(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

My boy 1 year old liao not sure CIO will work. but when he infant, he always cry during night time due to bad colic. He's crying is like thunder whole family scare of him. Dont know if I have the brave heart to try CIO on him now.

Sporty: Yr girl very good leh. can sleep all the way
Bidosoh: at least yr girl willing to sleep thru with milk. Mine give milk also no sleep well. Mayb he insecure as after birth I had bad infection so almost 1 month no strength care for him. All cared for by helper & confinement aunty

Cljl - Hope yr girl gets well soon. Mayb go see a doctor see got anything to apply to help de swell fast

Shers, I buy from a GP at Clementi. It's Lee Clinic near Botak John, near the MRT station. I PM you the address later..

Velo, yes, it was introduced by ICAC. subsequently I found it at the GP. Probiotics can be taken daily on long term basis. No problem one.

Cljl, think u are not in my fb leh... Anyway, hope ur gal's bump will diminish soon.
happy.gif

Sporty, she's ok lah... 10 kg now, still within acceptable range. Just that she just doesn't want porridge. Start to get fussy liao...

shers, i get mine from NTUC, but four seasons has them too.

sporty, i love polliwogs too. both my Js taking Gain, but I don't notice any bubbles or foam at the end lei.
wa, kong ba pau ar, super lei. LOL.

taurus, you are not alone, i am always watching out for crusty nose or any bad breath from them. As either one usually suggest that they are falling sick soon. So got to go tui na, take yang sen or lao han guo with ju hua.

Good news, my girl is successfully sleep train tonight. She managed to sooth herself to sleep. So happy for her. I bring her tui na this morning, then send her to MIL after that. She slept 3 hour nap straight. PIL are so happy and surprise too, then take nap in the late afternoon for 1.5 hours. Tonight sleep at her usual time.

I guess CIO really improve their sleeping quality. I am glad I tried it again. First day is the toughest and must 'ren'. 2nd and subsequent days i go easy on her. However she already understand the message I am sending.

Congrats, bidosoh! I'm still quite reluctant to use CIO leh... Now my gal does sooth herself to sleep at night, but with me lying outside the cot... Hee... I know it is bad habit, but I think I would want to do it slowly bah... Tonight she managed to sleep within 15mins after her milk! Sleeping at 9.30pm is an improvement! :p

velo, i learnt the hard way for #1, thas why #2 i trained her v early n never looked back! haha

peipei, 10kg is v good lor... my gal still haven reached 10kg yet...

mbj, yah...so far i think polliwogs one of the best as its really cleaner lor :p i think the bubbles were caused by her nuk bottle la...after drinking sure have alot of "foam" left, macham she drinking capacinno like tha!

bidosoh, good tha ur gal can sleep train successfully tonite and u will have a good nite's rest!

Sporty, my girl is drinking Gain IQ and nope, there aren't any foams or bubbles in the milk/bottle. In fact I think Gain IQ dissolves more easily than similac.

Pei Pei, not bad leh..Chloe is already 10kg. Amanda is 8.9kg only. But already I can't carry her for long. BTW, i used to lie on the day bed next to my baby's cot to accompany her to sleep. I think it's super troublesome and I rather go out and watch TV :p So what I did was that one fine day, about 15 mins before her bedtime, I asked her if she wants milk. She pull out her pacifier and replied "neh neh!" so I quickly give her milk and after that told her goodnight. She waved goodnight to the dog and my hubby so that's a good sign. I just change her diapers and put her in her cot, on the fan, off the lights and left the room. She didn't make any noise and in fact fall asleep on her own within minutes! I've been doing the same routine every night and it has been working like a charm (touch wood first in case I jinx it)!!

Bidosoh, I've never been to Polliwogs and can join you next Wed. Let's confirm again nearer to Wed, ok?

Moms who have brought their babies to fidgets and polliwogs, etc., if my baby still can't walk, is it any fun for him at such places?

I went to peekaboo once. All the other kids were much bigger and rowdy, it was quite restrictive for him, I found.

I'd like your opinions. Thanks!

Sporty, u sure ur gal not 10kg yet?! She looks like she's much heavier than my gal... Hmm... Is it my weighing machine got problem?? Yesterday I weighed her, she is 10.3kg.

Ashley, I like your method! Haha... No crying... Now I'm trying to teach Chloe this leh. But seems like the moment she sees me walk out of her room, she will cry for me. Sigh... But I realize it only happens before she goes to bed. In the middle of the night, she's fine. She will fall asleep herself after I walk out...

