(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Adelynn - I know what I'm gg give my boy Le but so far he's still on tbf lor cept for the snacks and ceral meals .. I'm gg thinking when I bring my boy nxt yr he'll be on ceral and fm lor won't be cookin porriadge for him hopefully he starts on solids Le then can eat wad I eat also hehe .. At least he's no longer a Bo gey so happieee

I also brought some of the pre-cooked individual porridge for my bb during the korea trip..coz my bb is eating porridge twice a day now..i brought pigeon porridge..very convenient..juz throw the pack to a bowl of hot water then after heat and juz open and feed immediately..BUT my gal dun really like..i tasted it..abit salty lo..

So for the hk trip..same..I will cook porridge once a day for her..so for her dinner..I still have 2 boxes of pigeon porridge..I will prob bring 1 box for 1 of the dinner..bring some brown rice ceral (the pigeon porridge serving quite small..my gal 1 box not enuff) and also will bring some organic fruit/vege puree which i got from Punggol Ang Mo Supermarket (hong mao). This I can only find it here lo..cant find it ntuc, cold storage etc..I forgot the brand liao..if u all want to know..then i go home and check the brand...

I have let my gal tried this organic fruit / vege puree (contain sweet corn, pumpkin etc)..Not bad..quite filling.. So i will bring this also..

So guess for the 5 days trip..her dinner will be 1 day Pigeon porridge + ceral..1 or 2 days of the organic puree..then rest either cerals or our dinner lo..My gal quite greedy..she rice / noodles also can eat..so i guess should be ok bah..

O btw..the pigeon porridge..Serving small and quite exp.. $8.50 each..and contain 1 soup and 1 porridge..

ayukie: any brands of FM to recommend? lol, true once they eat 'normal' food it's much easier to bring overseas
happy.gif
haha, when they start biting the fun comes. my girl only specifically bites her daddy n grandfather (think easier to bully thats why)

Adelynn - I'm gg give similac/gain iq .. Oh my boy have no preferences to bitting I think he bit me, my hb and his granddad so far .. We are his new "teethers" he loves to bit our kneecaps duno y ..

Ayukie, actually im thinking, can we actually boil distilled water? but then no matter what, still need to bring slow cooker to cook porridge rite? unless dun eat porridge for the whole trip...

yanyan, yeah.. think i got the bassinet seats liao.. she is damn super active, duno if she will jump or refuse to sit down during take-off...
prob is.. she dun like to drink water.. haiz..

whow.. pigeon also sell porridge? now she takes porridge twice a day. not sure if she wans to eat instant one anot leh.. and then, now lunch, she eat half her usual amt.. duno isit she sick n tired or porridge anot.. hahaha...

Adelynn, not sure if she wans to eat anot.. she is quite a fussy pot in terms of food lo.. she hates cereal... might need to intro her new stuffs... bt there is limit to the amt of water to bring up plane rite?

if after check-in while waiting to board the plane, i pump, is it ok?

cljl: the airlines usually are pretty lenient when it comes to EBM for babies on flights. Just try to make sure you do not pack more than 200ML of milk / bottle.

no problem to pump after check in - the nursing rooms have electric plugs for you.

yar their porridge taste not bad ( i tested 1 pack on my girl just to make sure she's okay with the taste before this TWN trip)

Ayukie: haha, we have all become their teethers, seems to be its their way of showing affection?

Cljl - y cAn't boil distilled water? Distilled water shd b fine .. Note not mineral water tho ..

Adelynn - erm i'm nt sure of the showing affections part but the painful and tickish part that I'm sure .. Haha

Adelynn, oh.. thanks thanks... then i can pump after check-in and seperate to 2 bottles... hehe..

maybe shld go n buy and try.. bby fair sells rite? coz now she dun quite like heiz fruits leh... quite mafan to cook porridge there too...

Ayukie, okok.. noted...

Oh..tat is also pureed bb food.. Got brocolli, peas, apple, etc..quite a few flavours..even got bb yogurt..

