(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

peipei - nuk has large teats - latex also - I wonder if they can fit the avent bottles - can try!

Anila - welcome!!! I started my baby off with butternut squash (which is a kind of pumpkin)... its very sweet and babies love it. I have also been reading about baby-led weaning where you just put some cooked carrot sticks on the high chair table and let them feed themselves - I tried with cooked apple and potato and ripe papaya - she loves it!!

Adelynn - oh dear oh dear. I have done that before.. don't worry - try to tell yourself that there is plenty more what that came from yah!

1st time mummy : Thanks a lot for the tip. Will try to find "butternut squash". This is the first time I heard about it though.

1st time mummy: yea man, my heart hurts and im hoping my supply wun give up on me.

I also do baby led weaning and my girl loves it. But its indeed a MESS

Hello, ladies!

Haven't been posting for ages.

MBJ> How are you? Hv you started using the wean machine?
kao_wink.gif

<font color="0000ff"><u>Feeding Solid</u></font>
I think must slowly introduce and do not force. I tried forcing my baby &amp; he ended up having phobia whenever we brought a spoon to his mouth. He kept his mouth shut tight during feeding for a few days. Then, he slowly opened up to cereal, etc. Now, I don't have much problem feeding him solid. However, sometimes when he is not in the mood, he may turn away. I'll try hard but if he really refuses, I'll stop.

My friend bought me a recipe book. It has recipes tailored according to babies stages. I introduced shepherd's pie to my baby last week and he loves it!
happy.gif
Just prepared a batch of mediteranean pasta yesterday. Fed him today &amp; he took it well.

Hi mummies,

Read back the posts and thanks all for your concern on my condition .

Yes, went GP on thurs and confirmed it's mastitis. Got a jab of antibiotics as well as oral med. Fever lasted till Sat, but still went back to work everyday cos had to complete an urgent project. Sigh.......

Now i am better liao . Boobs not hurting and no fever. Flow is better compare to the last few days. I guess as the swelling goes down , the blocked also cleared on it's own.

re feeding... I tried puting my gal on e walker, she jump up n down then put her on the swing like chair, she turn her head n move abt.. haiz.... in e end, i carried her on my left n feed her... feed till my neck also aching lo...

so sian.. she kana virus from duno who.. cough till e phlegm is like those thick greenish kind n flu.... hear she cough, she is so xin ku lo.. then she like moaning in pain becoz of her cough... haiz... so ke lian...

morning mummies,
I use ikea high chair for feeding. This chair is from #1's time. Still clean and in very good condition.

mbj, sorry arh. so busy last week. Wanted to send out the parcel on Sat but rained cats and dogs the whole weekend, even got tree collaspe. So didn't manage to go to post office. Can ask you another favor. I got last minute biz trip and will be in SGP on Thurs. Possible for you to pick up the parcel from Hougang on Thurs? So sorry to keep you all waiting and waiting so long.

Hey mummies,

Wanna ask if anyone has used the nursing room at China Square before? Condition how ah?

Cuz gg raffles place to wk for 1 week starting thurs and I realise that the whole raffles place dun have nursing rooms except for that and I only know abt it after a nice kind mummy told me abt it.. =)

Hi All! Any baby on milk strike? My boy on serious milk strike. He refuse milk for whole day but only wants porridge, fruits. Refuse his bottle and each feed is a struggle. At times he only take 1oz or refuse feed.

Any one has any advice. I going nutz and worried. I change him from Enfa to Similac and same result! Help! Any advice?

Hi velo, could it be due to teething?? Bcos sucking the bottle will press against his gums. His gum swollen? You could try teething gel on him and see if he feels more comfortable.

My gal at one point also refuses bottle. In the end I gotten change milk bottle from silicon teat to latex teat which is much softer.

Hi Mummies,

Sorry to interrupt.
I have a tin of Mamil Gold 2 to give away since my baby doesn't like it. It's been opened for less than a week. (Sembawang)

Please PM me if interested.

hello all...
been MIAed cuz was bz with work...
anyone missed me? hahha...
how's everyone eh?

