(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

morning and so many early birds!
hehehe, *waves*

at least i got out of the right side of the bed today. been having it a little rough for the last couple of days past. no leg cramps, pelvic cramps, backache etcetera...

hippo >> i couldn't make it for yoga AGAIN! not due to work but because i'd this menses-like cramps that started wed and lasted for two whole days. coincidentally, i saw my gynae on wed and received an all-clear, "baby's happy" affirmation so i was actually trying to tahan it. now told to take it easy over the weekend at least and rest more. the grass is always greener from where we are. those who are working wants to stop working and stay at home - vice versa. i'd love to indulge in all the shopping wheezing past me now..attend classes, have nice teas and so on..well, am gg to enjoy the next two days chillin'...

sotong_mum >> i'm done with my maggi mee breakfast. and still hungry! what's happening?? having a craving for pizza..but it's 9am..this craving gotta wait. i've put on 3.5kg ovr the past mth..seriously don't know how i did that when i was so stressed and busy. haha, shld have reserved this fact for the next time we meet...
happy.gif
think the extended snooze did me a world of good. now i feel i've got enough energy to run a marathon (of course not lah!)...

xoxo,
3.5kg!!! wow!!! that's no mean feat for you my dear!!!
happy.gif
very good. i have a craving for pizza as well!!! was just replying to gal^'s email and i remembered recommending her to a pizza place in melb. and i started thinking about the pizzas there. of course i think here in sg, Spizza will have to do. wonder when i can squeeze in that???
happy.gif

so the MS is gone??? *ssshhh* not too loud. i hope it is for you tho'... but its great you sound happy and relaxed. waiting for u to stop working so we can chill and have "tai tai afternoon tea". hehehehe...

fifi>> yes! i was quite sure it was you.. haha.. and i was sitting next to your hubby.. wanted to catch hold of you after the class, but you just zoomed off with your hubby!

hippo: ah, hahhaha, miemie was saying that she that she thought she saw you... hahahh so she did! :p i guessed who miemie was and a bit paiseh went to ask her if she was her....hhaahha hoping i didnt get the wrong person half the time. :p
Oooh you're in the same class/group as me, hehhee. so say hi the next time you see me!! :p

miemie,
i ran off cos i was afraid i would launch into one of those violent coughs and scare all the preggers lah.
happy.gif
also din wanna stick around for stemcord thats why...

shugar,
eh, how to say hi to you leh? i dun even know what u look like...
ops. ok got photos in FB. let me go scrutinize now. hehe...
happy.gif

Mie: how to join that Oct09 baby group?

Sotong Mum: Was initially stressed because we wanted to shift to be nearer to inlaws' place (since they are taking care of the kids) and as well as to get into the school of choice since past stats show that chances are higher for those staying within 1km. However, I got pregnant and we decided to shelve the shifting plans for the moment. Hv identified another neighbourhood school and using grandparents' address, we shd be able to get in within 2km. So hope this year will be same.
happy.gif

Xoxo: Good that you can eat more now. I think your appetite is coming back to compensate for those times you were having bad morning sickness.

Hv a gd wkend everyone!

lin: just a reminder that whatever that's happening to u now is just a season. another 3mths baby will be out. so as much as u can, dun dwell in these negative thoughts. smile at them and i believe u'll eventually get out of it.

astro & hippo: i really didnt know whats TGIF!!! haha.. thanks for enlightening me. btw, hb came back from camp in the AFTERNOON!!! so i had the luxury of taking half day leave!!!! wahhaa... fil aka boss said dun bother to go back office.. to troublesome to drive up and down. so i just took his words and went home with hb.. shiok!!

oh lin: my hubby always overseas.. so i also very sianz.. that time 1st tri he was away for 3 whole weeks!!! together with his dad who's our boss.. so i'm the only one taking care of the office.. plus all the morning sickness and horrible smell at orchard towers... haha.. so bo bian lor. got to ren.. and then hubby and fil not around.. so being responsible, i got to take my own initiative to go and visit my mil lor.. unfortunately.. i cant take her food.. eat already puke everything out. and i'm not like very close to her also. frequency very different. so my point is that many times we really got to be proactive and change ourselves instead of hoping others would change for us. plus.. its much easier to change ourselves than to try to change others..

have a great great weekend!!!! hubby's playing guitar for the church today!!!

hippo: i took a month wor..

keekee.. i about to set off for a potluck party with my former thread ppls.. altogether 18 familes are turning up.. double that number of pple because maids, hbs, multiple kids etc.. have bb pool to play in.. should be fun!!

