(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Oh no I'm only feeding her brown rice cereal for 1 meal during 11am. Have not start on fruit or porridge. Hmm I think I'm quite late in giving her. Think must start soon if not she will be "mountain turtle".

So far she only know how to flip to one side n does not know how to roll over yet. I'm impressed tt some babies already know how to stand!

My bb don't like to sleep much. She don't take much nap during day. Prob around 1-2 Hr max. Night time she will only fall asleep prob around 11+ to 12am. She still can't fall asleep on her own in her cot. Want to be carried then will sleep. Any tips to get her to sleep early???

sigh..as expected, the pneumococcal jab in the afternoon made my girl so super cranky...i am having problems getting her to sleep. now still crying non stop...urgh, super stress this week with everything, just now cannot take it, shouted at her. poor thing. wish i can have more patience and help at home sometimes.

Hi MBJ>> Hang in there dearie! I'm guilty of losing temper at my son at times too, so you're not alone. Is your gal having a fever? Last time my son took his pneumococcal jab, he din have fever, but was cranky. So for his next pneumococcal jab, I gave him some paracetomal..and he was behaving normal. Maybe you can try this? You can also try cuddling her, or carrying her upright, whichever works better. Often, babies need lots of tender loving care after jabs..

Hi mummies,

Would like to ask if it is necessary to go see doctor for milk fever ?

1 breast block for 2 days liao. Boy latch but the choke seem to be still there. Had done all massage , i could hv brusied my breast also. Sighzz.... Tried afew position of latching but don't seem to work very well.

Having fever and is taking panadol every 6hrly.

Necessary to see doc ? Heard breast inflammation from some discussion but can't remember liao ..What exactly is breast inflammation, what are the symptons? Must take antibotics?

So demoralized , happen just becos breast was untouched for 9hrs in the nite. Bb and mummy too sleepy.

Carol>> If you have mastitis, your fever will be very high (more than 38.5). For me, my fever reached 40 degrees last time! Your affected breast will have a wedged like portion that is red and swollen, tender to the touch. Milk supply from that breast will reduce. For mastitis, need to take antibiotics for it to clear. Within 2 days, you will see significant improvement.

If your fever is not high, probably the inflammantion is not that bad. May not need antibiotics. You may wish to see a lactation consultant to be sure. But sounds like not mastitis. Cos' mastitis is very unbearable..super high fever, whole body aching..quite unlikely you can tahan 2 days without seeing doc.

Hi Anastasia,

THanks FOR THE INFOR

Fever hover ard 38.1 ~.5
Milk did reduce but worst if did not pump out COS BREAST STILL ENGORGE!

For mastitis, can see normal GP?
So the block or was it actally the inflammation clear on its own after taking the antibiotics?

thanks anastasia, she doesn't really have fever but her thigh where jab was taken was sore suddenly in the evening and she is sleeping on her other side, with the painful thigh lifted up high..and when i try to latch her on the side where thigh is painful, she cries in pain..sigh.

Re: gathering on 31 july...
can you gals confirm the number of paxs asap by this week...so tha we can work out the budget (for catering) and other stuffs... thks

<font color="ff0000">If nil response is recieved by friday, we will take it as both parents are attending... pls PM me by TOMORROW if your no of paxs deviates from 2! thks!</font>

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Details received?</TD><TD>Kindermusic session</TD><TD></TD><TD>No of paxs </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>11am</TD><TD>12pm</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1sttimemummy</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>adelynn</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>agata</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ardenz</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>ariesgal_76</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ashley</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>ayukie</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>bidosoh</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cass</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>cljl</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>DevLina</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>dingdong</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>emily_ngo</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>funne</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jamie</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jazz</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>karen</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>lemontee</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>mitsy</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>mm6j</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>myboyjovan</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>nicole</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pei Pei</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>rainz</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>shers83</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shihui </TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirlin</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>sinkor</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>sponge</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>sporty</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>starrz</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>swanston</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>momoko</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>wendy lim</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>zentan</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>18</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>66 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

morning all!
so many posts abt weaning n stuffs...thks for sharing!

mbj, i haven started my gal on porridge too la...too bz to do it...maybe will try to intro next mth ba...so far she's taking cereals and some fruits only...

anastasia, welcome to the thread
happy.gif
wow...ur son taking lotsa solids!

starrz, good tha u finding started ur gal on cereal! saw tha she's crawling
happy.gif

reenie, 8pm is ok already la...juz brain dead after i reached home...hahha... u also doing a great job as a sahm and can cope with 2 w/o a maid!

ashley, i used to agrue with my mum over food intro to my boy also...but bo bian since they are our mums....so we have to keep one eye closed lor...

ok gotta run...finished pumping and gotta go prep for work!