Im keen to go Polliwogs too!! But not on leave on Wed leh... Next Friday on leave though, but thinking of going to the Zoo. Hee...

Morning Pei Pei! Maybe you try to ignore her cries and see how. She may get used to you leaving the room very soon and can fall asleep on her own. This is what happened to my girl!

I'm thinking of going to the zoo too...have asked my hubby to get hold of his corporate pass for the zoo! hehehe...I want free entry!

topic on falling asleep on own:
I guess I find it hard to train, when he rub eyes and look really sleepy, we give milk(though try to delay time), after milk, he is like as active as ever, so have to tone him down and accompany him to sleep by patting...
anyone experience this?

Velo, Thanks! yesterday night I saw, bump still left a bit and then has 1 line of bruise which could be the scratch frm the table. hopefully it will go off soon...

Pei Pei, my fb add is [email protected]

weight: my girl only 8.5kg leh... seems like the lightest here.... but her fd intake not little leh... but pd say growing fine so i assume shld be ok...

slp : my gal nw needs 30 mins to 45 mins before she slps.. she will toss and tun, stand up, walk ard the rm then i will go round catch her to the bed then she finally slp.. but lucky thing is she slps thru till next morning 7am...

sporty,
thks for the infor but still dunno can be in time to meet the mummies.

peipei,
My girl last time also needs me to sit beside her cot then she can sleep but for her i failed with CIO as she's too strong headed and i started late. u know what she did, she jumped out of her cot to our bed beside her cot and was standing at the kitchen entrance looking at me when i was in the kitchen. I was really shocked. In the end it was when we changed her to a single bed then she slept on her own. So its better to start training as early as possible, ur girl will be easier to train.

My boy's tempremant changed after i put the safety gate at the kitchen entrance. kept crying when i went to the kitchen and during bedtime didn't want to sleep till i carry him out for a while. Took out the gate so see if today he will be back to himself.

ashley, think the gain iq bubbles could be caused by her nuk bottle lor... amanda is a good gal, she can self sooth and sleep by herself! zoo is fun!! we juz signed up for zoo membership last week when we went! hehe

kanelmo, there's a toddler corners at these places, so if ur bb can crawl and climb...shd be quite fun also... but try to go like weekdays or weekend mornings where there is less crowd lor

peipei, yes she is not 10kg yet even tho she looked like 1...she's abt 9.7kg ba...hope u can sleep train chloe soon!!

taurus, if u can...meet the gals lor since turf city not too far away frm ur place...

cljl, ur gal dun look like 8kg plus lor...

PeiPei, me also thinking of going to the zoo. Zoo is near our home. Just 15 minutes drive. However so sian to get the corporate pass. can only send the application on one specific date monthly. Then need to travel all the way down to the main office to collect and return. Like Sporty, i am considering buying the family pass. At least we have four person, more hua suan.

Lit H is 10.2kg at 9months. However at 12 months she is only 10.6kg. She still feel the same, not much difference. Her weight is increasing slower and slower. I think she lost weight instead, as she is more active nowadays.

BTW, I also don't know what to cook for her other than porridge with fish, meat and veg. Can see in fb that some other mummies are so innovative and super on.

cljl, hahah...cant be la...anyways heavy or light, most impt its healthy!

bidosoh, i dun have the luxury of corporate pass! thas why now more wu hua to sign up as my boy's above 3 yrs old liao... if we go as a family its 20+20+12= 58 a trip...so if we go more than 4 times a year its v wu hua le!! moreover, the zoo's v near to our hse!
happy.gif

hey since there are several mummies interested in going to the zoo and some of us have corporate passes, interested in gathering to go together? my office has 2 corporate passes and i can see if i can get both which will allow 8 pax -

bidosoh, wahh ur H is of good weight!
happy.gif
my gal's weight also stagnant for awhile but the PD never say anything and she seems the usual so i am not v concerned la... i would also wanna try cooking other things for her as well but think for the time being, porridge is the easiest lor cuz usually i cook before i go to work everyday...

adelynn, i dun mind! when when?

sporty,
So do u blend ur girl's porridge or the ingredients? I try not to blend once but my boy's doesn't like the texture. Btw in fidgets where do u place ur bags or belongings? Think their growth will slow down at this age.

taurus, all along i dun blend her porridge... no time to and also i want her to learn how to chew... now she chews quite well, so the porridge is almost like rice (teochew porridge styled)...i cannot rem whether fidgets got lockers or not...usually i will leave my bags near me or at the cafe area, which is v near to the babies play area...

