(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

re: Kindermusik Trial

mummies, please note the following from KM admin:
1) It is compulsory for adults to wear socks in the class.
2) It is optional for the babies to wear socks but wear something comfortable as our air-conditioner is centralized and sometimes the class is cold.

I've requested to allow 2 adults into the class since this is a private trail and here's their reply
sad.gif

Our company policy is only one accompany adult, you can take pictures before the class starts or from outside as the class room door is a glass door.
If both mommy and daddy go to the class, the baby might be distracted.

Regarding payment, no worries, you can pass to me on the trial date itself. Vin & PY, you can pass to me too.
happy.gif

Shugar : so pretty, thanks a lot

JG class : hmm dancing n singing, need to re-think about that

Ting : what trial that the one near jurong? Is that also singing n dancing?

Cake : I got mine from jakarta, my sister will bring the cake with her when she's going to sing for the bday. But quite worried something happens while the cake is on the way. I need 2nd plan for the back up. Maybe just got a normal cake from a normal cake shop on the day itself. My sis is coming the night before. Any suggestion for this ready to buy cake?

LNT:

I made an enquiry and they got back to me pretty fast! Please see below for more details! Anyone free to go down w me this sun afternoon after the KM trial to find out more? Please indicate your interests so I can arrange and also try to see if can neg for better rates or not.

LETTER FROM LNT:

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in the Little Neuro Tree programme.

Little Neuro Tree is the first neuro-linguistic brain development programme in Singapore specially catered for children from age 3 months to 5 years old. It is a unique tri-lingual programme using brain stimulation technologies to build knowledge, confidence and love for learning. This is a skill-based programme which helps your child to learn and trains 15 skill sets. Classes are conducted in English, Chinese and Japanese (in any order) for 4 consecutive cycles in a term. This is a one-parent accompanied programme, one term consists of 12 weeks and each lesson is 1 hour long. Course fees are as follows:
Weekday (Thursday or Friday) classes @ $550 per term of 12 weeks
Weekend (Saturday or Sunday) classes @ $600 per term of 12 weeks
An annual membership fee of $50 applies.

Attached is the brochure of the Little Neuro Tree programme for your reference please. We are located at 135 Gateway Road #04-355 (above NTUC Fairprice opposite Jurong East MRT station).

Activities are conducted in a fun and enjoyable manner for the children such that they will think they are playing. Through play, children learn faster and better without themselves realising it.

You can visit us at the following time slots this week to understand more about the programme as well as how it can benefit your child:

Saturday (September 11)
1.  10:00 am
2.  11:30 am
3.  1:00 pm
4.  3:00 pm
5.  4:30 pm

Sunday (September 12)
1.  3:00 pm
2.  4:30 pm

Please let us know which time slot you will be attending so that we know when to expect you.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Lim Wee Ming
Little Neuro Tree (Jurong East)
Tel : 6560 7050
Fax : 6561 7050
Email : [email protected]

I am going at 3pm this sun to understand the program n how it can benefit my baby. Anyone wanna join?

Angelina: it's a brain stimulating class which I tot my bb is really now, can train for memory etc. Different from KM. KM teaches rhythms and tones and sounds and beats etc thru fun play, singing n dancing. Haha I tot my child can go for that later but can go for brain training now. Lol wanna go with me??

re: LNT

Ting>> sunday going down to understand more, but it not the trial right? any idea if they conduct trial? might join you if time permits...
happy.gif

Cat02: not trial... unless they like try out the activities with my bb for like 10 mins i also shiock! hahahahaha... i am going to nego with them if we can have any "specials" if i can gather a certain number of babies to attend class together.. i think very lil babies in one class only though.. see how bah! update u all again.

<font color="0000ff">Ting
aaahh.... Sun aft i'll be at my mum's place already, so can't go with u. I'll prob drop by on Sat 10am if everything goes well. juz to take a peep at the place
happy.gif

Jamie
noted
happy.gif
</font>

Shugar: The collage is nice.. Thank u.. Appreciate your hardwork.. :D

Ting: I can provide you abit of advance info abt LNT as my boy is already attending (at Tampines). Max size of class will be 6. From my view, I find that it will be good if can get like 6 mummies from here to join so that all babies will be of the same age and think can have better time slots. My boy is in a class of babies born in different month ranging from Jan o9 to Oct 09. And time slots I can't really choose the slot that I wanted because they want to group the babies of almost the similar age together.. Hope it helps..
happy.gif

Wah! Just when I decided to sign with GUG this LNT comes along and NEARER!