Morning ladies..... and thanks for your advice. I will remind and explain to my mum again and again if she forgets and give baby more than one or two new food at one shot. Gotta be patient and yup, no raising of voice. I know my mum also won't harm my baby intentionally and I do appreciate her help in looking after my baby when I am busy.

morning mommies!!! ^^
cljl: carrots i will steamed it then put to slow cooker..=) others like potatos, pumkin, sweet potatoes.. porridge half way then put together n cook...=P
funne: Im using that brand: "tiger" one..hehe..

cljl: I used "Anastasia (anastasia81)" 's method (which definately better than mine) when Im not working times and Tim was about 6 to 9 months times.. hehehe.. now he turning one soon and I go back to work force.. so.. ermm.. all mix...=P

angeline, yesterday she ate her porridge at 6.30pm then when i reach hm, i feed her at 9.30pm and then she slpt at 9.45pm.. which is 1 hr earlier than her normal slp... so i think shld have gd progress.. hahaha.. will continue to let her slp earlier...

duno y this morning she is coughin... worried man.... better hope she dun fall sick....

Anastasia, your stock u keep how long in the freezer? whow.. u steam n pureen.... i will have time to do in sat/sun morning during her nap lo.. coz wkdays, im working n then sunday im all alone while my hubb teach swimming... hard to spend alot time in the kitchen during pureen lo... haiz..

clijl - eh get the philips avent steamer/blender? i use it so far quite easy leh .. but if i gt budget i get the angmo brand steamer/blender from mrs wong weaning class .. philips is abit on loud side ..

Hi Carol>> Are you better today? Based on the degree of your fever, sounds like your breast inflammation, if any, isn't too serious.

Yes, you can see GP for mastitis. If a female GP, they can check your breast too. They will prescribe you a course of antibiotics (usually amoxillin / augmentin type) that should last betwen 5 to 7 days.

The antibiotics will help to reduce the swelling (i.e. not so red and swollen, but still quite pain to touch), but total recovery in my case took 2 weeks. With antibiotics, you will still need to massage your breast to try to clear the blockage. If you have problems clearing, suggest you see a lactation consultant cos' sometimes our massage technique is not correct / spot-on.

Hi MBJ>> Is your baby better today? And hope you are in better mood today too. Swelling at the injection site is common. Happened for my son too. Worse still, he took 2 jabs that day, so both thighs swollen! Just try to avoid touching the injection site, the swelling should go away in about 2 days. Meanwhile, lots of TLC for baby and yourself too! =)

Good morning mummies! I need help! When I got home yesterday, I was told by my MIL that my girl has been rejecting milk, as in totally reject. She does not want to take even 10mls!

I did not really believe my MIL but she fed her for me to see and my girl really did reject her milk! Not for one feed but for all 3 feeds! She even cried when MIL tried to give her the milk!

She is not sick at all. Should I bring her to the PD?

Hi Cljl>> The frozen puree can be kept in the freezer for 2 mths. But for me, I use them with latest within 3 weeks cos' my son is taking quite alot of solids. Like Ayukie, I'm also using the philips steamer cum blender. It's really easy to use. I bought it at 20% discount at kiddy palace last time, so was around $150 (instead of the normal price of $199 I think). So far, I think it's one of my best baby buys. You steam the food and just flip it over to blend. No need to watch the fire (as in the case of normal stove steaming), so think it's good when got baby at home.

Oh yah, I have a helper at home cos' I work full time too. So when I'm at home, I just ask her to wash and cut the vegetables I want to steam / puree (cos' I'm not very good and fast at cutting these). Then I steam and puree them, and put the pureed product into baby cubes myself...haha...

Hi Paperger>> I've not encountered this before with my son, so I can't really give any good advice.

But is your gal taking solids and water already? If so, perhaps you can monitor for today, since she is getting some food and water in. However, if this persists, maybe you should bring her to PD cos' she can't do without milk for too long.

ayukie, oh... then will need to see hw much liao lo... my hub dun wan to spend too much.. i also cant spend too much time becz im normally doing all this stuff alone n sunday nobody to help mi.. haiz...

anastasia, u mean the philip one can steam n blend?
whow.. gd that u have a helper lo.... bt if i pureen, duno my MIL will noe hw to add into her porridge anot lo.. haiz... she is taking care of mine n another bb.... kinda diff sometimes too....

Anastasia - yup, she is taking in solids already but we don't dare to give too much water as she is rejecting her milk. I tried latching her on and was also rejected. Only when she woke up in the middle of the night last night then I dreamfeed her.

Hi Cljl>> My fren's baby is taken care of by her MIL too. Like me, she also puree the food and store in baby cubes. What she does is at the start of the work week, she brings the whole week's frozen baby cubes of different types of food to her MIL place. But she lets her MIL decide which day to feed what pureed food to her baby. It's quite easy. Just defrost the cube in fridge the night before. When the porridge is almost ready, throw in the pureed food. Cos' the pureed food is already cooked mah, so basically it's only to heat up.

ayukie, thanks! think now GSS better go see.... if kiddy palace sell then can get 20% for members now...

anastasia, thanks! can i put in avent cup hur? will need to ask my hub to teach her if she wans to do it lo... sometimes u noe old folks dun wan to listen....

Hi Cljl>> Yes, can put in avent via cups too. However, I find that it's better to put in baby cubes. Each baby cube holds up to 70ml, whereas each avent cup holds up to 180ml (small one) or 240ml (big one). Baby won't take that much pureed food, so if you put in avent cup, most of the cup is empty. And it takes up more space in the freezer too. My baby has been on solids for almost 2 months, and his capacity for pureed food at each feed is only 60ml.

