(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Baby 1st yr old ceb-

I tot of holding in a hotel function room, but din knoe the cost is $50nett per adult, not much theme, only personalised cook food (similiar to buffet spread)

thk would just ask for a corner at the cafe to have hi tea or lunch buffet. This way, just need to pay the standard cost for buffet.

ANyone got ideas about holding in hotel?

shirlin - Dunno leh...I just feel super guilty if I don't breastfeed my girl. Is there such a thing as breast feeding depression? lol...

i also realized whenever i eat durian my ss wld increase the next day slightly. maybe durian helps?

paperger85: i also face e same dilemma as you, not sure if i shld slowly wean her off. facing dwindling supply is stressful especially now that i pump today for tomorrow's feed but i ask myself whether all this stress is worth it or not.

paperger,

initially i got withdrawal feelings when I decide to stop latching my bb.
but i thk is just a matter of time.
Already tried my best to BF him for 1st 6 mths...

Now I spend more time to read books to him and cook nice porridge and feed him patiently...
so I thk u need to prioritise wat works best between u n bb

Adelynn,
yah, i thk durian v potent. I not a regular fan of durian.
hrs after eatingthe puff, my urine smells too.
It is v powerful n thk dun consume too much.

Agree w kimifin.. Esp now if ss dropping.. shld start to slowly intro FM to bb le.. Dun have to feel guilty de.. What if 1 day ss really not enuf for bb's demand den bb dun take in FM? you'll be even more stress~ Furthermore they taking in solids now.. just make sure we give them nice food to eat lor.. I also make sure I personally cook porridge for my girl if i can.. No pt stressing over ss den spoil the time bet bb n urself...

kimifin: ya, super potent. i ate 2 seeds on sunday, mon whole day engorged (yet cannot pump out) only cleared when my girl latched on after a pump session in the evening.

i agree with kimifin & shirlin abt BM. my girl seems to love her food more than BM now. haha

Anyone bring bb to marina bay sands for shopping?

If drive car, carpark expensive? Is it bb frenly?

If take public transport, easy?

kimifin - The thing is I don't have time to prepare food for my girl. Weekdays is spent at work and weekends is spent visiting my mom. The only thing my MILK knows is to prepare porridge for baby and its the same porridge day in day out. Sighs....

Adelynn - I really give it to you...you can get 1000mls a day.. At max, I can only get 500mls a day which is only half of what you get....

phew... just finish pumping n had my power nap of 10 mins... like not enough leh.. hahaha...

sporty, yesh yesh.. ordered my KOI liao! hehehe...

paperger85, talk abt bf... me too also want to bf till she is 1 yr... now on solid she is taking fine.. think might need to give her some FM liao lo.. in case she dun wan... till now, i still can throw my afternoon pump away... hehe...

as for 1 yr bdae, what kind of design cake u all looking into? those cakes with fondant looks so sweet leh... n figurines we need to provide ourselves.. like quite bo hua leh...

paperger, I did not spend a lot of time, but if i din go out in the day....

Wat I do is, if bb sleeping, I start putting the rice in slow cooker (will cook in less than 2 hrs)+ a piece of meat + soupbone for the taste
then I will cut the vege (only 1 type each weekend, so far tried sweet potato, potato and broccoli) and steam + blend.
I only use 1 portion and keep in fridge anduse the rest for the next few meals.

Which means, next meal, I only cook porridge, 10 mins b4 serving, I put in the vege. SO next few meals do not need so much time to clean n chop vege.

To add in more variety, I bought the food jars, and scoop a bit into the porridge.