And very convenient..juz squeeze onto a spoon & feed..

yanyan: where to get rafferty food? want a variety for her trip so she wun get bored
happy.gif

ayukie: sure pain, that day she left a mark on her daddy's arm

mm6j: i dont mind helping out if i can n know how to
happy.gif

Adelynn: Thanks for your advice on self-feeding. I tried letting him pick up Happy Baby Puffs but he doesn't put them in this mouth even when I demonstrated. Scratch head...

kanelmo: how about something that he really really loves eating? for my girl its her puffs that worked the magic. alternatively you can help him buy putting it between his fingers lk how he wld pick it up himself and guide his hand towards the mouth and help him let go after putting it in?

yanyan: okay, i think i know what they are already. they are with a straw in a pack kind. need to pre-heat?

Hi ladies,
FYI, the formula milk tin that we have been discarding all along CAN BE RECYCLED!! My NEA friend told me about it. Let's do our part for the future human race!

adelynn..no leh..got straw? I bought those with no straw lei..are u referring to those packet fruit drinks for bb? Do they have it in sg? My friend bought for my bb when she went japan..

Rue..Where can we recyle? I recycle those tins when I stayed with my mum coz there is a team who comeby my mum's place every 2 weeks to collect these items..but after I move to my place..I dun know where i can recycle le..

Adelynn and other moms,

My DS has just started growing his first tooth. We have tried giving him those baby puffs to try but we're not sure whether it was alright for him since the puffs are kind of hard and he has only been taking cereal and porride and puree (soft food).
We broke the puffs into smaller pieces for him to chew but we're not sure whether it is alright for him to not chew and just swallow the small pieces.

Any advice?!? Do your babies eat the puffs only when they have teeth? How do you know whether it is alright for them to eat puffs when they're toothless?

yanyan: i found them in the 4 seasons organic shop. Think it may not be what you are referring to. Trying to make sure i give her a variety of meals that she'll enjoy even though we are on holiday

kanelmo: there are some puffs that would melt in the mouth, that doesn't require teeth. Try the puffs yourself. I know one brand is the Happy Baby Puffs - those melts in the baby's mouth so it should be safe. I fed my girl puffs broken into 2 pieces when she first started, not because she didnt have teeth but rather i was afraid she'll choke as its new and she may not know how to 'eat' them. after a few attempts and she was okay, i just fed her 1 piece of puff at a time.

I think the harder biscuits, like the Pigeon biscuits for 9 months & above - those require babies to have teeth. They are not so meltable and encourage them to learn chewing or some basic concept of chewing. My girl started on these kinda biscuits a few days ago and so far she knows how to bite into them to break into smaller manageable pieces for herself.

Adelynn,

Yeah, we let him try the Happy Baby puffs today. We were cautious and he was ok with it. Phew! I bought some melts for him. When is it OK for him to have the melts?

Thanks for your patience in answering my questions.

yanyan: another place to find organic baby stuff in individual packaging is SuperNature. I frequent there for my girl's fresh vegetables - they tend to carry a wider range and bring in fresh every Wed from AU.

Kanelmo: You mean the yoghurt melts? i started at the same time as the melts, it also melts in the mouth, so i guess should be okay
happy.gif

i wonder if there's another way of cooking porridge overseas without rice cooker, any ideas? u think if put hot water and rice inside a thermal flask, it wld be hot enough to cook the rice to porridge? hmms, trying to be creative here, hehe

Adelynn..where can i find supernature?
If u brought a travel kettle..u can use it to cook porridge & it cook very fast..ard half hr cooked liao..i cook my gal porridge this way when i went korea..but my gal sun like..coz i guess dun hv the porridge taste..coZ usu at home the porridge is slow cook at home..so this round when i go hk..i will brg the slow cooker & let it cook overnite..

yanyan: supernature is an organic shop located at Park House @ Orchard Boulevard (Along the road further down from 4 seasons hotel)

They have 2 sections, one is for baby dried foods, lotions, house cleaning stuff and make up. The other section is for fresh foods, meats, and dried food stuff like cereal.

