(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Anastasia: I am very much like you in a sense recording every thing about her intake, output, even the duration she latches on. I also keep a separate diary on how much milk i pump.

Sad to say the past few days, my supply is going through a downward trend *sighs*

adelynn : me too... these few days not sure why the ss suddenly dropped...today only bring back less tahn 2 bottles from office which is about 1/2 of my normal supply... so sad...

Adelynn & Lemon Tee>> Dun worry, just continue to pump as usual (i.e. frequency and duration) and drink lots of water. I'm sure your supply will go back up! On my side, I'm trying to reduce supply...but no success yet! I'm prone to breast infection, so I have to take this very slowly...

regarding the 40% staff disc on philips product, i've gone down to the warehouse yesterday and understand that the steamer cum blender is out of stock

I thought the instruction from Pigeon steriliser of the how to descale sterilizer is to use lemon. Just squeeze half a lemon on the metal plate and leave it for half hour. Then just wash with tap water will do. Safe and leave a very nice lemon smell. If you do this every week, don't really need to do thorough descale with vinegar. BTW, i only descale every fortnight. But now, i stop sterilising liao. I think its good to expose them to some level of germs since they are already on solid and putting everything into their mouth.

Hi mummies, need your advice. how do u all feed your babies? Do u put bb in bb chair, walker or carry & feed them semi solid food? Sorry for the trouble & thanks.

Hi sporty confirmed 2 pax. Thks! ;)

Hi bidosoh- I also used lemon juice to descale. But don seem to have much effect. Maybe coz I seldom descale. Probably got to descale more often.

Hi Adelynn & Lemon Tee - my ss also drop to quite low. Now BM can only make up 2 feed max per day. The rest substitute by FM n cereal.

Hi mbj- hope ur baby doing fine & getting better ;)
Hi Chen ma ma - congrat!

Rainz, I put my baby in the high chair when feeding her. At my mum's place, we will place her in her walker since there's no high chair there. My baby doesn't move around in her walker during feeding time. Even if she is full or distracted, she will just look away instead of moving away.

lemon tea: yar i guess we can never really 'control' our output but can only try out best. my breasts no long feel that full anymore.

rainz: i put my girl in her high chair or bumbo seat and she now can associate food = high chair

Hi Ashley-Morn! Thanks for ur reply. I was thinking of putting her in walker. Which is easier to feed? high chair or walker?

Hi adelynn-Morn! Thanks for ur reply. I put her in bumbo seat but my girl will bent her body backward! Then her body almost out of the seat.so thinking if must buy high chair for her since GSS now.

rainz - yes i agree. as they get better with their motor skills & smarter, they know how to get themselves outta the bumbo seat.
happy.gif

IMO, a simply high chair would be sufficient, not too fanciful cuz it serves a basic need. I have a ikea high chair and pre prego ( a gift) and for the price difference, the ikea high chair seems more worth it

sighs, i woke up early to a rainy morning and had to fight the heavy rain just to get into work. the good thing is it's finally FRIDAY!!!

I'll be bringing my girl to wild wild wet with 2 other babies on TH, any mummies keen?

adelynn.. haiz.. my shoes and pants all wet.. lucky is office's aircon not so cold today.. ya.. it's Friday that we should in wonderful good mood..
happy.gif

Re: High Chair
My high chair is passed down from my elder one, its fisher price, very sturdy and reliable till now! hahahhaa...BUT, i find it taking up too much space at my place, i hardly fold away as i used it daily...

My friend use ikea type, looks good and very economical! But can't fold away though.

Woah! Seems like this thread is evolving very fast!!

For mummies using NUK Latex teat, can I check how long can 1 teat last? I've been using NUK latex teat for almost 4 months now, it appears that the teat gets harden very fast and my gal has difficulty sucking. No milk flow!! And after a while, she gets tired and refuses to drink anymore!!

It seems that the air vent cannot open due to the hardening and thickening of the rubber. How can we prevent this? I thought it's the steaming of the teat, so I dun steam sterilize the teat anymore and use hot water to rinse before use. But still the same after a while. So fed up. I change teats almost every 2 weeks now. Very expensive leh...

I tried changing to silicon one and tried pigeons teats, my gal just refuses to drink. Sigh...

Anyone shares the same experience??

Chen mama,

Congrats to Valerie!
happy.gif
Hope she wins big prize!
Oh...combi has foldable chair that can sling out? Thats amazing!

hihi pei pei,

for me , I m using the Avent teats. Will only change when its old. I heard some ppl say that its good to change every 6mths but I think its gonna to be ex..

reenie & piggym & DevLina
Thanks ^-^
hope we will have fun this Sunday!
Is her 1st contest

i have problem to upload pic here.. will upload in my facebook to share the combi foldable chair
i like it, can be fold & bring out..we bring to to picin too & travel too
i use it to feed her ..

On the feeding, I'm using the bumbo seat now. But I also feel a high chair is needed. My gal will try to get out of the seat. Same problem with all other mums.

if i recall correctly the latex teats require changing about every month or every other month (or when the teats collapsed or teathole torn) .. silicon teats lasts longer than latex teats ..

congratz - chen mama

piggym - yeah still bfeedin .. altho trying decide when is a gd time to slowly stop to reach 1 yr max ..

Rainz, I personally find the feeding chair is much better for feeding compared to the walker. We are using the Ikea high chair - highly recommended cos it's cheap and easy to clean! Plus it is quite sturdy and safe.

I've long returned the bumbo seat to my friend (who loan it to me before I popped) cos my baby hates to sit in it. When she was 4 months old, she would arch her back and try to get out of it whenever we put her in the seat.

Peipei_I am using NUK latex teats...better than the silicone ones as its softer. I do not steam it as I notice after doing that for a few days, the teat got a bit sticky and hard. So normally after each feed, I will just wash it and throw it into a cup of warm water until the next feed is required.
I change the teats every 3 to 4 weeks. Have tried a few other brands but I think NUK is still my prefered.

piggym - ooOOoo .. im stoppin soon in maybe 2 mths or so time .. so that when my boy 1st birthday party i can stop lugging the pump bag and fridge to go ..

Tink I gotta be forced to stop soon coz of the recent turn of events, been too distraughted to latch n pump till supply dropped to a trickle.

Chenmama - valerie is so pretty! Good luck on sunday!

I never descale my phillips sterilizer ... oops. good to have this forum I think! lol

Regarding high chair- I am using the ikea one. Quite good, sturdy yet cheap (only about $25). Can buy a table top for the chair too (only $4!). Also if you r baby is small, you can get a cushion that goes around it for more security.

peipei- I tried the nuk latex teats too before - and usually cannot sterilize or it will get hard. I am using avent now.

Hihi,

Am new here. Can anyone advise how to get my girl interested in solids? Have been trying for 1 month plus. My girl simply don't like taking solids. She clamed up her mouth and cried every time we tried to feed. Thanks!!

ayukie, i know silicon lasts longer, but my gal refuses to take that!! she was using avent since birth, but when she reached 3 months, she refuses to take avent anymore. so i got no choice but change to NUK latex.

EASTgal, ya, that's what i do as well.. but the teat still become hard leh... though i like it soft (my gal too), but changing every 2 weeks is very siong! expensive leh, one teat is $3.50!!! every month i need to spend $7 just on teat... more expensive than the cereal!

1st time mummy, i wish my gal is willing to take avent again... i have so many avent bottles, but all cant use... trying to switch her back to silicon teat, but she doesn't want... sob sob... my gal so high 'maintenance'.

Back