I know, preparation takes a lot of time.

do u thk u cud cook at your mum's place?
If i m going out, I cook and put in thermal jar..

weekends I try not to go to too many different plcs, cos bb need his zz....

papgerger85: 1L a day is a thing of the past now. I'm now back to 500-600ML/day. So my supply is slowly but surely dropping. I tell myself whatever it is, as long as i do my best and it's still not enough for her to drink, then FM is the way to go. I've gone pass the stage whereby i keep telling myself 'i MUST pump enough'. sometimes i feel w/o this emotional burden, subconsciously i get less stress and may pump more.

kimifin gave you a great suggestion of making porridge for ur girl w/o spending too much time on it and that's what i use too. i do purees every 3 days and then 10 minutes before i want to feed my girl i throw the fish & veg puree into the slow cooker.

cljl: woah, means you must have enough milk for her
happy.gif

adelynn, yeah.. now still got enough after 4 pumps... each pump will be abt 250ml... sometimes lesser... also depends on hw much water i drink a day lo... told myself that maybe starting frm nxt mth gt to pump 3 times a day liao... but then.. duno hw to pump e 2nd time in office leh.. coz it will be after lunch time.. quite hard....

cjlj - woah...thats a lot of milk! If I can pump 250 mls per session, I think I won't worry about my supply anymore!

kimifin - great idea! i'll try that soon.

paperger85, ahahaha... hai hao la... maybe my boobs big to store more... hehehe... my previous 5 pumps i can get at least 1.3l a day...maybe also i drink alot of water...

Hi Ladies

I saw this on another parenting website on children birthday cakes =) May be useful for those of u who are planning ur bb 1 yr Bday =)

Sporty: haha u caught alot of us..Alot of silent readers haha juz use eyes mah!

BF: i think it is super sensitive N individual. I used to b the type tat die die pump more than enuff to store but gradually i rather spend the pumping time with my gal =) Switched her to FM when she was 7 mth hee hee..Dun stress urself out mummies..enjoy the motherhood!

sporty, ya my girl recovering liao and appetite is alo back.... now waiting for the dried blisters and rashes to subside lor.... soon my A1 can play with A2.... if not so difficult to keep them apart... almost impossible. i made A1 wash hands each time she touch mei mei's toys or touch mei mei....

taurus, errr..... i dunno my girl's growth affected or not... now i think she should be more than 90cm (cos now i need to pay for her tickets to movie liao) but dunno her exact height. But her weight is on the low side but that is cos she quite choosy with food.... if you are concerned. talk to your PD?

btw the gathering is where? i know the trial at tanglin mall but the gathering?

cljl,
saw the photos.... very heartpain hor.
Tat time my gal hand also 'bao' until like that when she was hospitalised. Now think back, still v heartpain.

Glad your bb is recovering and discharged liao.
U also got to take care.

I still have v bad blocked nose and my gal is still having running nose. So poor thing, she cant sleep well at night. And i had been wearing mask at home for the past few days.

u all start to plan bb 1st yr party liao ah? Me still dun have idea of where to hold her celebration leh.

starrz, ya lo... very heartpain lo.... when e doc poke her needle in to her hand for drip, they dun allow Mummies to be inside lo.. scared mummies buay tahan... which is true lo... she cry like hell.....

whow.. this took her more than 2 wks man.. heng its finally over lo.. now she back to damn active... jump n crawl all oever...

whow.. blocked nose is the worst lo.. u better take care... wear mask also quite uncomfortable leh... actually can get those nasal spray for ur girl rite? can let her slp better..

i booked chalet at Changi Safra liao... 3d2n cost us $450 lo.. faint... need big space to accommodate his family side and mine... now i headache abt the cake lo...

2nd bdae simple simple can liao.. hehehe...

cljl,
tat time i also din see her being poked the needle.
heard u say she is on neubilizer? wats that ah?

nasal spray ah, coz i didnt bring her go see PD so no spray. She is still drinking the med for the last time she kena running nose.
The nasal spray can buy off the shelf huh?
My fren ask me to buy vicks and apply on bb body, but i havent try that out yet.
Wear mask, ya .. very hot but bo bian leh..

chalet, hub call. They also allow us to book 3 months in advance leh... now canot book leh.

Cake ah... ya lor, another prob.
Duno need how many KG.

hi all,

I need to look for infant care in Sengkang/hougang to put bb.

But I called a few and realise many infantcare are FULL. They said according to Sg rule, each childcare can only have 10 bbs max. no matter if they increase staff or not.

