eh!' and crying (of course).

I try not to let my boy watch too much TV. I read that when a baby watches TV, his mind is passive, unlike when we interact with him or when he plays by himself, he's using his mind. That I strongly believe.
Besides, most programs nowadays also encourage you to buy their products.

swanston, nope.. got it from someone... I find it quite gd... coz it keep repeating the words and action...

talking, my gal can say quite a few wrds... languages, she is expose to english, mandarin, teochew and hokkien... hahaha.. so i hope she can speak all these well when she grow up...

she now can say Mamee and Dadee.. but she always call mi dadee till i say im not... faint...

tv, my gal love commercials too... now she like the cold storage one with the cow.. and she will sway side to side.. hahaha...

Hi all, my DD refused to sit on the potty, so how to toilet train her? I changed 3 different types of potty liao, but she still don't like it, I really headache about this.

She can walk and run steadily, eat 1 porridge + 1 rice + 780 milk daily, but she only 9.3kg now, very thin.

She can talk quite a lot of words like papa/daddy/mama/mimi/popo/byebye/minnie/egg/moomoo/bee and etc.

my gal also refuse to sit on potty..But when she poo and in a good mood..she will tell my mum and allow my mum to carry her to sit on potty..

But when i am the one looking after her..she will kp shaking her head...haiz..

My gal grinds her teeth at at night. What can i do??

What do u think of putting kids in childcare with infant care facilities? i heard that if infant care needs help, will trf teachers from childcare, how true??

under tremedous stress, a lot of things changes at hm. But i must be brave. everything will be over soon

Rue: my gal used to grind her teeth.. I ask GP &amp; pd b4.. They say is juz a phase.. They are juz curious they hv teeth.. Now my gal dun really grind le.. Juz like wat thwy say.. Juz a phase..
Not sure wat happen to u but plz stay strong!!

Bearycue: i bought ins for my gal.. Cover critical illness &amp; also endowment.. Can withdraw $ for her studies when she turn 18..

Haiz..juz realised my gal got fever.. Cld b due to teething.. Hopefully nothing serious..

yanyan - hope yr gal gets well soon! BTW, U can see the cruise pic. Sorry i forgot to direct U to which album, its under the I am 10 months + album.

My boy got biten by dont know wat and he got a big red swollen dot on his face, hands, feet! Dont look like mositique bite.

Bearycue: I also bought similar insurance as yanyan. Hospitalisation insurance and saving insurnance. I feel Hospital insurance most important as kids get sick so easily these day with so many virus + medical bill so exp. But Do some search first lah cos so many to choose from

peipei, glad to see you here again. Yah, coming to think of it vaccines already so lethal, can't imagine how destructive the actual virus can be! I am still delaying my gal's MMR. I am too tied up with work. Cannot bring her now. Probably got to wait til next month.

rue, just 2 weeks back my gal sudently found that it is so fun to grind her teeth. She does that at night too. She did a few days and stopped. Hope that your problem is resolved. Everything must "kan kai dian" lor! Take care.

Bearycue, i bought hospitalisation insurance and saving insurance for my children.

Yanyan, hope your gal recover soon.

Gd morning gals, tgif...yeah!!!!
happy.gif

yanyan, velo, bidosoh, thanks for sharing.
The hospital insurance and saving insurance for my girl seem like essentials, like u gals mentioned there are so many different offers from different insurance companies, can be a headache to choose lor, any recommendations?

Mmm...my girl has been cranky on &amp; off for 2 week liao...my mum said might be due to teething, she now got 14 teeth (6 on top, 8 below) so wonder when will the crankiness stop??? after all the teeth come out???

Bearycue, it is very very important to get hospitalisation insurance and better to get A class.. Coz when my gal was 7 mths, she got bronchitis which is very serious till fever prolong and was admitted to hospital and her policy took effect on the day she was admitted. So insurance came back n say its existing illness and can't claim but we are still appealing as she was admitted due to high fever and need to be put on drip due to dehydration... e claim was since last July till now and still not settled... haiz...

Thanks for ur concern! Her fever still up down.. Btw.. Went to brg her to see doc.. Doc ask y i delay her mmr.. I am abit.. So i say she sick so When she recover then brg her to mmr.. Aiyoo..

Velo.. Thks! Was abt to pm u!