Yupz, if kiddy Palace got that 20% discount for members, then it's worth it to get now =)

Hi Carol>> I forgot to mention that if your boob is very swollen, you can also put cold cabbage leaves. Works well to reduce the swelling. I kena mastitis twice before. Only 2nd time I knew how to use the cabbage leaves, and I find it helps.

<font color="119911">carol</font>, if u r going to use cabbage to relieve the blockage, be careful not to leave it there for too long coz it can stop the milk flow totally if left there too long. take care ya.

Hi Carol>> Yes, swanston is right. I forgot to caution you about that. Usually I leave them on for about 1-2 hours or until wilted. Then I remove. A few hours later, I put fresh ones in.

Anastasia, oh ic... coz avent has cap then easier to store whereas cubes hor althoug gt cover.. i worried my mil take out to defreeze then nvr defreeze properly.. then have all the bacteria... sometimes they nt clean one leh...

paperger, i think could e teats too small then she reject? happens to my gal too.... maybe u change the teats n try again....

Hi Cljl>> Dun quite understand what you mean lei. Your MIL can defrost the food in the cubes, with the cover snapped on properly? Same as defrost in via cup with cover screwed on mah..

cljl,
glad to hear that your BB is sleeping earlier. Hope this will be the beginning of a good cycle, and she will sleep a little less this morning and sleep earlier again tonite. Congratulations.

Yah Carol, if you are going to cabbage leaves to relieve your discomfort, just put them on for short periods (I suggest 15 mins interval) till you feel comfortable enough to stop using it.

My past experience with #1, I had bad engorgement, I put on cabbage leaves, felt so shiok, i just left it on for 30 mins, and SS dropped so much it took me 2 weeks to build it up again.

So I think the amount of effect of cabbage leave for each person may vary.

To avoid risky SS dropping too much too quickly, just apply for short while, if you feel you still need, then continue to apply and check every 15 - 30 mins. If you feel comfortable after 15 mins, or even 5-10 mins, then can stop.

angeline, yeah... coz my hubb went out to play basketball yesterday.. if nt she wil drink later lo.... she slp earlier i can do my own things easier lo... she will slp quite late on fri, sat n sun lo.. coz my hub teach swimming every fri till 9pm, by the time reach hm already 10pm... sat n sun, we r out... reach hm also late.... so she onli can slp long during mon to thurs lo...

notveryfatmum,
Glad you like it. Glad I am still nursing my 3 year old too.

I have a breastfeeding blog, feel free to visit and comment too
happy.gif
I have accumilated lots of helpful links in there.

Here's another good link to share:

Hands on pumping
http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeeding/MaxProduction.html

Carol,
Try using the hands on pumping method (video link above). I use this method everytime I pump. This will help empty milk effectively and avoid block ducts.

paperger85: not sure whether you agree or not.. perhaps the " nipples" ( Sorry cant remember wad is called)have not washed or sterlised properly then it stinks or sometimes baby will get tired of the bottle designs..

cljl - Thats what I thought so too so I changed the teats to a bigger sized one and still she rejected.

Mandy - But its not once that she rejected. She rejected 3 times....

Anastasia, oh... hahahaha.... maybe wil go n see e philips blender 1st n decide to buy e tray...

i wan to ask.. is the weaning machine gd hur? if u all feeding banana, do u mash it then feed or scrap directly frm the banana itself?

eh question to ask again.
I am feeding the puree fruits (those ready made de), after open put in fridge. So if i wan to feed bb, isit example take out 1 spoon out half an hour before feed and let it to cool off first? Or need to warm it ah?
Thanks!

anastasia, i saw e video on the philips blender cum steamers... its so easy...... hahahaha...

after i pureen and if i wan to feed her directly without mixing into porridge, i need to keep in e fridge? can keep outside rm temp for hw long?

i scrap directly frm the banana then she like gt those funny face leh.. hahaha....

cljl - she burps fine, passes wind very often and does not have a bloated tummy....

sighs...if she still don't drink milk today, I'll probably pull all my hair out in frustration!

In case any mummies missed my previous post on this article. Very inspiring:

<font color="0077aa">"Breastfeeding in the Land of Ghenghis Khan
In Mongolia, there's an oft-quoted saying that the best wrestlers are breastfed for at least six years - a serious endorsement in a country where wrestling is the national sport. I moved to Mongolia when my first child was four months old, and lived there until he was three.
Raising my son during those early years in a place where attitudes to breastfeeding are so dramatically different from prevailing norms in North America opened my eyes to an entirely different vision of how it all could be. Not only do Mongolians breast feed for a long time, they do so with more enthusiasm and less inhibition than nearly anyone else I've met. In Mongolia, breastmilk is not just for babies, it's not only about nutrition, and it's definitely not something you need to be discreet about. It's the stuff Genghis Khan was made of."</font>
to read more.....http://www.naturalchild.org/guest/ruth_kamnitzer.html

Back