(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

check out this website when you are free
happy.gif
http://www.inspiremumbaby.com/inspiremum.asp

loke and astro: poor thing. my hb also not home yet. he went to watch a play tonight and should be home soon. i bought sushi for him in case he is hungry when he gets home...but, i m getting hungry again thinking of the sushi!

mrs L: u are so sweet. i didn't get him any food.. dinner still waiting for him .. hmm.. i think he will want me to be as sweet to him mah.. but i cannot lah.. affected by his late coming home.. haiz. real mo0dy liao

Xoxo: I walk there. To and fro takes about 40 mins.

Mrs Neo: I have been avoiding home too. After reading your post, i gather that it is normal.

Is it because of all the undone housework etc.. Alot of responsbiilties that are taxing you?

Mrs L: I think i am heading for the 'overweight' mark. Due to Sedentary lifestyle. Cant seems to run,jog. Tiring. Now i can only manage to walk very short distance. Somemore it is like path hogging.

Tien: what is this cross stitch beanie about?

if i don't feed him, he will sure forget to eat and then end up grumbling "is there any food in the house" or dig into my little snack box :p

ww: take ite easy. walk slow slow and take careful steps. i m very careful these days. walk very very slow like turtle speed.hehehe

shugar: sound like you are hungry?

i go and lie down now...cant sit too long these days...belly growing and in the way! it gets uncomforatble after sitting for a while..but lie on my back also can get uncomfortable after a while. dont know what to do man
sad.gif
oh well, hope our babies stay good and make it easy for us mommies.

good nite ladies. sleep tight!

morning mummies..i woke up with terrible gastric. ouch! hands and feet trembling not from cold but from extreme "hunger"...hope today will begin to feel better for me..quite jialat like that, everyday's a struggle..

Gd morning, ladies!

Xoxo>> I am not sure whether the avoiding home thingy is because of my MIL.. but i hasnt really seen her for the past, 1 weeks +.. cos when i am home, she's asleep.. and when i'am awake, she's out at work le...

Jia You and take care!!! If really really not feeling well, pls see a doc ASAP!

ww>> I am really not sure whether this whole home avoiding thingy is normal.. but i guess its only 2 of us having this problem leh..

I think for me, it cld be due to me cooping in the room the moment i reached home.. and i felt like a pressure cooker.. feeling very very compressed pressured leh.. and yearning for fresh air and space! N i dun like to stay in the living rm..

Harlow,

Just wanna find out if we can visit someone who just gave birth?

within her confinement period or after her confinement period?

Any superstitions etc?

Good morning to everyone. The weather looks fine for a walk. Wonderful....

Mrs Neo: I recall my galfriends who rather sit around in the park til wee hour. It is very scary, they are always crying. Just sit there and cry for hours. I suspect this crying thingy can be persistent.

MrsL: I am getting very impatient with the speed that i am walking.

Angie: Ooo i have done that many times til i gather it is not a good idea. They appears very tired, anxious about the bb.

ww: whoa, okie, so I cant visit them ar? Sigh, coz I've got 2 friends who gave birth to babies this month and I heard that 1 of them is real real cute! so tempted to go visit her.. haha..

ww>> Really ah? Sounds scary! Erm.. i hope i wont end up siting in the parks till wee hours.. But i know tat home doesnt sound appealing and homely to me anymore..

Angie: I didnt say no or cant visit them. I am just commenting.

Mrs Neo: I agree. In fact i find it difficult to stay at home for long. I think i am experiencing a change of personality or what...

But i still enjoy nature. The grass, trees, sun etc...
Take a deep breath when you are in the park. Smell. Nice.

good morning!!

Yoga IMTBs (interested mothers-to-be):
1) Astro
2) Mie Mie - preferably Saturday evenings
3) Xoxo - anyday, anytime
4) ww
5) Mrs L

AQUA @ KKH
1) WW
2) Xoxo - Sat (take the 2pm timeslot?)
3) MieMie - yeah, 2pm slot is ok for me.. (but is it a bit too early to start in April where we have just started our 2nd tri?)

so excited at the thot of starting to workout! woohoo!

angie>> i think visiting is ok bah, but you not allowed to carry their babies leh.. coz some babies very pantang one, they will get cranky when a preggy woman (other than their own mummy) caries them!

Hello Ladies,
I am back.... I have been missing for these couple of days. My youngest girl is down with puemonia. My eldest and myself is having bag cough and throat inflammation.... My doctor has not put me in the course of antibotics. But she said if my condition did not turn well, I will need to take....