Esther: Since you have attended GUG and LNT, what's the different really?

jadebelle>>> cheese? hmm.. im not sure abt starting her on diary so soon.. she has not touched any diary till now.. i feed nuts every day n peanut butter which i think is fattening and its apparently good fats.. not sure..

i went for kindermusik trial.. think it's probably one of the more suitable ones for baby at this age.. wats JG all about? is it like GUG?

<font color="0000ff">Laughing Cow Cheese

Mummies, i've finally gotten a response and am gonna do a mini bulk purchase so opening it up to anyone of u here who might be interested. They are not supposed to sell to consumers, hence I can't really open this up. Will just share this good lobang with my Oct mummy friends
happy.gif

They have a whole range of pdts, but those tat i'll be getting are as follows:

Belcube (Green) - 24 cubes per pack
4468829.jpg

Mixed flavours of original + tomato + ham flavor

Cheese Dippers - 5 packets per pack
4468830.jpg

Belcube (original flavour) - 24 cubes per pack
4468831.jpg

Do PM me if you are interested for the prices. But just a guide, the original cheese is about $1 cheaper den NTUC for every pack</font>

wow.. nuts everyday? i thought nuts were supposed to be 1 of those highly allergenic food? dairy products also quite fattening, you may like to try?

1yo bday
Anyone intend to celebrate the lunar birthday? Any idea how to find out when is the lunar birthdate based on the western date?
Also, i hear some people make their 1yo stand on giant 'ang ku kuehs'.. any idea for what dialect group is this culture? heh..

jadebelle>> yes, i know its highly allergic but i also read that if we haf no family history of allergy then shd b ok.. so i too the risk lor.. n so far 2 mths alr.. she has eaten loads of nuts.. so far so good.. but no increase in weight though! when is ur boy's lunar bday? i can check it out for u.. my dad wanted to celebrate my girl's bday on the lunar date but i told him nowadays nobody do that le la.. if wanna celebrate jus sth simple in the family...

i tried to go JG website to take a look but they dun seem to give much info on their stuff.. wats is the focus?

jadebelle
i think Hokkiens does it. My MIL is teochew and she said we dun need to follow hence skip this for my son, so naturally will skipped it for RN as well.

RE: bdae cake
Ting, tell me abt it! I oso haven settle this. When is KD's bdae? sigh... i am getting stressed till my eczema is breaking out on my finger &amp; perimeter of my lips. argh!
yep, PG &amp; ecreative might hv the prices u r looking at. i was oso considering these 2 places but still working out the budget nw. Thing abt PG (i used it for my son's 1st bdae) - u might get heart attack if u wan customised design tt is not available in their usual catalogue. be prepared. but if u chose sthg in their catalogue, shld b fine. their cakes r delicious! al lot of guests still rem the cake till tdy.
happy.gif

RE: JG @ Evans
Its really super long queue. My son attended 1 term there b4. Quite fun. my hubby &amp; I took terms to go in. I feel they r quite well organised.
happy.gif

Astro
ur idea of the next collage sounds great!
happy.gif
will b so cute!

Shugar
Thks 4 the lovely collage once again. bet it muz hv been a breeze 4 u doing tt.
happy.gif
I was trying to spot the 'gummiest' baby! hahaha.

Tien: GUG and LNT are two different things. LNT is a spin off from schichida. They do right brain training which in turn help to develop the entire brain (their claim is that we all use a lot of logic and hence predominately left brain).. so they do photographic memory.. spatial , puzzles etc..

GUG on the other hand is not right brain training. They do more on developing creativity and linguistic skills. More similar to JG

Ting: they dun have the trial for 10 monutes one.. u could see what they do.. their trial is a package of 3 lessons at $180. one in chinese, one in english and one in Japanese.

