(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

~maelyn~
Alternatively u can check out Kiddy palace for bb carriers. There r cheaper ones if u need to get n dun want to invest. My bb carrier was a gift n brand is lucky baby. So far good to use except tiring on shoulders if my bb facing front n carrying for a while. My hubby refused to invest in Gd ones though I like bb bjorn v much... So I Juz stick with this.
: )

Melissa

I tried that myself. Hehe. In fact I sampled all the food while making them. Pea itself tastes horrid. But when mixed it actually tastes quite good.

jul is the munchin grinder good...n easy to use..can blend cooked meat or not? or apple n pear?

now i m grinding rice to powder, then when cook, boil n cool then blend it together with the cooked meat. then put in slow cooker to cook again..very shiong...

Pea purée..

Hmm.. Seems like pea purée is the favourite for the mummies here. Btw, when u all buy fresh peas, do you buy from market or buy the one in tins? I have not tried home made Pea purée yet. Have tried sweet potato, banana, papaya.. All made fresh, have nvr thought about the idea of freezing it. But my baby VannXyn consumes very little yet, so feel kinda wasteful.. Then now started with bottle purée..

xmasc, thanks for the info on the thermal wear. I am still using the pupsik pouch to carry my sons. so far okay. I don't let the bb sit on my hip. he will be infront like koala bear hugging me and i like it that way. anyway, u sure when your bb is 15 kg, you still want to carry him for long hours?

Anyone can recommend a good toy rental company?

Marie, what time is your trial?

Puree - shouldn't we move on to tiny pieces of food instead of still feeding them mashed up food for long period of time?

<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff"><u>Pikkolo Carrier</u></font>

It can carry up to 45lb which is also 20kg. It allows front carrying facing in or out, back carry &amp; also hip carry.

<font color="aa00aa">Ning</font>

Yes, you can try to feed using yr finger. Jed refused to eat for the past wks &amp; I only realize spoon was e problem till I tried to feed w my finger. His lower teeth is cutting out so tink e pigeon spoon hurts him. I've now switch to the combi spoon &amp; he's eating again.

<font color="0000ff">bbq</font>

You can try

http://www.rent-a-toy.com/
http://www.rent-that-toy.com/</font>

<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">bbq</font>

I very 长命 hor.. know you tinking about me so drop by e thread
happy.gif

How's yr 2 boys doing? I've suggested 2 toy rental site in my earlier post. I used both of them a few times during birthday parties, their toys r quite well maintained.</font>

<font color="119911">Jenifur</font>
Ian has the same problem.. been using pigeon spoon but recently I find feeding him very difficult till I switch to using the combi spoon, then he starts eating properly again.

<font color="119911">Jeni</font>
I just throw rice and raw fish into slow cooker with veg stock, cook till rice is meshy. No need to grind rice into powder, so troublesome. Just cook rice longer, till u dun see the grains at all.

cookiezz> i din get them specially for baby la. hubby n me usually use those frozen ones to make butter corn. so i got like 2 more pack in the freezer =p

sheryn> ya. pretty close to my aunt. hehe. maybe i ask my mum to ask. den no need paiseh. i m de kind dun like to ask pple for favour one. soso =p

i oso nv given my boy barley cereal before. i think wkdays during my boy solid food time, he oredi pretty tired. so dun really wanna eat much solid. so for me abit hard to let him eat solid food during de wkdays. wkend will be a better gauge to c wat food he like. i think cereal fuller den puree. but than oso depends how thick ur cereal is =p

i heard de baby cubes with puree can store for 3mths when frozen =p

kam> hehe. troublesome ma =x anyway after make, oso put back in freezer =x

Itsy,
you throw fish with rice or wait till rice become porridge before throw fish in? What veg stock are you using? Where did you buy it?

BBQ
ya actually the book recommends that we move on to chunkier food. But not sure if it's because the baby has teeth. Mine is still bo gei. When her teeth appear I'll prob make her food chunkier.

bbq98,
Yes, we should be moving on to chukier food slowly, when you think your bb is ready.

potbelly,
don't need to wait till they have teeth. Baby mashes the food using the gum, not the teeth. You can try mashing the food using the fork, and leave with some small chunk pieces. See how well your bb can take. Porridge is also another good food to try, don't cook porridge till all mash-up, but with some grain left, you know what I mean, and see how well baby takes it. Do note all food offer still have to be soft food.

<font color="119911">Connie</font>
I was told to wait till rice half cook then throw in fish but I lazy, I'll throw in together with uncook rice. :p Veg stock I prepare myself then freeze in cubes/ice tray. Like what Kam mentioned, I cook the porridge in slow cooker till meshy but can still see a bit of grain. Then I'll mesh up the fish with fork to feed Ian together with porridge.

If not using fish, then I'll separately warmed up frozen puree and add to the cooked porridge.

