(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

kimifin,
my bb oso latch 1 side nia fall asleep.... then i will change his diaper n make him awake to feed another nanapok... but usually he suckle awhile go zzzz again... then wake up 2hrs later want more.... i alo pump 1 to 2 times a day nia cos i dun hv much milk....
if i give fm, he drink only 70ml or less... he is abt 7weeks old nia.... i juz feed when he wants loh....

Hi Mummies,

I have the following items for sale.

1. BN Medela Breast Milk Bottle 150ml (set of 3) selling @ $25.

2. BN Pigeon Wide Neck Bottle with (Y) Nipple (300mlx3) selling @ $21.

3. BN Pigeon Wide Neck Bottle with (S) Nipple (200mlx3) selling @ $15.

4. BN Pigeon Wide-neck Peristaltic Nipple (S)-2pcs/bc selling @ $5.

5. Hardly used Pigeon Breastmilk & Babyfood Warmer selling @ $40.

NTUC/ Robinsons/ Giant Vouchers are acceptable. Please email me @ [email protected] for fast deal.

momo_mummy,

my bb sleep means sleep, even he is "awake" his eyes closed, but mouth SHUT tight.
I even puch my nipple into his mouth. too bad, not able to feed him for 2nd round.

So u still supplement with FM? Maybe the FM makes him full, cos FM ml and your BM ml is not equal in terms of making him full.

FM tends to be less digestable.

Yes, your bb is 1 day younger than mine.

my sleepy bb last nite woke me every 1 to 2 hrs to feed him..

Me Panda eyes already!

He still sleepy in the day, so try not to let him doze off too quickly today, and also make sure he drks more. But he tend to vomit a bit about 30mins later...

crankiness- we tot he needs food, but after he suck, he poo, so wonder if got other ways to entertain him when he gets cranky n not the breast.

tanly> my baby also cant get to sleep on his own, needs to be cradled or needs my breast as pacifier or needs the real pacifier... maybe u can introduce him pacifier but down side is sometimes it falls off easily then the bb will wake up again... but recently i heeded advise from mummies here and let bb slp on tummy, although i very scared will suffocate but i tried and it really works! bb slept longer in the day... he used to only slp for half an hr at most in the day in the cot, restless slp and wakes up easily.... then i let him slp on his tummy... just be sure to check on him occasionally it should be fine, and bb will turn his head on his own so dont need to worry so much... my bb now wk 6 can already turn his head when lying face down...

yesterday bb super cranky again, cried and cried and screamed whole house down from 9-1am... i almost died... so scared as i couldn't calm him down at all and kept offering my breast... in the end couldn't take it then supplement with FM... but he still screamed... in the end only my mil could ccalm him down... he just wants the "position" to be carried... even i or hb carry him he also don't wan....only my mil's carrying position he will calm down... sigh... y are bbs so difficult to soothe....

finally gave myself some excuse today for some "me" time when i went out for 2hrs to buy FM and bb bath for bb.... ate Ya Kun and it was so shiok... such simple "me" time and simple indulgences to satisfy my craving can make me soooOOOoo satisifed.... haizZZz... last time all these food and me time comes by so easily but i didn't cherish them...

ANYWAY, anyone giving bb drink similac? i went hougang mall today and searched the WHOLE mall - guardian, unity pharmacy, ntuc, watsons and couldn't find similac.... i think recently somebody mentioned something abt the "new and improved" similac in this forum right? there was only ONE last one left at guardian and i just grabbed... i dont know if it's sold out? or is there some problem with similac.... issit so popular? or nobody wanna buy tat's y only left with one? hmmmmm

i also want to go kuishinbo and join u all next wk leh..... but i think it really takes alot of courage for me to bring my cranky bb out alone.... plus i haven't really mastered how to use sling properly yet, bb like very low, below my breast... if i wanna BF like difficult.... and scared bb scream in the restaurant... if i go i might just rent a stroller at suntec...

anyhows i joined FB on nov mtb 09, dono if it's the one u guys are talking abt..