Likedat how?

heard many parents chope place by putting $.
wah, i really thk its too tough to get a seat in infantcare, not to say a decent Pr sch next time.

<font color="119911">funne, lemon tee</font>, got your transfers. thanks!
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Person</TD><TD>Payment</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">……….</font></TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Person</TD><TD>Payment </TD></TR><TR><TD>1sttimemummy</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>mitsy</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>adelynn</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>mm6j</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>agata</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>momoko</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ardenz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>myboyjovan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>ariesgal_76</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>momo</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ashley</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>nicole</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>ayukie</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>Pei Pei</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>bidosoh</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>rainz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cass</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>Shihui</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>cljl</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>shirlin</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>DevLina</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>sinkor</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>dingdong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>sponge</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>emily_ngo</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>sporty</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>funne</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>starrz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jamie</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>swanston</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jazz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>wendy lim</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>karen</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>WT (lourve)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>lemontee</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">.</font></TD><TD>zentan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Received</td></tr></table>

papergal: For 31st,the trial will be held tgt with our gathering at hillington. If you cant make it but still wanna try KM den you can go tanglin mall, directly to their shop... =)

kimifin: i brought my ger to MBS, not baby friendly yet. Lifts are not fully operational, pushing her ard in the pram was a chore.

Most shops are not open also, parking was S$18 iirc for 24hrs (hotel guests). I don't see any buses moving ard tt area.

Wld suggest you to visit towards end 2010 :)

starrz, ya.. neubiliser is like inhale ventolin gas... its meant to clear the phlegm in her lungs... i think i saw the nasal spray in guardian be4 leh... its like a dolphin on the box... forget the name.. if u want to noe, go home i take pic then show u...

actually i hate to wear mask lo.. u breathe in ur own breathe... then sweat inside.. yucky feeling lo..

vicks helps... must apply at the front and the back.. i did for my gal too.. she slps better.. i rub the left over on her nose... hehe...

which chalet u referring too.. now almost 3 mths liao ma... i book like 2 mths ago.. hehe.. super KS...

cake hor.. i think i need to order at least 3 kg lo... mine n hub family r BIG EATERS! hahahaha...

bz day...thas why very few posts! haha
see many silent readers coming out le! good good!
happy.gif

paperger, if u are keen in the kindermusik at tanglin mall, u can call their outlet to check on the timing! this trial at hillington green is specially arranged with our gathering, thas why its held outside of tanglin mall...

mm6j, good la...u target 1.5 yrs...for me max 1 yr...heheh

shirlin, no need to jiayou for me la...i think i max is 1 yr la...very diff to tahan longer...hehe

anastasia, u can juz massage the boobs and juz make sure there's no lumps...and juz slowly cut down on pump time and drag the intervals...give urself abt 1 week to do this...

kimifin, i haven drove to MBS before but my fren who went, parked at spore flyer and strolled over...think tha save ur parking monies and also the limited parking space there...

cljl, u still got time to power nap! thas good! i think i will be looking at a 2 tier cakes lor...hehe

ariesgal, yes nowadays very diff to separate #1 and #2 lor...my #1 always hugs #2 like nobody's biz lor...haha... good tha ur A2 is recovering! the kinder trial is at the same venue as the gathering at hillington green, so dun go tanglin mall hor!haha

kimifin: how about nanny?

swaston: thks for informing the trial!!

i was thinking to do w/o first bday for my gal.. but my hb wants coz he said must be fair since #1 also had first bday party..

<font color="0000ff">Cljl / Starrz></font> I think you meant Sterilmar - the nasal spray. It's pure water. I got mine from Unity.
happy.gif

Kimifin

The infant care really diff to find. Basically is only waiting list not immediate vacancy. Some centre have more than 10 bb. The regulation is 1:5. Oso had hard time finding one .:<

hi fellow nov 09 mummies, have u ladies bought the colourful rubber matting from kiddypalace? i bought some today, realised the mats emit a very strong smell that made me very nauseous and even got slight chest discomfort. has any of you have the same experience too?