Cljl, hope u can get ur claims successful! I didnt buy hosp ins for my gal wor.. Hmm.. Mayb go ask my agent to put in as rider..

my lil JH finally stopped breastfeeding, he bites me every time I tried to offer him. So end up no supply and no latching liao... feel sad to stop in this way, but still better than forcing him to stop....

not only stop bf, he is really not keen on milk, since after stopped bf, we tried to bottle feed him with fm, but he only took about 1 to 2 oz, the best is 3 oz, omg! just like a small baby... I think he really dun like milk... I tried fresh milk and he split out. I tried soy milk he also dun like. fortunately he likes cheese, sometimes he can took about 1 to 2 slices. But I still prefer him to drink milk.... seeing him so small size, worry ler...

any of u having baby that dun keen on milk?

Hi Lemon Tee,
recently my gal oso refuses her milk intake...so far morning feed is abt 100ml and nite feed b4 she zzz is another 100ml, so wat i do is to mix her breakfast cereal with abt 60ml of fm instead of warm water and i mix her teatime brownrice cereal with another 60ml of fm, maybe u can try to add fm into his cereal too :p

My gal also dun drink alot of milk now.. Now only drink 3 bottles a day..each abt 120ml.. Sometimes out of 3 bottles, 1 bottle she only drink 60ml..

morning ladies

Been awhile since I last log in...dropping by to say hi to all of you
happy.gif
not bad, the thread is still very much alive!

Hi all,

me too, seems our darlings have more or less settled down.

oh, my bb first day of school at cc is next week!
I am more anxious than him.
been bringing him to the plc to test out his reaction.
so far, he likes to explore around without much supervision, but my worry is on separation anxiety. cos i only bring him there for 20-30mins in the evening and go home after dat.

Hi mummies!

Did anyone read about this? http://health.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A1Story20110307-266880.html My girl is pending one more P jab and it's scheduled in May. Hopefully we don't have to worry too much in Singapore.

Re: Teeth
My girl is coming to 17 months but she is still stuck with 6 teeth (4 on top, 2 below). And there are no signs of more teeth erupting
sad.gif

Re: Speech
My girl is slow in talking too. She babbles a lot and only says "mum mum" (when she wants to eat), "heese" (cheese), and when she says "no more", it sounds more like "mo more". My hubby and I wonder is it because we speak too many different languages around her that's why she is confused and cannot grasp the words to communicate what she needs / wants. She points a lot to get her point across.

Re: Childcare centre
I'm still trying to find a CCC that can take in my girl :p. Have decided to go for full day instead of half day in order to stand a higher chance of securing a place in a CCC near my parents' place.

e doesnt really speaks but he babbles and he understands what we want him to do (but if he does is another issue) but he seems to speak more when he sick tho .. haiz .. i gt a werid boy ...
e had his p-jab in dec and he had his mmr last mth ... nxt mth gg for his booster and then its chix pox vaccine up next ..
he only had 1 p jab (as told by polyclinic *will check nxt time* ... so far ok bah ..

Ashley, my girl also stuck with 6 teeth... but i think the bottom 2 teeth are coming out soon.. saw the whitey part already..

as for speech, my girl said mo more too! ahaha... I guess it not due to too many different languages... they will speak when they are ready....

Ashley,
Yes read that pc of news. Dun worry about the teeth, i find girls teeth growth is slower as compare between my girl and my boy. Yesterday i was reading thru my diary on my girl milestones and realise she started really saying "ball", "meimei" (pretty).... and others at ard 21 mths old. And now she's a chatterbox with lots of why why why questions. So not to worry. My boy also babbling a lot and doesn't really pronounce any words yet. As long as you speak proper english and mandarin to her she won't be confused. I remember a pd saying that now they are able to grasp different language so is good to expose them to various languages.

Re: Toddler chewing?
My boy seems to only mash his food with his tongue and will make noise when he eat something hard or bigger pcs of food.

Hi all, been a long long time since i last post... had been quite busy with work and my daughter (16 month). im so happy that im free now (work project transition) and can share with all on my girl's developement...

My girl is struck with 4 teeth on top and 4 teeth below, since her 12th month. Recently my mum told me that she saw the pearly white in her innermost left gum, maybe the big tooth is erupting.

she likes to baby talk, can only say a few words like mama, dada, bo (ball), cocoda (crocodile). recently she love to see "London choco roll" advertiment, if she want me to sing that song for her, she will keep saying " cho-co-roll" "cho-co-roll"...

i intend to let her body/immense system become stronger, before sending her to playgroup. Think around 20month. She just recover from her running nose and cough.

Re: Milk intake
she do not like porridge and is rejecting spoon (which is my biggest concern now), she like bread, biscuits, snack and apple. So i will crack my brain to made mince meat w potato and wrap it in the bread for her. She drink at least 5 times milk a day, 160ml each time.

Lemontree, i got to "salute" you, well done for bf-ing for sooo long, you are a great mummy!! what is the weigh of lil JH? He's still having his puree? Mine is the opposite, prefer milk than any other food....

bearycue, i did the same thing as you, my girl is rejecting spoon so i add her cereal/brown rice into her milk to bottle feed her.