ILMM: La vache qui rit has salt wor.in fact salt is an essential ingredients in curing cheese.
http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser/Cheese/Cheese_5_gallons/CHEESE_5gal_00.htm
so salt is already inherent in cheese. there isn't a 'salt free' cheese per se. perhaps only low sodium cheese.
http://healthyheartmarket.com/lowsodiumcheeselowsodiummeatslowsodiumbreads.aspx

nonetheless i am getting the cheese dips. for Bao, not bally
happy.gif
can pm me the prize?
alternatively, u could just put a page on google group and have the orders consolidated there?
happy.gif

JRRT: heh..

re items for the lunar birthday. i used to do it for teng. but i forgot liao. must go and dig up the video clips to see what the items were.. bao chosen hong bao last time :p

bbturn: u are ritght about checking the cause of possible allergy in ur family before feeding ur girl but i think there is no need to feed her peanut butter on a daily basis. .. (just in case).. try avocado instead?

Jrrt: heh .. good idea? :p i thought it would be a v meaningful collage to have snaps shot of the ddiferent bbs on the actual day they turn one
happy.gif

Ginger: brands? any sorts..:p cheese itself is processed.. meaning it is derived from milk.. so i dun quite understand 'processed' cheese?
i buy those already shredded kind. coz i lazy.. can buy those in blocks kind.. and grate urself too.. nice! :p

astro>> yes.. i feed her avocado as well. anything which is apparently good fat i tried alr.. avocadoes, nuts.. i even tried coconut! haha..she has a really high fat diet daily.. peanut butter i use for her supper cos its like a dessert for her.. she seems to like it..

ting>> LNT so far away for me leh.. do they have any other more centralised location?
and im ordering from PG for belle's bday too! wun regret buying their cake i feel.. or you may want to buy a slice of their cakes and try..
happy.gif

shugar / tien >> oops sorry, my sister's baby is not gg to have a lot of hand-me-downs coz im keeping them for my 2nd kid.. my sister is not that kind who knows how to upkeep and cherish good things and i really dunno how to pass her my things and expect her to pass them back to me in good condition and let my 2nd/3rd/4th kid to wear them. coz the clothes will not come back in good condition..
sad.gif

astro: i bought kraft processed cheddar cheese block but now having second thoughts coz i dun rmber seeing the word "processed" on the grated cheese packets. the reason why i din buy the grated types coz either they dun have grated cheddar cheese or i dun recognise the brand. now dat u mention all cheese will contain sodium, i m relieved
happy.gif

Tien: In LNT, all the babies are seated on the chair with one parent sitting behind them. The teacher will then carry out various activities such as flash cards, singing, photographic memory. The teachers are quite fast in changing from one activity to another as the babies attention are very short. LNT is more of brain training, whereas GUG gives me a feeling sort of like pre-school.

Can say like tuition centre and school, that's how i feel.

Astro and Esther: Thanks for the info. on LNT. Hmmm Astro, the moment you mentioned 'shichida' I suddenly feel a bit cautious. Not sure I want to make her do that. And paisay, the suaku me actually thought that GUG has right brain training. For a moment, I taught I have misunderstood the whole concept of right brain training! Honestly, I have been a long term skeptic of the 'shichida' method. I know it was popular for a while but I see many pulling out of it because as parent, we also need to practise with them constantly. In other words, class was just to teach the parents how to reinforce not so much on impacting the kids. Of course, I am not sure how LNT work. I am talking about the actual Shichida school. My auntie sent her girl there for a while but decided to go JG totally.

Nonetheless, if there's a trial, it's worth a try.

But then, Esther, are the teachers engaging enough? I personally fee, esp after all the trials, Kay will behave if the teachers are engaging and entertaining. Did you go for trial before signing Faegan up for it?

Actually I am almost on the verge of signing GUG because of the fact that they do phonics and JG is not available for now. Think many parents do this. Start lessons with GUG then put themselves on waiting list for JG. Honestly, because both hb and myself noticed that Kay was making many many sounds after that trial. We are wondering if it's coincidence or really the effect of that one session, so decided to join them for a few sessions to see how it goes.

Doubt hb will be willing to go for another trial (in fact he already told me enough is enough). Maybe shall wait for more feedback from you ladies before considering LNT.

MIe: LNT has many branches! One in parkway and one in Tampines where Esther is going! Just that cannot join class with the rest, I guess.