when we all deliver our bbs. we should organise such functions hor
happy.gif

miser always faint when i insit on joining such gatherings.. given he is such a hermit!. ha.. then i told him.. u wait for oct thread ones.. coming soon too.. he heard.. wanted to faint liao! hahahah.

blink: heh.. good. go dating lor!

xoxo: *waves*
happy.gif
.. my weight is stagnant. i think. but i think i put back what i have lost.. so that should be 3 - 4 kg also.. .. take care..

catch up with u all later..

miemie,
just din wanna waste our time. we already decided we wun do it after researching. what's more i doubt std marketing presentations will tell us anything we dont already know. in fact, yesterday's session was quite waste time too. she didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. hopefully the subsequent sessions will be more informative.

loke,
hehehe... figured as much. you must be one "en ai" couple.

xoxo,
the transformers outing was great. watching a 2&3/4hr movie in gold class was worth every penny of it. hehe...
happy.gif
had pizza at modestos, not nice at all leh. i want my la porchetta!!!

hippo : la porchetta have to wait..or..maybe u can contact the chef there to open an outlet here!! :D (same like what they did for Hog's Breath) :D I quite like the pizza called 'Pizza Pazza' @ Anchorage's Koufu. I know got other outlets but i din go try so no comments.

sigh next week i m working late shift. kenot go watch .. "ICE AGE 3". Have to wait till next weekend. *pout*

hippo >> no leh, my MS has lessened to 3-4x per day but it has not gone away....misery loves company so wanna see who else is keeping this nauseous vigil with me..hehehe...oooh..i was having pizza at peperoni pizzeria at greenwood ave. we should go there after class one day. it's fantastic. too bad we can't drink..their beers were great (judging that i ended up being the driver for my friend's car). another plc to song abt is the saddle club's pasta. too bad i always MS after chocolates so couldn't really try the death by chocolate..had to curb my temptation big time. i have been really eating alot actually. just ended my dinner with my family at hooked (upp bt timah)...the grilled salmon fish head and seared scallops were truly out of this world. made up for this week's leg and pelvic cramps. onset of backaches now seem to put a dampener though but nvm..feasting away seems to be my calling now. yeah yeah..3.5kg..but my babe is only 750g at 25wks...so i guess it's moi who's been soaking up all the gd food
happy.gif

astro >> sounds like a logistical nightmare...hehehe, i wonder our oct grp would look like...????

Hi mummies!

Just a update of my baby from my check up yesterday.
baby was 811g at 25 weeks.. doc say it's consider average size.. but my water level is at a normal range but slightly towards the low side..

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to increase the fluid.. but doc ask me not to worry coz some girls have smaller water bag. Anyone have the same problem as me? She also say as long as the baby is growing well,and i did not burst my waterbag, it should not be a big problem

I just came back from a GP.. kena sorethroat today.. damn kiasi now coz of h1n1 so immediately went to see the doc.. just to ensure everything is ok.. hopefully the sorethroat will heal asap! :D:D

Oh yah i went for the stemcord seminar and signed with them liao! anyway were there this morning ?? :D:D

Hi Mummies!

I stated the day well, went for a picnic in East Coast and later kite flying in Seng Kang. In Seng Kang, I actually forgot I'm pregnant and played football with the kids. My hubby was screaming at me when he saw me =p After which, we went to our friend's house for dinner in the west. In our friend's house, we received a call. My sister in law had passed away.

I'm not close to her but I'm kinda glad she's gone. She had been bed ridden for 4 years, going in and out between the hospital and the nursing home. Because she is brain dead, my hubby & mother in law are her legal guardian. During the past 4 years, her hubby had divorced her and we had to handle this process. In short, though my hubby is only here for 2 days per week, he had to divide his time between us and settling his sister's stuff. It hasn't been easy for my mother in law too as she will goes to hospital/nursing home almost everyday to take care of her. It's a relief for herself as well I believe. Just imagine, can't talk, can't move, fever & fit comes and goes, keep moving in and out of hospital. We as normal people will not be able to know the kind of pain she had went through!

It set me thinking, should I set a will for my children in the future to let me go if (touch wood) such things happened to me? I don't want to be a burden to my children.

So hippo/xoxo/ww, I might not be able to go for yoga next week again because of this reason.

xoxo,
Glad to hear that you have put on weight! Keep it up! Don't forget, you gotta put on more weight then us! All the western foods must be the source
happy.gif
don't let me inspire the wrong/unhealthy things to you. Good ones why you didn't absorb?! Ya, we are still waiting for you to have our "tai tai" high tea! Neck become very long. Don't tell me it's a fruitless wait?!