Instead of putting bb tummy down, why not try putting the beanie bag on the tummy? i did that recently and seemed to calm bb down.

Talking about smiles, my 6 weeks old baby can smile when we play with him. So i guess must try to entertain and play with him often and he will learn how to respond with smiles. there were few times when my boy chuckled and let out the sound. it was such a joy to see him laughing like that!

saw that many mummies are zzz deprived cos of feeding. hope that all of us will have the 3 hour schedule soon! i also hope to have that soon. it's really tiring and stressful not to know when bb's going to cry for milk. sometimes i feel like a milk maid. it;s like my primary job is to provide milk!

By the way Aries, my fren said her lactation consultant said that pump can only pump out one third of the milk inside the breast. so, if you pump out 60ml, means that you have 180ml inside. so, can guage by this way.

oh ya, gals, i heard that beta not to bring bb out for the first 3 mths. but it seems that most of you have already brought your bb out. is it ok to bring bb out for the first 3 mths? I just brought bb out to taka for shopping but he;s super cranky. kept wanting to be carried tho we have a stroller for him. in the end, my father in law had to carry him and i also cannot shop in peace cos kept thinking about how cranky my boy was.

Anyway, the nursing room at taka baby section near the thyme maternity thr quite nice and clean. can go thr next time. any mummies can share where are the clean and dirty nursing rooms? i think we will need to know that when we go shopping in future!

The thing with suntec is there is only one area for nursing, near toyrus. Only 2 booths in thecwhole big suntec ... Pathetic. Anyway tat day at tcc was my 1st time nursing in public , minus in cab rides. Still have jitters abt nursing in public coz scared I din cover properly
happy.gif

carinez.. I also carry bb in sling n she's also below my breast.. but i see her like very comfy den i heck care.. lol.. as for bf.. you'll be sitting dwn while bf-ing right.. so can adjust the sling lorz.. bring bb along la.. there's always a 1st time de.. I also scared to bring bb out tt time even for a short while but hb encouraged me.. dun worry abt bb being cranky.. there'll be alot of experienced mummies ard.. tts wad sporty told me for last gathering..hehe..

Rachelle Ling , about the LC on the supply..
I even try to squeeze to get more milk and try to unclog the ducts...

maybe that will give me 2/3 of the milk?

back from my date with hb!
went to eat buffet n watch avatar with my hb...almost died of engorgement, now still latching after pumping!

rachelle, dun feel jealous when feeding fm to bb, most of us grew up drinking fm too...so its ok to supplement, juz try to build up ur ss in the meantime...

shirlin, next week's lunch is thurs not tues leh... dun forget hor
happy.gif

blessedcyn, most of us used slings n carrier yesterday...think very diff to bring stroller unless u take cab or drive...

taurus, no prob...maybe next time we can have gatherings on weekends or public hols at someone's house so even hbs can join...

ariesgal, paiseh...didnt respond to ur sos...but prob solved liao rite with help of jane?
happy.gif

carinez, my bb smiles sometimes when i play with her but not everytime... come join us next week, treat it as ur "me" time...

starrz, if u stop bfing, the leak might take sometime to go away...unless u take med to stop...

mitsy, come join us for lunch next week...come alone if u no confidence to bring bb...u need a breather from bb too
happy.gif

tanly, i try not to cuddle my bb to sleep...i will leave her in the cot...let her make some noise n she will koon... try to bring bb out la, or ask ur mum n the maid to jaga for tha few hrs next week?

fieda, kushibo got lots of sashimi n seafood...come w/o bb if u not comfy to bring bb...

jeelomeelo, u dun look like 1st time nursing in public yesterday, quite nicely done leh...dun have jitters la, juz have to be careful n action fast fast!