Tien: I find LNT like tuition centre. Haha. :D

The teachers quite engaging, even if the babies are not listening they will have a bell to shake to catch the babies attention then they will faster continue.

Ya I went for the trial and faegan's reaction gave me the green light to sign up. ;)

tien: i feel like signing up for gug too, since I don't talk much at home. I try to speak to Elgin in Mandarin, but my Mandarin cannot really make it. My FIL speaks English, but I don't like his pronunciation at times.

I can bring him for weekday lessons, so now I'm just thinking whether to go Novena sq or mountbatten.

So, with the lesson, at least I know that he is absorbing something.

And are you refering to the gug trial that Kay is making a lot of sounds? Elgin has been saying 'tear tear tear' and other sounds constantly this week. Maybe there is a link, or something.

Mie: yes! LNT I think tampines have also! U can go to their website to see. Haha, for mine, I can jus walk over leh. Save on my parking! Did I read 2nd, 3rd, 4th kid?? Woots! U need to get preggie NOW!! today I met a sales assistant preggie with her 3rd child n she is only 31! Her first child born when she's 27 leh!! Cool sia? How I wish too but..... Sigh!

Btw, wrt the LNT trial, Hee they replied me very fast. Ya, I prefer to go to the JE one, but the info can b share w all so if u wanna go for another outlet u can use the same info.
happy.gif

---------- reply fm LNT ---------

Hi Kene,

Thanks for your email.

Yes, you are most welcome to drop by this Sunday at 3 pm.

In response to your queries:

1.  There will be a maximum of 6 babies per class. For babies born in 2009 (I assume that your baby is born in 2009?), the maximum age range of babies in the class is 6 months. This means that a January 2009 baby cannot be in the same class as a December 2009 baby. A March 2009 baby can be in the same class as an August 2009 baby.

2.  A class can be formed if there are 2 children in the class. As long as we have empty slots and there are 2 children, a new class can be formed.

3.  We have a referral scheme in which the referror will get $20 off full-term course fees for each child referred into a full-term class.

Please feel free to contact us should you require any clarification.

Thank you and see you this Sunday!

Anyone interested in the LNT trial for JE outlet? I am not sure leh, trial will costs $60 per lesson. Whereas if u sign one term (12 lessons is $600) I shall ask them if after trial we like to sign up got rebate or not. Hmm, if possible, see who wanna join me to go there at 3pm to find out more abt their program.. Maybe it can help us decide more? Aiya preview can all go together if convenient and time permits. Then we can also sign up at different centers later? Eh.... Actually when KD was 3 mths old like that I brought him and roam into LNT. Ask them wat it all about and they kinda demonstrate to me a lil like 5 to 10 mins what kinda activities. There is a theme every lesson and will teach in English for 4 wks, then repeat in Chinese 4 wks and jap 4 wks or something like this. I can't rem exactly what are the activities but suddenly I recall after Astro mentioned abt LNT. After GUG, I feel that KD might have potential for right / left brain training and can start now ba. Good to help him improve memory etc lol. And I shall take the excuse to "practise" w him so no need to face the ILs so much. Muahahahaha.

Interested to go for preview this sun 3pm at JE
1) ting
2) cat02
3)Angelina, u want?
4) nlimm, u want?

p/s: I so bz asking this today, totally forgot abt contacting PG!! Lolx

Mie
u've decided to hv 4 kids alrdy? heee...
happy.gif

Astro
yes will def b v meaningful. the thread I was in, 1 mummy did a video montage of all the bubs wif their cakes! Nice!
happy.gif

Esther: haha really sound like tuition centre. Must pay attention kind. Eh think I will skip for now. Want to hv more fun with her. This one too much hm for me' haha

Glass: maybe there's correlation! My hb was so impressed by the sounds she made like 'cat' n 'dog' ( but she pronounces as 'dug') that very night. Now she trying the 'sh' sound. So he say ok to gug. Hey u wanna go Suntec one? I'm signing up for their classed although would prefer the novena one. Just that novena's traffic is a killer. Mountbatten is too boring. Nothing to shop around.

Astro: hey your idea sounds interesting. A "I am 1!" collage
happy.gif
hehehe....