I am interested in the AQUA @ KKH, also prefer 2pm time slot as my girls mostly in their afternoon nap.

morning ladies!

xoxolight: hope you feel better after eating something?
happy.gif

joyce: rest more and hope you all of you will get well soon!

angie: maybe you check with your friends first if they are ok with having visitors?
happy.gif
i normally check first coz some of them vy vain, no make-up on they dun want to see pple! hahahah :p

ww: okie, no prob, haha, thought cannot visit them.. ;p

MieMie: maybe if all my friends are going over, then I'll join them, but to play safe, wont carry their baby.. =)

shugar: haha, true true, we'll ask her first, coz if all's going, she's going to be real busy having to entertain friends, but guess all the attention would be on her new baby.. =)

Hi all, I'm back.
shugar, famela, loke and xoxo: I'm sure all of you are eagerly waiting for your next scan. I used the dancing baby story to make my husband feel bad because he was supposed to join me for my visit, but he couldn't get away from work.

But because of this, my in-laws want to go with me for my next visit. I'm not close to them at all, but I think I need to let them accompany me, so that they will be more than willing to help me look after my baby when it is born.

Anybody has been accompanied by in-laws for visits to the gynae?

astro: the antacid I got from my GP. It was helpful, and last night I was ok, although I went to bed hungry.

BTW: I saw you people talking about sore nipples. One way to go 'braless' but not too revealing, is to wear those cotton training bras that are big and you don't need to hook them. So it will just cover up your nipples but still comfortable enough.

Wah, so many of you so 'on' about yoga and swimming classes. I'm actually cancelling my gym membership because I haven't been to the gym in a long while. Waiting for my new place to be ready so that I can use the gym there, and swim. I bought a few bikinis during my honeymoon in Dec, and I hope I still can wear them. I'm not going to care about my bulging tummy.

I'm not sure whether I'm losing muscles, because I had not been exercising, but my weight has been dropping. I think I've lost more than 2kg already since the start of my pregnancy. My gynae was a little concerned. The other possibility is that I can't eat much for dinner, even though I'm stuffing myself with food all the time.

Angie: I did not visit my friend who just gave birth. In fact, I don't visit any of my friends who have given birth. Not sure why, but my mother always told me not to look at newborn babies when I was a kid. Really have no idea why. Anyway, I'm going for my friend's baby's first month celebration this weekend. Not sure whether to announce my pregnancy as I'm going to be entering my 12 weeks soon.

hi glass
wow ur fast.12 weeks already?? Has your MS cleared for good?
I also had antacid from my gynae, but it is a huge pill. And had to gulp 2 down. Do you eat it before meals or whenever ur feeling the acid building up?
I gathered this is ur #1? In-laws should be more than willing to accompany you, and if they are going to play a huge part in helping you look after ur kiddo, all the more you should involve them in the growing stages. =)
to those already mummies
my nurse at Thomson tole me strictly not to carry my boy, isit true she said it will increasse the risk of miscarriage?? Well..just wana know opinions from u ladies.

Ok first let me include myself in this list

1) Astro
4) ww
5) Mrs L
6) Rina - Preferably Tue evenings

Joyce, hope you and yr gals get better soon..

Glass, I went wit my MIL once for my 3rd pregnancy. That was the day I will know the gender. Before I can tell my hubby the gender, she already did. Yes, her hobby is to irritate me. So my advise to you, if its just a normal check up, then go with them. But when it comes to important check ups like knowing the gender, go alone or wit yr own parents if DH cant go.
happy.gif

Hi Huimin, I'm at 11 weeks now. Next week then 12 weeks. Mine is a mixture, looks like for children. It's whitish and tastes a little like toothpaste. I've only taken it a few times, especially after I've vomitted and still feel a lot of gastric juices wreaking havoc.

Ring boo: Did she say something bad to you when you found out the gender? I think my in-laws are very quiet people, especially my MIL. Whatever she wants to say, she will tell my husband, because I have a bit of communication problem with her. I don't think my mother is that keen to go with me.