<font color="119911">potbelly_burp</font>
I got the red and white colour Pigeon spoon. The pro is the spoon part (part where it goes into the mouth) won't touch the table when u leave the spoon on the table. The spoon is hard plastic. The combi spoon is made of softer material. Now, I find it easier to feed with Combi spoon cos it's slightly bigger and the material softer won't hurt Ian's gum cos he likes to bite the spoon.

<font color="119911">Baby on plane</font>
I need advice. Do we need to bring infant seat along if we wanna take a plane? Do I need to buy a separate seat for Ian?

Found the answer from air asia webby

Infants: ... An infant may travel provided he sits on an adult's lap. Only one (1) infant is allowed for one (1) adult. No perambulators are allowed on board the aircraft..

Itsy,
I booked with SIA, going to Shanghai next month :) For SIA (and most other major airlines), yes, you HAVE to pay for an infant. Our adult ticket before tax is $500, infant one is $140 plus tax (tax portion is very little only). If you book early, they usually will give you a bassinet seat, subject to availability.

Itsy, yup, they fly on your lap. They did ask me on the way back if I wanted an infant seat belt but I didn't bother, just strapped her into a carrier. A tip I'm sure you've heard.. get them to drink when taking off and landing. Rylen had no issues at all ;)

Last call for Baby Jumper Gym at
Kembangan. Need 4 babies to get the special S$23 for the trial. They've offered these 2 slots:-
Saturday 1:30-2:30pm or Sunday 4:30-5:30pm

Please PM me if you're keen by the end of today.

Thanks!

jeni, potbelly

Hmm.. hhow to describe? The mucnhkin grinder had holes for the food to come out from. U put the cooked food into the bowl, then turn the handle round like milling soya beans u know? It's good for things where u wanna separate skin like peas n corn. And for potato if u dun it to become very sticky with the blender. But I think not good for hard food like meat. I nvr tried. But with apple, can't be done. it's not expensive tho.. abt $25 from Robinsons. Then if ot 20%, even cheaper. But it's not absolutely a must. I think if wanna buy any equipment, better to invest in a blender

maelyn

Sam started carrier late. Ard 6mths+? But it's very very good for me now coz I use it at home also to carry him to sleep, or when he's fussy. I even sleep on the sofa while he's asleep inside if I'm too tired n he refuses to be put down.

I also use it when I go NTUC. Hubs will push cart n I acrry Sam. A bit mafun to push both cart n stroller lor.

IMO both a carrier/stroller are necessary. Use it for different situations. For eg when outside, wanna feed baby, I feed Sam in the stroller rather than use their BB chair. And he sits inside when I wanna eat. carrier is good for church when he doesn't wanna sit still or gog to places which aren't stroller frenly.

If u're just gonna use to carry up n down stairs, then dun splurge on the manduca lah. think manduca is good for say if u carry for 30min or more? Sam hates the sling, so I got no choice

jul,
im going to another one starting even later hahaha since im going to get one this week. Wil bring cayden down to try out. Heard that beco also not bad haiz..btw do you have the disc card? is it 10%? any mummies wanna join me this friday?

my wrist still hurts haiz i have to go for another review this weekend. Its so painful till i cannot even type without feeling the pain...feel so handicapped

itsy, porridge cook how long har?
hai yesterday mil cook porridge, then we mash fish n brocoli inside. duno is it cos of smell or the porridge not cook properly(still abit chunky), or not blended (cos recently i blended the porridge with boiled pork til very liquid). then yesterday mil didn't blend it. boy almost vomited and choked leh upon the first 2 spoons...scared me man., i tot got bone or what.

mine already grinded rice, still like abit grainy after boiling so long leh...wah u can just boil normal rice n give ah...my mum say better not, esp after yesterday's episode.

anyone cook porridge liao, then put in blender to blend and then give straight to baby after blending? my mum scared blender not clean enough, need to boil again after blending..alot of work., but dun blend, then the meat like too big piece leh.

<font color="ff0000">xmasc,</font>
ahh... Good... Can prob meet u pass ur magic cube n teething tablets...
happy.gif

let me know what time? Preferably after 1pm else very rush!! Hehe... We can go petit bowl after that if u like...

I dun have the disc card though... U can get frm Bernice maybe? She stay NEL also..
Actually 3 of the mummies I know who has the card are all located at NEL.. ;p

<font color="ff0000">maelyn,</font>
thanks for casting a vote for Rayanne!!
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">jeni,</font>
ermm.. Just wash the blender clean will do?
Pour in boiling water to flush it before pouring in the porridge to blend??
Actually if u are blending then no need to blend the grains prior to cooking.. Just cook everything already then u blend ba... It will be mashed up after blending already...
happy.gif

rach,
okok will sms you again. Thanks! btw i wanna vote but when i click the vote button hor it just brings me to the a page stating "you have completed the poll" please continue shopping." duh!!!!

bernice,
can borrow urs? If not can we just tell them the card number or what to get the 10%...