Hi Bluesea,
That's good for you! The school within 1Km from my house is very popular with only 69% successful rate of balloting. So most likely we have to move to my old school which is in the north. Am pregnant but still, for the sake of my son(s), I guess we have to move. I always don't have luck in lucky draws better don't risk!

Hippo,
Haha, I also feel like Ah Ma nowadays! Cos I always put on medicate oil for my headache. Smells like Ah Ma!

sotong_mum >> i'm sorry to hear abt yr sis-in-law...abt wills...hmph, i am also contemplating. this is something we need to do i think. i even discussed with my hb, in the event both of us aren't ard, who can we trust as bb's guardians and so on..not a nice topic but needs to be dealt with. gd luck this coming days with yr p1 registration. hopefully u don't need to move out of the east...and pls don't play football!!!

whoa..so now we need to circle the date two weeks ltr for our tai tai lunch..hehehe...hippo, u also should ganbate and get well soon. i will try to steer out of any crampy issues in the meantime.

astro,
hahahaha... i tell you. if we organise outing. my HB WILL NOT be there. he's same as miser, prefer to fade into wall paper kind. i think it'll be impossible to accommodate all of us in this thread. there're like what close to 50 of us here right? hehehe... i'd like to see who wants to organise it.
happy.gif
california pizza kitchen? ok i will keep that in mind. somehow the style of pizza making is different. in melb they put tons of toppings but here like damn KIAM lor. only a little bit and u only get 3-4 types of toppings max.
(shugar, miemie, that's actually really the main reason why i didn't really stick around to say hi. cos the HB is anti-social one leh. he will like give me weird look like why u go and talk to stranger one. of course if i force him he will smile and shake hand lah, but very unwilling one lor.)

sotong,
wow... my condolences. but u r right. i think she has gone to a better place. speaking of wills. yup, we were actually in the process of drawing one up before the baby came along. about to get it legalised but obviously when bb is coming, she will have to inherit everything rather than to split between our 2 families (as b4 we had any kids). so that's KIV right now. but i think all of us should have it and its not difficult to create one. in fact, the lawyers have like a standard template for you, and you just change whatever is necessary and then its done.

sotong,
hahaha... but i never smell hong yu on you leh. just dun let it become a habit. my aunt applies it like perfume. literally smell like hong yu all the time. i cannot stand the smell and always make fun of her. hehe...
happy.gif

sweetzinc,
try not to eat any heaty stuff and get rid of sore throat asap. my stupid cough started as sore throat. *touch wood* and drink lots and lots of water. this cough, wah lau, i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy man.

gal^,
u know that did cross my mind. but i dont think i'm that much a risk taker in starting career/biz. and cos pizza can hardly be a staple in an asian country, not like in the caucasian countries. but its really really good. the other one i ever wanted to start franchise is IN & OUT BURGER from the US. hehe... *slurp*

xoxo,
go pak tor with HB this weekend. nice right?!
happy.gif
greenwood i always wanted to go, but the parking puts me off. ok i note down the names now! next time after class u bring us k! hehe... but i cant pig out like you leh. doc gave me the same schpiel agn last check up. i wanted to tell him dun say already. hehehe...
happy.gif

ok babes, will check back later!
happy.gif

hippo: yeah i will lor have been drinking lots of water.. but ytd just went for chalet and BBQ and the food almost all spicy haha..

we can have a all girls outing ma hahaha. w/o the HBs

hi blink

ya, u r right, i m going for ops, so can c bb 2 weeks earlier,. the past few mths has nt been a easy time for me n hubby.. all i wish now is arrival of bb and things will be diff..
coping with mental n physical stress is very hard"(, no1 goes what we going through..btw, me n hubby is finally ok. but problems with in laws still occur...