shirlin, good tha u more comfy to bring bb out liao after yesterday,..there's always the first time mah
happy.gif

sporty: Enjoyed your date? I've been having quite some 'me' time recently..MIL very willing to look after bb for me plus hb on leave so wanna spend more time with him.. Oh ya..i keep thinking tt its tues.. thurs better also cuz tues i got class in the evening den will be a lil rush.. =) so its thurs 12pm at suntec hor..
And yup.. now more comfy to bring bb out le..i just told carinez tt there's always a 1st time too.. hehe! Think Thurs i only bringing 1 serving of EBM.. shld be able to last till we're done with lunch.. at most rush to nursing room to latch liaoz.. cuz thurs hb not bringing me there so dun want to bring big bag.. Maybe will try to feed her 1st b4 leaving the hse.. hehe

Date: 7 Jan 2010 (Thurs)
Venue: Kuishinbo @ Suntec
Time : 12pm
Reservation: Jane Ong

1. Superwalker
2, Jane
3. Sporty
4. momo mummy
5. BabyLele (KIV)
6. dingdong
7. ariesgal (KIV)
8. jeelomeelo (KIV)
9. shirlin
10. swanston
11. momoko
12. Kimifin
13. Zentan

shirlin, yes i did enjoyed myself...ate like more than 15 pieces of salmon sashimi n baked oysters :p but my boobs were like rocks!!! yes yes since ut hb on leave n ur mil so enthu, juz go dating!!
happy.gif
yes yes, its thurs ... see ya then!

wow seems like there are more mummies going for next wk meetup. so sad i'm gonna miss it.

Superwalker organise another after this again ok?

saintbaby, went for cheap buffet @ sakura...the sashimi very fresh...i juz whack tha n the baked prawns/oysters etc...lol

1. Superwalker
2, Jane
3. Sporty
4. momo mummy
5. BabyLele (KIV)
6. dingdong
7. ariesgal (KIV)
8. jeelomeelo (KIV)
9. shirlin
10. swanston
11. momoko
12. Kimifin
13. Zentan
14. chriszinc (KIV)

Sporty/jane, do you think Kuishinbo will let me in and join u gals if i dun eat at all??
Coz i can only whack cucumber and pickle sushi not sashimi so a bit bo hua to pay so much..heh

sporty
i like sakura.. i always like their sashimi and prawns! but i got to stay away from seafood.. for 100 days after giving birth.. so can't eat prawns, oysters..
sad.gif

chriszinc, ok sure...will check for u when we make reservations lor
happy.gif

saintbaby,yeah...the other food are so so nia but eat sashimi already wu hua le :p u really very guai, practise tha so strictly
happy.gif

1. Superwalker
2, Jane
3. Sporty
4. momo mummy
5. BabyLele (KIV)
6. dingdong
7. ariesgal (KIV)
8. jeelomeelo (KIV)
9. shirlin
10. swanston
11. momoko
12. Kimifin
13. Zentan
14. Sponge

1. Superwalker
2, Jane
3. Sporty
4. momo mummy
5. BabyLele (KIV)
6. dingdong
7. ariesgal (KIV)
8. jeelomeelo (KIV)
9. shirlin
10. swanston
11. momoko
12. Kimifin
13. Zentan
14. chriszinc (KIV)
15. Ayukie (TBC)

chriszinc> i m tinkin of asking everyone to go for the 60 min "feast" since can save 6 bucks and maybe if u don wanna eat and IF they "don allow" u can join us for coffee/ desserts after tht?
happy.gif

ok, let me rearrange the list...

1. Superwalker
2, Jane
3. Sporty
4. momo mummy
5. BabyLele (KIV)
6. dingdong
7. ariesgal (KIV)
8. jeelomeelo (KIV)
9. shirlin
10. swanston
11. momoko
12. Kimifin
13. Zentan
14. chriszinc (KIV)
15. sponge
16. ayukie (KIV)

anymore mummies keen?! add ur name in
happy.gif
come with or w/o bbs...
happy.gif

1. Superwalker
2, Jane
3. Sporty
4. momo mummy
5. BabyLele (KIV)
6. dingdong
7. ariesgal (KIV)
8. jeelomeelo (KIV)
9. shirlin
10. swanston
11. momoko
12. Kimifin
13. Zentan
14. chriszinc (KIV)
15. sponge
16. Ayukie (TBC)

