(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

famela: i just bought the Viska series (forgot how to spell) toddler bed from ikea for rayner.. he is sleeping on it now.. ikea has quite many for ur selection..

<font color="aa00aa">famela, hahha, ya, that's the word..i always wanna nua but can't, my dog loves to bark in the afternoon (karang guni horn). nowadays, baby is stretching i think, my ribs at left side very very sore feeling...can't rest well during the day and night.

Eh...getting ikea toddler bed? nice leh..hehe</font>

hippo
we r v similar here! When everything pisses me off, i need a victim to release my frustrations! Yeah, the stupid banker... i wld hv given it to him as well. Hopefully aft tt outburst, u feel better?

Diana
not everyone finds VE unpleasant, so relax when u hv one. really RELAX ok?
happy.gif
it'll make things easier.

astro
we too eng liao, think of things to wonder!
biggrin.gif

famela
juz get a tod bed fr ikea for adil lah. tts wat i planned to do for my son as well. Told him he is getting too big for the cot and needs to "upgrade". he's quite easy to coax so shld b no prob. Argh! need ti quickly get my butt moving. I am alrdy 35 wks but NOTHING is ready for her arrival yet!

diana: hope so lar.. must go and disturb her next time when she comes over and ask for loyalty discount and referal discount. hahahaha
happy.gif

yes, VERY oily!! and it will smell of the oil. i couldn't stand it so threw it out. cos you see when she massages you, first you lie on your back and she rub rub oil. then after that you turn then she massage your front. so the oil from the back goes onto the mattress. i buay tahan lar the oil. after she goes back, i usually use a dry cloth to wipe off the excess oil cos if not my leather sofa all become oily when i sit on it! hehe

last week i actually bought a foldable mattress from metro and paid $29 for it. today, after the gynae check-up i went to ten mile junction (bukit panjang) cos i wanted to eat the century egg porridge at hara tim sum and saw this shop that sells all kind of mattresses, bed sheets, towels etc. those kinda shops you know..? then i just asked for the cheapest one. it's ugly, and very thin but good to use and throw lar.

ginger: this mdm zainab can be a bit curt over the phone, and abrupt. she scared off two of my malay frens leh! i kid you not. but in person she's ok lar. just typical old makcik.

so when you talk to her on the phone, have to be very precise and to the point. if she asks for size, just say S, M or L straight. she's refering to pre-preggy weight by the way... my fren, who's on the big side, hemmed and hawed and got scolded by that makcik! until now she's traumatised and refuses to engage her service. so you don be scared off by her ok? once you meet her, she's ok one.

i suggest you give it a week and then call her again to confirm your edd. call on the pretext that you just went to gynae and just want to update her. then tell your size and ask abt the cloth binder. and ask her how much she charges lor.

oh, i suggest you tell her about your platform bed too. the reason she told me to have my massage on my bed and she sit on chair is that her leg/knee pain.. so pre-empt her...?

astro/jrrt: currently his cot bed is from ikea leh. original plan was to let the sis use his old bassinet cos she's sleeping in my room for first 6 months only just like he did. after 6 months then gonna buy a new single bed for adil, and then re-convert his toddler cot bed to a proper cot for the sister.

see http://famelasworld.wordpress.com/2009/05/27/20-weeks-pregnancy-update/

then thinking i want to think long term and buy him a proper single bed that has those extra pull out bed underneath. for future use..? another kid maybe.. i dono. ikea got those kinds or not? can't rem leh... his whole room is now ikea la actually. just tot i want to buy sthg that can last longer ie bigger and use til he's older like til 12 y old...

but need to find white lah. to match the current room furnishings...

famela: got.. but for that u got to go to the bedroom segment..no longer the kids section.. i opposite from you. miser keeps wanting to get those super single adult single so that can sleep longer in it.. i keep saying.. toddler bed will do.. coz darn cute lah :p

astro: i agree they're cute leh. last time i was eyeing this bed with a blue canopy of sorts over it. making it look so camp like. i like!!
happy.gif
it's white and would be perfect. dono what series that is though. didnt take note of the name... hmm... maybe if cannot find that perfect adult single bed i'll go buy that in the end lar... but i hate to think have to go buy another bed in a few year's time. this boy like grows longer (taller) every day!

famela
dun think so much... heee... juz buy... coz for things to last so long, means u got no excuses to get new things! I am trying to get a coordinated colour for baby's room too but unable to, so its a mixture of colours now. wun look nice but its not the time to chose now, so juz make do lah. sigh.