hi sweet
glad that ur bb is fine. heard that lying down too much will cause waterbag to burst de, u must take care hor. we are fragile, cant let anything happen to bb or i think we are the 1st to cry till heart drop out"(

hi sotong
my condolences too, but rem not to attend the wake lei. some chinese ppl no allow de.. lifes very sudden, i got a frnd whose frnd also sudden fall sick and is in coma. its either to wait for death or be a bed-ridden lo... things come sudden that we arent prepared cos all ppl is thinking they will have long life. me is thinking of buying more ins for bb so next time he can hv better life, cos at least we start early... we are always grumbling abt our life le, so no wan see bb suffer.. hope all mtbs bb will be hapi")

will>> tricky thing for me n hubby. we never talked about it cos his family is too complicated. my family is too average to have a need for a will drawn up by my parents. so we just got to create our own empire lor. haha.. ]

lin: glad that things are fine between u and hb.
happy.gif
both of u give each other strength.. so dun give up! in-law probs always there one. take it easy and enjoy life.. like u said life is short.. never know what will happen tomorrow.. so just live it to the fullest at this moment while u can!

hippo: went to watch transformers 2 last night too! i thought it was a really good show.. very exciting.. haha.. and the storyline i find it clearer than the 1st part.. only thing is the show is a bit draggy.. a bit too long i feel.. but on the whole it was good.. :D

hi all mummies here! i'm also an Oct mummy, expecting my little princess in mid oct! :D
hope i'm not too late to join in your discussions!

hihi

any1 noe actual location of Cheong Choon?

i only hv their address and heard that its very near to OG chinatn, but not sure of actual location...

lin: huh is it ? nv heard of it haha.. gynae ask me not to jump coz that will lead to waterbag burst also. she nv mention abt lying down too much will burst leh..

I'm kinda sick now.. hubby say i too heaty.. constipate for 2 days liao.. yakult dun do much help to me this time round
sad.gif
now down with sore throat and minor flu. hopefully no fever coming along.. sigh.. cannot afford to fall sick man!!!

Hi lin (pingwen1703) : No problem. PM me your email and contact? Add me in facebook if you have. Can come out for tea or window shopping. But you have to help me chase after my little glynnis.
happy.gif

Hi Bluesea (bluesea2) : Ya. Join facebook. I always enjoy looking at Mie's loots.
happy.gif

Hi cjdg (cjdg) : Welcome!!

morning..unbelieveable that it is monday already. back to work. 24 days of working life left for me...

dreamygal >> are u trying this out? seems quite animalistic...but then, why put a good placenta/organ to waste? what exactly do hospitals do with all the placenta and stuff after delivery?
incinerate them?

xoxo>thanks for the video link. my friend did mention however I didn't go check it out.

sleep:
I haven't been sleeping 8 hours straight lately. Last night, woke up twice to go loo. Think my bb is a pee detecting machine. kick kick kick time to go loo. Is this the beginning of 3rd Tri symptoms? I still in 2nd Tri leh. :S anybody encounter same thing?

And I am curious, seems like my bb is v active. i.e. every few hours will kick. Previously was just before lunch/dinner/supper. Does that mean after bb is born these are the hours the bb will be awake? any idea?

loke,
actually its confusing when they fight cos u dunno if they were autobots or decepticons. hehe... but i like the twins (red & green cars) quite funny. overall, i dun its as bad as what the reviews said. and if there's a 3rd part (which i'm sure they wld make since its so profitable) i'll still go and watch it.
happy.gif

gal^,
i think i've been waking up every hr past few nights. thanks to the cough, i'm a bit incontinent, so i gotta make sure my bladder is empty or risk leaking.
sad.gif

i feel like my tummy is being stretched further last 2 days. a bit discomfort in tummy and pelvic area. and yes, bb's kicks are getting stronger and more frequent.

xoxo,
placenta? eeee... i think i wun see that link.
sad.gif
apparently a lot of celebrities take them to keep looking youthful or something. but quite a gross thought tho...

sweetzinc,
my fren told me last time she eat dragonfruit to help when feeling constipated! I'm not sure if it works, but it worked for her. You may want to give it a try...

wow, where are you ladies heading after birth?? So fast plan gathering already...

gal^,
for me, its different. some days my bb like more active, can keep moving in the afternoon n night, some days like very quiet... days when she's quiet, i worry! but when she active, i cant concentrate at work. hahaha

Mie and dreamygal, I hv joined already but dunno who is who... do enlighten me pls.
happy.gif
Mie, what loots? From overseas sprees?