<font color="ff6000">lucky3</font>

hahaha u got more patience than me man! but good to know i am not the only "silly" one hahahaha!

<font color="ff6000">maelyn</font>

wah 2 flights of stairs ah? but u wun be putting him in the carrier just to go up the stairs right? but without it, can be quite tiring cos i stay on e 4th fl and sometimes walk up/down the stairs. not ez wor.

<font color="ff6000">melissa</font>

haha i sound so silly hor? peeling one by one? i always tell hubs proudly tt i m a bimbo! (now tt bust is bigger, so also excuse for being a no brainer!) oh ps daiso has? i went to e vivo one n checked out the tupperware area instead n too spoilt for choice tt i left w/o buying! okie will try e babies section! i also enjoy making puree!

<font color="ff6000">potbelly</font>

haha i thought pea taste really gd! i used to pick peas out but when i ate them while pureeing, wow! they are sweet! but when u blend liao got one smell haha! like pureed broccoli, got bad smell! oh yah have u went for julia gabs trial? i m gg later!!! called ytd and got vacancies! but its the one at evans rd. so ulu! hubs say take cab, siong wor!

<font color="ff6000">xmasc</font>

i dun mind gg w u on fri? where u stay?

<font color="ff6000">pureeing</font>

i feel like a zookeeper sometimes! u watch animal planet, etc? the keepers will blend food for baby animals and will blend fruits/veg, worms with dry food for the animals and put them in the fridge also. so everyday when i open the fridge to scoop out a few flavours of puree into the babycube to feed, i somehow feel like i m a zookeeper!

Jul

I went to google the munchkin grinder. Doesn't make sense to buy as I've not one but TWO blenders at home already. I'm giving up on blending peas after I finish my packet. Buy pea jars.

rach,
i know why leh. Apprantly i was trying to load it just now in iPhone and the page is loaded there hee hee...rayanne has myvote. She is super camera sensitive hahaha.

<font color="ff6000">xmasc</font>

me at redhill! haha i also wanna go to parkway leh, wanna see the carrier tt jeni posted cos tt shop at parkway has and its cheaper than manduca i think. i dun really like manduca cos its quite stiff so i wan one which is softer and got the attachment to cover baby's head ")

xmasc - Oh the card i lent to itsy liao. Told her no need to return the disc card to me. Perhaps you wanna ask her? She also stay along the NEL line...

rach,
i just voted for rayanne! nice big smile she has there ...

kam,
oh you're going to shanghai? visiting friends/relatives, touring or for business?

rach

i also can't see the webpage leh. maybe coz fil's pc quite lao kok kok liao

xmasc

i returned my disc card to my fren who lent it to me liao. u must show the card coz they'll punch hole in it - one-time disc only.

hmm i din like beco. gotta clip clip like baby bjorn. too troublesome for me.

anyway better to get as early as poss. i kept thinking whether to get then hubs told me to buy NOW if not i'll just be wasting the time frame that i can use it. makes sense.. sometimes us women think too much :p

potbelly

wah if u have 2 blenders then dun waste $$ liao

cookiez

manduca is very soft after u wash it once. it's not like canvas material at all.

Cookiez

I haven't tried brocolli yet. Hehe. I like jg. But I find the lesson a little long for my baby. She goes for one hr of bjg. At the end of lesson already look v sleepy. Don't think she can tong the 2 and half hrs of jg. Plus she can't sit unassisted for long. Jg requires the baby to be able to sit unassisted.

But will enroll her when she's older.
happy.gif

michelle mwerkz

oh so ur boi mainly take solid food on weekends ar.. okie. My cereal texture is usually a little watery.. so chloe can slurp in easily. u started with porridge on ur boi le?

sheryn> nope. i still give by boy cereal/porridge/puree on wkdays. but usually he only finish like half den get tired n wanna play only. else he be very fussy. so cooking for him on wkday very wasteful one. bo bian lo.

and in ifc, de sch feed him 1/2bowl of cereal n they say he eat very fast unlike drinking milk. but at nite i can feed him 200ml of milk without prob. so i guess he prefer solid in de day, milk in de nite?

xmasc
ya card with me. i haven't used it yet. still haven't found time to go to the marina parade shop to try out that carrier yet before deciding.
when u want to go down to novena to try, just PM me see how to arrange if u need card. ya i at sengkang too.

potbelly_burp - she was in her carrier but once the plane got off the ground I unstrapped her and quickly popped a bottle of milk when my ears started feeling like it's gonna pop soon. We know to just swallow but poor babies dont,I heard a few kids screaming. On the way down I just carried her and gave her water from the bottle (she usually drinks from a straw these days).

Back