When can we find out the gender? At 4 months?
Anyway, Rina, take care, if you are not feeling well.

joanne
The nurse was quite stern when she saw me carry him.my boy about 12kg. But I guess carry at the side ba, on our hips should be safer. The other nurses also agreed and tell me not to. So I try not doing it as often, or perhaps shorter times?
glass
I have that one too. I tell myself it is mentos than it is much easier to swallow. I hate anything I have to gulp down. even food. So I am hoping that when my 12 weeks is nearing, I can look forward to the light at the end of this phase. Was ur peak at around 9th weeks? Roughly when does this MS end...its a torture..I feel so lousy everyday.
to all
any food to recommend to eat for super peak MS?LOL

1) Astro - preferably Saturday mornings or weekdays evenings (after 8pm)
4) ww
5) Mrs L
6) Rina - Preferably Tue evenings

Glass, nope she never say anything bad to me lah. Just that I wanted to tell the gender to DH myself. Before I can do that, she already call DH herself, right after we were out of the clinic. Yup, you can know the gender on the 4th mth. And of coz the bb has to 'expose' him/herself for you to see...coz some babies are too shy..

hi all

on child MC today.. teng has a slight tummy upset.. but still as notti.

hui min: ya. i was told by my gynae's nurses, don't carry my boy.. not that i have any strength to carry him also.. 18.2 kg (dropped though). hmm. maybe.. u could try to carry him (if really need to), from a raised surface so that u dun have to bend/squat. or u really have toreply on solid arm muscles liao..
happy.gif

dun think it is miscarriage. more of straining..

xoxo: alamak.. take care.. go nibble on ur softmeal bread?

glass: ha.. i been wearing the very old nursing bras.. at the very least it is not pressing down that hard..not as comfy as totally bra-less.. butbetter than the usual bras..

shugar:
happy.gif
better now.. maybe because i am at home on child mc. kekekkeek

joyce: very tough taking care of kids when u are not feeling well also. take care!

huimin: so far I had been puking on weekends in the evening. I think that's due to my afternoon naps, and slightly late dinner. It's the backflow of the gastric juices that cause that.

If you talk about peaking, I find it getting worse now, with me puking twice just a few days ago. So, there's no let up. Of course, I'm already thankful that it's more due to indigestion than ms.

At least it's a mixture. I have problems swallowing pills. So far the folic acid pills are tiny enough for me to swallow. For other medicine, I have to chew it to swallow. So when I get awful tasting pills, I really can't stand it. That happened with the fish oil supplement. Up till now I can still visualise the awful taste in my mouth.

wow!!! all of you are morning mummies!!! haha..

angie: i think its ok to visit lah. no superstitions.. just be careful if u want to carry the baby.. but then again, the new born will not be as active as a 1yr old. so the baby might not kick u also. i just went for my friend's baby shower. haha.. i go there and eat only..

huimin & joanne: my mum also ask me not to carry my nephews and niece.. its not so safe lah.. but i guess just be reallly careful.. she ask me not to play with them lor.. how can.. haha. they are so fun to play with.. anyway, just be careful lah..

oh and i noticed something.. my bb likes 92.4fm.. the classical music station... my nausea seems to go down A LOT when i switch on that station...hahaa..

if it is a boy hor.. it is easier to see at an earlier week.. coz of the little birdie.. girls take a longer time to 'show'..
i doing my OSCAR cum NT scanning at week 11.. hopefully, i can get a conclusive answer.. i want a little princess..

mrs L: ya. teng can be a little cheeky.. he used to be a very guai bb.. but now got a bigger personality.. which suits me just fine.. used to find him very meek. everything also scared.. now slightly better.. can throw tantrums wor! hahah. amusing.. i like :p else really like Miser like that.. 'dead dead' kind..

loke: sunraysia pear juice helps! *winks*.. haven't finish whole bottle. today see effect.. hahahah. good.. :p

re visiting mums duing confinement
hmm. think would be good to call and ask if they are comfortable with the visit. coz this period huge hormonal changes. i remembred i was sulky all the time.. and i dun want to see my frens.. coupled with my horrible post natel hives.. it was really quite bad.. to have to 'entertain' my frens.. thankfully my frens are alright.. they knw if i am bored.. i will go and pester them :p

astro: cool!! i feel that sunraysia juice is quite concentrated.. maybe that's y its acquired taste. but if it works.. that's great.. haha.. at least u wont feel so lousy...

xoxo: i havent got home to get my books yet. hopefully tonight or tmr evening...

astro
Take of ur lil boy! If you have MS, isnt is tuff to take care of him and yourself. Do you have help at home?
Hehe I also wana little princess leh. But praying hard this MS goes away first before I go insane.
I think we should all steer away from ice lemon tea. I drank it last night and oh my, everything was thrown out. I hate the evenings, I suppose it gets worse during that time. But I open my kitchen window and look at the people running den I merlion out at the basin. Much better then doing in the bathroom when its cloudy and small. Eeks
DO you ladies have this queer thing of fussiness like every little thing can irk you or can be a powerful catalyst to throw up? Duno if mine is princess, thats y so fussy.