Sotong Mum >> Good that you hv your shifting plans in place. Mine may be shelved for a year at least, I think. But maybe still can mk it in time when I register for my 2nd child. See how, nothing concrete yet, now just worry abt registering for my elder girl and delivering #3 in Oct.

cjdg, welcome!

cjdg: me too.. baby kick too much when i'm at work i cant concentrate.. i feel like my stomach got something wrong.. either that or she'll kick my bladder and it's ticklish. hahhaa..

sweet: i think dragonfruit does help leh. the last time i had constipation in 1st tri, i took prune juice.

hippo: haha.. i love optimus prime!! the vehicle is so COOL!! and the thousand years old war plane which was decepticon but decided to change sides... the plane is actually very cool before it changed into the "old man". i totally ignored those extras fighting in the background. just focused on the main characters. sure got transformers 3.. cos the cowardly decepticon and the megatron is not dead. they escaped when they saw that master kena killed by prime. i love prime!

bluesea>> you click on the "older wall posts", most of us identified ourselves there.. heehee
i have been shopping quite a lot le, and some of us have uploaded our shopping loots in the group photos.. go and take a look and upload yours leh.. heehee

welcome cjdg! welcome to the princess club, there are so many princes here compared to the number of princesses! im expecting my princess mid oct too!

loke/cjdg: ooo dragon fruit haha ok i shall go try!
actually for those who want we also can organise one outing before we give birth ma haha so no need to wait so long hahaha.

sweet>> to see everyone's big stomach is it? haha
if wait until everyone give birth, i tink earliest will be december then can meet le!

mie: REALLY??!! aww... optimus prime is the last prime... its so sad if he dies. haha.. i wonder if they can procreate.. dunno if there's an optimissy prime.. then they can procreate to have an optibaby prime.. hahhaa....

sweet: u wanna organizE? haha...

blink/sweet: pot luck.. at somebody's condo with pool? :p then i can bring ah bao go and swim again..

haiz.. on mc at home. aving headaches.. with a *ahem* very sore V area. my hip bones are breaking.. :S.. didn't happen till the last tri for teng leh.. jialat.. ok. i admit.. i haveb't been diigent with my calcium :S

xoxo:it wasn't a logistical nightmare.. it was great fun!.. coz all prepare someting and just go and eat.. no pressure!
happy.gif

haiz.. i have only 4 days left of MC till end of OCt! tahan. tahan!

mie: wahahhaa!! no lah i dun wanna compare.. coz mine is not big lor. December will be xmas liao! wahha..

loke: hmm... dun think i can organise alone haha.. u wanna help ? =x

Astro: yeah good idea leh.. but i dun stay in condo anymore.. landed also not bad but parking wise may be a problem. haha.

sweet: i think astro's idea is not bad.. unfortunately i also dun stay in condo.. hehe.. we can start organizing now and hold it in august.

actually my stomach also not very big. i'm just very heavy. haha. my hips are so expanded.. haha... i heard that first time mums usually dun have very big tummy...

Hi Lin,

Cheer up! Me too have the very difficult MIL to handle as well.... Having a positive thinking is good for you and your unborn bb. I am okay to exchange contact with you. Take care & hope to talk to you soon....

loke: yah i've gained 10 kg so far leh!! so scary...
think i gonna sleep the whole afternoon today.. hope my flu will recover! =\ feel so yucky argh

blink: some second time mummies also might not have big tummies.. heh.. my other thread ladies cannot believe i am preg.. my colleagues also. def my bosses think so.. so they keep piling me with more work!!! argh..

Sweet: *whistle* u staying at landed?? heh. no issue about the parking. coz i dun drive! whahahahha.. hmmm.. go ur house? got pool?:p
and 10kg?! woohoo. expect another 5 at least for the remaining months :p:p

ok.. let's start.. mai tu liao. :p

Pot Luck at somebody's condo/house with pool facilities
Who's Keen?
Date: one of the weekends during August
Time/Venue: TBC

1. Astro
2. Blink
3. Sweetzinc

Register your interest!

heh.. that's all it takes to START a gathering.. details can come later! kekekeke..

wow.. i hear LOOTS! what have you gals been buying?? Me dunno wat to get. so far only bought a pram...

i just caught Transformers yesterday too! i loooove the cars in there! N bumblebee! he's now like so strong, especially when he fought the decepticons!

Evil*Mie, there are more princes here? i been hearing alot of princesses around before i join here... ok, more chances for my gal to find a partner next time! hehe

Hello gals, pot luck sounds fun. Count me in! (except Aug 29)

My stomach don't look very big because i put on weight everywhere =_= Mu double chin now is so prominent
sad.gif
Dunno if anyone is feeling it, but i'm starting to feel tired and clumsy, esp if i walk fast or climb stairs.

Talking about placenta, i'm going to keep mine. My mum got the lobang to make them into pills. Do you know some of our make-up and skincare includes placenta as part of the ingrediant? Placenta from animals of cos la
happy.gif

Back