i got the same chgg table as u too. But my cot is dark brown colour as i din get fr ikea since its v low... back-breaking for me!!! i got one tt is almost same height as our bed when its at its lowest height.

my hb actually suggested getting a Simmons bed (same brand as our bed) for my son! I said he muz b crazy! We dun hv $$$ to burn for getting such exp mattress, esp when he has yet to b trained off his diapers for nap &amp; bed times!
lame.gif

my opinion is - if u wan those 2-in-1 bed, dun get fr ikea... dun think they hv gd varieties for adult beds. but tods one can do.
happy.gif

Went for my gynea review today for my c-section last wednesday. For those mummies who will be going for c-section, don't worry too much about the wound or scar. It's quite neatly done these days. Still can wear bikini next time, and wont see any scar....haha.
Oh yah, the luchia for c-section is much lesser compared to natural birth. Dun need to buy too many packets of maternity loop pad.

hi celline. i think i must have missed your previous posts regarding the birth of your baby. congrats!!
happy.gif

jrrt: did you see this bed at ikea when you went there?

3024292.jpg

i heart pain wanna get something that won't coordinate nicely leh.. cos it took a lot of effort and time coordinating everything in my son's room. i posted a pic of his current room now. lemme see if can find...

diana,
haha... thanks. maybe u saw the OLD photos.
happy.gif

famela, astro, jrrt,
yeah i feel a lot better after airing my displeasure here in the forum already. what's more i took it out on the banker. hehe... poor guy. he looked so scared when he came to let us sign the docs. i felt a little tinge of guilt lah. so i was polite. haha...

yeah lor. i've calmed down considerably. in fact, can still laugh at it cos i told dad that his good fren may end up delivering his grand-daughter and he just laughed, shook his head and said "looks like in the end still cant escape from UNCLE?" i actually thot that was funny.
happy.gif

miemie,
yah lor. apparently plastics not easy to get in leh. $$$ is good what. everyone wants in. too bad i also dun know one. hehe...

can't find the old post of adil's room. but here's the link to a blog post dated last year, after my spring cleaning efforts just before hari raya 2008.

http://famelasworld.wordpress.com/2008/09/27/adils-room/

jrrt: back breaking? you mean if you were to lift the kiddo in and out isit? i don have a prob with that cos removed the side rails and converted it to a bed last year sept liao. so my son climbs in and out himself. had to do that first before i began my toilet training him la. otherwise if he cannot climb in/out himself he cannot go to the toilet himself oso in the middle of the night.

iceblue, she charges per session (one hour each). no package that i know of. i took her for 10 sessions last time and i paid her $960 incl of the jamu and cloth binder. she didn't give me any better package rate... her charges seem to vary depending on location. 3 years ago she charged me $80 cos she said my house very far from her place in tampines. i'm hoping she's reduced it now. i didn't talk abt her price this time around cos assumed still same. skali diana told me she charging less now. so i guess will ask her on the first day i see her lar.

MieMie : I just don’t want her to think that I don’t love her as much. Heartache leh.

jRRt : I really need to keep reminding myself not to throw temper at her. Haa… Hope everything goes well. :p

Sotong_Mum : Good idea. I should ask Glynnis to choose a little gift for didi. Or maybe buy a cake for didi before she come to the hospital?? Hmm…
Oh... Can PM Me the shifu's contact as well?

Hippo : My gynae also gave me a scare when i was preggy with Glynnis. I was due in Apr then and she told me her due date was Feb. Before that i couldn't tell she was pregnant. Luckily she did not plan to go on maternity leave.
Glad you are feeling better.
happy.gif

Hi all,

Morning.. hmmz, have some questions to ask here..

My room's aircon's really not functioning well, i.e not cold and I've actually scheduled for the servicing to be done tomorrow.. But as my matrimonial bed is placed directly underneath the aircon unit, they would need to remove the mattress (I requested that the bedframe not be removed fearing that it may compromise on its structure etc)..

However, after my dad got to know of the upcoming aricon servicing and the removal of the mattress and the planks below, he called and sorta like gave me a lesson and said that this should not be done during pregnancy..

So, this leaves me wondering, why cant it be done? Is there any superstitions that yall know of, that's tagged to the moving of the mattress or the matrimonial bed (I'm only asking them to move the mattress)..

Well, as he drones on and on, I start to develop my own concerns as after coming this far, I hope that the pregnancy will be smooth as it is only around 1 + month from the edd.. hmm, any advice?