RE: birthday cake. I'm getting from Pine Garden. they are charging $90 for a 2kg self designed cake. which i think is quite ok. and i know Pine garden's cake is quite good. Been having it for our birthdays for many years already, coz used to stay opp the shop! hehhehe

jRRt: the collage was fun to do! hehehe
happy.gif
I'm sure the next one will be too! already thinking of how it should look like
happy.gif

mie: wah.... #2, #3 and #4? hehehe... our gahmen wld love more parents like you to solve our population problem! :p

Tien, is yours on weekends?
The good thing about novena is I get to go to Bakerzin and eat warm chocolate cake. But if I have to go through the program 1 1/2 hours, too xiong for me. I think I'll just go and go home. So mountbatten is also ok, since if I take the highway, it's about the same distance (I think). and not so crowded. Looks big too.

But I'm just talking only. My Mil told me not to go there, can't rem her reason, and my hubby, I haven't really discuss that.

Wah, so now Kay going for kindermusik and also gug? You got time meh?

Hi! Im back after some nasty things that happen in the house! Thanks mummies for your messages and sms... Im fine now! Everything is back to normal and Char is recovering well.... So am I!
happy.gif
But unfortunately, we have to miss some of the kids' parties.
sad.gif

10 Sept outing: Sorry gals... I got to skip this. Char just recovered and so hb doesn't like her to be in the sun.

KM trial: So sorry for not being able to follow through. Hope all of you have fun this coming Sun.
happy.gif

Tien: You are right to say that parents need to practise and reinforce the shichida at home with their kids. My own nephew was in it for some time too... until my sister becomes too lazy to do "homework". Btw, just to let you know that Charlotte won't be attending the KM this Sun and also for this semester. There will be 3 sessions that we'll missed after hb works out the schedule for his work and also we need the time for home furnishings. So after 1 big round, hb still decided to stop for this sem but we will go back the next sem. Hopefully there'll still be a place for her at that timing. But we will go for 2 makeup sessions during this sem so may still see you.

Astro/Pigsy: Will you be going to the LNT at Toa Payoh for LNT trial? Im interested but Jurong seems very far...

Shugar: Thanks for the beautiful collage!
happy.gif

Mie: U want 4??!! Wah!! Very courageous! *Clap! Clap*

Glass: yep going for the weekend 'parents and babes' program. Thinking of the sat one. Time wise, since it's weekend I think it's ok. Cos gug will be accompanied by me' and KM by my hubby. We both feel that it's not so much on making Kay learn. It's like spending quality time with her learning something together with her. So it helps in bonding as well. Anyway, since my hb ok-ed it, I just jump on it. Anyway for gug, it's only left with 5/6 lessons and it's pro-rated rate. No harm trying. The only prob is we haven't signed becos there are many things cropping up in the weekends to come. So kinda dilly dally-ing.

So, you r taking up the gifted babes program lah! That one I can't. Would love to do the class with mandarin. But still working so impossible. Sigh... I so want to be sahm.

Candy_white: good go know char is fine now. Must hv been tiring for u.

That's a pity that Char and Kay can't be classmate in KM. Guess hv to make do with meeting u guys during your make
Up classes. As for the following sem, will hv to see how it goes. Might or might not cont. Shall see how Kay is taking it. Surely we will hv other opportunities to meet!

Mie: hahah now everyone knows u want 4 kiddos!! *applause applause* for your bravery! Actually me' too, wanted 4 initially. But after Kay, I wanted to stop at 1. Now Bo bian, cos of accident, gonna hv 2. If ever I want a 3/4, I must strike it rich first.

Anyway speaking of #2, I'm gonna to go detailed scan later. Hopefully gender will be known although I kinda hv a feeling what gender it is.

oh my father side is hokkien, so many i'll order the ang ku kueh thing just for fun..
happy.gif

babytum.. agree with astro on no need to feed nuts daily cuz it's kind of heaty.. and it's always not very good to eat a certain food overly.. eat in moderate.. maybe can try high carbo food and high fat food alternate days.. carbo also turn into fats..

ooh agree that pg cake is really nice! but i'm also considering whether to go for this really nice cake or those fanciful sugar coated cartoon characters cake..

yesterday brought bb to pd dr oh and i asked about cheese.. pd says wait until 1 yo leh.. i think i won't try the laughing cow cheese until another month then..