Re:p-jab

my son took synflorix, 2 dose + 1 booster last yr. Hopefully the medical authority can do something to respond quick.

He just had his MMRV dose 1.

Topic: refusal to walk (if not motivated)
My son recently knows that some walk paths are on the way home, so he wan us to carry him instead of walking.
He just drop his knees to the ground and pull me down cos I am holding his hand.

So far, I cant motivate him to walk home. if to the playgrd, no issue.

If not, i let go of his hand and ask him to chase daddy....

how?

Kimifin,
my girl sometimes will want me to carry her, but i will still walk beside her and play with her, i will clap while i say "walk" "walk" "walk" and i will sometimes hop in front of her so that she will chase after me..keke, just to let her feel interesting when walking...

Yoz all mummies,

How is everybody of late? been quite busy so I only come in and become a silent reader most of the time. So today is one the rare occassions where I can share an update on my little M's development:

4 on top and 4 on the bottom. I also notice that he is developing 2 molars on the left side both top and bottom..tink that's the reason why he always has his fingers in his mouth whenever he is watching TV standing in his playpen.

He can now say papa ( his most frequent and favourite word ) As for me whenever I come home from work and ask him to call mummy, he prefers to call me mama.He also calls my mum mama but with a different tone so it sounded right like he is calling his grandma. Other basic words : gor gor, che che, dog ( which he pronouces dock ) cat = tat, apple=aahpple, eat=eat/mum mum and he can also say it in Teochew "jiak" Milk=nang nang. he can also say ONe, ten and twelve for some strange reasons these 3 are his favourite.

sad to say we have not started her on any playgroups or childcare centres as hubby keeps telling me that better to keep him at home till he is about 2. So most of his interaction is with us at home and not much with babies his peers.

Walking
at 15 months plus, he still has not mastered the skill of walking on his own. I tink he has no confidence
sad.gif

So whenever we ask him to stand and walk, he would go down on his knees and crawl and then say "walk, walk". faintz..

Re:Foood intake
He eats almost anything. We give him 2 solid meals per day: porridge with fish and vege ( asparagus/spinach/carrots which we will alternative on the 5 days ) for lunch and dinner will depend how creative my mum is. As we do not eat pork and beef, so are quite limited to chicken and fish only. sometimes mum will make potatoe and sweet potatoe steamed and mashed with a bit of butter, mee suah with fish, ABC pasta in tomatoe sauce, rice with steamed fish and vege.
In between he will still get his milk ( 3x a day )at 10am/5pm and 10pm each time 210ml

hi mummies, am new to this thread but my second child is a november 2009 baby so currently 15 months old hence i thought of joining this thread to share upbringing experiences my oldest daughter is going to be 4yo this july.

EASTgal, good that your son is drinking well! 210ml per feed isa good amount X3 feeds a day, wow. I wished my son can also consume this amt. he has been very eccentric abt his milk intake daily. i try to ensure he consumes at least 20oz a day (ie.600ml) and gets 3 meals (bkfst, lunch and dinner). however, i am hoping that the 20oz milk can be consumed in 3 feeds too, right now, he drink milk 4 times a day cos alot of times, he cannot finish 210ml straight. but this is disruptive to me cos it means we have to feed him a little more frequently
sad.gif

i am hoping to start adjusting him to that by the time he goes to CC at around 20-24 months, he is able to adapt to their feeding schedules with no issues.

for breakfast, do u only feed him milk? i noticed you don't feed breakfast? only lunch and dinner?

Hi Mummies,

Seems like our babies has grown up quite abit!

Was stagnant at 8 teeth till 16th mths and suddenly now 8 sprout out all at once. She's driving me and my mum mad with her bitting. Funny thing is she dun bite daddy, maybe he's too smelly. LOL

She can say "Marmee", Dadddyyy", "MahMah", and "Gonggong" pretty well. Other words will be meimei, korkor, jiejie, meimei(pretty), Kitty(hello kitty), Minnie(minnie mouse), Winnie(Pooh bear), Eyore, pig, nehneh, milk, balloon, dog, bee, sock, shoe, gaigai(her fave), this &amp; that (makes us buy things for her). But her pampers=bummbuuu and apple=baaabuuu. I tink she has a serious prob with letter 'A' and ple ... Hiakz ...

Re: CC
Gonna send her to MC in May when she is above 18 mths. Dunno how she will cope ... abit worried coz she is very sticky to me.