Thanks so much in advance!! =)

famela
i did saw a blue canopy bed there, its not exactly the same like the one u posted but yes, even i liked it too. my son was fascinated as well.
happy.gif

since u got most of adil's stuff fr ikea, i doubt it'll b poorly coordinated if u go back there to get his bed. check it out this wkend.
happy.gif

yah, the back-breaking when we gotta bring the baby in/out. i had alwasys preferred higher cots lah. anyway dun ask me why i din convert the cot into tod bed! hahahaa
lol.gif
dunno wat i was thinking abt! hehee..

hippo
glad u r feeling much better!
happy.gif
i guess as long as baby &amp; u are fine, lets not think too much k?

backpain
its all pantang thing lah. to me, as long as the shifting is not done in my presence, i juz pretend nothing ever happened. in fact, during the last 3 mths, our bed has been shifted 3 times liao. i juz go to my mum's plc to "hide".

Backpain,
yup its some superstition abt moving bed like moving ur womb i think. I also moved my bed from my apt to mums place. Pantang MIL asked me not to be around when the shifting was done. So i just stayed away.

Jrrt,
well i din lose sight of the big picture. Its a good resolution to a bad situation. Gynae's backup could hve been some real clown. N tt would hve been much worse. Anyhow, they are both very lao chiao at MEH so i m told i can expect to be well looked after. We'll see lah.

Tien,
eh, HB just told me last night there was a pregger admitting next to him n he overheard "No single bedded now". Guess we r not much better off vs Mt A n TMC. Sheesh... Seems like baby bonus is working n this is a baby boom yr?!
sad.gif

jRRT &amp; hippo:

Thanks alot!! Guess I just needed someone to believe that the decision to engage the aircon servicing now is right.. =p

Coz I am more or less decided on it, but just that with Dad calling and grumbling etc, it makes me re-think as I do not want to compromise on anything but yet at the same time, felt so sianz with these thgs.. haiz..

Thx so so much!! =)

Hi All,

bad start to the day for me! arghh..

teng also vomitted twice last night :S apparently he coughed till vomit.. after 2nd vomit at 1am plus ( i was surprised i heard nothing.. ellie told me he got cry? i was tossing and turning in bed and i didn't hear anything??? haiz.. :S).. he then slept till this morning..

then rejected breakfast.. then i tried to coax him.. and right in front of me.. he vomitted out his milk feed :S.. haiz.. later see Dr Ong liao :S

and i still have to go back to work inthe afternoon.. was on half day morning off. wanted to bring him little gym.. end up bring him see dr ong.. haiz. then if not for a stupid course which i have to attend (absence means deduction from payroll :S).. i would have taken urgent half day (coz teng used up his child mc for the year liao!!!).. but then again.. Reporting Officer out on course.. and very leicheh having to tell my other reporting officer what's happening.. wait get marked by her .. duh.. ok. i go.. for a stupif 1 hour excel course!

argh.. haiz..

Backpain : To me, its how much you believe in that. For me, i don't. I was painting my room in my mum's house, moving in big bed, dismantling old furniture to get ready for my #1 years ago and nothing happened.

But if the old folks are not comfortable, then you might want to reconsider. That is just to save yourself from all the nagging. But is your dad ok if you are not around?

hippo : She only went on leave for 10 days. She said 10 days is enough for her. Think she just need that 10 days for the wound to heal.
happy.gif

Astro : A few kids from Glynnis' school have also been falling sick and vomiting. Sianz. Heartpain.

What did the PD say?

hello mummies,

good morning... 6 more working days for me. Low energy but i'm sleeping better nowadays, except for that 2-3 pee trips every night. Practically need to 'roll' out of bed for that.

Hippo: I know how you feel. My gynae also dropped me a bombshell a couple of weeks back. She said she is going on course. She is not ard on certain days of the week and if i happen to deliver and she is not around, her buddy will take over. =_=. I didn't really protest la, there is nothing much i can do also. LL lor. Anyway, i also don't feel very close to her, my touch time each visit is only 5-10 mins, and until now at almost 37 weeks, still seeing her once at more than 2 weeks interval. Maybe she just feels its not necessary to see her at a weekly basis yet. But well, she's recommended by a relative and a close friend who works in the delivery suite in KKH, and i trust she will rise to the occasion if the needs occur. But well, i'm still feeling kinda sianz la.

A couple more areas to clean up before my 'nest' is ready
happy.gif
So looking forward to the start of my ML. Nowadays, i just don't feel like talking, just want to be quiet. Last night, went for walk with DH, we walked almost 50 mins in silence and i didn't even want to hold hands. Luckily he understands and did not ask why i'm so quiet.

Astro: Hope that teng is feeling better now!