another thing to check, what is the typical schedule of your babes now? pd says my babe is not drinking enough milk, ask to increase 1 more feed.. feeling quite guilty now..
sad.gif

tien, good luck! hope bb cooperate.. let us know if your feeling is correct or not!
happy.gif

Tien, do keep us posted on the result of your detail scan..... Really excited for you!!!
Yes, you are right if we want to have more kids. The first condition is we have to be riches..... Cos I am speaking from my experience that I have 3 kids and now kind of struggle with our financial..... Sometimes, I feel regret to have the 3rd kid....

shugar
PG is relatively affordable. But i've read abt some mums whom kena heart attacks coz the cake turned out totally different fr wat they wanted. For my son's 1st bdae cake, it turned out to be wat i wanted and i was v happy with the way they did up the cake.
So I guess it all depends on luck.
happy.gif

So fast u alrdy hv idea wat to do for the nxt collage! But still muz wait till end of nxt mth to collate all. Sam's the 1st bdae boy in this thread rite?
happy.gif

Jadebelle
mine taking abt 3-4 feeds of ebm when i am at work. Other than tt, she latches directly once i'm back home.

Rough guide:
8am - 150ml ebm
10.30/11am - 1 bowl of porridge
12.30-1pm (b4 nap) - 100/120 ml ebm
3.30/4pm - 120/150 ebm (depends on her mood if she wanna finish)
6.30pm - 1 bowl of porridge
thereafter, she will latch b4 bedtime and wakes up for feed ard 2-3 times a nite.

I know babies of our age shld b on 3 solids a day liao. but i haven introduce her to breakfast coz she hates cereals. dunno wat else to give.

Joyce
Outing is still on. Juz thinking wat will happen if it rains? Not trying to b a wet blanket here but my MIL said that it will always rain during Hari Raya. Guess we'll find out tmrw!

Tien
excited for u too! I'm guessing its a boy coz u dun look like u r pregnant at all.
happy.gif

Candy white
No chance to meet u and charlotte again. Hopefully soon!
happy.gif

Tien: It's indeed very tiring for the household last week. But glad everything is over! Cos other than C having mild fever after taking jabs, this d 1st time she fell so sick! So i was like手忙脚乱... not knowing how to handle. But i think i should be to better manage the situation if it happens again (*touch wood*).

Yup yup there wil b other opportunities to meet! Do let us knw your #2 gender and be happy for you!
happy.gif

jadebelle : how come ur pd say not enough milk? he asked about the feeding schedule? or? and don't feel guilty, you doing your best k? we adjust as baby grow and we adjust as we learn.

candy_white : aw... okay. no worries. we shall gather/meet again. You see so many 'coming' outings in the GOogle group :p. hehe.. I feel fortunate to join this group hehehe.. so fun
happy.gif

Joyce : Yes tomorrow's outing still on (As far as i know
happy.gif
) See you there! So far we got 3 mats. Now i don't know how many family going, plus minus i think 10 or 11?

Tien : time flies.
happy.gif
I also agree. hehe.. you don't look preggie le. so i'm also guessing its a boy. hehe :p

<font color="0000ff">Tien
so fast detailed scan?????? wah... so exciting for u...

Astro
thanks for the tips on cheese. i seriously have no idea manz.. so sorry if i misled anyone.

anyway, i've set up a page on google groups already. prices are stated there. Let me know</font>

Hai all, I'm at the gynae now to do some check up. Can't believe it's 12 weeks already

I'm hoping so that Tom won't rain so can go for the picnic

Miss all the moms n babes here

tien>> how? girl or boy? or twins? hehehehe

angel>> miss ya too! and josh! its been a long while since i saw him! love his bugs bunny teeth! 12 weeks, thats really fast hor! your edd is feb / march?

glass>> i hope im next to report for national duty! haha.. but haven been trying..
hope im next ok!

yes, my target and dream is to have 4.. its my dream la.. my far far away dream. i think i will end up with 2 nia..

tmr's picnic need to bring wad food? think tmr i will go NTUC to buy some snacks and four leaves bread to bring to the picnic.. i must rmb to freeze my packet drinks tonight..

actually is there any shelter? i scared later too warm and sunny then we all chao tar. i chao tar nvm, i dowan our babies chao tar!

Back