<table border=1><tr><td>NO</TD><TD>NICK</TD><TD>BABY#</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>HOSP</TD><TD>GYNAE</TD><TD>FACEBOOK </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Carlyn</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>01-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>ong1312</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>01-Oct</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>sportyangel</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>01-Oct</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Dr.Selena</TD><TD>angelina kusuma lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>baby_glendon</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>03-Oct</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Moobb</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>03-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr L N Sim</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Mrs Neo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>03-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Mrs Lundquisto</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>04-Oct</TD><TD>TMC/MT A</TD><TD>DR WH Kee</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>shugar</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>05-Oct</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Joyce</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>06-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Woo BH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>glass</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>06-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>lildaisy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>07-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr A. L. Lim</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>xoxolight</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>08-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr L N Sim</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>famela</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>09-Oct</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Sotong_mum</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10-Oct</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr K C Ching</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>glad</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>11-Oct</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian B Woodworth</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Bubble_min</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>12-Oct</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth E.Lee</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Grace</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrance Ang</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>cream_magnolia</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13-Oct</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Joanne</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Soh</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Roxie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Catherine Tan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrance Ang</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>MieMie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Oct</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>ginger</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>16-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>yeet7</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>16-Oct</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Kang Wei</TD><TD>[email protected]. </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>_piggy_</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Oct</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Sweetzinc</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>19-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Chiapatty</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>20-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Phyllis Liew</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>clumsybabe</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>20-Oct</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth E. Lee</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>lingxin5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>20-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr W H Kee</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Loke</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>21-Oct</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. L S Lien</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>elise44</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>22-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>HoneyLemon</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Oct</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Loh SF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>siangjiao</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Astro</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>26-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Eunice Chua</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Jo</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>26-Oct</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>ipheh</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>dreamygal</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>happyface</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr K T Tan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>huimin</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>poky</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>pupsandcups</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr HY Wee</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>ww (jot)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Koh C H</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>

rina: oic. Your MIL was probably too excited and she just called without waiting for you.

loke: haha, I'm also currently listening to 92.4 when I'm driving. Read that Kelly Chen, the HK singer, is listening to classical music to help in the baby's development. Anyway, I'm listening to this channel because my fav station had seen so many changes in the last few months, I just got tired of them.

shugar: ya, just one or two days difference. So far the growth had been quite constant, the two dates I got are either 6 or 7 oct.

I'm just curious. How did you people know you were pregnant? I was talking about this to my friend who gave birth recently. She didn't know she was pregnant, until her friend told her that she could be pregnant, based on her sudden motion sickness in the car.

I've actually dreamt that I was pregnant, plus an overdue period.

glass: hehee. that's interesting.. dreaming of pregnancy and u really are pregnant!

i didnt know i was pregnant. i was just worried if i could even get pregnant cos of the really irregular period i have throughout my growing up years.. and also we were planning to have children. dont want to wait till i'm too old to realise that i have problems conceiving. so i decided to make an appt with the gyne. at the same time i took my basal temp and noted the date of my last two period, calculated the number of days and estimated the next period. but the next one didnt come. got even more worried.. but as a pharmacy graduate, i know the gyne would want as many info as possible. so i decided to do a pregnancy test (otherwise gyne will also do it during the appt). lo and behold, it showed positive! haha. i didnt know to be happy or surprised. anyway, the appt was a few days away, so hb and i decided to go gyne to confirm lor. so yeah. that's how i got to knw i'm pregnant. the week after the appt then i started to have MS.

glass
lol. I did not know I was preggy until I tested. But I was on super nauseous mode before that so I sorta guessed.

loke
Is that true that it helps? I do not have a radio receiver in my room. Darn..but I guess I will listen to people talking like television? Helps i hope?Now all I want to do is lie down and do nothing. I wonder how you mumies with MS still make your way to work!

loke: the funny thing was i tried two tests, one with my GP, both turned back with inconclusive results - the positive line seemed to be there, and yet it was not clear. Think I tested too early. It was only the third time, when my period still did not come, when I finally got a clear positive.

hui min: I see. I can't remember whether I was feeling that way. Maybe I did. I kept wanting sour mee siam.

Back