Hello.
wa, koi only 33 cups nia?

kimifin, you putting baby in infantcare ar?
which ones you called already?
think there's a character montessori infant care somewhere right.
if not, why don't hire babysitter to your place?

morn all
finally friday!

shirlin, yes 4 mths to go...jia you jia you!

anastasia, no prob!

kimifin, how come u need to find a ifc? thot ur bb's taken care by a bbsitter?

li yun,usually the abc mats emit a strong rubber smell...thas why i gotten the bumper mat for my kids instead and its very durable...

kimifin, there is a infant care (one of those famous brand) in science park 2 still have alot of vacancies. As they are newly set up. You can check out if you are working there.

I was looking for cc for my boy, then they ask me if I want to put my girl there as well. So we took alook.

morning all!

sporty, bo bian.. i wrk so far frm my hse, need to wake up at 530 to prepare to pump.. then afternoon pump 20 mins then power nap for 10 mins lo.. better than nothing.. hehehe... ur 2 tier cake u looking at pg ah? any others? tot of room for desserts.. cake r nice.. bt design like nt many...

Cheryl, yeah.. its Sterilmar nasal spray...

bidosoh, so ur boy's at the cc near ur workplace now?

cljl, same lor, i wake up at 6am to pump, cook porridge and prep for work...very sleepy by 9pm when i'm home... last nite kena tekan by my gal 3 to 5am...so zzz now... yes, me considering PG lor...so far i ordered twice from them and recieved good reviews!

sporty, whow... we both the same manz.... super tiring man... somemore i drive to wrk.. whow jialat.. once i close my eyes n swift out of e lane lo.. heng no cars n e motor quite far frm mi.. if not jialat ah...

whow. hw come ur girl dun wan to slp ah? if tired hor.. shld go toilet slp... hahaha.. tats what i do sometimes leh...
happy.gif

oh... but PG u got to go to e shop to ask for designs rite? they only sent me a few design leh....

sporty, no. My mum change her mind and continue to take care of my son. So still the same old arrangement. He is still in his old kindergarten. We don't mind to put him in cc,but the aircon is slightly cold for my likings.

sporty, no. My mum change her mind and continue to take care of my son. So still the same old arrangement. He is still in his old kindergarten. We don't mind to put him in cc,but the aircon is slightly cold for my likings.

cljl, ya la...i dun drive to work but have to lug 2 heavy bags on the mrt...damn tiring everyday!! haha... think my gal was grouchy as she's teething so kept crying and cannot put her down on the bed! for the PG cakes design, u can go to their shop, they have a booklet of diff designs and u can choose from there lor

bidosoh, then ur mum is good...can cope with 2 kids! my boy's skool's slightly cold also, thas why the teacher advised us to wear a jacket for him everyday...

sporty, whow... lug 2 bags on MRT is HELL!!! so crowded leh... whow.. looks like teething is quite mafan for us leh.. they will be cranky... hope mine wun be cranky when her teeth comes out.. hehehe....
oh... okok.. will go down to the shop to see.. heng i stay at AMK... quite near...

how long u all order hur? scared ltr they say i too KS... hehehe...

paperger, yeah TGIF!!!

It's finally FRIDAY
happy.gif

I went down to PG @ AMK yesterday, they have alot of designs and is able to customize to your needs. I am also looking at some home bakers which my friends ordered from previously.

cljl: how ahead you order in advance depends on what type of cake u want with PG. for me cuz it's both my hubby &amp; my girl's birthday so i wanted to customize, so they trying to 'draw' out some designs for me to consider based on the themes i want.

sporty: u lug 2 bags cuz 1 bag contains the breast pump? Sighs, i take a bus to work everyday and i lug the breast pump and stuffs in a bag and laptop plus my nonsense in another, gosh, the weight's a killer man. my shoulders always ache especially towards the end of the week.

Hey Adelynn,

Our babies birthday fall on the same day yea? I haven't really started planning for my girl's birthday yet. I'm thinking of bringing her to Macau just before her birthday.

Back