Hi mummies, my gal is having flu, cough and mild fever(on and off), she cough till vomit especially when she is crying (she cry super hard when we try to feed her medicine). And from yesterday everning onwards she got diarrhea not sure is due to teething or her flu. Any mummies can advise how to stop her diarrhea(very watery type)? Should I bring her to see PD ? Already bring her on Sat for her flu.

hi ladies!

i have noted some of u ladies wanting to help out in the first birthday bash, think almost all are on fb? i will send a fb msg to the committee soon
happy.gif
meantime, do brainstorm on ideas for activities, food, venue, goody bag sponsors, photographers and most importantly BUDGET!!!!!! wahhahah

karen, did the doctor prescribe antibiotics? it could be because the antibiotics is "too strong" either cut the dosage by 0.5ml or u can go back to the pd to take the "lactobacilus" (not sure if spelling correct) hope ur fal recovers soon
happy.gif

Karen,
My gal had diarrhea for few times and it seems med not much effect. For my gal, when change to soy milk, her diarrhea will get lesser n lesser. I normally will finish her soy milk (400g tin) then revert back to her usual FM.
Hope your ah gal will recover soon.

morning all,
anyone wanna join me for Sunday Gymboree trial at tanglin?
thk is 12 noon.

Just a question on bb diet, bb tend to reject if porridge is too bland.

he prefer to take food like heinze baked beans....
how to cook so that porridge is tasty without adding in the salt/sugar?

Good morning mummies,

Had a tiring weekend. My sis just adopted a beagle and I had to introduce my girl to the beagle when we stayed over during the weekends. Thankfully, the beagle is not too eager about her. haha...

Yanyan,
u can drop the tins in designated recycling bins around HDB.. i put them in recycling bag that will be taken away every 2 weeks.

yanyan, the beagle is short coat so will shed a bit. i still let larissa crawl on the floor but i have to make sure that i wipe her everytime she is done crawling.

Hi mummies,

I have extra stocks of Organix cereal to let go cheap:

Cereal from 4 months - 150g - $6.80
Banana porridge - exp Aug2011
Fruity Apple - exp Aug2011
4 grain cereal - exp Aug2011

Cereal from 7 months - 200g - $10
Banana & raisin oat - exp Jun2011
7 multi grain - Feb2011

Pls PM me if keen. Thanks!
P/S: Can check with me for other Organix stuff too.

hello all...been bz...how's everyone?

re: cooking porridge when overseas
there is this food jar by tiger tha u can cook porridge with...very good for bringing it overseas, it takes a few hrs to cook tho and u juz need rice + hot water...

cljl/adelynn, enjoy ur taiwan trip
happy.gif

mm6j, looking forward to the party tha u are planning
happy.gif

kanelmo, i will let my gal self feed by letting her hold the food/biscuit and slowly guide her to put into her mouth...i started with bigger biscuits like bb bites then progressed to gerber puffs...

ayukie, whats wrong with ethan's blocked tear duct? so fast u going GUG trial eh...never jio us! haha

karen, hope ur gal gets well soon...try feeding her soy milk for the time being, hopefully the LS goes away...or pd/doc will give lactefort so as to stop the LS...

raerae, no prob cuz jamie asked me abt it so i asked u on fb...

Sporty,

Yeah, I think I should start with bicgger biscuits. You mentioned bb bites. Any specific brand/product? I saw some Heinz baby biscuits but not sure whether they're too hard for him as he just has 1 tooth now. I'm looking for something that'd be long and bigger but melts, just like the puffs.

When I see the bb biscuits in the supermarket, I imagine that they are hard and dry and may not be suitable for my 1-tooth bb boy.

I welcome any suggestion and advice. Thanks!

kanelmo,
You can try pigeon biscuits, it also melt in ur mouth. I only recently introduce biscuits to my boy to self feed. At first he wanted to throw away the biscuit but after i guide him to his mouth then he started eating on his own and didn't want to stop. The biscuits will soften once saliva comes in contact with it. I gave him those long ones which comes in seaweed and fish and stated on the box for 6 months and above.

mm6j,
I also looking forward to the gathering. Will surely try to join this time.

kanelmo, the biscuits is called take one baby bites...u can buy from any supermarkets...i also feed my gal with the pigeon biscuits tha taurus mentioned, its similar shaped to the take one baby bites... juz slowly guide the bb to eat from bigger biscuits to smaller ones once their motor skills are better...

taurus, haven seen u ard...how's things?

sporty: thanks

anybody has any idea if the food jar that Angeline bought for us can do the same as tiger?

kanelmo: some biscuits that melt in the mouth that ive tried on my girl are happy baby, gerber puffs, pigeon biscuits (look like those wang wang man tou), baby bites and organix baby biscuits.

Back