<font color="ff0000">anyways for the gathering on 31 july...those tha who didnt respond with the number of paxs coming...we will assume tha its 2 paxs(both parents) and will be collecting monies this week! It will be 15 bucks/pax for the gathering and 20 bucks/baby for kindermusik... so 1 family of 2 parents plus 1 bb pays 50 bucks! Swanston will post her a/c details shortly for u gals to transfer to her... We hope everyone can cooperate and transfer the funds soon so tha we can pay kindermusik and also make arrangement for catering and other stuffs! kam sia
happy.gif
p/s:if there's any extra funds, we will either use it for next gathering, use to pay koi's delivery or refund...depending on the amt...</font>

re: descale of sterliser...
those who are using pigeon sterliser...do u find tha ur sterliser's metal part "turns brown" easily? and need to descale again and again?!

chenmama, saw ur fb...congrats tha valerie won!
happy.gif

re: ikea high chair
its cheap and good but must always keep ur bbs in view hor...cuz last time i have a fren's son who fell down from it and went to the hospital...cuz he fell head down!

stacey, how are u? gone back to work? or became a sahm? we have a gathering on 31 july leh...

cheryl, yooo...haven seen u ard also? wow..shepherd's pie? what meat did u put into the pie?

carol, good tha u recover from mastitis...must be very tramatic!

shirlin, china sq is quite ulu one...think the nursing room shd be quite clean ba?!

velo, some bbs may prefer semi solids to milk...maybe ur boy's one of them?! as long as they are going well, shd be ok la... my gal sometimes also like tha...

Hi Pei Pei! I am thinking of changing the teat. Pigeon got latex teat? Cos i using pigeon &amp; Avent bottles but pigeon teats. Ya, he got 2 bottom teeth coming out.

Sporty, ya i think he like solid then milk. can eat a big bowl of veg porridge, avocado, etc.

Hi sporty, i'm using pigeon sterliser...i oso find the sterliser's
metal part "turns brown" easily. I use lemon juice to descale but not effective. Maybe need to descale often??

morning mummies!

congrats Chen ma ma! Saw that valerie won on fb too! n she is sleeping so soundly... hehehe...

ya hor.. sporty... so long nvr see u online liao... yesterday here very very quiet lo... hahahaha...

rainz, i feel she is better, but then yesterday we went to PD for review she said she still gt phlegm inside her lungs leh.. which is bronchitis.. so we did a second time of defumiliser.. haiz.. she cry like hell again....
now got to take 4 different type of medicine... those in powder form very diff to add into milk coz sometimes she dun finish all.. n then medicine also hard to feed becoz once she see the syringe, she close her mouth tight! and alos lost weight also.. nw only 7.1kg....

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">31 july 2010
kindly transfer to POSB Savings 037-68465-1. indicate your nick ya!

$15 per adult and $20 per baby for kindermusik.
</font></font>

morning mummies,

yeah recently here had been rather quiet.
All busy with work or bb hor...

Swanston,
will transfer the $ to u or tomorrow via ATM ...

Congrats to chen mama and Valerie!!

Cheryl,
wah u introduce so nice food to Lil R ah.. so yummy.

Sporty,
ya didnt see u online here for sometime... BUSY hor...

morning all
think forum was down yesterday...

velo, as long as he can eat a big bowl of veg porridge shd be fine la...dun worry too much! my fren's son, same name as ur boy also loves food rather than milk :p hehe

rainz, i used to descale every week...now i very lazy...like once a mth... anyways i stopped using the sterliser also cuz lazy to descale :p

cljl, ya man...bz with work and stuffs lor... gosh, hope ur gal's ok... the neubuliser is horrible...my heart always aches whenever i hear kids cry using tha!

swanston, wahh...ur post very red and striking lor!! whahhaha :p

starrz, ya lor...was pretty bz...how are u?

starrz/momoko, the opting out only applies to exceptional cases like devlina (who will be fasting due to hari raya then, hence she cant makan with us...) the reason why we are having a gathering cum kindermusik session together is to let mummies and babies meet, if everyone wanna opt out from the catering and only wanna participate in kinder, then might as well go to kinder directly for their class right? hee… hope this clarifies!
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">gals who are going for the 31/7 gathering, pls pay swanston promptly BY 9 July 2010 (Friday) hor...before she hangs pig's head on ur door :p</font>

morning all!

yeah.... forum was down whole day yesterday....

sporty, yeah... when using the neubiliser, she cries alot lo... yesterday went to see PD again coz she gt high fever of 38.5.. PD mention that its infection from bronchitis n might become pneumonia lo... OMG!!!! so scary! n she asked me want to admit her anot... faint..... this stress mi out lo....

ltr she is going for X-RAy to see her chest... her phlegm is still there... damn it...

now she hates me becoz i keep on forcing all the medicine into her mouth.. whenever she see e syringe, she will just shut it tight... haiz.... mix into milk, she also dun wan to finish all.... so sian n stress.... her cough is since last thurs night lo... pray hard she will be fine man....

<font color="119911">bidosoh, cljl, dingdong, pei pei</font>, got your transfers. thanks girls!