Mie: i saw the article on the 8.7 Kg baby. Wah, how can the mummy allow her baby to grow so big. One picture shows him with an average size baby, and he is like 3 times the size.

I also saw another article yesterday, this lady went for IVF and this kok-up fertility clinic implanted somebody's else baby into her womb. The clinic offer to abort away the baby. Damn *&amp;*%#$. But luckily this brave and courageous lady say "No way". She is going to deliver in the next 2-3 weeks (just like us), and return the baby back to the natural parents. And it is her last chance of having a baby by herself. I read already and my eyes started to brim with tears.

Well, so much for being in a melancholic mood. Hope the mood will perk up for me soon.

backpain>> my bed is also placed directly beneath the aircon unit.. as my hubby strictly forbids any shifting of the bed (he is a really pantang young man), he will get the aircon man to come and service the aircon when i go give birth.. coz my folks are very superstitious when it comes to such things.. food wise my parents are more or less chin chye.. but strictly no touching of the bed!

siangjiao>> 6 more days... endure! today is my last official working day! heehee.. feels a bit weird leh, wondering if i should say goodbyes later on?

astro>> hope teng is feeling better!
happy.gif

yar mie, my hubby allows me to scrub the whole whole house up and down, only thing dun allow me to do is to shift the bed and change bedsheets. And i don't even know what's the rationale behind. But my bed accumalate a lot of dust underneath, will supervise as i instruct him to clean and vacuum over this weekend. *evil laughter*

Morning mummies!
3rd day of no work! Actually not really, going to start working out some notes for my 'kids' for them to download. But can't wait till gynae appt this afternoon!! Just that my hubby won't be able to go with me...going to have my mum with me instead..

Famela: Completely understand the part of 'GLAD to be away from school' Hahah...no longer need to feel stress about hearing my bosses' footsteps nearing my workstation muahahah!!! He really stressed me up to the max!

Hippo: That doesn't sound good! You mean the pregger was about to admit or she was also trying to pre-register? If it's pre-registration, how can they be so sure? Anyway, strange thing was when I was doing my maternity tour, it was on the 10th Sept. Then according to the mid-wife, they had very good business the day before (090909). Was expecting that they will have no rooms to show us, but turned out the customer officer showed us a single bedded room! But then again, as we walked in the ward, it seemed that the double-bedded ones are the ones being occupied and the BB nursery had so few babies (maybe in room with the mummies) Anyway, I will just be keeping my fingers crossed about the room availability. Already requested through my gynae. If have, of course happy, cos hubby can stay over. But if really dun have just think of it as saving money..sigh...maybe that's why I am half hearted about giving birth on 1 Oct and 3 Oct (although I want lah!) cos they are popular dates.

backpain: It's just one of the many pantang beliefs of the old folks. To keep their mind at ease, just make sure you are not around when the servicemen are here. Like tomorrow, I will be hiding at my mum's place while the BB cot is being delivered. Cos my hubby has to shift some furniture.

haha .. mie, i was wondering if i should say the same thing to my colleagues next friday too ... actually, i'm more tempted to say, please dun kok up hor, if not i come back a lot of shit to clear :p

hi all, just came back from gynae check up today. baby turned head to one side rather than keeping it down... :-( so no choice but to go for c-sect. i'm already in 39th week now. so scheduled for a c-section this coming monday - 28th Sept. Hope everything goes fine!!

i just read above someone mentioning that massage can start 1 week after c-sec. is it so? the massage lady i booked said that she'l start only after 3 weeks in case of c-sec.. pls advice.

dreamygal: tt's alot tt ya did wor, painting and moving thgs ard.. whoaz..

good thing my dad doesnt live with us, so unless he specially pop by to check (which I think he definitely wont), he wont know if we engage the aircon servicing for tomorrow.. i'll be outside when the aircon man comes, because the thing is i'm really fixated and looking forward to getting the aircon fixed and in fact, had been looking forward to the day that we can go back to sleep in the master bedroom (currently slping in study rm as I can still sweat in the master room with temp at 21 and fan at high and I really cant get a good night sleep in there).. to give up the appt because dad dont like it makes mi feel so upset.. =(

but still, to give him and myself assurance, I will definitely stay away when the aircon man comes tmr.. =)

MieMie: wahz, ur young HB also pantang? He must've really really believed in the pantang thgs and value your child alot alot more.. for mi HB, he said he's okay with anythg onez.. haha.. hopefully because they'r just moving the mattress instead of the matrimonial bedframe etc, all'd be okay.. i'll stay away from home tmr.. =)

Tien: heh heh, my baby cot's not here yet, guess there'll be some other days that I need to stay away from home too.. my boss also told mi some pantang thgs and she asked me not to assemble the baby cot too early, to put some worn clothes from healthy babies in my wardrobe etc.. These 2 thgs are slightly easier to follow and I did follow them.. so guess mi'd follow those tt are easier to follow.. =p

always so many posts!!!

can i check something? i heard that there's rebate when we hire a maid if we have 2 children. is that true?

also, anybody else in this thread is self-employed?? wanna check about the claim for maternity leave pay...