Re: Walking
She dun juz walk, she RUNS! And she dun like us to hold her, she likes to explore on her own, but when she gets cranky, she make use carry her and she would expect us to change frm daddy to mummy and mummy to daddy every 3 mins. Faintz ...

Re: Food
She eats adult food with us, but getting more and more picky, she luv carrots and corn coz sweet sweet and no longer willing to eat brocolli, duno y, she luvs this when she was young. Meat she only eat spring onion and ginger pork that I cook, refused to take any other kind. Fish she dun like unless its golden guroupa and take only japanese crab meat. Want my life ... know how to choose expensive food =S Her milk intake maybe ard 400 - 500 ml per day nia ... vv little. So her weight gain has not been good from young. But that helps me save alot on clothes =P

Hi Mummies,

My gal also say 8 teeth..4 on top..4 below..Suspect growing molars coz she kp sticking her fingers in her mouth to bite..and now kp asking for tutu to sulk.

Seems like most of your kids can say 2 syallabus! My gal like only can pronounce 1..she can call mama (her fave..call me &amp; my mum that)..dad..In good mood then Popo..Hot..Cold..mum mum (when want food)..Bear..Cat..

If we ask her where is apple..she can point to us in the book..but juz refuse to say lo..haiz..

Re: CC
Wat CC are u sending ur kids to? I am also looking &amp; searching for one..Meanwhile already went to ask about Carpe Diem @ hougang..

Re: Walking
Momoko..My gal same as ur gal! RUNs..instead of walk..And she dun want us to carry! And now..she juz refuse to sit in pram. Last wkend brought her to the zoo..carry like mad...

Re: Food
my gal prefer adult food than her own food..she also dun like brocolli..but others ok..and realised she like her porridge to be tasty..as in will have to put marmite or soy sauce.. Her milk intake pretty low..abt 400ml per day ba.. She snacks alot thought...finish porridge can ask for biscuits...faintz..

Hi Eunice,

Welcome to the club!
Yes breakfast, he get his milk 210 ml after which we will give him some bread ( his favourite ) and some fruit puree. Currently for all food jars and his fruit snacks i try to get those organic ones to start him young.
Not sure about how drastic the benefits will be in the long term but better to start early.
In between his 2 solid meals, he will sometimes eat what my mum or I eat like rice or biscuits/fruits etc. he is quite a eater.

I managed to find a CC that still have a few vacancies for my girl! It's Agape Little Uni, just next to my block. Went to take a look this afternoon, during their nap time. It seems pretty ok though I dislike the fact that they will let the kids watch TV.

They are teaching Letterland while my girl is having zoophonics in her weekly enrichment class. How ah, will my girl be confused if she starts CC with Agape?

Hi,

I also checking with Agape Little Uni..But they havent reply me..Will prob go and take a look too.

Will you continue the weekly enrichment class when your gal starts the CC?

Ashley, glad tt u finally found one ^^ MC teach phonics instead of zoophonics too. I oso worried she confused.

Yanyan, I stopping the weekly lessons once she start class in May coz MC had enrichment included already. Dun wanna overload the poor girl.

Ashley, my son also learn zoophonics (weekend playgroup) and letterland (his kindergarten pre-nursary class). He is not confused between the 2. In fact, when he reached 4 years he can read pretty well.

yanyan1211, which Agape Little Uni are you looking at? I will continue with the weekly enrichment class for my girl unless she shows signs that she is overloaded. it's just one class so I think it's not too bad.

Bidosoh, thanks for sharing! I hope my girl will be like your son too!

Anyone went for the Taka Baby Fair? Any good buys to look out for?

Hi, i'm looking at agape little uni @ sengkang eastway.. Wat abt u? Have u gone to the premises to take a look? I saw some review not very good.. So still considering..

Hi mummies,

My Little D's Development seem to be very slow.

Infront 4 on top and 4 on the bottom. His molars are coming out on both left and right side one on each side.

He only can say 'papa' , 'Mama', 'uhm ma', 'mum mum', 'mao' and baby lauaguage which none of us understand... hahhaha

we are going to look for any playgroups or childcare centres near bukit batok. Any good ones to recommend?

Walking
Being 15++ mths, he can walk with support and when we hold his hands. When we let go our hands, he will go down to crawl instead.

Re:Foood intake
He always want to eat. almost anything. We give him 1 solid meal per day: porridge with fish , meat and vege (spinach/Broccoli). sometime we will replace 1 milk feed to rice cereal. He take his milk every 3hrs - 5 x 7-8oz. He take fruits almost everyday as he tend to constipate.

Momoko: I juz received an email from Mindchamp..they are turning 3 so having some promo..waiving of registration fee &amp; 10% discount on sch fees for 3 mths..

Back