But at first will she get choked? My boy just swallow so got choked a few times. Teo chew style is like watery type?

Taurus, ur gal power leh. How old was she then? But my gal also very strong headed. Think she can cry for hours if I do the CIO sleep training. Hmm...

Bidosoh, sporty, so good! Ur hse near the zoo. My hse used to be near too, until I marry my hb. Boo.... Haha....

I can try to get the passes too. Don't need to beg my colleague, as he owned me 1. Heee....

Which day, i need to book in advance.

Peipei,
That time i think it was before she turned 2 yr old. Even now also very strong headed, difficult to teach. I think that time she hated the cot cause no freedom, maybe she dun like the enclosed feeling.

adelynn, icic...i am fine with weekdays too but dec cant lor cuz my colleagues'turn to go on leave! hee... i have my own pass, so u see who wanna go and try to get pass for them...

taurus, she's ok leh...no signs of choking yet...teo chew style means can see the whole rice grain...abit like rice in soup kind...

peipei, move back here lor! so u will be nearer to the zoo! :p

Taurus, I can see that my gal will be like yours!! Sigh....

Btw, I just received my Ergo carrier! Tried it with my gal and she loved it!! Think she like the back carry style... After I pit her down, she kept wanting me to wear the carrier again. Haha... But it really feels different from baby bjorn. I love it!

Peipei,
My girl is very extreme one, dun think ur girl would be like her lah. Another stunt she did was jumped out of her booster seat when i already strapped her. And the strap was still intact when she got out of it, till now i still wonder how she did it. For Ergo carrier, I feel that baby posture is a bit awkward with the front carrying but haven't try the back carry yet.

Ashley,
You can buy from supermarkets or even the BP organised here with brands like Bellamy's.....

Taurus, hope ur gal is easier to manage now. The back carry for ergo is quite comfortable too. Maybe u could try it.

Sporty, I wish I could. Sigh....

To all who are interested to go Zoo, I might be going next Friday, subject to availability of the free pass from my office. If u are keen to join, let me know. Maybe we can make some arrangement.
happy.gif

My boy still wakes 2 x yesterday night...yawnz despite playing out almost hald a day! I no heart to try the CIO. :p

BTW, nice seeing some of the mummies & babies @ Polliwogs! Its a nice place, nicer then Peekaboo i feel as more area for babies to crawl and tubmble also feel cleaner.

PeiPei, Chloe allows U to carry her in baby carrier so good. Ian refuse any carrier since small. Only occassional can carry him in sling.

Wow Taurus your daughter is a true magician. Her escape tactic very good. Must be so amazing & cute when U find her out of cot or seat!
happy.gif

Helo mummies, long time no post here.
I am so tired. Bb is sick leh.. So sad.
Last year this time.. She is also sick n hospitalized..
December season is the flu bug season!

Bb is 10.7 kg now.. Think abt 78 cm. She is nearly half of my height liao..

MBJ, Velo, too bad I can't join you ladies yesterday. As my hb refuse to drive too far. He has exams today, so don't want to tired himself out.

We still went to Fidgets. The playground wasn't that fantastic in my opinion. However, I find the playscape very suitable for my kids. Wasn't the advanturous type of layout and my kids aren't that advanturous too. So very suitable for them. They enjoy it tremedously. Especially my girl, though she can only crawl, she refused to be carried in Fidgets. Always wanted to be in the playscape. She can play on her own, even she is the only one there she will try to crawl, climb the steps, turn the beads (at the playscape for 2 year and below), etc... While we were sipping our coffee. My boy on the other wanted us to be with him. Both kids are so tired when we left the place and fell asleep in the car.

Definately wanted to go Polliwogs next Wednesday. Hope that some mummies and babies are free to join too.

Starrz, Lit K is a big girl leh. Hope Lit K recover soon.

Actually if that is the case, next year Dec you have to be extra careful. I also find this pattern in my boy's case. He is prone to illness during CNY time and June. If I am extra careful, may be avoided

sporty: i cant go in Dec too, just came back from 2.5week leave
sad.gif
Jan okay for you?

Ashley: you keen to go in Jan? As for BB pasta, can get bellamy's brand. They are available at SuperNature & Four Seasons.

Bidosoh: you okay with Jan?

Starz: I hope she's feeling better

Back