Dreamygal: stomach flu :S yes.. this is the season for stomach flu! PD told me.. in one morning.. she sees more than 5 kids with stomach flu!!! so everyone, pls load on ur vit c..

my fren's girl also has stomach flu..went to see the PD also.. but i missed her by a minute. coz the taxi uncle made a wrong exit from expressway and brought us on a joy ride..

dreamygal/mie/mascot: Thanks for ur concern..
teng got stomach flu. mild one though.. but he is very whiny and lethargic.. said one minute wanted porridge, when give him porridge, he wailed and rejected.. then want to remove porridge, he hung onto the bowl.. haiz. this cannot, that cannot.. end up. he tired.. slept without eating anything.. :S cannot give him too much food/liquid at one go cause he will vomit.. but dun give enough, he whines/fuss coz he might be hungry.. wah liew.. i hate this stomach flu thingy.. last time young he already got it once.. feed only.. THREW up.. endless clearing.. then everyone in the house got it except me.. because i was like a manaic, keep washing my hands.. now really cannot risk getting the virus too..

told my mother to stay at home. coz i dun want her over.. cannot handle teng, give black face.. end up whole house greater tension. now ellie is at home with my detailed instructions on what time what medicine.. if all fails.. make sure teng has sips of water throughout the day.. no food also no choice. he got enough reserves to stand by.

miser.. argh.. tell him i cannot take leave.. asked him come back.. he said he cannot.. win liao.. i think miser brought the stomach flu virus back and pass to teng..argh..

argh. bad mood. here in office, cannot stay with teng.. later has to go and attend that stupid excel..i got a part time fren.. who has not many frens.. cheeky kind.. good company when u are in good mood.. when not in a good mood, irritating.. yesterday saw me.. told him i these days moody, bad company.. still tell me tomorrow (i.e. today) he wants to sit beside me.. sent sms tell him.. please leave me alone else i might risk snapping at him.. he said he got it. i hope he does..

wah liew.. grouchy mood.. sorry ladies for bearing with my rant..

<font color="aa00aa">Just a quick update. I'm already 3cm dilated! Option 1: break waterbag and deliver tonight.

Option 2: wait till painful contraction then admit.

My gynea keeps saying it is going to be very painful. Take epi before 4cm dilated or may danger my boy due to low blood flow as baby going very low.

VE: I already tried to be super relax. She is fast. Discomfort and bit sore. At least I didn't cry ..

I'm still at tps now, going to hook on ctg before going home..</font>

Woah ho! I'm back...for a while. Noticed some of us have delivered! Congrats to you all!! Good luck to those who are due soon ! (especially to nomsnosm!) I hope we all have smooth smooth delivery!! Ta!!

<font color="aa00aa">Noleh, no pain but my gynea makes the whole labor process the most painful thing I can ever had like that..
sad.gif

Yesterday night I felt pain, not usual pain but bearable. Can sense something not right, today I left home with my bag!! Just got the feeling this fellow will come, gynea said probably within the next 7 hours..Think I need to ask my mum to come back tonight</font>

noms: suggestion is for u to accept's gynae's suggestion of option 1 under epidural..
so that no risk of emergency c-section after having go thru all the painful contractions.. induction is quite a lot of pain..

noms: waa i wondering how u still can keep posting while waiting to give birth hahaha..
happy.gif
Hopefully everything will going smoothly for u
happy.gif

Yest, i went to gynae, and was said that my water level in my waterbag is lower down already so she said from now on anytime can give birth.. i was a bit shock since i think i still have 1 more week working time and 2 weeks from my EDD.
mie how bout u?

diana,
wow 3cm!!! that's great news! jia you! btw, not that you really shud care about this now, but i received the lilypadz today. so nothing for you to worry except push asher out in 1 push! haha... all the best!

by the way, y 1st n 3rd oct is a gd date which sme of u mention? As i knw, 3rd oct is mooncake festival, y gd leh. Hw abt 1st oct? Who knw the reason?

Back