<font color="119911">cljl</font>, aiyo, hope ur lil girl gets well real soon ya! *hugs*

To all mummies at the Dover ITE gathering, hope u ladies remember me
happy.gif
I've 3 boys with me the other day.
Swaton>> wat time is my slot? So I can opt out for lunch rite? So I only pay $20? Btw, pardon me for not following the post closely so I'm not sure:p

But it's ok if I've to pay for the lunch... Likewise do I've to pay for my 2 boys? Nick n Nat? Mayb u can drop me a call at 96222160 thks
happy.gif

jovin's top front teeth are out. keke.
and she can respond to the word "clap", also kept saying papa..and i think she has separation anxiety, cos i leave her sight only she starts to cry and today, even though she can still see me, i was in kitchen hanging clothes and she cried out ma so loud, kept looking at me.

cljl, hope ur gal recovers soon!! how is she now?

jamie, like what mbj said...the lunch is like "compulsary" unless u have valid reasons like fasting etc... you dun have to pay for ur 2 young boys...only pay for adults...

mbj, how many teeth does jovin have now? so cute tha she's babbing words!

wah this forum hor, had been trying to post since yesterday...

Swanston, i transfer $50 liao via ATM this morning at 0746hrs. Ref:6008
Pls check
happy.gif

MBJ,
wah Jovin know how to call MaMa liao ah...

BTW, mummies... need advice.
My gal dun wan to eat cereal, even adding fruits puree she also like not very keen. Any idea how to make her like her cereal?
Many thanks!

Starrz, ya I think it's better to add in her milk so that she can taste something she likes or is familiar with. Try that and see if it works.

morning all!

forum down since the day be4 lo... haiz...

sporty, she is better liao... Thanks! yesterday she went for x-ray to check on her phlegm... phlegm is still there but better... Fever shot up to 38 again yesterday afternoon... neubilise her for another day again.. hopefully her phlegm will break down n loosen.... haiz..

althou she don't cough much but when she cough, i can hear that she still have the thick phlegm and she is like munching on her phlegm lo... haiz.. nothing i can do but to see she chew in down her throat again....

tonite PD will give her a last injection to prevent pneumonia from happening... hopefully everythin will be fine after tonite's review... Heng now when i neubilise her, she guai guai sit ther lo.. if not i stress that she dun inhale then cant recover fast... n to fully recover from this cough n phlegm, it takes 2 wks lo.. faint....

cljl,
hope your gal gal recovers fast fast!! Take care of yourself too..

Ashley,
thanks! okie shall try that out.
happy.gif

starrz, i also agree tha adding milk helps cuz at least its a familiar taste to ur gal and she will take the cereal more willingly!

cljl, ya i can imagine the phelgm lor cuz they too young to kno how to pui the phelgm out... hope she recovers real soon!! u also hang on!

<font color="119911">cljl</font>, jiayou! take care dear.

<font color="119911">jazz, myboyjovan, starrz, wendy</font>, got your transfers girls. thanks!
happy.gif

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">31 july 2010
kindly transfer to POSB Savings 037-68465-1. indicate your nick ya!

$15 per adult and $20 per baby for kindermusik.
</font></font>

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Person</TD><TD>Payment </TD></TR><TR><TD>1sttimemummy</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>adelynn</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>agata</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ardenz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ariesgal_76</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ashley</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ayukie</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bidosoh</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cass</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cljl</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>DevLina</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dingdong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>emily_ngo</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>funne</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jamie</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jazz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>karen</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lemontee</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mitsy</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mm6j</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>myboyjovan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>nicole</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pei Pei</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>rainz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shihui</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirlin</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sinkor</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sponge</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sporty</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>starrz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>swanston</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>momoko</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>wendy lim</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Received </TD></TR><TR><TD>zentan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

sporty, thanks! yeah.. if she can understand what is pui, I will ask her to pui the damn thick phlegm out! ahahahaha....
me trying to tarhan for not letting my eyes close man... hehe...

swanston, thanks!
happy.gif

Good day ladies =)

cljl: Hope ur gal is much much better already =) must be very heartpain to see BB like this! U take some vit to "bu" ur own immunity oso yah!

mbj: so cute le ur gal can speak...mine say stuff but i think juz senseless blabbering so sian haha

Brightstarts around we go: I am letting mine go..Coz my ah gal dun wanna sit in it..anyone interested or know of interested parties?

cljl, try to rest over the weekend cuz u cannot be "down"...so better rest!

raerae, talking abt this ard we go, my gal likes to go round and round...hahha... why dun u keep for #2? since u plan to have #2 soon...

Back