Shirlin, sorry abt the similac.. hee..me kiasee lah..dun dare let bb try diff powder..

mummies pro wif slings, can put up a short idiots' guide up here for me pls? or someone mentioned a video..where is that found pls?

sporty> we always telepathy. *winks

shirlin> can tell from yesterday's lunch ur husb very sweet to u
happy.gif
i suggest to bring 2 bottles of ebm. better safe than sorry!
happy.gif

chriszinc, hahha...ya lor, u empty their desserts section lor! heheh :p btw u are veg becuz of health reasons or religion? wanna kno how to use slings ah, bring ur sling lor...show u next thurs! *trying to lure u to come to gathering* LOL

jane, ya man :p *winks*

chriszinc: Aiya.. no prob! I shld be the one to feel paisei.. nv tell you properly den made u come all the way to my place and end up wrong type.. Tks for the glass bottles lehz.. gd use for me.. hee..

jane: Hehe.. hai hao la.. but he was real nice yday to jus wait ard the area while i enjoyed myself with you girls.. Anw, i was thinking if i bring 2 bottles of ebm.. both only can keep for 4hrs.. I sure waste 1 bottle right?? unless she wants her nxt feed within 2 hrs.. wonder if i shld bring 1 btl of ebm and prepare 1 serving of FM instead..

shirlin, whahhaha me not pro la...i only kno how to put bb in and i try not to touch what i already "fixed" on the sling! anywyas i switching to carrier soon once bb's neck more firm!! oh ya, ur hb looks very young...like u...!

sporty: No lehz.. i see the way you sling your girl super steady.. mine like still not so comfy.. and yup,i wanna switch to carrier too..easier den sling.. =)

And yup.. alot of ppl commented tt he look young.. Lol! And i dun look young la.. sometimes i find tt i look older den him.. ahhhhhhh~~~

shirlin, mine is play cheat one cuz i adjusted swee swee everytime before i go out and i never adjust it back! u also look young leh, both of u dun look like parents...look like skooling kids...heheh

chriszinc> my sling came with a video cd. urs din? the key is to pull and make taut.
happy.gif
ya, ask sporty show u. kekeke

shirlin> if u decide to stay out longer to shop or what or din manage to feed her with u then tht bottle of ebm will come in 'handy'. or if u feed fm then bring one serving lo, then when leaving the restaurant then u 'pao' it stdby. better to waste milk then risk a screaming bb!!!

sporty: Haha!! Maybe tts why ppl always look at us when we carry baby out ba.. They must be thinking how come this 2 students got baby liaoz.. Lol! and my sling always take out fully when reach home de.. gg to use den 'fix' again..yours is the cotton one right?

jane: Hmm..in tt case i bring 2 btl of ebm n 1 FM serving ba.. hot water not gg to bring.. can borrow from you mummies?? hehe.. If not i end up bring alot of things again..

jane, wei...dun advertise saying i will demo how to use sling...i also agar agar one, not pro ok! haha

shirlin, ya la...maybe pple think u 2 shotgun marriage becuz u 2 looked so young :p i dun take out my sling fully when i reached home, i juz left it like tha...will take out when i wash it...mine is sateen one...think thas what its called... aiya, hot water can always get from restuarant!!

jane: Can can.. can put on 30days credit?? Haha.. like tt everytime we meet.. i rent your MY MELODY cup n hot water la.. end of 30days I 1 shot pay you back.. Lol!!

ayukie> u can sit 'special' seat tht day too. *sporty *winks, pte joke.

sporty> Orh, yes ma'am. DISCLAIMER HOR.

Shirlin> no credit but got PACKAGE lah. next thurs u pay me $6 first. plus $5 deposit not refundable. i will issue u a 'card' each time u use my cup, i will stamp.
happy.gif
collect 10 stamps to get 1 free use
happy.gif

Back